CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20151201)

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby buzlucay » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:15 pm

I have USB Camera delay problem, how to fix it ?

I have ODROID-XU4 device. I am using CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4.
I use USB Camera for my project, but I have just about 1 second delay.
The solution to this problem would you be ODROID USB-CAM 720P?
buzlucay
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby riko.roma » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi,
I installed the CM12.1 Ver 20150707 on my XU3, after 3 weeks the system doesn't boot....

The reason?
riko.roma
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Roma
languages_spoken: Italiano
ODROIDs: XU3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby uDude » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:09 am

@riko.Roma do you have console output?
uDude
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: 2 U3's
2 XU3's
5 C1's
24 XU4's

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby riko.roma » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:49 pm

uDude wrote:@riko.Roma do you have console output?



I haven't the USB-UART Module Kit :-(
riko.roma
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Roma
languages_spoken: Italiano
ODROIDs: XU3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby buzlucay » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:41 pm

I have ODROID-XU4 device. I am using CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (29.08.15).
I use USB Camera for my project, but I have just about 1 second delay.
I don't have delay problem with USB Camera Trial Program : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mera&hl=tr
Unity3D Game Engine is using direct camera device source for camara feed.
I have USB Camera delay problem, how to fix it ?
buzlucay
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby jlperez » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:37 am

Sorry i dont know if its solved but my compilation fails due to:

Code: Select all
OMXCodec.cpp:124:30: fatal error: ExynosHWCService.h: No such file or directory
#include "ExynosHWCService.h"


Any idea?
jlperez
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:35 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby IS Park » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:37 am

Hello,
great kernel implementation, its has better resource.
I connects USB audio from HardKernel C-media USB headphone set with address
root@odroidxu3:/ # lsusb
lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0d8c:000c
also it works well some apps like usb audio tester,can listen and play .
But its not connected to Android default audio,so I can't use MIC.
Would you please guide me how to setup this USB headphone to Android application?

I want use USB camera and this USB headphone's mic and speaker.

Thanks in advance.
IS Park
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:40 pm
languages_spoken: english

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby voodik » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:14 am

IS Park wrote:Hello,
great kernel implementation, its has better resource.
I connects USB audio from HardKernel C-media USB headphone set with address
root@odroidxu3:/ # lsusb
lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0d8c:000c
also it works well some apps like usb audio tester,can listen and play .
But its not connected to Android default audio,so I can't use MIC.
Would you please guide me how to setup this USB headphone to Android application?

I want use USB camera and this USB headphone's mic and speaker.

Thanks in advance.

Swap USB Camera and C-media USB ports then reboot Odroid.
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby voodik » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:56 am

For people who have a small data partition problems.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=16820
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby PeterRavnMikkelsen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:07 am

Hi voodik,

Thank you for your excellent effort in getting all this Android stuff running on the Odroids. Well done Sir!
But I have a couple of questions regarding this CM 12.1 version for the XU3/4, I hope you'll be able to answer:

1. When booting from eMMC, is it possible to mount a SD-card in the XU3/4 SD-port as a 'ExtSDcard' for added userspace?

2. Can this image change framerate on the fly, so Kodi is able to change framerate according to the videoplayback(24/50/60Hz) and videoplayback will be smooth on a TV?

3. Is it possible to use an external USB3 harddrive as added userspace?

Saw your data+user space method with boot.ini, that solution is very elegant and needed. Trying to predict the data/user partion ratio is almost impossible when installing and this solves it. Nice :)
PeterRavnMikkelsen
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:34 pm
languages_spoken: English, Swedish, Danish
ODROIDs: U2, C2

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby voodik » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:17 am

PeterRavnMikkelsen wrote:Hi voodik,

Thank you for your excellent effort in getting all this Android stuff running on the Odroids. Well done Sir!
But I have a couple of questions regarding this CM 12.1 version for the XU3/4, I hope you'll be able to answer:

1. When booting from eMMC, is it possible to mount a SD-card in the XU3/4 SD-port as a 'ExtSDcard' for added userspace?

2. Can this image change framerate on the fly, so Kodi is able to change framerate according to the videoplayback(24/50/60Hz) and videoplayback will be smooth on a TV?

3. Is it possible to use an external USB3 harddrive as added userspace?

Saw your data+user space method with boot.ini, that solution is very elegant and needed. Trying to predict the data/user partion ratio is almost impossible when installing and this solves it. Nice :)


1. Yes
2. Not sure, i think it using fixed framerate which is configured for hdmi output.
3. Yes (if you have a large files(4GB+) format it to exFAT)
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby fayfive » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:25 am

$ repo init -u git://github.com/voodik/android.git -b cm-12.1_5422
$ repo sync
$ ./build.sh odroidxu3

I followed the step ,but there is some error:
Code: Select all
packages/providers/ThemesProvider/src/org/cyanogenmod/themes/provider/ThemePackageHelper.java:71: error: cannot find symbol
        sComponentToFolderName.put(ThemesColumns.MODIFIES_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN,
                                                ^
  symbol:   variable MODIFIES_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN
  location: class ThemesColumns
packages/providers/ThemesProvider/src/org/cyanogenmod/themes/provider/ThemesOpenHelper.java:499: error: cannot find symbol
                        ThemesColumns.MODIFIES_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN + " INTEGER DEFAULT 0, " +
                                     ^
  symbol:   variable MODIFIES_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN
  location: class ThemesColumns
packages/providers/ThemesProvider/src/org/cyanogenmod/themes/provider/ThemesOpenHelper.java:450: error: cannot find symbol
                ThemesTable.TABLE_NAME, ThemesColumns.MODIFIES_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN);
                                                     ^
  symbol:   variable MODIFIES_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN
  location: class ThemesColumns
packages/providers/ThemesProvider/src/org/cyanogenmod/themes/provider/ThemesOpenHelper.java:458: error: cannot find symbol
        values.put(MixnMatchColumns.COL_KEY, MixnMatchColumns.KEY_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN);
                                                             ^
  symbol:   variable KEY_LIVE_LOCK_SCREEN
  location: class MixnMatchColumns
Note: packages/providers/ThemesProvider/src/org/cyanogenmod/themes/provider/util/SystemUiPreviewGenerator.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
4 errors


I really can't find the symbol in all the decument.
Anyone can solve it?
Thanks!
fayfive
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:47 pm
languages_spoken: english chinese cantonese

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby buzlucay » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:27 pm

I have ODROID-XU4 device. I am using CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (29.08.15).
I changed this line into the build.prop file
persist.demo.hdmirotation=portrait

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7s3fqs7ri3h7p ... 120556.jpg



This application is not working, going back to the default position:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tate&hl=tr
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ioncontrol
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndroidlock


How to reverse screen rotation ?

Is it possible? --> persist.demo.hdmirotation=reversePortrait
Last edited by buzlucay on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
buzlucay
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby 0ryn » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:07 am

Hey there,
Nice work on the build.

I have 2 little problems, if I pair a stereo bluetooth headset, it only pairs as phone audio and not multimedia audio. It worked as multimedia on 4.4.4
Also is there a way to specify wifi region as my rt2800usb dongle is not picking up my home 5GHz wifi since the upgrade. (It does see other 5G networks just not mine)

I wondered how hard it would be to change the kernel for a newer version (4.x) Your build repo just automatically builds. Any idea where to even look at effectively forward porting things to run with the newer kernel?

I figured out the BT audio problem commented out A2DP SYNC line in build.prop
Last edited by 0ryn on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0ryn
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:09 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, U3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby albsat » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:40 am

I wish voodik could build cm for odroid c1. We as users of c1, desperately need some fresh android wind for our box.
albsat
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:41 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby 0ryn » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 am

albsat,
You might have to bite the bullet at get an XU4. It knocks spots of my old U3.
0ryn
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:09 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, U3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Hey

my compilation also fails due to :

frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:124:30: fatal error: ExynosHWCService.h: No such file or directory
#include "ExynosHWCService.h"

I saw several other people with this problem

is the problem already fixed?

thank you
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby riko.roma » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 pm

uDude wrote:@riko.Roma do you have console output?



Hi Guys,
I bought the USB-UART Module and follow you can see the output console.

