LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post Reply
eugen.t
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:38 am
languages_spoken: english, russian, german
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by eugen.t »

Long time ago I download CyanogenMod 14.1 on exactly this page, it seems like it works much faster (Benchmark+ UX-Responsibility) as LineageOS 14.1. CyanogenMod 14.0 works well, but maybe 14.1 contains more fixes. Is it possible to get the Cyanogen Ḿod 14.1 or last stable CyanogenMod14.1+ Image.

Thank You for your doing.
Attachments
odroidXu4CM141.png
odroidXu4CM141.png (643.15 KiB) Viewed 4178 times

Mazahaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:51 am
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Mazahaker »

Hey. I bought a wifi adapter rtl8191su, but after connecting, the wifi adapter does not work. Ifconfig -a does not show new network adapters.
When the adapter is connected: [257.100813] [c2] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using s5p-ehci
When trying to enable wifi in the settings: [352.623802] [c3] init: Starting service 'wpa_supplicant' ...
[352.688768] [c3] init: Service 'wpa_supplicant' (pid 7455) exited with status 255
In windows wifi work successful as rtl8191su

Mazahaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:51 am
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Mazahaker »

Mazahaker wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:14 am
Hey. I bought a wifi adapter rtl8191su, but after connecting, the wifi adapter does not work. Ifconfig -a does not show new network adapters.
When the adapter is connected: [257.100813] [c2] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using s5p-ehci
When trying to enable wifi in the settings: [352.623802] [c3] init: Starting service 'wpa_supplicant' ...
[352.688768] [c3] init: Service 'wpa_supplicant' (pid 7455) exited with status 255
In windows wifi work successful as rtl8191su

more info:
before connection odroidxu3:/ # lsusb

Code: Select all

Bus 002 Device 014: ID 058f:9254
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0616
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0bda:8153
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 002 Device 015: ID 1c4f:0024
Bus 002 Device 016: ID 0e8f:0020
after connection odroidxu3:/ # lsusb

Code: Select all

Bus 002 Device 014: ID 058f:9254
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0616
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0bda:8153
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 002 Device 015: ID 1c4f:0024
Bus 002 Device 016: ID 0e8f:0020
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 13d3:3310
odroidxu3:/ # lsmod

Code: Select all

Module                  Size  Used by
cp210x                  7673  0
ftdi_sio               28683  0
pl2303                  7445  0
cdc_acm                15919  0
rt2800usb              15146  0
uvcvideo               68490  0
smsc95xx               19994  0
rt2800lib              68959  1 rt2800usb
stk1160                18251  0
r8152                  46724  0
usbtv                  10525  0
rt2x00usb               8061  1 rt2800usb
snd_usb_audio          99716  0
saa7115                14899  0
ax88179_178a           18583  0
spi_s3c64xx            14186  0
8812au               1182399  0
spidev                  5022  0
88x2bu               2120057  0
8723au                883178  0
rt2x00lib              35405  3 rt2800usb,rt2800lib,rt2x00usb
snd_usbmidi_lib        18055  1 snd_usb_audio
8192eu                788657  0
8188eu                822568  0
8192cu                580068  0
8192du                562749  0
videobuf2_vmalloc       2636  3 uvcvideo,stk1160,usbtv
cdc_ether               3469  0
odroidxu3:/ # ifconfig -a

Code: Select all

sit0      Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
          NOARP  MTU:1480  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0

dummy0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 5a:e5:db:87:51:3a
          inet6 addr: fe80::58e5:dbff:fe87:513a/64 Scope: Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:3 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:210

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope: Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1e:06:36:0d:75
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0

ip6tnl0   Link encap:UNSPEC
          NOARP  MTU:1452  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0
so problem.. no result

Code: Select all

odroidxu3:/ # (dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
odroidxu3:/ #
Last edited by Mazahaker on Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 503 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik »

Mazahaker wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:42 pm
Mazahaker wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:14 am
Hey. I bought a wifi adapter rtl8191su, but after connecting, the wifi adapter does not work. Ifconfig -a does not show new network adapters.
When the adapter is connected: [257.100813] [c2] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using s5p-ehci
When trying to enable wifi in the settings: [352.623802] [c3] init: Starting service 'wpa_supplicant' ...
[352.688768] [c3] init: Service 'wpa_supplicant' (pid 7455) exited with status 255
In windows wifi work successful as rtl8191su

more info:
before connection odroidxu3:/ # lsusb

Code: Select all

Bus 002 Device 014: ID 058f:9254
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0616
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0bda:8153
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 002 Device 015: ID 1c4f:0024
Bus 002 Device 016: ID 0e8f:0020
after connection odroidxu3:/ # lsusb

Code: Select all

Bus 002 Device 014: ID 058f:9254
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 05e3:0616
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0bda:8153
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 002 Device 015: ID 1c4f:0024
Bus 002 Device 016: ID 0e8f:0020
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 13d3:3310
odroidxu3:/ # lsmod

Code: Select all

Module                  Size  Used by
cp210x                  7673  0
ftdi_sio               28683  0
pl2303                  7445  0
cdc_acm                15919  0
rt2800usb              15146  0
uvcvideo               68490  0
smsc95xx               19994  0
rt2800lib              68959  1 rt2800usb
stk1160                18251  0
r8152                  46724  0
usbtv                  10525  0
rt2x00usb               8061  1 rt2800usb
snd_usb_audio          99716  0
saa7115                14899  0
ax88179_178a           18583  0
spi_s3c64xx            14186  0
8812au               1182399  0
spidev                  5022  0
88x2bu               2120057  0
8723au                883178  0
rt2x00lib              35405  3 rt2800usb,rt2800lib,rt2x00usb
snd_usbmidi_lib        18055  1 snd_usb_audio
8192eu                788657  0
8188eu                822568  0
8192cu                580068  0
8192du                562749  0
videobuf2_vmalloc       2636  3 uvcvideo,stk1160,usbtv
cdc_ether               3469  0
odroidxu3:/ # ifconfig -a

Code: Select all

sit0      Link encap:IPv6-in-IPv4
          NOARP  MTU:1480  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0

dummy0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 5a:e5:db:87:51:3a
          inet6 addr: fe80::58e5:dbff:fe87:513a/64 Scope: Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:3 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:210

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope: Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:1e:06:36:0d:75
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0

ip6tnl0   Link encap:UNSPEC
          NOARP  MTU:1452  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 TX bytes:0
There was no 819*su driver for old 3.x kernels. You need to find out supported WiFi dongle.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Mazahaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:51 am
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Mazahaker »

There was no 819*su driver for old 3.x kernels. You need to find out supported WiFi dongle.
@voodik LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4 and LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4 based on 3.x kernel?

And at first page "features"
- RTL8188CUS , RTL8191SU and Ralink Wireless USB dongle support

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 503 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik »

Mazahaker wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:07 pm
There was no 819*su driver for old 3.x kernels. You need to find out supported WiFi dongle.
@voodik LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4 and LineageOS-15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo for ODROID-XU3/XU4 based on 3.x kernel?

And at first page "features"
- RTL8188CUS , RTL8191SU and Ralink Wireless USB dongle support
Oh, its my mistake, it very old info. Copied from old hardware topics. For Xu3 there was no 8191SU driver.
I tried to port it, but lot of kernel features is missing, so it almost impossible ... Sorry for that.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Mazahaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:51 am
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: xu4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Mazahaker »

Oh, its my mistake, it very old info. Copied from old hardware topics. For Xu3 there was no 8191SU driver.
I tried to port it, but lot of kernel features is missing, so it almost impossible ... Sorry for that.
no problems. thanks for the information

TeofiloDesign
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:36 am
languages_spoken: Italian, English, a bit of French
ODROIDs: XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by TeofiloDesign »

Which are the supported Bluetooth dongles? I have an old Bluetooth 4.0 one that used to work when I first started using the Odroid XU4. I stopped for a while, and when some days ago I reinstalled Androiod on microSD and started using the XU4 again, I've discovered that the OS keeps on giving me errors with Bluetooth

Dominic86
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
languages_spoken: Italian, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Dominic86 »

Sorry, after the last update, it seems that the long press power button or GPIO pin12 signal, doesn't work anymore.
Only after press and hold for 5 or 6s Odroid force reboot.
How can I restore the long press safe shutdown?
Thanks a lot

Dominic86
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
languages_spoken: Italian, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Dominic86 »

I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "bottone mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 503 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik »

Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am
I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "bottone mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!
So your usb dac have a usb hid media keys and always send volume up? It have hardware volume control buttons? Maybe some hardware fail?
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Dominic86
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
languages_spoken: Italian, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Dominic86 »

voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am
I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "bottone mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!
So your usb dac have a usb hid media keys and always send volume up? It have hardware volume control buttons? Maybe some hardware fail?
Yes, but it haven't hardware volume control bottons, maybe an incompatibility between Odroid and USB DAC.
I don't need to control volume on Odroid, can I disable it low level, in boot.ini for example?

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 503 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik »

Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 am
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am
I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "bottone mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!
So your usb dac have a usb hid media keys and always send volume up? It have hardware volume control buttons? Maybe some hardware fail?
Yes, but it haven't hardware volume control bottons, maybe an incompatibility between Odroid and USB DAC.
I don't need to control volume on Odroid, can I disable it low level, in boot.ini for example?
Nope. Show output of getevent -l and getevent -lp commands.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Dominic86
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
languages_spoken: Italian, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Dominic86 »

voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:14 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 am
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am
I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "button mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!
So your usb dac have a usb hid media keys and always send volume up? It have hardware volume control buttons? Maybe some hardware fail?
Yes, but it haven't hardware volume control bottons, maybe an incompatibility between Odroid and USB DAC.
I don't need to control volume on Odroid, can I disable it low level, in boot.ini for example?
Nope. Show output of getevent -l and getevent -lp commands.
Thank you very much for your reply Voodik!
I've tried getevent and in fact it show continous KEY_VOLUMEUP/DOWN...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16M0zlU ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U4RA4 ... sp=sharing

Could be a problem with the driver?

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 503 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik »

Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:54 pm
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:14 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 am
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am
I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "button mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!
So your usb dac have a usb hid media keys and always send volume up? It have hardware volume control buttons? Maybe some hardware fail?
Yes, but it haven't hardware volume control bottons, maybe an incompatibility between Odroid and USB DAC.
I don't need to control volume on Odroid, can I disable it low level, in boot.ini for example?
Nope. Show output of getevent -l and getevent -lp commands.
Thank you very much for your reply Voodik!
I've tried getevent and in fact it show continous KEY_VOLUMEUP/DOWN...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16M0zlU ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U4RA4 ... sp=sharing

Could be a problem with the driver?
I don't have a access to this files.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Dominic86
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
languages_spoken: Italian, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Dominic86 »

voodik wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:54 pm
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:14 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 am
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am
I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "button mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!
So your usb dac have a usb hid media keys and always send volume up? It have hardware volume control buttons? Maybe some hardware fail?
Yes, but it haven't hardware volume control bottons, maybe an incompatibility between Odroid and USB DAC.
I don't need to control volume on Odroid, can I disable it low level, in boot.ini for example?
Nope. Show output of getevent -l and getevent -lp commands.
Thank you very much for your reply Voodik!
I've tried getevent and in fact it show continous KEY_VOLUMEUP/DOWN...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16M0zlU ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U4RA4 ... sp=sharing

Could be a problem with the driver?
I don't have a access to this files.
Sorry, could you retry?

User avatar
voodik
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: armenian, english, russian
Location: Armenia
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 503 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by voodik »

Dominic86 wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:30 am
voodik wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:20 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:54 pm
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:14 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:18 am
voodik wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:24 am
Dominic86 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:52 am
I've realized that the problem is the DAC USB sound card that sends a persistent "volume+" signal.
This overrides the GPIO power signal, in fact if I unplug the sound card Odroid safe shutdown.
I've tried with "button mapper" to disable volume+, but it doesn't work.
Could you hint any solution?
Thanks again!
So your usb dac have a usb hid media keys and always send volume up? It have hardware volume control buttons? Maybe some hardware fail?
Yes, but it haven't hardware volume control bottons, maybe an incompatibility between Odroid and USB DAC.
I don't need to control volume on Odroid, can I disable it low level, in boot.ini for example?
Nope. Show output of getevent -l and getevent -lp commands.
Thank you very much for your reply Voodik!
I've tried getevent and in fact it show continous KEY_VOLUMEUP/DOWN...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16M0zlU ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16U4RA4 ... sp=sharing

Could be a problem with the driver?
I don't have a access to this files.
Sorry, could you retry?
check your DAC USB vid and pid with lsusb command.
for example if it 262a:10e0

add at end of "setenv bootargs" line in your boot.ini

Code: Select all

usbhid.quirks=0x262a:0x10e0:0x4
should be like this.

Code: Select all

setenv bootargs     "fb_x_res=${fb_x_res} fb_y_res=${fb_y_res} hdmi_phy_re ...<some other options>.... usbhid.quirks=0x262a:0x10e0:0x4"
This will be prevent usbhid from claiming USB device, so media keys not be initialized.
Buy me a beer ;)
https://www.paypal.me/voodikjan
BTC: 377wXjEr3QsDDzRqfMco3a41wicrsv3Sfs
--------------------------------------------------------
dump logs
(dmesg; logcat -d; lsusb) | curl -F 'f:1=<-' ix.io
--------------------------------------------------------
ADB enhanced PuTTY :!:
https://github.com/voodik/puttyadb/releases

Dominic86
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
languages_spoken: Italian, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Dominic86 »

It works!!! I love you Voodik! :D
Do you know also if there is a gpio pin that can be used to listen if the Odroid is power on or off?

Dominic86
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:49 pm
languages_spoken: Italian, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by Dominic86 »

Does someone has random problems with wifi or bluetooth on startup?
When I power on Odroid, very often they don't work and I have to restart it more times until wifi or bluetooth wake up...

anil
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:54 pm
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by anil »

@voodik;
is that possible to enable 5 GHz wifi hotspot for this android version? (can we just cut and paste vendor list from android 10 to android 9?

nrgizer79
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: ODROID U3 + 8Gb emmc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by nrgizer79 »

Hi, guys!
What USB sound card i can use with xu4 ?

User avatar
rooted
Posts: 9571
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:12 am
languages_spoken: english
Location: Gulf of Mexico, US
Has thanked: 761 times
Been thanked: 500 times
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by rooted »

nrgizer79 wrote:Hi, guys!
What USB sound card i can use with xu4 ?
This should essentially be the same USB soundcard Hardkernel used to sell.

https://www.amazon.com/zdyCGTime-Extern ... B083V54LRB

nrgizer79
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 7:50 pm
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: ODROID U3 + 8Gb emmc
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by nrgizer79 »

Thanks.
Bought same device.
Sound work fine.

What about microphone ? Is it work with this device and android ?

sp4219
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:15 pm
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Post by sp4219 »

voodik wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:28 pm
@qxtgo

So if you need Gaapps,
please create "opengapps.xml" file in ".repo/local_manifests" folther with this content

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<remote name="opengapps" fetch="https://github.com/opengapps/"  />

<project path="vendor/opengapps/build" name="aosp_build" revision="master" remote="opengapps" />
<project path="vendor/opengapps/sources/all" name="all" clone-depth="1" revision="master" remote="opengapps" />
<project path="vendor/opengapps/sources/arm" name="arm" clone-depth="1" revision="master" remote="opengapps" />
</manifest>
and run repo sync again.

if you don't need Gapps,
remove device/hardkerne;/odroidxu3/opengapps.mk file
and comment/remove this
https://github.com/voodik/android_devic ... u3.mk#L281
Hello @voodik,

As per the instructions mentioned above, I created the file "opengapps.xml" file in ".repo/local_manifests" folder and ran repo sync again.
However, repo sync gets stuck at 99%.
Could you help me to solve this issue ?

Kind Regards,
Shubham

Post Reply

Return to “Android”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest