LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby techknight » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:45 am

Bug: All mounted storage is not browsable/shows empty with anything except for the built in file manager.

Bug #2: When using a mouse/scrollwheel to scroll through a list of items, when you try and click it jumps back to the top and the highlight is in the middle of 2 things instead of the way its supposed to be.

Bug #3: When using a mouse and pressing a switch control, I have to click off to the side, not directly on it or it wont fire.
techknight
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:39 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Vogel » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:47 am

techknight wrote:Bug: All mounted storage is not browsable/shows empty with anything except for the built in file manager.

Confirm. Bug appeared on sd-card installation after update. Initial relase don't have this problem - usb stick worked like a charm.

techknight wrote:Bug #3: When using a mouse and pressing a switch control, I have to click off to the side, not directly on it or it wont fire.

Confirm. Using mouse I have to click at almost or below lower left corner of control or click not registered.

Anbyway Voodik, thank you for great release - my USB DAC works without replugging. And only thing I miss in Nougat is ability to customize buttons look and feel
Vogel
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:59 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Vogel wrote:
techknight wrote:Bug: All mounted storage is not browsable/shows empty with anything except for the built in file manager.

Confirm. Bug appeared on sd-card installation after update. Initial relase don't have this problem - usb stick worked like a charm.

techknight wrote:Bug #3: When using a mouse and pressing a switch control, I have to click off to the side, not directly on it or it wont fire.

Confirm. Using mouse I have to click at almost or below lower left corner of control or click not registered.

Anbyway Voodik, thank you for great release - my USB DAC works without replugging. And only thing I miss in Nougat is ability to customize buttons look and feel


Temporally fix for first issue
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=30542&p=219709#p219709

Thanks for reporting.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby ebi718 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:22 pm

juanitomaille wrote:Nice job !!

just installed. SD to eMMC img then just copy old config.ini
-> Reboot. It's works !!

Just a problem with my cheap wifi adapter with chip Ralink RT5370 (148F:5370). don't know why : wifi enabled but searching networks without finding one and without ending.
the "spec device" app says that my dongle is RALINK RT2870 and try to launch cp210x driver ??!?

7inch waveshare LCD touchscreen OK.
GPS module OK
cheap BT module OK
internet by RJ45 OK
sound card OK.
Some problem with usb cam app but there was an update of this specific app after install so....can't compare maybe, it's the app.

I am trying to get my USB GPS to work. Are you using the Odroid USB version? And if so, what are the parameters in your build.prop? I connected mine to a USB hub - it shows up with lsusb as a /dev/ttyUSBxxx device but does pick up any satellites with the GPS Test app. What am I missing?
ebi718
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am
Location: NYC
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2,XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:12 am

I had same problem with lineage 14.1, I posted in viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23911&p=209974&hilit=Gps+module#p209974
And Voodik add my GPS to the list of supported GPS modules.

What is your vendor id?
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby ebi718 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:11 am

juanitomaille wrote:I had same problem with lineage 14.1, I posted in viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23911&p=209974&hilit=Gps+module#p209974
And Voodik add my GPS to the list of supported GPS modules.

What is your vendor id?


Thanks for the follow up. Vendor ID is 1546. Interestingly enough, I did a fresh re-install (sd_eMMC) late yesterday, rebooted and the GPS started working, weird!.
ebi718
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am
Location: NYC
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2,XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:16 pm

01a7 or 01a8 or another one?
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby ebi718 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:24 am

Product ID is 01a7.
ebi718
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am
Location: NYC
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2,XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby MrKai » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:31 am

Hi! I am trying to download this and cannot get a route to mdjr.net? Are there any mirrors, perhaps?

Thanks!
MrKai
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:28 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby odroid » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:33 am

The server is down at this moment. We are trying to fix it now.