I have had this problem with my XU3 and XU4 with the CM12 (all release)

Please help me...
Attachments
Output-XU3-CM12.1.txt
(86.12 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
riko.roma
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Roma
languages_spoken: Italiano
ODROIDs: XU3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby lung1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:08 am

Hi,

I'm trying to build a MediaNav system for my car(Dacia Lodgy). I bought the XU-4, USB-UART, RTC Backup Battery, 32GB eMMC, USB Audio Adapter, WiFi Module 4, Bluetooth Module 2, USB GPS Module 1, HDMI 7'' IPS capacitive 1280*800 display.

For the sound sistem I'll use a HDMI 1M>2F Splitter, 1 end I will use for the screen and the other one I will use a HDMI > 3 RCA Cable for the sound.
I will connect the steering wheel buttons whit the help of an Arduino mega.
The problem that I have now is with the radio. I don't know it would work on cm. I can connect the TEA5767 FM Radio module to the arduino, but will it work whit the build in app??

I'm totally accepting any suggestion on all levels. I would really like to make this thing work.

Thanks so much for your work. I'm considering a donation when I'm all done.
lung1
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:44 am
languages_spoken: english, romanian
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby uDude » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:20 pm

riko.roma wrote:
uDude wrote:@riko.Roma do you have console output?



I haven't the USB-UART Module Kit :-(


@rico.roma, without the USB-UART it is hard to troubleshoot ... that is where the boot up console really goes.

Can you say what lights come on? Do they blink at all? Does the fan come on?

I have two xu3's and I can try to replicate what is happening.
uDude
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: 2 U3's
2 XU3's
5 C1's
24 XU4's

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby riko.roma » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:20 pm

uDude wrote:
riko.roma wrote:
uDude wrote:@riko.Roma do you have console output?



I haven't the USB-UART Module Kit :-(


@rico.roma, without the USB-UART it is hard to troubleshoot ... that is where the boot up console really goes.

Can you say what lights come on? Do they blink at all? Does the fan come on?

I have two xu3's and I can try to replicate what is happening.


Hi,
I can't now because I installed the Alpha 3.1 again, btw with my XU3 and XU4 I have had the same result after differents week.

Today I will install the CM12.1 and if I have the same problem will post a video ;-).....

Thanks very much.
riko.roma
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Roma
languages_spoken: Italiano
ODROIDs: XU3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby Eamonn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:53 pm

lung1 wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to build a MediaNav system for my car(Dacia Lodgy). I bought the XU-4, USB-UART, RTC Backup Battery, 32GB eMMC, USB Audio Adapter, WiFi Module 4, Bluetooth Module 2, USB GPS Module 1, HDMI 7'' IPS capacitive 1280*800 display.

For the sound sistem I'll use a HDMI 1M>2F Splitter, 1 end I will use for the screen and the other one I will use a HDMI > 3 RCA Cable for the sound.
I will connect the steering wheel buttons whit the help of an Arduino mega.
The problem that I have now is with the radio. I don't know it would work on cm. I can connect the TEA5767 FM Radio module to the arduino, but will it work whit the build in app??

I'm totally accepting any suggestion on all levels. I would really like to make this thing work.

Thanks so much for your work. I'm considering a donation when I'm all done.


I'm doing the same but have taken a slightly different path. For the radio I purchased the following two components off of Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 9063513026
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5027620002

I can confirm that the UBS stick works perfectly well on the current version of Lollipop that Voodik released once the SDR Touch Driver app is installed from the Google Store. The usb stick runs off of the Realtek RTL2832U chip that has been around for a while. I plan on using SDR Touch (app in the play store for about $8), but the UI is a bit clunkey and not ideal so if you hear of something better then please let me know. This stick gives me such a good signal range that it even picks up frequencies its not supposed to like passing aircraft!! For 10 bucks you cant go too wrong as long as you keep it all legal. The shark fin is just because I dont like the look of the standard antenna.

Why are you using an HDMI audio splitter when you can use the USB audio adapter from Hardkernel? That way you can also avail of the microphone input for voice control since you already have the GPS module. "OK Google" is a great feature for a car. ie: "OK Google, remind me to email Voodik when I get home" etc. Just plug the O/P into an audio amp and connect that to your car speakers.

With the version I want to put in my car I need to modify Voodik's excellent stock kernel and rebuild Lollipop to work with the USB touchscreen interface I have, but I have been struggling with this for about 2 months now and cant compile without lots of different errors. As soon as I solve one another one appears :( My HDD failing last night that didn't help either. If only there was a step by step guide for dummies on how to modify a Lollipop kernel and compile it all on Ubuntu using $make menuconfig aimed for newbies to Linux like myself ;) *ahem* - queue the drum roll and enter the hero of the day with a magic link...

Good luck!
Eamonn
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:47 am
Location: Ireland
languages_spoken: English, Dutch, German, Russian
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 pm

for compiling the kernel :
environment variables :
export ARCH=arm
export PATH=${PATH}:/opt/toolchains/arm-eabi-4.8/bin
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-
CPU_COUNT=$(grep processor /proc/cpuinfo | awk '{count=$NF};END{print count+1}')

build kernel (run from kernel directory)
make -j$CPU_COUNT

defining kernel

make xconfig (or menuconfig if you prefer)

for compiling Lolipop:

environment :

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/
export JAVA_HOME
export ANDROID_JAVA_HOME=$JAVA_HOME
export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin/:$PATH

make :

./build.sh odroidxu3 (run from Lollipop to directory)


hope this helps
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby uDude » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:31 pm

@rico.roma,

riko.roma wrote:
uDude wrote:@riko.Roma do you have console output?



Hi Guys,
I bought the USB-UART Module and follow you can see the output console.

I have had this problem with my XU3 and XU4 with the CM12 (all release)

Please help me...


Looking at your console output here is what I think (meaning what I would check out). I see the following lines:
Code: Select all
reading boot.ini

** Unable to read "boot.ini" from mmc 0:1 **
>>> Load Boot Script from mmc 0:1 <<<
reading boot.scr

** Unable to read "boot.scr" from mmc 0:1 **
>>> Load Boot Script from mmc 0:2 <<<

** Unable to use mmc 0:2 for fatload **
>>> Run Default Bootcmd <<<


I looks to me like the boot script on the emmc is corrupt or completely gone. The system continues to load the kernel, which it finds (so zImage seems ok). Using the console, I would try the following as a test. Boot the device, from the serial console, hit space a couple of times and see if a login prompt occurs. If yes, login and run "fsck" on each partition --- don't "FIX" anything if the partition is mounted, this is just to see if it has bad blocks.

Alternatively --- plug the emmc w/adapter into another odroid or a linux laptop and then umount all the partitions that are automatically mounted. Then fsck each partition (e.g., fsck -y /dev/sda).

Also note if hte boot.ini or boot.scr as searched for in the snipped of log above exists on the boot partition. Regardless, you need to put new ones on there. To do this, after the fsck, I would put the emmc back in the odroid, reboot and then execute /usr/local/bin/odroid-utility.sh from the console. Choose get new kernel and script files. [or just write a new image]

I can be more explicit when I am sitting in front of a board and not doing it all by memory.

Good Luck,

uDude.
uDude
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:32 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: 2 U3's
2 XU3's
5 C1's
24 XU4's

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby Eamonn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Thats brilliant, thanks myworktask. You also answered my next question about which toolchain version to use for the XU4. I'll give that a go when I get a new copy of Ubuntu up and running today.

The final embarrassingly simple questions I have are: When I open $make menuconfig in the kernel folder for the synched repo , it opens my Ubuntu (computer) kernel configuration by default (I think). Loading in the "/Android/kernel/hardkernel/odroidxu3/makefile" file opens the repo Lollipop kernel (I think) which I can modify to enable and disable what I need. But when I save it, it doesn't create a .config file. Instead it replaces the makefile file with something completely different which the compiler gets errors compiling.

1) What is the location and name of the kernel configuration file I need to overwrite?
2) Is this even the correct file to open?
3) I noticed two configuration files in the kernel directory. 1 basic and one advanced (has all the kernel changes I need). Does the Lollipop installer use the basic version as default?

