LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post Reply
User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34586
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 704 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by odroid » Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am

I think voodik will release v0.5 soon which fixes some problems including the right-click issue.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 pm

sub263 wrote:
sub263 wrote:
voodik wrote:
sub263 wrote:
voodik wrote:New images are ready!
http://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROID ... _03.05.17/

To avoid Gapps crash issues Please select Forma userdata when you updating first time after Selfinstall.
Voodik,
I am using the last build 7.1.1 and installed few apps and set it up as htpc. Is there way to update without doing format userdata/factory reset?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
if you are using alpha-0.3 you can just update via odroid updater without wiping data.
Voodik in last build the mouse right click was mapped to back now in this build mouse right click is mapped to pc right click like event. Is there way I can modify right clic to back action


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Voodik in last build the mouse right click was mapped to back.Now in this build mouse right click is mapped to pc like right click like event. Is there way I can modify right click to "back"action

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Just add to /system/build.prop

Code: Select all

mouse.right.click=back

sub263
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID U3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by sub263 » Thu May 25, 2017 10:17 pm

voodik wrote:
sub263 wrote:
sub263 wrote:
voodik wrote:
sub263 wrote:
voodik wrote:New images are ready!
http://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROID ... _03.05.17/

To avoid Gapps crash issues Please select Forma userdata when you updating first time after Selfinstall.
Voodik,
I am using the last build 7.1.1 and installed few apps and set it up as htpc. Is there way to update without doing format userdata/factory reset?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
if you are using alpha-0.3 you can just update via odroid updater without wiping data.
Voodik in last build the mouse right click was mapped to back now in this build mouse right click is mapped to pc right click like event. Is there way I can modify right clic to back action


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Voodik in last build the mouse right click was mapped to back.Now in this build mouse right click is mapped to pc like right click like event. Is there way I can modify right click to "back"action

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Just add to /system/build.prop

Code: Select all

mouse.right.click=back
Thanks voodik. This works

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Newbie69
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Newbie69 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:30 am

Hi i installed the 14.1-alpha-0.4-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu3-2017-05-03 on my Xu4 and also the update, my ethernet works but I can't figure out how to enable the wifi. The wifi dongle I use is a edimax 7811 (id 7392:a812). I have changed the wlan.modname=8192cu to wlan.modname=8812au in build.prop but nothing happened.
When using the command lsmod it shows 8812au in the list.
I hope someone can help me to figure out how to activate and enable my wifi.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Mon May 29, 2017 4:57 pm

Newbie69 wrote:Hi i installed the 14.1-alpha-0.4-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu3-2017-05-03 on my Xu4 and also the update, my ethernet works but I can't figure out how to enable the wifi. The wifi dongle I use is a edimax 7811 (id 7392:a812). I have changed the wlan.modname=8192cu to wlan.modname=8812au in build.prop but nothing happened.
When using the command lsmod it shows 8812au in the list.
I hope someone can help me to figure out how to activate and enable my wifi.
Hin
I added this VID/PID to 8812au driver, so please wait new release.
Thank you.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Tue May 30, 2017 7:44 am

Newbie69 wrote:Hi i installed the 14.1-alpha-0.4-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu3-2017-05-03 on my Xu4 and also the update, my ethernet works but I can't figure out how to enable the wifi. The wifi dongle I use is a edimax 7811 (id 7392:a812). I have changed the wlan.modname=8192cu to wlan.modname=8812au in build.prop but nothing happened.
When using the command lsmod it shows 8812au in the list.
I hope someone can help me to figure out how to activate and enable my wifi.
Can you check your WIFI dongle with latest non ATV version ?
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23911&p=191715#p191715
Please confirm is it work and i will add it to next ATV build.
Thanks

Newbie69
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Newbie69 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:59 pm

voodik wrote: Can you check your WIFI dongle with latest non ATV version ?
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23911&p=191715#p191715
Please confirm is it work and i will add it to next ATV build.
Thanks
Ok I will check this today and get back to you if it works or not.

Newbie69
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Newbie69 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:51 pm

Does anyone know what to set the parameters in boot.ini to, if connecting to a vga adapter. The tv I am trying to connect to have a standard resolution off WXGA 1280 x 768 60 Hz. Do i have to add more set ups in the boot.ini?

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34586
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 704 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by odroid » Tue May 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Try below parameters in boot.ini file

Code: Select all

setenv fb_x_res "1280"
setenv fb_y_res "768"
setenv hdmi_phy_res "768p60hz"

Newbie69
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Newbie69 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:00 pm

odroid wrote:Try below parameters in boot.ini file

Code: Select all

setenv fb_x_res "1280"
setenv fb_y_res "768"
setenv hdmi_phy_res "768p60hz"
Thanks for replying so fast.
I have already tried that setup, did not work. Tv didn't sense any signal.

Newbie69
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Newbie69 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:19 pm

Newbie69 wrote:
voodik wrote: Can you check your WIFI dongle with latest non ATV version ?
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23911&p=191715#p191715
Please confirm is it work and i will add it to next ATV build.
Thanks
Ok I will check this today and get back to you if it works or not.
The new vid/pid that you added to 8812au works, I plugged it in and the led light started blinking. 5ghz and 2,4ghz works.
Great job. How soon will the atv version have this?

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34586
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 704 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by odroid » Tue May 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Newbie69 wrote:
odroid wrote:Try below parameters in boot.ini file

Code: Select all

setenv fb_x_res "1280"
setenv fb_y_res "768"
setenv hdmi_phy_res "768p60hz"
Thanks for replying so fast.
I have already tried that setup, did not work. Tv didn't sense any signal.
Try 1280x720 (720p) mode.
If it doesn't work, your HDMI-to-VGA converter might not be compatible with XU4.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Tue May 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Newbie69 wrote:
Newbie69 wrote:
voodik wrote: Can you check your WIFI dongle with latest non ATV version ?
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=23911&p=191715#p191715
Please confirm is it work and i will add it to next ATV build.
Thanks
Ok I will check this today and get back to you if it works or not.
The new vid/pid that you added to 8812au works, I plugged it in and the led light started blinking. 5ghz and 2,4ghz works.
Great job. How soon will the atv version have this?
In 2-3 days

Newbie69
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Newbie69 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:34 pm

odroid wrote:
Newbie69 wrote:
odroid wrote:Try below parameters in boot.ini file

Code: Select all

setenv fb_x_res "1280"
setenv fb_y_res "768"
setenv hdmi_phy_res "768p60hz"
Thanks for replying so fast.
I have already tried that setup, did not work. Tv didn't sense any signal.
Try 1280x720 (720p) mode.
If it doesn't work, your HDMI-to-VGA converter might not be compatible with XU4.
I haven't tried these settings you suggested yet. Should hpd be 1 or 0 and edid 1 or 0?

When i read in other threads here on the forum some people seems to use

Code: Select all

setenv vout vga

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:28 pm

I need a little help. I'm not winning no matter which image I flash to the Emmc card. If I use android-LineageOS-ATV-14.1-alpha-0.1-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu3-20170211.img I have no Ethernet. I go through the steps listed earlier in this thread and gain developer access, unfortunately allowing "root access" is not an option in my settings. It's simply not there to enable. I'm not sure why I do not have the option available once I have enabled the Developer Options but I do not. If someone could shed some light on making that available in my setting menu I would appreciate the help.

When I load android-LineageOS-ATV-14.1-alpha-0.4-sd_installer-odroidxu3-2017-05-03.img I have all kinds of problems with this image. The keyboard does not work correctly, no app store, no apps. I do have Ethernet.

Is there another image I can try somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Rontbeamer on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:58 pm

Rontbeamer wrote:I need a little help. I'm not winning no matter which image I flash to the Emmc card. If I use android-LineageOS-ATV-14.1-alpha-0.1-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu3-20170211.img I have no Ethernet. I go through the steps listed earlier in this thread and gain developer access, unfortunately allowing "root access" is not an option in my settings. It's simply not there to enable. I'm no sure why I do not have the option available once I have enabled the Developer Options but I do not. If someone could shed some light on making that available in my setting menu I would appreciate the help.

When I load android-LineageOS-ATV-14.1-alpha-0.4-sd_installer-odroidxu3-2017-05-03.img I have all kinds of problems with this image. The keyboard does not work correctly, no app store, no apps. I do have Ethernet.

Is there another image I can try somewhere?

Thanks in advance.
For EMMC you need

Code: Select all

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROID-XU3/Android/CM-14.1-ATV/Alpha-0.4_03.05.17/android-LineageOS-ATV-14.1-alpha-0.4-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu3-2017-05-03.img.7z
Flash it to Sd card, connect both SD and EMMC to Odroid, change boot switch to boot from SD, wait until board turn off automatically (5-20 minutes).
Remove SD card, switch boot mode to EMMC, boot Odroid, first boot also takes long time (5-10 minutes).
After first boot, connect to Internet(Wifi or Ethernet), Enable root access from non TV settings (App drawer> Settings > About etc.)
Run Odroid Updater, check for updates, Download, Verify, Extract, check Format userdata, and restart for update.

P.S.
Now i am working on new version, where Updater/Odroid utility does not require root access, also you can navigate this apps with remote/joystick/keyboard.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:54 am

Thank you! This got me a lot farther down the road. That being said, I got everything working, as much as it works in an alpha release using: android-LineageOS-ATV-14.1-alpha-0.1-sd2emmc_installer-odroidxu3-20170211.img. Once I was comfortable it was working kind of well I decided to follow your upgrade instructions and install via upgrade: update.zip. It appeared to go well then when the upgrade completed and I booted up I lost ethernet again. I went through the steps to enable ethernet like I did the first time but had no luck so I am assuming that enabling it in build.prop is not the problem. Other than no network connectivity the upgrade went as expected.

Maybe I'll just wait until you have the next release ready.

Thank you for the help.

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 am

I thought I would let you know the internal update link is broken. It just displays an error when you try to get the latest update.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:51 am

Rontbeamer wrote:I thought I would let you know the internal update link is broken. It just displays an error when you try to get the latest update.
This happens because hosting server forced https protocol.
You can paste this url to odroid updater after you click Get Latest version button.

Code: Select all

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROID-XU3/Android/CM-14.1-ATV/Alpha-0.4_03.05.17/update.zip
Then download.

BTW.
You can always Download update.zip and update.zip.md5sum to your PC.
Then copy this files via flash drive to your Odroid internal memory.
Then open Odroid updater click Validate>Extract>Restart for update.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:24 am

I had kind of figured out this method for getting the posted update zip on my own. It appears to be the same build as the other files in this directory so the update does not install. Or at least it appears to not install. I was making certain there is not anything beyond this build that I could not see.

Thank you.

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:07 am

voodik wrote:
pyroxide wrote:tried installing 0.4 but there was no ability to install gapps via the configuration tool.

updating from 0.1 to 0.4 retains the gapps but breaks ethernet. the fix does not work afterward.

how does one get ethernet to work AND gapps?
Istall via 0.4 Selfinstall image
https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROI ... _03.05.17/
After first boot Correct your Date and Time
Then open root access from Developer Options.
Next Open Odroid updater, check for new update,
Paste this URL

Code: Select all

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROID-XU3/Android/CM-14.1-ATV/Alpha-0.4_03.05.17/update.zip
Download>Validate>Extract>check Format userdata> restart for update. Wait.
This was the post I needed to get everything working. Yay!

Now one more question: Is there a known way to fool Playstation Vue into thinking this Android box is not rooted?

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:32 am

Rontbeamer wrote:
voodik wrote:
pyroxide wrote:tried installing 0.4 but there was no ability to install gapps via the configuration tool.

updating from 0.1 to 0.4 retains the gapps but breaks ethernet. the fix does not work afterward.

how does one get ethernet to work AND gapps?
Istall via 0.4 Selfinstall image
https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROI ... _03.05.17/
After first boot Correct your Date and Time
Then open root access from Developer Options.
Next Open Odroid updater, check for new update,
Paste this URL

Code: Select all

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROID-XU3/Android/CM-14.1-ATV/Alpha-0.4_03.05.17/update.zip
Download>Validate>Extract>check Format userdata> restart for update. Wait.
This was the post I needed to get everything working. Yay!

Now one more question: Is there a known way to fool Playstation Vue into thinking this Android box is not rooted?
https://www.lineageos.org/Safetynet/
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 am

Ok, well that is kind of a bummer.

Newbie69
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Newbie69 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:26 pm

voodik any progress with the update?

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Newbie69 wrote:voodik any progress with the update?
working almost 24/7 on it :)
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:06 am

I need a little help with Netflix and the leanback launcher (home screen). Netflix gave me a copy of the Netflix app that works with this version of Android TV. The only problem is the app only resides in the App Drawer and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the app or a link to it over onto the home screen. A long press on the app icon to move it is not working. Once I let it go the app just launches. Does anybody know how to get this on the home screen?

User avatar
memeka
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 58 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by memeka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:53 am

Rontbeamer wrote:I need a little help with Netflix and the leanback launcher (home screen). Netflix gave me a copy of the Netflix app that works with this version of Android TV. The only problem is the app only resides in the App Drawer and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the app or a link to it over onto the home screen. A long press on the app icon to move it is not working. Once I let it go the app just launches. Does anybody know how to get this on the home screen?
https://androidtv.news/2017/01/tv-app-r ... shortcuts/

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:04 pm

I added Odroid settings to Android TV Settings. :!:
tvsettings.png
tvsettings.png (236.58 KiB) Viewed 11844 times
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

User avatar
memeka
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 10:22 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 58 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by memeka » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:19 pm

voodik wrote:I added Odroid settings to Android TV Settings. :!:
tvsettings.png
cool! :geek:

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:42 am

memeka wrote:
Rontbeamer wrote:I need a little help with Netflix and the leanback launcher (home screen). Netflix gave me a copy of the Netflix app that works with this version of Android TV. The only problem is the app only resides in the App Drawer and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the app or a link to it over onto the home screen. A long press on the app icon to move it is not working. Once I let it go the app just launches. Does anybody know how to get this on the home screen?
https://androidtv.news/2017/01/tv-app-r ... shortcuts/
Thanks, perfect!

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:31 am

Next question! I installed the Google Cast receiver and it installed as it should but the ODROID-XU 4 is not discoverable. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
While not ideal it would be a workaround to get some the apps up and running that are not working because of the Safetynet issues.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:37 am

Rontbeamer wrote:Next question! I installed the Google Cast receiver and it installed as it should but the ODROID-XU 4 is not discoverable. Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
While not ideal it would be a workaround to get some the apps up and running that are not working because of the Safetynet issues.
Google Cast receiver also depending Secure bootloader and DRM support. Unfortunately XU4 does not support DRM.
So in my lab on XU4 Google Cast receiver working only with Windows Google Chrome Youtube.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:25 am

Ok, no problem. I got it working with a privately developed receiver: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... er.castapp

User avatar
odroid
Site Admin
Posts: 34586
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:14 pm
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID
Has thanked: 812 times
Been thanked: 704 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by odroid » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:06 am

Rontbeamer wrote:Ok, no problem. I got it working with a privately developed receiver: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... er.castapp
Nice finding!
Can you cast 720p Youtube video to your XU4 from your phone?

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:36 am

odroid wrote:
Rontbeamer wrote:Ok, no problem. I got it working with a privately developed receiver: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... er.castapp
Nice finding!
Can you cast 720p Youtube video to your XU4 from your phone?
Haven't tried. Youtube runs natively at 1080P on my box. It seems like casting ramps up to about 720P on what I have tested.
For being alpha this thing is actually working really well. I can't wait for his next build.
This is a functional streaming media player for being an alpha build. Some apps crash a bit much, like Netflix, but it works. Sling is flawless as are a bunch of other apps.

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:15 am

Just checked, it doesn't cast Youtube at all. I suspect because Youtube runs natively and Google wants it that way.

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Another way to get PS Vue and directly on the box is to install Kodi then install the PS Vue app from the Kodi repository.

I'm going to test fubo latter today.

sub263
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID U3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by sub263 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:52 am

voodik wrote:I added Odroid settings to Android TV Settings. :!:
tvsettings.png
Voodik,
The android app remote is not connecting with latest update. Any ways to fix it.


Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Odroid-U3
Raspberry-Pi
Panda Board
10.1" chungwa LCD
HDMI to LVDS board
USB2UART

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 am

sub263 wrote:
voodik wrote:I added Odroid settings to Android TV Settings. :!:
tvsettings.png
Voodik,
The android app remote is not connecting with latest update. Any ways to fix it.


Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Can you check your Date/Time settings ? Is it correct ?
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:01 am

Voodic, is there a list of compatible game controllers?

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:01 am

Rontbeamer wrote:Voodic, is there a list of compatible game controllers?
I Only have a DS3 and DS4 controllers, so i tested only this ones.
Which controller support you need ?
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Rontbeamer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 am
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Rontbeamer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:38 am

voodik wrote:
Rontbeamer wrote:Voodic, is there a list of compatible game controllers?
I Only have a DS3 and DS4 controllers, so i tested only this ones.
Which controller support you need ?
The one I purchased for this project is the GameSir G4. If that Is not workable I can purchase a different game pad.

User avatar
Snk
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:43 am
languages_spoken: Portuguese
ODROIDs: XU4 + eMMC 32GB + UART
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Snk » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:11 am

How to connect the wireless controller of the Xbox One control to Nougat? Is there any possibility?
Or, will I have to buy a DS3 or 4? :(

sub263
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID U3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by sub263 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:08 am

voodik wrote:
sub263 wrote:
voodik wrote:I added Odroid settings to Android TV Settings. :!:
tvsettings.png
Voodik,
The android app remote is not connecting with latest update. Any ways to fix it.


Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Can you check your Date/Time settings ? Is it correct ?
Yes they are correct. Plus the HDMI cec also not working.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Odroid-U3
Raspberry-Pi
Panda Board
10.1" chungwa LCD
HDMI to LVDS board
USB2UART

sub263
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:07 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID U3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by sub263 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:03 am

Is there a way to hide HDMI connection to apps. The reason being Apps like comcast/xfinity or HBOGO does not stream if it detects the android device with HDMI plugged?. The broadcaster allow it only for mobile handheld devices.
Odroid-U3
Raspberry-Pi
Panda Board
10.1" chungwa LCD
HDMI to LVDS board
USB2UART

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:56 pm

sub263 wrote:Is there a way to hide HDMI connection to apps. The reason being Apps like comcast/xfinity or HBOGO does not stream if it detects the android device with HDMI plugged?. The broadcaster allow it only for mobile handheld devices.
This depends how this apps checks secondary display availability.
Android have a such prop
persist.demo.singledisplay

Code: Select all

    // True if the display manager service should pretend there is only one display
    // and only tell applications about the existence of the default logical display.
    // The display manager can still mirror content to secondary displays but applications
    // cannot present unique content on those displays.
    // Used for demonstration purposes only.
Try it
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Update available!
New Settings, New Updater, New Resolutions, Lot of input device drivers added(Xbox/Wii/PS/DragonRise controllers), Fixed sound cracking issue(I hope).
Because of new GAPPS please FORMAT USERDATA when updating !!!

Code: Select all

https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROID-XU3/Android/CM-14.1-ATV/Alpha-0.5_28.06.17/update.zip
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

tibo
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:25 pm
languages_spoken: english french
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by tibo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Awesome work!
I am doing my very first install of Android tv on my XU4. I started by the self installer, went fine. My problem is that I can't update with the Odroid Updater, the restart button does nothing...

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 1838
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 219 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:15 pm

tibo wrote:Awesome work!
I am doing my very first install of Android tv on my XU4. I started by the self installer, went fine. My problem is that I can't update with the Odroid Updater, the restart button does nothing...
Which version of selfinstaller you use ?
Please use latest version from here.
https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROI ... _28.06.17/
And don't forget check "Format userdata" on first update.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

tibo
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:25 pm
languages_spoken: english french
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by tibo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:33 pm

Silly me... I forgot about the root access... :roll:

Trying again now...

Post Reply

Return to “Android”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests