Issues with Lineage OS and GPS

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Issues with Lineage OS and GPS

Unread postby TwisteR » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi! Thank you for taking time to read this. :D

So, I've been working on a personal project of mine which is an Android app able to read from the GPS module connected to my ODROID XU4.
The GPS module was purchased from the ODROID official store, so it should be compatible with the ODROID.
The app should be able to listen for GPS signals and send them via network.. I am using the well known Android SDK for this and can confirm my app does receive data from the GPS module.

The issue, however is.. sometimes this module loses the signal, which is totally OK for me, it does re-acquire it (I can see it in /dev/ttyGPS0 - GEOMC and other values are correct), but.. from that point, my ODROID is just blind to these changes. No matter what I do (except reboot - not acceptable), it does not help. I even tried turning locations off and then back on from the settings (which is also not acceptable), but same thing.

My OS is Lineage OS 14.1.

To be clear, it is not about the code I've written, I checked some other apps like "My GPS location".. and it says "Waiting for signal..."

So, does anyone know what is going on here?

EDIT:

After an hour and half it reacted to the signal. I would still like to know how to improve this. Thanks!
TwisteR

languages_spoken: english, serbian
ODROIDs: XU4

Return to Android