Sorry for asking such simple questions. Once I build this kernel the touchscreen should work so I'm finished with the software. Then comes the fun part of CT scanning my car dash and printing off the new enclosure/dash :)
Eamonn
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:47 am
Location: Ireland
languages_spoken: English, Dutch, German, Russian
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:01 pm

1. when it opens x86 configuration file it means that the arch is not defined correctly
try going to the folder : kernel/hardkernel/odroidxu3 in the CM12.1 folder , this is the main folder for the kernel

additionally, if not set , set default config by : make odroidxu3_defconfig (doing so overwrites the .config file)

2. the configuration file used fir the kernel is the .config file in the main kernel directory
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:51 pm

"ExynosHWCService.h" temporary splution

if compilation fails due to : "frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/OMXCodec.cpp:124:30: fatal error: ExynosHWCService.h"
vi device/hardkernel/odroidxu3/BoardConfig.mk
-BOARD_USES_HWC_SERVICES := true
+BOARD_USES_HWC_SERVICES := false


you will not have the HWC support which will implicate system performance , but at least it will compile (this is my solution until voodik will update solving this problem)
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby lung1 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Eamonn wrote:
lung1 wrote:Hi,

I'm trying to build a MediaNav system for my car(Dacia Lodgy). I bought the XU-4, USB-UART, RTC Backup Battery, 32GB eMMC, USB Audio Adapter, WiFi Module 4, Bluetooth Module 2, USB GPS Module 1, HDMI 7'' IPS capacitive 1280*800 display.

For the sound sistem I'll use a HDMI 1M>2F Splitter, 1 end I will use for the screen and the other one I will use a HDMI > 3 RCA Cable for the sound.
I will connect the steering wheel buttons whit the help of an Arduino mega.
The problem that I have now is with the radio. I don't know it would work on cm. I can connect the TEA5767 FM Radio module to the arduino, but will it work whit the build in app??

I'm totally accepting any suggestion on all levels. I would really like to make this thing work.

Thanks so much for your work. I'm considering a donation when I'm all done.


I'm doing the same but have taken a slightly different path. For the radio I purchased the following two components off of Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 9063513026
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5027620002

I can confirm that the UBS stick works perfectly well on the current version of Lollipop that Voodik released once the SDR Touch Driver app is installed from the Google Store. The usb stick runs off of the Realtek RTL2832U chip that has been around for a while. I plan on using SDR Touch (app in the play store for about $8), but the UI is a bit clunkey and not ideal so if you hear of something better then please let me know. This stick gives me such a good signal range that it even picks up frequencies its not supposed to like passing aircraft!! For 10 bucks you cant go too wrong as long as you keep it all legal. The shark fin is just because I dont like the look of the standard antenna.

Why are you using an HDMI audio splitter when you can use the USB audio adapter from Hardkernel? That way you can also avail of the microphone input for voice control since you already have the GPS module. "OK Google" is a great feature for a car. ie: "OK Google, remind me to email Voodik when I get home" etc. Just plug the O/P into an audio amp and connect that to your car speakers.

With the version I want to put in my car I need to modify Voodik's excellent stock kernel and rebuild Lollipop to work with the USB touchscreen interface I have, but I have been struggling with this for about 2 months now and cant compile without lots of different errors. As soon as I solve one another one appears :( My HDD failing last night that didn't help either. If only there was a step by step guide for dummies on how to modify a Lollipop kernel and compile it all on Ubuntu using $make menuconfig aimed for newbies to Linux like myself ;) *ahem* - queue the drum roll and enter the hero of the day with a magic link...

Good luck!



I bought the USB audio adapter from Hardkernel, but I thought that I didn't need an amplifier if I\ll get the audio signal from the HDMI cable. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your suggestion about the radio. I can try to build the kernel for you. Maybe I can solve the problems.
lung1
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:44 am
languages_spoken: english, romanian
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby jlperez » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:48 pm

jlperez wrote:Sorry i dont know if its solved but my compilation fails due to:

Code: Select all
OMXCodec.cpp:124:30: fatal error: ExynosHWCService.h: No such file or directory
#include "ExynosHWCService.h"


Any idea?


I downloaded repo again and installed some packages and now i can compile successfully.

i installed my lost packages with command:
Code: Select all
apt-get install ccache automake lzop gperf build-essential zip curl zlib1g-dev zlib1g-dev:i386 g++-multilib python-networkx libxml2-utils bzip2 libbz2-dev libbz2-1.0 libghc-bzlib-dev squashfs-tools pngcrush schedtool dpkg-dev liblz4-tool make optipng
jlperez
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:35 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby jlperez » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Now i can compile but i get an update.zip with

· zImage-dtb
· system.img
· userdata.img
· cache.img

But it doesn't works when I restart with my generated update.zip decompresed and installed with odroid utility. I compiled using drivers for Mali T6xx (in XU4) and usb drivers for touchscreen IRTOUCHSYSTEMS with pid:vid 6615:0001 wich are included now under usbtouchdriver.c following these steps I do:

· cd kernel/hardkernel/odroidxu3/
· make menuconfig
· load arch/arm/configs/odroidxu3_defconfig
· Go to 'Device Drivers' -> 'Input device support' ->'Touchscreens' -> 'USB Touchscreen Driver' and change to '*'
· Go to 'Device Drivers' -> 'Input device support' ->'Touchscreens' -> 'USB Touchscreen Driver' -> 'IRTOUCHSYSTEMS/UNITOP device support' and change to '*'
· Go to 'Device Drivers' -> 'Graphics support' ->'ARM GPU Configuration' -> 'Mali-T6XX support' and change to '*'
· Save config to arch/arm/configs/odroidxu3_defconfig
· make mrproper
· cd to repository root
· make clean
· build.sh odroidxu3

What im doing wrong?
jlperez
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:35 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby voodik » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:24 am

Code: Select all
· Go to 'Device Drivers' -> 'Graphics support' ->'ARM GPU Configuration' -> 'Mali-T6XX support' and change to '*'

For what this ?
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby Eamonn » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:36 am

Hi lung1

Thanks for the offer, but I'll try it again and if I fail again I'll let you know. I'm waiting for the repo sync at the moment. As a hardware engineer, software isn't my strongest area...
As for the amplifier I should have clarified: If you are leaving your stock radio in your car, then you can just plug the Hardkernel USB adaptor O/P to the Aux input on the car stereo unit. It will work perfectly fine that way as it uses the amplifier built in to the car stereo (which is normally weak but functional on default systems). I am pulling my stock double din radio out of my Kia Sorento and mounting my creation in the dash. So while you might not need an amplifier I will certainly need an amplifier as the USB adaptor (and even the HDMI splitter) will only give you a few mW of audio power in total (about 0.080W max I am guessing) . Car speakers require at least 20W each for the low end versions. So for a decent sound quality I'm including a 1000W amplifier and replacing the speakers.
Eamonn
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:47 am
Location: Ireland
languages_spoken: English, Dutch, German, Russian
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby lung1 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:20 am

Eamonn wrote:Hi lung1

Thanks for the offer, but I'll try it again and if I fail again I'll let you know. I'm waiting for the repo sync at the moment. As a hardware engineer, software isn't my strongest area...
As for the amplifier I should have clarified: If you are leaving your stock radio in your car, then you can just plug the Hardkernel USB adaptor O/P to the Aux input on the car stereo unit. It will work perfectly fine that way as it uses the amplifier built in to the car stereo (which is normally weak but functional on default systems). I am pulling my stock double din radio out of my Kia Sorento and mounting my creation in the dash. So while you might not need an amplifier I will certainly need an amplifier as the USB adaptor (and even the HDMI splitter) will only give you a few mW of audio power in total (about 0.080W max I am guessing) . Car speakers require at least 20W each for the low end versions. So for a decent sound quality I'm including a 1000W amplifier and replacing the speakers.



Thanks for the info on the amplifier I didn't know that it is needed so much power. I will remover the stock radio, in it's place I will instalate my "creation", "my precious". :))
Is this a good amplifier for the 4 stock speakers?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/12v-2A-C ... 13227.html
lung1
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:44 am
languages_spoken: english, romanian
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby jlperez » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:59 pm

voodik wrote:
Code: Select all
· Go to 'Device Drivers' -> 'Graphics support' ->'ARM GPU Configuration' -> 'Mali-T6XX support' and change to '*'

For what this ?


Thank you so much... now it works... now i cant put home screen in portrait.
jlperez
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:35 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ux4

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:02 am

Hello jlperez

reloading the sources solves the :

"OMXCodec.cpp:124:30: fatal error: ExynosHWCService.h: No such file or directory"

problem regardless of the installations

the source has probably been updated

now it all works fine :-)
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:25 pm

pm install problem

when I push an application and try installing VIA pm install command I get the following error :

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_URI]


has anyone encountered this error ? if so how was it solved ?

thank you
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby voodik » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:50 am

myworktask wrote:pm install problem

when I push an application and try installing VIA pm install command I get the following error :

Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_URI]


has anyone encountered this error ? if so how was it solved ?

thank you

try
Code: Select all
chmod -R 777 /data/local
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby 0ryn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:09 am

Android 6 anyone? Looks like its in the CM build tree :)
0ryn
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:09 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, U3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby 0ryn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 am

I am unable to build :(
build/core/base_rules.mk:154: *** system/extras/librank: MODULE.TARGET.EXECUTABLES.librank already defined by extras/librank. Stop.

Any ideas?
0ryn
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:09 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, U3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:15 pm

Thank you voodik , works like a charm!

btw , if anyone wants to enable this by default (will implicate on security of course) it can be done via :


system/core/include/private/android_filesystem_config.h

that is for anyone who builds from source of course
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby meetcon » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:38 pm

We are trying to connect a Logitech camera to an ODROID XU4, but we get very bad performace and maybe 1-2 frames every 2 or 3 seconds.

Tried multiple cameras from logitech and a USB 3.0 camera from Minrray.

Is there also any way to get a camera working in a application? The application we are using is VidyoMobile which is a app for videoconferencing.

Any help would be much appreciated.
meetcon
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:21 pm
languages_spoken: english

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello Voodik

I am also joining to the question

which USB camera module do you use?

which application do you use and where can it be download

thank you
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby myworktask » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Hello meetcon , and everyone who struggled with the camera

It's curretlly working for me , taking video and pictures (all ok but preview of pictures)

with the following :

application : http://www.apk4fun.com/apk/17659/ (open camera)

device : Logitec Webcam C170

application needs to be set to 640x480 resolution
myworktask
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3 , XU

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby STDiLan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Greetings to all! Voodik, thank you very much for CM12 !!! It's a great job! :)
I had a problem with HDMI HDCP protection :( This feature is not disabled in the "Developer options", that prevents recognition of the display.
The display used in the project and does not support HDCP encryption( Is there any other way to disable the HDCP?

P.S. Sorry for my English... I and GOOGLE)
STDiLan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:21 am
languages_spoken: english

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby odroid » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Can you try our latest HK's image which has disabled the HDCP function?
If it works, Voodik will merge the changes later.
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 22370
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby STDiLan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh, thank you for responding! Yes, in the last HK's image (Android 4.4.4 (v3.1)) and Android 4.4.4 (v2.8) display is normal) HDCP desabled)
It would be great if Voodik add to the CM
STDiLan
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:21 am
languages_spoken: english

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby antonio.dellefemine » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Thank you very much for your work on CM.
Does CM-12.1 have support for the Bluetooth Low Energy?
If not, what effort is needed to complete android bluetooth 4.0 HAL?
We could contribute.
antonio.dellefemine
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:56 pm
languages_spoken: english, italian
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4, Odroid XU1

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby dutchmaster18 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:33 am

Has anyone sure fully compiled the kernel with he driver for chalk elec touchscreen. If so I would gladly pay for a copy of it for my Carpc build.
dutchmaster18
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am
languages_spoken: english

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby 0ryn » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:45 am

dutchmaster18: It already works, you just need to flash the multi touch firmware on your chalk-elec screen.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=16925
0ryn
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:09 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, U3

Re: CM-12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for ODROID-XU3/XU4 (20150

Unread postby voodik » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:03 pm

STDiLan wrote:Oh, thank you for responding! Yes, in the last HK's image (Android 4.4.4 (v3.1)) and Android 4.4.4 (v2.8) display is normal) HDCP desabled)
It would be great if Voodik add to the CM

It already added to my new test build
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=16820
You can always buy me a beer Here ;)
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 987
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

PreviousNext

Return to Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests