LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Thu May 03, 2018 8:46 am

sub263 wrote:
voodik wrote:
sub263 wrote:Voodik,

I am trying to build image but ending up with following error(attached)

$git clone https://github.com/voodik/android_kerne ... idxu3_beta -b los-14.1_5422

$ repo init -u git://github.com/voodik/android.git -b cm-14.1_5422
$ repo sync
$ ./build.sh odroidxu3

Any help. I already tried increasing java heap size with no success

Your RAM amount ?

8GB and this machine is standalone linux machine not a virtual machine.

I also have a problems when using 8GB RAM, so i updated my PC RAM.
Google this error you can find a lot of solutions, you need to try which one can help you.
Or add more RAM
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
voodik

languages_spoken: english,russian

Unread postby woalk » Mon May 07, 2018 4:59 am

Is there anything I can do to enable Bluetooth headset controls? Using the headset's controls when connected to a Pixel running Oreo works fine, but using the controls connected to the ODROID does nothing for me. Audio output works as expected though.
woalk

languages_spoken: English, German
ODROIDs: XU4

Unread postby brunno78 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello voodik.

Its possible to adding shortcuts setting from original odroid utility to lineageos?

I need launch aplication from usb keyboard. (for examlpe F10 key >> google maps, F11 key >> waze, F12 key >> power of odroid)

Thanks for answer..

HB
brunno78

languages_spoken: english, slovak
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Unread postby drtechdom » Fri May 11, 2018 11:06 am

Just tried to get back to this project after I saw that you added the reverse touch screen. I changed the reverse touch screen option in the /system/build.prop and it seems to hose the system... It won't boot with that flag turned to true, I am reinstall it at the moment as its not ping-able either.

Any ideas, did I do something wrong or miss a step?

adb pull /system/build.prop
changed the flag
remounted /system as rw
adb push build.prop /system
remount /system ro
restarted
hosed.... :(

also is there a way to take the touch screen out of mouse mode and put it into touch mode?
drtechdom

languages_spoken: english

Unread postby voodik » Tue May 15, 2018 4:25 am

drtechdom wrote:Just tried to get back to this project after I saw that you added the reverse touch screen. I changed the reverse touch screen option in the /system/build.prop and it seems to hose the system... It won't boot with that flag turned to true, I am reinstall it at the moment as its not ping-able either.

changed the flag
remounted /system as rw
remount /system ro
restarted

also is there a way to take the touch screen out of mouse mode and put it into touch mode?

Just pulled, edited and pushed back build.prop whithout any issue.
Please try to edit with other text editor. e.g. Notepad++

To use your touch screen in non mouse mode, just rename /system/usr/idc/Vendor_04DD_Product_9570.idc file according your touch VID/PID
Buy me a beer Here ;)
voodik

Unread postby drtechdom » Tue May 15, 2018 10:09 am

voodik wrote:
drtechdom wrote:Just tried to get back to this project after I saw that you added the reverse touch screen. I changed the reverse touch screen option in the /system/build.prop and it seems to hose the system... It won't boot with that flag turned to true, I am reinstall it at the moment as its not ping-able either.

changed the flag
remounted /system as rw
remount /system ro
restarted

Just pulled, edited and pushed back build.prop whithout any issue.
Please try to edit with other text editor. e.g. Notepad++

To use your touch screen in non mouse mode, just rename /system/usr/idc/Vendor_04DD_Product_9570.idc file according your touch VID/PID

Just tried both, my device is Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04e7:0020.... I copied Vendor_04DD_Product_9570.idc to Vender_04E7_Product_0020.idc and also change the flag of reverse touch screen to true using jed as I run Ubuntu... The system boots now so it must have been an issue with text editor as you said... but my touch screen is still a mouse and backwards.. What am I doing wrong? :\
drtechdom

Unread postby kafan1986 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:32 pm

@voodik: Can you take a look at this issue viewtopic.php?f=94&t=31017
kafan1986

Unread postby cliffyfromboro » Sat May 26, 2018 6:46 am

Does anyone in here have this to boot on USB HDD? Or does anyone know how I would go about having on USB HDD? Even with a top speed SD card it is barely usable and at the minute I am not planning on buying an eMMC module just yet. I have Linux (OGST & Ubuntu) on HDD's and they run amazingly well with a USB3.0 HDD dock.
cliffyfromboro

Unread postby back2future » Thu May 31, 2018 4:59 pm

Would it help if one could compile this special Android U-boot, containing fdisk, fastboot, fatformat from source? Are there sources without downloading an entirely Android source code archive?
Thx
naturally beYOnd spectrum
back2future

Unread postby Miamijerry » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:10 am

Help please. Running a Sunfounder 10.1 touch screen and I want to rotate the screen 90 degrees (Portrait). I tried the utility included in the image, but it always boots in landscape (and the setting in the utility is back to "0" rotation, instead of 90), also play store apps can not force the screen to portrait.
Miamijerry

ODROIDs: XU4Q

Unread postby voodik » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Miamijerry wrote:Help please. Running a Sunfounder 10.1 touch screen and I want to rotate the screen 90 degrees (Portrait). I tried the utility included in the image, but it always boots in landscape (and the setting in the utility is back to "0" rotation, instead of 90), also play store apps can not force the screen to portrait.

Are you updated to latest version ?
Buy me a beer Here ;)
voodik

Unread postby Miamijerry » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:13 am

voodik wrote:
Miamijerry wrote:Help please. Running a Sunfounder 10.1 touch screen and I want to rotate the screen 90 degrees (Portrait). I tried the utility included in the image, but it always boots in landscape (and the setting in the utility is back to "0" rotation, instead of 90), also play store apps can not force the screen to portrait.

Are you updated to latest version ?

I updated just now, to "alpha-1.8.15.04.18/update.zip" rebooted, changed rotation to 90, and it still does not save or rotate.

SOLVED - Installed the SD2EMMC image, went straight to utility and selected 270 rotation, reboot, perfect. (Most likely original problem was my playing with rotation apps).

Thanks
Miamijerry

ODROIDs: XU4Q

Unread postby teathief » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Thank you for this wonderful android build for the XU3-4's.
I've been playing with it for awhile and it is rock solid for what I use it for (mostly kodi, retroarch, and some android gaming).

I'm having trouble with some apps (netflix for one) seeing the rooting method (Lineage's own rooting solution) would it be possible to use Magisk Mask
with this system so apps cannot see root?

It's easy enough to install on a modifiable phone but I'm not sure what the steps would be for this system and if the LineageOS rooting method
would have to be removed first (and then removing root permissions I might need to install Magisk in the first place).

Also if its easy to install it and I'm just missing it, anyone have a link to a guide that works for a system without TWRP?

I believe I tried the FlashFire method but I don't remember if I did, and I'm not even sure I should have with the Lineage root method already installed.

The war on root is getting kinda ugly and if you have root you really need a way to hide that fact nowadays.

Would you be willing to consider switching the root method used on these builds to Magisk if it works well on this system?

It also has some really useful modules installable through it like Xposed Framework (among others) even though I'm not sure how well all the modules work on LineageOS.
teathief

languages_spoken: English

Unread postby juanitomaille » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey guys, I have a bug with 14.1 or maybe a limit.

I bought a 8 USB port HUB.
Firstly, my USB DAC doesn't work on hub, only directly.
Same with USB touchscreen
Same with (not really sure) my GPS module
WIfi, bluetooth, cheap sound card, webcam, radio module OK in the hub

But, for exemple, when I plug cheap sound card, I'm loosing Wifi, even after reboot and unplug sound card. I need to physically change USB port with some stability problem after, resolved only with new Lineage install.

Some questions :
Is the direct plug for some device is a known limit ?
My USB hub is a cheap hub but it's only wires no ? It work or not, it can't come from that ?
Is it a bug ?

I precise that my Hub is alimented and Odroid + touchscreen + hub are plugged on a 10A adapteur for testing and mesured around 12W with all plugged

Thanks

EDIT : I willl try with 15.1 if a have time
juanitomaille

languages_spoken: english, french

Unread postby kafan1986 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 pm

juanitomaille wrote:Hey guys, I have a bug with 14.1 or maybe a limit.

I bought a 8 USB port HUB.
Firstly, my USB DAC doesn't work on hub, only directly.
Same with USB touchscreen
Same with (not really sure) my GPS module
WIfi, bluetooth, cheap sound card, webcam, radio module OK in the hub

But, for exemple, when I plug cheap sound card, I'm loosing Wifi, even after reboot and unplug sound card. I need to physically change USB port with some stability problem after, resolved only with new Lineage install.

Some questions :
Is the direct plug for some device is a known limit ?
My USB hub is a cheap hub but it's only wires no ? It work or not, it can't come from that ?
Is it a bug ?

I precise that my Hub is alimented and Odroid + touchscreen + hub are plugged on a 10A adapteur for testing and mesured around 12W with all plugged

Thanks

EDIT : I willl try with 15.1 if a have time

Is your hub externally powered? 8 ports are quite a few, the hub might not be providing enough power to connected devices.
kafan1986

Unread postby juanitomaille » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:37 pm

Yes, I anticiped that and power it with 10A 5V source, I think the original one was 2A.

Maybe the problem is internal with power limitation by electronic to not exceed 2A ?

Which is illogical is that also devices plugged directly to XU4 have problem (when many other are plugged)
In USB standard,the power is distributed regardless of how they are plugged (hub or directly)?

I will measure amperage and buy a second alimented hub...
Which is crazy is current of each device : GPS 70mA, BLE dongle 30mA, Webcam 320mA....
juanitomaille

Unread postby tomop123 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi,
I'm having terrible trouble with the netflix - any version I was able to install (4.16 from netflix's website or AndroidTV 5.2.0) is showing me "Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. (-1009)."
The internet is working fine for other uses - chrome, youtube. I've tried to disconnect ethernet cable and use just wifi dongle, but it's the sam. I'm using the latest version, but with loboris's multi boot solution.
tomop123

Unread postby teathief » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:45 am

tomop123 wrote:Hi,
I'm having terrible trouble with the netflix - any version I was able to install (4.16 from netflix's website or AndroidTV 5.2.0) is showing me "Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. (-1009)."
The internet is working fine for other uses - chrome, youtube. I've tried to disconnect ethernet cable and use just wifi dongle, but it's the sam. I'm using the latest version, but with loboris's multi boot solution.

Your using a version of the Netflix app that was before it could check for the presence of root and refuse to run?

If that is the case sounds like they updated the Netflix service so that old version no longer works.

I don't know if there is anything else that stops Netflix from running besides the root built into these builds.

I'd like to figure out how to remove the Lineage root system packed into these builds by default and put Magisk Mask in here for its ability to hide root from apps.

That requires more then I know about Android images.
Last edited by teathief on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
teathief

languages_spoken: English

Unread postby tomop123 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:48 pm

teathief wrote:
tomop123 wrote:Hi,

Your using a version of the Netflix app that was before it could check for the presence of root and refuse to run?

If that is the case sounds like they updated the Netflix service so that old version no longer works.

I don't know if there is anything else that stops Netflix from running besides the root built into these builds.

I'd like to figure out how to remove the Lineage root system packed into these builds by default and put Magisk Mask in here for its ability to hide root from apps.

That requires more then I know about Android images.

Well, latest news I've heard were stating that you can't find the Netflix on Google Store, if the device is rooted. I've found the apk on the 3rd party website and managed to install it successfully. The app runs and tries to load the service, but end up with the error above.
tomop123

Unread postby mad-murdock » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:15 am

My xu4 just died. I had the issue again where videos (both youtube and twitch) wont start playing. I am used to that by now.

So as usual I restarted my odroid and... No picture. From how fan behaves it seems to boot a kernel, but I never see any boot animation or anything.

Downloading sd2emmc self installer now, doing a clean install and hoping this will fix it.

Anyone else had something similar before?
mad-murdock

languages_spoken: English german
ODROIDs: 2*odroid u2 (one running latest cyanogenmod android, one being server running arch linux arm)

Unread postby mad-murdock » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 am

tomop123 wrote:Well, latest news I've heard were stating that you can't find the Netflix on Google Store, if the device is rooted. I've found the apk on the 3rd party website and managed to install it successfully. The app runs and tries to load the service, but end up with the error above.

You _should_ be able to get netflix running in SD mode. I had that before. But you will not - in any way - get netflix working HD, since netflix requires a DRM certification - widevine level 1 or similar - and without said DRM certification it will only play SD. There is no known way around this. Just to give you an idea of the complexity: When OnePlus forgot to add widevine to its 5t phone, everyone who wanted it afterwards was forced to send in his phone to oneplus and got a completely new software. Each devices has to be certified on its own. It was not possible to deliver that crap just with a software update.

Of course, open source software never is DRM certified.
Hope that helps - even though its not a nice answer.

Oh yes, to get SD playback running be sure to get the netflix .apk from a trusted site. Be sure its a trusted site or you might run into security issues.
mad-murdock

ODROIDs: 2*odroid u2 (one running latest cyanogenmod android, one being server running arch linux arm)

Unread postby rooted » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 am

mad-murdock wrote:

This is no longer the case, you can play Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in HD through Kodi plug-ins and the inputstream interface. I don't know if it will work under Android currently.

Not certified but going through DRM by way of Chrome OS widevine.
rooted

ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2
XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby mad-murdock » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:58 pm

rooted wrote:
mad-murdock wrote:

This is no longer the case, you can play Netflix and Amazon Prime Video in HD through Kodi plug-ins and the inputstream interface. I don't know if it will work under Android currently.

Not certified but going through DRM by way of Chrome OS widevine.

Interesting. Well, Kodi always finds its ways. But good to hear their DRM is... cracked?... broken?... more open to open source now? Thanks for that info.
mad-murdock

Unread postby rooted » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Not cracked or broken, you still must have login credentials.
rooted

XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby mad-murdock » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:17 am

rooted wrote:Not cracked or broken, you still must have login credentials.

Well, its the HD part is cracked. I am pretty sure it is not in netflix' interest that watching HD in KODi is possible.

Sure you need a login. Without hacking the netflix server I do not see any way to access their content for free. But if HD is working thanks to KODi on all android devices, thats quiet the achievment.

-----

Something else. How does one do a backup - possibly just of /data. As far as I see it, both /system/ and /data/ are on the same partition and are bind mounted to the correct places.
For me the system got corrupted and I had to start over. If I had a nandroid backup, I would have just restored /data/ after freshly installing the OS.
Is there something similar like a nandroid of just /data/ which I can do on this ROM? Just quick looking I did not find an obvious folder which contained /data/
mad-murdock

Unread postby mad-murdock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:33 am

Hi @voodik,

I had to install my XU4 with this ROM from scratch. With fresh ROM, only installed twitch, youtube and a live wallpaper (no root before installing a logcat grabber), I again have the issue of video files stopping to play. This usually happens when Twitch runs from last night until next night, I come home, and it is frozen. In this state, youtube behaves the same - not starting playback anymore, only displaying the first frame of the video.

I attached a log file of the system in already broken state, trying to play 2 videos with twitch and 2 videos with youtube.

Please tell me if you need a log - including required debug level - of a whole night until the hickup happens. Might take some days to record that, but video playback breaks pretty consistently, so I think I can get that log file. A non-verbose debug level might help keeping the file readable. Maybe warn and above?

Then again, maybe you already locate the error in attached logcat. If you need anything else, please let me know. I have this issue since 1.4 - but since my installation was all but clean back then, I really didnt want to report anything.

Edit: I am not trained well in analyzing log files, since I usally am more a SystemUI guy, but I would bet it starts here - happens exactly 2 times in twitch, 2 times in youtube - exactly how my test case was:

Code: Select all
06-28 20:19:24.919 E/OMXNodeInstance( 3117): getConfig(c2d004c:Exynos.AVC.Decoder, ConfigCommonOutputCrop(0x700000f)) ERROR: NotReady(0x80001010)
Attachments
2018-06-28-20-19-06.txt
(77.32 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
mad-murdock

Unread postby voodik » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi @mad-murdock,

Are you using latest(1.8) version of ROM?
Buy me a beer Here ;)
voodik

Unread postby mad-murdock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:39 pm

voodik wrote:Hi @mad-murdock,

Yes, I do. Fresh install of 1.8 just a few days ago. I have noticed this issue since 1.4 though.
mad-murdock

Unread postby voodik » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:08 am

mad-murdock wrote:
voodik wrote:Hi @mad-murdock,

Yes, I do. Fresh install of 1.8 just a few days ago. I have noticed this issue since 1.4 though.

Found some commits depending effects creation issues.
https://github.com/LineageOS/android_fr ... ts/cm-14.1

I will merge them and build new version.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
voodik

Unread postby redpotatoes » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:57 am

Any plans for something like this on the C2 ???
Would be amazing !!!
redpotatoes

ODROIDs: ODROID-C2

Unread postby voodik » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Update ! :ugeek:

AudioFX fixes
Supported SPI TFT(ili9340) Display. (i post little guide soon)

@mad-murdock and people who have a issues with long time Audio/Video playback
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=30206
Please check latest version and let me know if issue still persist?

Thanks.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
voodik

Unread postby here_comes_ice_king » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Anyone else having issues with having wifi and gps connected to a externally powered USB hub? It worked with android 4.4.4. And I just saw that there's an update! I will try and update after work today.
here_comes_ice_king

Unread postby mad-murdock » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:13 pm

voodik wrote:@mad-murdock and people who have a issues with long time Audio/Video playback

Thank you so much. Installing. For testing, I will run a 24h stream while not using my odroid. If no crash in 1 week, the issue very likely is solved.

---------

here_comes_ice_king wrote:Anyone else having issues with having wifi and gps connected to a externally powered USB hub? It worked with android 4.4.4. And I just saw that there's an update! I will try and update after work today.

Is your USB hub powered?
mad-murdock

Unread postby here_comes_ice_king » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:58 pm

My usb hub is powered. I'm using my phone's hotspot to connect to wifi. It works for a minute or two, then cuts off.
here_comes_ice_king

Unread postby mad-murdock » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:07 pm

voodik wrote:@mad-murdock and people who have a issues with long time Audio/Video playback

Thanks.

Hey voodik, unfortunately the new 1.9 version did not fix the issue. Logcat of failed start of videos in youtube/twitch is attached again.
Attachments
2018-07-04-13-00-55.txt
(71.13 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
mad-murdock

Unread postby voodik » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:56 pm

mad-murdock wrote:

Thanks.

Hey voodik, unfortunately the new 1.9 version did not fix the issue. Logcat of failed start of videos in youtube/twitch is attached again.

How i can reproduce issue ?
Buy me a beer Here ;)
voodik

Unread postby mad-murdock » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:35 pm

voodik wrote:How i can reproduce issue ?

Install twitch, tune to a channel that is running 24 hours - I suggest https://www.twitch.tv/twitchpresents - Then give it a day to run.

It is not guaranteed to crash in 24 hours, sometimes it is still going, but I would think you have at least 75% chance it crashes during 24 hour period. Once the crash has occured, you cannot start any videos anymore - neither on twitch nor on youtube.

In other words: It sucks and is really shitty to reproduce - especially a fast, reliable way is not possible.
mad-murdock

Unread postby mad-murdock » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:34 pm

Dear voodik, I hope you were able to reproduce that issue.
I am travelling from tomorrow for 1 or 2 months. So I wont be here for a while.

If you build something new, I will test it once I am back.

Thanks for your work on this project. Honestly, I would not own an XU4 if only android 4.4.4 was available. I love your ROM.
Keep on rocking! See you soon.
mad-murdock

Unread postby knight » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:23 am

I'm facing an odd problem and could use some pointers from anyone willing to look at my boot log.

Following the steps on the first page of this thread, I previously had Android running on my Odroid XU4. It was working quite well, rendering the surveillance cameras around my home onto a wall mounted monitor. Then one day it would not boot... or to put it more accurately, it attempted to boot but the monitor never turned on. I figured I just tinkered with it too much so I re-imaged the sd card. Unfortunately, despite multiple attempts and multiple Odroids, it gets stuck into a boot loop after it initializes the disk on the first boot up.

I'm using Etcher to write this image:
https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROI ... 15.img.zip

I'm using a Transcend USB 3 sd card writer and have tried various 32GB and 64GB Samsung EVO sd cards.

During the first boot, it appears to set up the filesystems on the disk correctly. Once setup is complete, it reboots itself when it tries to start the log-reinit service. e.g.
[   16.194010] [c6] init: Starting service 'logd-reinit'...

There are some other errors and warnings during the boot process but I don't know if any of these contribute to the problem or not:
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
reading boot.ini
** Unable to read file boot.ini **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
** File not found /boot/boot.ini **
** File not found /boot.ini **
cfgload: no boot.ini or empty file
[    6.145301] [c5] dwmmc_exynos 12220000.dwmmc2: Tuning Abnormal_result 0x00003fff.
[    6.146023] [c0] dwmmc_exynos 12220000.dwmmc2: data CRC error READ
[    6.146172] [c5] mmc_host mmc1: Tuning error: cmd.error:0, data.error:-84
[    6.146344] [c5] mmc_host mmc1: Tuning error: cmd.error:-84, data.error:-115
[    6.296981] [c4] samsung-pinctrl 14010000.pinctrl: could not request pin 176 on device samsung-pinctrl
[    6.306266] [c4] odroid-ts 2-0048: Error applying setting, reverse things back

You can view the full boot log here:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/knig ... 7_boot.log

Anyone got any ideas?
knight

ODROIDs: xu4

Unread postby knight » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 pm

After much testing, the problem turned out to be the on/off power switch I was using for convenience:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ODROID-ON-Off- ... m570.l1313

It must have been causing a enough voltage drop when the Odroid was under load to trigger a reboot.
After I removed it, the Odroid would boot up just fine. Just to be sure this was not a fluke, I reattached the power switch, and sure enough the Odroid immediately went into a boot loop.
knight

Unread postby rooted » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks for posting the solution.
rooted

XU3 Lite, XU4
N1
VU7+
HiFi Shield 2
Smart Power (original)

Unread postby caminin » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi,

I'm currently searching for a good android Box at least 7.1 for industrial purposes (Kiosk, digital signage...)

I didn't find a lot of good board, but Odroid XU4 with this Lineage rom seems to be a good solution (I'm also testing raspberry pi avec Emteria and Tinker board).

Is it stable enough to be used for this type of work ? (Work 18h/24h 7d/7d)

Thanks a lot for the build !
caminin

Unread postby emperornovio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Hello guys, can someone post the odroid utility apk please, it's not available on Android TV and I need it to solve the issue where sound stutters when you use a USB sound card.
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=19246&p=127764&hilit=Android+TV+controller&sid=7c1d909548f403b041a9304fdfee2b42#p127764
emperornovio

Unread postby voodik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:07 pm

emperornovio wrote:Hello guys, can someone post the odroid utility apk please, it's not available on Android TV and I need it to solve the issue where sound stutters when you use a USB sound card.
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=19246&p=127764&hilit=Android+TV+controller&sid=7c1d909548f403b041a9304fdfee2b42#p127764

Wrong topic,
Android: Utility app moved to Settings> Odroid Settings
Buy me a beer Here ;)
voodik

Unread postby emperornovio » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:34 pm

Oh! Thank you, I never realized that, and it worked, no more stuttering
emperornovio

Unread postby mitlageri » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi guys,

I'm facing with a weird problem, the Odroid XU4 doesn't shows light grays on the screen. For example I've got a website with #eeeeee coloured buttons, and these are appearing as buttons with white background. When I open this gray tones scale, the first row's last two and the second row's first two elements all are whites:
https://everythingneat.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/grayscale.jpg

I've tried to make screenshots, but it looks normal when not viewing on the Odroid. I've tested this on a fresh install of the newest version (Alpha-1.9_02.07.18). It shows the grays without problems on the LineageOS 15.1 version with the same screen and settings.

UPDATE:
Everything's fine after commenting out this line in build.prop:
persist.hdmi.color_range=1
Last edited by mitlageri on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitlageri

languages_spoken: english, hungarian
ODROIDs: Odroid C2, Odroid XU4

Unread postby Charykun » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:52 am

Hello voodik,

Is it possible to support the OpenUPS2 in Android?
Battery percent display?

http://www.mini-box.com/OpenUPS2
https://github.com/mini-box/openups2
Charykun

languages_spoken: english, german

Unread postby cloudia » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:32 am

Hello Voodik,

I had to change a flag on android source code because I need that apps have access to external devices without the need of answer the pop up after every reboot.

But now I have not been able to correctly generate an selfinstall sd2emmc img.

I already tried this project - https://github.com/codewalkerster/xu4_installer.

Can you tel me how I do this or other alternative?

Thanks
cloudia

Unread postby mad-murdock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:52 pm

caminin wrote:Hi,

I'm currently searching for a good android Box at least 7.1 for industrial purposes (Kiosk, digital signage...)

I didn't find a lot of good board, but Odroid XU4 with this Lineage rom seems to be a good solution (I'm also testing raspberry pi avec Emteria and Tinker board).

This board is super stable. It is running 24/7 at my place for about a year.

For me, there seems to be a slight software bug, hanging away video playback every now and then. But afaik and as far as I read the comments, it does not seem to involve anyone else.
Did you consider a full linux, too? If you are looking for industrial purposes, an ubuntu or any other full-featured linux might be even more interesting for you.
mad-murdock

Unread postby knight » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:04 pm

caminin wrote:Hi,

Didn't see your post until mad-murdock replied.

I've used the Odroid-XU4 and the Ocdroid-HC1 (the XU4's cousin) with great success. It seems Hard Kernel read my mind and built exactly what I was looking for.

Depending on your application, either voodik's Android images or Armbian, a Debain based linux distro, work quite well. While I did have a power issue with an inline mechanical switch, I've had no issues with stability of either os.
knight

PreviousNext

Return to Android