Edit: The server is working.
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
 
Posts: 29098
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby TieMichael » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi,
I just started experimenting with my XU4, and I have installed LinageOS-15.1 with the most recent upgrade.
In general everything is working, besides some issues with Ethernet

1) I am unable to assign a static IP-address. it seems it switches off the Ethernet connection, the moment I click to Static. ( I do not use 192.168.x.y-range but something like 10.10.x.y which in general should be ok)

2) when using DHCP, the download-speed is fluctuating between 5 and 200 Mbps within seconds, which is strange, and upload-tests usually don't start due to a 'socket Error'.
Google Playstore displays mostly 'Download pending' until I reboot.
When using a Terminal-Application and do a 'ifconfig', also a 'Socket Error' is displayed

WiFi seems working ok, but is slow as the router is in a different room ...

(I am using SD-Cards, with at least 3 showing the same behavior.

Any idea what I can change?
TieMichael
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:47 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 am

TieMichael wrote:Hi,
I just started experimenting with my XU4, and I have installed LinageOS-15.1 with the most recent upgrade.
In general everything is working, besides some issues with Ethernet

1) I am unable to assign a static IP-address. it seems it switches off the Ethernet connection, the moment I click to Static. ( I do not use 192.168.x.y-range but something like 10.10.x.y which in general should be ok)

2) when using DHCP, the download-speed is fluctuating between 5 and 200 Mbps within seconds, which is strange, and upload-tests usually don't start due to a 'socket Error'.
Google Playstore displays mostly 'Download pending' until I reboot.
When using a Terminal-Application and do a 'ifconfig', also a 'Socket Error' is displayed

WiFi seems working ok, but is slow as the router is in a different room ...

(I am using SD-Cards, with at least 3 showing the same behavior.

Any idea what I can change?

Hi,
1) i will check static IP settings.
2) Play store issue described in first post, pleas read it. You need root access to use ifconfig command, you can enable it from Developer Options. then enter su on terminal app and allow root access.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby TieMichael » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 am

Thank you for the quick reply!
I used ifconfig as a superuser, and still have this 'Socket error' - will check tonight!
TieMichael
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:47 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:52 pm

TieMichael wrote:Thank you for the quick reply!
I used ifconfig as a superuser, and still have this 'Socket error' - will check tonight!

Just checked, everything works as expected.
Please double check root settings.
you can use whoami command in terminal to determine root permission is granted or no.
Also i don't think DHCP is root cause of network speed jumps, probably sd-card low write rates can be cause of download speed instability.

Regards
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby TieMichael » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Ok, one step further:
ifconfig is working! not sure what I did wrong yesterday.
With a static IP-address, ifconfig shows the assigned address (10.10.x.y.) - but there is no ethernet connection. (also the '<->'-on the status-line disappears)
Surprisingly a ping to the router, and other LAN-devices works, but not to any external IP
Also the router 'sees' the Ordoid with the IP-address assigned.

With DHCP-mode: ifconfig displays an IP-address of 192.168.1.112 - with web-pages loading partly (maybe IPV6 is working but not IPV4) - no idea ....

Is there any file which holds the initial ethernet network configuration? Maybe I can change the default gateway from 196.168.1.1 to something like 10.10.x.1
TieMichael
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:47 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby TieMichael » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 pm

No idea what's wrong with my Ethernet connection!
If I use DHCP: 'ip route' tells me: '192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.1.112' --> but my router is configured for the 10.10.x.y-range! Some addresses can be reached, some cannot
If I use STATC: 'ip route' tells me: '10.10.9.0/24 dev eth0 proto kernel scope link src 10.10.9.162' --> this is what I used in Odroid Utility! LAN addresses can be reached, WAN cannot

I tried different router-ports, 2 different routers ...
Maybe it's my HW

UPDATE: Changed to LinageOS-14.1: everything is working fine! :D :D :D
TieMichael
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:47 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby michstress » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:14 pm

voodik wrote:
michstress wrote:@voodik

thanx for your efforts of getting orio to xu4! It is working fine on my xu4.

I tried to update it to the alpha 2 via odroid update, but afterward it is now in cyclic reset (reinstalled alpha 1 to sdcard 3 times and tried again to update coming to the same result):
...
[ 0.000000] [c0] Kernel command line: root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext4 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=512M androidboot.hardware=odroidxu3 androidboot.selinux=permissive fb_x_res=1280 fb_y_res=720 vout=hdmi led_blink=1 hdmi_phy_res=720p60hz edid=0, hpd=1 disable_vu7=false touch_invert_x=false touch_invert_y=false
...
[ 13.802151] [c6] init: init first stage started!
[ 13.806288] [c6] init: Using Android DT directory /proc/device-tree/firmware/android/
[ 13.813296] [c6] init: First stage mount skipped (missing/incompatible fstab in device tree)
[ 13.821565] [c6] init: Skipped setting INIT_AVB_VERSION (not in recovery mode)
[ 13.828811] [c6] init: Loading SELinux policy
[ 13.840509] [c6] SELinux: policydb magic number 0x0 does not match expected magic number 0xf97cff8c
[ 13.848266] [c6] selinux: SELinux: Could not load policy: Invalid argument
[ 13.848266]
[ 13.856764] [c6] init: Failed to load monolithic SELinux policy: Invalid argument
[ 13.864161] [c6] init: panic: rebooting to bootloadersn't come up anymore (verified to same result 3 times, after restoring to alpha1)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Sorry can't reproduce this issue.
Can you post selfinstall and first boot full logs? (upload them to pastebin.com and post links here)
Thanks.


@voodik
Thanks for checking! I broke my SD-card (physically... go figure), bought a new one, which caused multiple troubles until I now tried reproducing it with again another sd card. It now works as expected, so I guess it was a faulty SD-card in the first place. It now works with a 32GB card, previously it has been a 8GB card, are there any size restrictions maybe I am not aware off? Anyhow thanks for checking and sorry for the big delay in answer, but vacations and hardware trouble prevented me looking into it sooner.
michstress
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: xu4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:07 am

@michstress

Thanks for reporting.
Some slow SD-card issues will be fixed in next version.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby cy1clown » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:13 am

I am having problems installing the Netflix apk on this image. I have it downloaded but when I go to the file manager and try double clicking it nothing happens.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Jon
cy1clown
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:38 am
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: U3
XU4
C2

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby cy1clown » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:21 am

I got the netflix apk to install by downloading it using my laptop, transfer to sd card, put card into XU4 and used file app to install.
It works fine now. Not sure what is causing this issue. Seems to me it might be in the new way android oreo deals with third party apps?

Thanks
Jon
cy1clown
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:38 am
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: U3
XU4
C2

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby nethawk » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi,

I have succesfully installed the sd2emmc image, but when I try to update it to the latest version, after the reboot it never comes up again.

I've been doing this with Android 7 without issue.

Is there any trick? I'm using 8gb eMMC.

I've tried just with Update uboot selected and with all the check boxes.

Thanks,
nethawk
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:03 pm
languages_spoken: english

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 am

Quick bug report :

Enable "Disable Wifi power Saving" crashes Odroid Utility.

Fresh install
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 am

juanitomaille wrote:Quick bug report :

Enable "Disable Wifi power Saving" crashes Odroid Utility.

Fresh install

Thanks, i will check that.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby michstress » Thu May 17, 2018 7:03 pm

voodik wrote:Kernel Source available :ugeek:
Code: Select all
git clone https://github.com/voodik/android_kernel_hardkernel_odroidxu3_beta.git -b lineage-15.1_5422


Hi Voodik,

I would like to play a bit with modules and init.rc stuff on my odroidxu4 LineageOS-15.1 (15.1-20180226-UNOFFICIAL-VooDiK-odroidxu3)
I think I will need the AOSP and the kernel sources for that, so far I tried:

AOSP:
odroidxu4, as I've understood it, is not maintained directly by LineageOS, so I can't use sources from here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android
On your github account I can only find branch cm-14.1_5422
=> I think this is not the branch I need

Kernel:
When I build a module with the kernel source I found here: "git clone https://github.com/voodik/android_kerne ... 3_beta.git -b lineage-15.1_5422"
On the device upon loading a self build module I get the following error: version magic '3.10.9-g53f9f41 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8 ' should be '3.10.9-g64f9dcd-dirty SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8
=> So I guess I don't have the right kernel

Do you plan on making these things available? Or maybe give me hint if they are available already how to get them :)
Thanx for your efforts for the Odroid board, really enjoy using it.

Regards Martin
michstress
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: xu4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 pm

michstress wrote:
voodik wrote:Kernel Source available :ugeek:
Code: Select all
git clone https://github.com/voodik/android_kernel_hardkernel_odroidxu3_beta.git -b lineage-15.1_5422


Hi Voodik,

I would like to play a bit with modules and init.rc stuff on my odroidxu4 LineageOS-15.1 (15.1-20180226-UNOFFICIAL-VooDiK-odroidxu3)
I think I will need the AOSP and the kernel sources for that, so far I tried:

AOSP:
odroidxu4, as I've understood it, is not maintained directly by LineageOS, so I can't use sources from here: https://github.com/LineageOS/android
On your github account I can only find branch cm-14.1_5422
=> I think this is not the branch I need

Kernel:
When I build a module with the kernel source I found here: "git clone https://github.com/voodik/android_kerne ... 3_beta.git -b lineage-15.1_5422"
On the device upon loading a self build module I get the following error: version magic '3.10.9-g53f9f41 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8 ' should be '3.10.9-g64f9dcd-dirty SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8
=> So I guess I don't have the right kernel

Do you plan on making these things available? Or maybe give me hint if they are available already how to get them :)
Thanx for your efforts for the Odroid board, really enjoy using it.

Regards Martin


Android source does not available at this moment.
About kernel, you need replace all kernel modules in /system/vendor/lib/modules/ directory.
Also you need to flash new kernel.
Code: Select all
<kernel source root dir>/arch/arm/boot/zImage-dtb


Check this article to find out boot.ini commands to flash kernel without USB-UART kit.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/soft ... ng_android
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby lexbian » Sat May 19, 2018 5:13 am

Flashed this over this morning pretty successfully, aside from two issues i noticed. Hopefully someone can help me out with those...

1) Cannot download things from some websites (http://www[dot]retrox[dot]tv/download/) due to no sd card. This wasnt an issue in 14.1.
2) Cannot long press to move icons on the desktop.

Any ideas?
lexbian
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 10:36 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1, XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Luigi_Garc » Thu May 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem, trying to compile the source code and update the original Android 8.1 via the update app, but it get stuck on the initial animation.

voodik wrote:
michstress wrote:@voodik

thanx for your efforts of getting orio to xu4! It is working fine on my xu4.

I tried to update it to the alpha 2 via odroid update, but afterward it is now in cyclic reset (reinstalled alpha 1 to sdcard 3 times and tried again to update coming to the same result):
...
[ 0.000000] [c0] Kernel command line: root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext4 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=512M androidboot.hardware=odroidxu3 androidboot.selinux=permissive fb_x_res=1280 fb_y_res=720 vout=hdmi led_blink=1 hdmi_phy_res=720p60hz edid=0, hpd=1 disable_vu7=false touch_invert_x=false touch_invert_y=false
...
[ 13.802151] [c6] init: init first stage started!
[ 13.806288] [c6] init: Using Android DT directory /proc/device-tree/firmware/android/
[ 13.813296] [c6] init: First stage mount skipped (missing/incompatible fstab in device tree)
[ 13.821565] [c6] init: Skipped setting INIT_AVB_VERSION (not in recovery mode)
[ 13.828811] [c6] init: Loading SELinux policy
[ 13.840509] [c6] SELinux: policydb magic number 0x0 does not match expected magic number 0xf97cff8c
[ 13.848266] [c6] selinux: SELinux: Could not load policy: Invalid argument
[ 13.848266]
[ 13.856764] [c6] init: Failed to load monolithic SELinux policy: Invalid argument
[ 13.864161] [c6] init: panic: rebooting to bootloadersn't come up anymore (verified to same result 3 times, after restoring to alpha1)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Sorry can't reproduce this issue.
Can you post selfinstall and first boot full logs? (upload them to pastebin.com and post links here)
Thanks.
Luigi_Garc
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:10 pm
languages_spoken: english, german, spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 pm

lexbian wrote:Flashed this over this morning pretty successfully, aside from two issues i noticed. Hopefully someone can help me out with those...

1) Cannot download things from some websites (http://www[dot]retrox[dot]tv/download/) due to no sd card. This wasnt an issue in 14.1.
2) Cannot long press to move icons on the desktop.

Any ideas?


1) I think it's a known issue : bug with R/W rights. See first page to confirm that. WOODIK said he will resolve that, so we have to be patient.

2) can't help, I use alternate launcher for car.
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Wed May 30, 2018 4:43 pm

I'am continuing with quick bug report.
Always in Odroid utility, changing bluetooth Y or N makes boot loop.
I don't remenber if it's bluetooth or bluetooth sink option.
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby lexbian » Thu May 31, 2018 1:39 am

I've tried using a different launcher. Nova prime to be exact. The no long press is an issue that seems to persist regardless of which launcher I'm using.
lexbian
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 10:36 pm
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: C1, XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby oscar » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi Voodik,what time Android 8.1 source will available?
oscar
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:06 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID XU

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby hokoon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:53 pm

ATV Please 8-)
hokoon
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:55 pm
languages_spoken: ไทย
ODROIDs: U2, XU, U3, C-1

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby aberrio » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi,

Are you planning to port it for C2 devices?

Regards,
aberrio
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:50 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4,HC2

No video through HDMI

Unread postby fender90 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:55 am

Hey guys!

I've got a couple of these HDMI 2 cables.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY ... UTF8&psc=1

The item description states that it is compatible with HDMI 1.4 and 1.3 devices.
If I remember correctly Odroid XU4 has HDMI 1.4 but I am not getting video signal using this cable.
One of my screens doesn't react to the connected cable and display the vast darkness of universe while the other flickers constantly.
Just to mention that when I connect both displays to a Windows laptop using the mentioned cable they work perfectly fine.
Is it possible that I need to configure something in boot.ini or something else?


Thanks.
User avatar
fender90
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:43 pm
languages_spoken: english, armenian, russian
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Can you test with other HDMI cable ?

If yes, boot with it and after boot try to change cable (hotplug)

I had a problem with cheap HDMI cable extension resolved by this. Don't know why...
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby fender90 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:21 am

juanitomaille wrote:Can you test with other HDMI cable ?

If yes, boot with it and after boot try to change cable (hotplug)

I had a problem with cheap HDMI cable extension resolved by this. Don't know why...



Well I have tried another HDMI and it worked. It's funny that it doesn't work with this HDMI cable which works perfectly even when connecting a PC to display or a Raspberry Pi3 to a display. XU4 is the only device that has problem with this cable
User avatar
fender90
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:43 pm
languages_spoken: english, armenian, russian
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby wezkran » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Hello,
I just received my XU4 and I'm trying to get this image to work. I'm using a Samsung 64GB EVO Plus Class 10 Micro SDXC card with this image:
https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROI ... 26.img.zip

I'm using the SD card reader built in to my System 76 laptop, as well as an inca USB3 reader with my MBP. I used Etcher with both setups.

I have tried writing the image several times from either system and I can never seem to get it to work. It chills with the blue light on for a couple of minutes, and then it goes to two blinks after that. It seems like it restarts over and over (the fan will blip), but I never get anything on the screen. I've tried unplugging after a few restart cycles and plugging in again, and it still doesn't seem to help. When I check the microsd card on either laptop after it hangs out in the XU4 for a while, it has several partitions and one of them looks like it has an OS on it.

I am able to get the Android 4.4.2 image running with the same setup (although I haven't been able to get the GApps installer to work).

Is there anything I can check to see what's going on? Am I going to have to buy one of the eMMC modules?

Please help!
wezkran
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Check your power adapter, UX4 need more energy than all the other SBC I've tested. 4A is minimum and I bought the odroid one because I didn't find this power supply at home.
All my problems with my project come from energy. for UX4, for USB devices, Etc.

and... Did you put the slider on microSD ? ;-p
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby wezkran » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:27 pm

juanitomaille wrote:Check your power adapter, UX4 need more energy than all the other SBC I've tested. 4A is minimum and I bought the odroid one because I didn't find this power supply at home.
All my problems with my project come from energy. for UX4, for USB devices, Etc.

and... Did you put the slider on microSD ? ;-p


Yes, the slider has been on microSD the whole time.

I have been using this power adapter, which is supposed to be 4A:
https://odroidinc.com/collections/odroi ... ly-us-plug
wezkran
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby wezkran » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:25 am

Anyone have any ideas? I don't necessarily need a solution, just a way to debug this thing. Are there logs output somewhere that I can check?
wezkran
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:25 am

Have you tried to install official Android os from hardkernel ?
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby wezkran » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:08 am

juanitomaille wrote:Have you tried to install official Android os from hardkernel ?


Oh yeah, sorry, that is what I meant in my first post. I was able to get the official Android 4.4.2 hardkernel image to work on the same microSD card.
wezkran
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 am

Oh. IT's me Who can be sorry, I didn't remember what you firstly said.
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby maple121 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:36 am

I think this boot failure problem is related with the bootloader version.
I tested several things related with this issue.

1. with under 16GB SD card, there was no boot failure with LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 image.
2. with Hardkernel's official Android (4.4.4), there was no problem even with 128GB SD card.

When I met the boot failure, I checked the SD card's partition table and found the partition was not matched with the general partition table of the SD Card that was successfully booted.

I tried with the pre-partitioned SD Card with commenting out the partition command on the boot.ini, but sorry I forgot the result...
(it was quite a long before....) I think I succeeded...

Now I'm using only with the under 16GB SD Card, and met no problem.
(THis is the one of the good reason why I did not tested further...I felt comfortable with 16GB, and no need larget SD card now.)
maple121
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2
Odroid-XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:22 pm

@maple121
No this issue does not depend bootloader version.
We are using same bootloader in kitkat, nougat and oreo.
This is only watchdog late start issue and will be fixed in new version.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:19 am

Update!

I started uploading new Oreo build.
People who have SD card installation issues please try to install with new selfinstall images.
For Google apps please read this.
https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/
Also after you register your Android framework ID, please wait some time (30-60 minutes) then reboot Odroid and try to add Google Account.

Also people who wants to test Oreo ATV image please install this version and add google Account.
Because ATV Google apps also have a Sign-in issues will be prefer Update from this version without wipe.
ATV images will be uploaded tomorrow.

Regards
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby juanitomaille » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:52 am

Great ! Good job ! Thks.
juanitomaille
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 am
languages_spoken: english, french
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby maple121 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks Voodik,

it works great!
I tested the new selfinstall version on 32GB microSD card and there was no booting problem.
I'll test it with 128GB later.

Anyway, after booting up with this selfinstall version, the latest update has to be updated.
Without this update, I met some of APPs did not worked well.
maple121
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:27 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-C2
Odroid-XU4

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby njninja2018 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:41 pm

Hello,

I have an XU4. I installed to SD card, then to emmc and everything went OK.

Question:
I have a USB EMMC flasher, do you only make SD card images for lineage OS or do you have an EMMC image that I can just burn to EMMC?

Question 2:
I'd like to use Google play store. I created an account to register with google, but it is asking me for the Google Play Service Android device ID. There is an App called Device ID that should get me this information, but I can't install it. When I download the .apk and try to run it Android says "Can't open file." How do I solve this?
njninja2018
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:37 pm
languages_spoken: english

Re: LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:00 am

njninja2018 wrote:Hello,

I have an XU4. I installed to SD card, then to emmc and everything went OK.

Question:
I have a USB EMMC flasher, do you only make SD card images for lineage OS or do you have an EMMC image that I can just burn to EMMC?

Question 2:
I'd like to use Google play store. I created an account to register with google, but it is asking me for the Google Play Service Android device ID. There is an App called Device ID that should get me this information, but I can't install it. When I download the .apk and try to run it Android says "Can't open file." How do I solve this?


Hi,

1) No, because we can't update Bootloaders on eMMC directly. Only sd2emmc installer can do it.
2) Please refer this instruction how to setup adb over network
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/trou ... android_7x
After that follow Google's instructions how to obtain "Google Framework Services Android ID"
https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/

p.s.
Device ID app returning "Google Framework Services Android ID" in HEX format but Google requiring it in Decimal.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

PreviousNext

Return to Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests