LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Droidzilla » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:42 am

voodik wrote:
Droidzilla wrote:Voodik is there a way to setup a keyboard shortcut for the power menu to do a clean shutdown without doing reboot -p in terminal? I have my device enclosed otherwise I'd just use the power button on the board.

you can find it in Settings>About



Hahahaha simple enough. Thank you sir.
Droidzilla
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:12 am
Location: USA
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Xu4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Ciapa1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:18 am

Hi,

I'm currently trying to get this image to work, tho there's a small problem. No matter what I do, I always end up stuck in a bootloop where the fanSpins for exactly 35 seconds and then starts over again.
What I did so far:
Tried sdcard autoinstaller
Tried 4.4.4 based Upgrade
Tried several SD Cards (ranging from Class 4 over Class 10 up to UHS1)
Compiled uboot and tried using the selfcompiled binaries instead of the prebuilt ones

No matter what I do, I always end up stuck in the situation explained above. First 10 Seconds the blue LED is static, then switches over to blinking(blinking a bit slower than usual), and ends with the LED either being static blue or off for the last 5 seconds prior to the reboot.
I hope that someone could help me. Already tried bunch of methods, nothing seems to work.
Ciapa1
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:11 am
languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby emperornovio » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:26 am

Hello guys,
I received my Odroid yesterday and went ahead to install the LineageOS-14.1 then I ran the update. Everything seems to be working well (wifi, ethernet, keyboard etc). However I plugged my flash drive, the system recognised it and asked me to configure it as device storage or removable media, I selected removable storage. The problem is that Kodi can not see the flash drive but ES file Xplorer and Paragon can. I installed my favorite music app (MusixMatch) but it could not see the removable storage too. What can i do to make external drives accessible to all apps? The format of the drive is FAT32
emperornovio
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby chippey5 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:13 pm

emperornovio wrote:Hello guys,
I received my Odroid yesterday and went ahead to install the LineageOS-14.1 then I ran the update. Everything seems to be working well (wifi, ethernet, keyboard etc). However I plugged my flash drive, the system recognised it and asked me to configure it as device storage or removable media, I selected removable storage. The problem is that Kodi can not see the flash drive but ES file Xplorer and Paragon can. I installed my favorite music app (MusixMatch) but it could not see the removable storage too. What can i do to make external drives accessible to all apps? The format of the drive is FAT32


When I let the USB sit for a minute or two, I can choose it as removable media and Kodi actually sees it then too. Give it a try and a tad patience, it should work.
chippey5
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:51 pm
languages_spoken: english, swedish, dutch
ODROIDs: ODROID XU4. ODROID U2

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby emperornovio » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 am

chippey5 wrote:
emperornovio wrote:Hello guys,
I received my Odroid yesterday and went ahead to install the LineageOS-14.1 then I ran the update. Everything seems to be working well (wifi, ethernet, keyboard etc). However I plugged my flash drive, the system recognised it and asked me to configure it as device storage or removable media, I selected removable storage. The problem is that Kodi can not see the flash drive but ES file Xplorer and Paragon can. I installed my favorite music app (MusixMatch) but it could not see the removable storage too. What can i do to make external drives accessible to all apps? The format of the drive is FAT32


When I let the USB sit for a minute or two, I can choose it as removable media and Kodi actually sees it then too. Give it a try and a tad patience, it should work.


I let it sit like you suggested, nothing! Weirdly, when I open the flash drive from ES explorer, I can play its content through the integrated media player or YesPlayer but when I attempt to play it through VLC or Kodi it gives an error that Kodi or VLC can not find the location. On page 1, I saw a command that would mount SMB, I don't know if I have to do the same for a flash drive, I know nothing about Linux. Someone help me please. My intention is to attach the drive and share it to the network through FTP or SMB
emperornovio
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 pm

emperornovio wrote:Hello guys,
I received my Odroid yesterday and went ahead to install the LineageOS-14.1 then I ran the update. Everything seems to be working well (wifi, ethernet, keyboard etc). However I plugged my flash drive, the system recognised it and asked me to configure it as device storage or removable media, I selected removable storage. The problem is that Kodi can not see the flash drive but ES file Xplorer and Paragon can. I installed my favorite music app (MusixMatch) but it could not see the removable storage too. What can i do to make external drives accessible to all apps? The format of the drive is FAT32

After you adopting your Flash drive as "removable storage" it will mounted to /storage/SOME-UID directory. (e.g. /storage/5C50-4AF3)
Some people reported about issue when not all drives mounted under /storage directory but unfortunately i can't reproduce this issue with all my USB FLASH/HDD drives.
So please check from console/adb is your drive mounted under /storage/ directory.
Try re-partition your flash, create single exFAT partition and format it.
If this not helps you, dump logs(logcat, dmesg) and post here.

p.s.
Are you talking About ATV version ?
Otherwise you posted in wrong forum.
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby hokoon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 am

kot_behemot wrote:1. On 1080p display mode I have weird artifacts in the home screen. Not immediately after boot, but whenever i exit any full screen app, the bottom of the home screen gets "smeared" while scrolling up and down - see screenshot here: https://imgur.com/yDNi8Wr And it stays that way until reboot. EDIT: This doesn't happen in lower resolutions, e.g. 720p.


I have the same annoying issue (1080p60 and 1080p50)

Edit: latest version, emmc self install

S__4661250.jpg
S__4661250.jpg (116.96 KiB) Viewed 2355 times
hokoon
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:55 pm
languages_spoken: ไทย
ODROIDs: U2, XU, U3, C-1

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Marco22 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:11 am

Hi

I have some problems with the x360 wireless controller, the right stick and the x360 button do not work.
I use Lineage Os 14.1 ATV.
does anyone know a solution?
Marco22
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:44 pm
languages_spoken: english,german

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby jkms » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:45 am

hokoon wrote:
kot_behemot wrote:1. On 1080p display mode I have weird artifacts in the home screen. Not immediately after boot, but whenever i exit any full screen app, the bottom of the home screen gets "smeared" while scrolling up and down - see screenshot here: https://imgur.com/yDNi8Wr And it stays that way until reboot. EDIT: This doesn't happen in lower resolutions, e.g. 720p.


I have the same annoying issue (1080p60 and 1080p50)

Edit: latest version, emmc self install

S__4661250.jpg


Ditto here. Happened with a 100% fresh install.
jkms
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby kot_behemot » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:11 am

jkms wrote:
hokoon wrote:
kot_behemot wrote:1. On 1080p display mode I have weird artifacts in the home screen. Not immediately after boot, but whenever i exit any full screen app, the bottom of the home screen gets "smeared" while scrolling up and down - see screenshot here: https://imgur.com/yDNi8Wr And it stays that way until reboot. EDIT: This doesn't happen in lower resolutions, e.g. 720p.


I have the same annoying issue (1080p60 and 1080p50)

Edit: latest version, emmc self install

S__4661250.jpg


Ditto here. Happened with a 100% fresh install.


Same thing happens to me. I already asked about it once.
kot_behemot
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:08 am
Location: Wrocław, PL
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: ODroid XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby dpetrovichev » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:18 am

kot_behemot wrote:
jkms wrote:
hokoon wrote:
kot_behemot wrote:1. On 1080p display mode I have weird artifacts in the home screen. Not immediately after boot, but whenever i exit any full screen app, the bottom of the home screen gets "smeared" while scrolling up and down - see screenshot here: https://imgur.com/yDNi8Wr And it stays that way until reboot. EDIT: This doesn't happen in lower resolutions, e.g. 720p.


I have the same annoying issue (1080p60 and 1080p50)

Edit: latest version, emmc self install

S__4661250.jpg


Ditto here. Happened with a 100% fresh install.


Same thing happens to me. I already asked about it once.


I have the same issue with new device and with the latest version. :( :( :(

How to fix it?
dpetrovichev
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:13 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Vytmax » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:03 am

hi all maybe someone tried to install SuperSU ? i'm using some programs with it. but when i try to run it after instaling i get "supersu occupied" maybe someone knows how to deal with my problem ;)
User avatar
Vytmax
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:10 am
languages_spoken: english, russian, lithuanian, samogitian
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby oledb0815 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Ciapa1 wrote:Hi,

I'm currently trying to get this image to work, tho there's a small problem. No matter what I do, I always end up stuck in a bootloop where the fanSpins for exactly 35 seconds and then starts over again.
What I did so far:
Tried sdcard autoinstaller
Tried 4.4.4 based Upgrade
Tried several SD Cards (ranging from Class 4 over Class 10 up to UHS1)
Compiled uboot and tried using the selfcompiled binaries instead of the prebuilt ones

No matter what I do, I always end up stuck in the situation explained above. First 10 Seconds the blue LED is static, then switches over to blinking(blinking a bit slower than usual), and ends with the LED either being static blue or off for the last 5 seconds prior to the reboot.
I hope that someone could help me. Already tried bunch of methods, nothing seems to work.



Hi,

did you solve the issue, as I have exactly the same boot loop with my SD cards.

Thanks
Olli
oledb0815
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:11 am
languages_spoken: english

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Mtoiv » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:55 am

Hello,

I have been using "alpha-0.1" for almost a year now, this week, this did not start so I decided to install the latest version. I assumed the SD card was corrupt so I got a new one and installed the latest version.
I tried to install this latest "alpha-1.0" selfinstall image several times, but it will not start up. Older versions (0.1 and 0.5) will start up on the same SD card.
do i have to install for the old version 0.5 or how can i get 1.0 to working?

Thanks: _Mauri_
Mtoiv
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:23 am
languages_spoken: english

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 pm

Soon :ugeek:
atv_oreo.png
atv_oreo.png (152.74 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby hokoon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Awesome!!!
hokoon
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:55 pm
languages_spoken: ไทย
ODROIDs: U2, XU, U3, C-1

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby redbird » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:19 am

I have an XU4Q running ubuntu and it pretty much runs my home network.
- MySQL for Kodi library
- Tvheadend/hdhomerun for all LibreElec Kodi clients (Odroid C2's)
- Obtaining EPG guide info
- Mosquitto
- Node-Red
- Network shares for security camera dumps
- Rsync data backups
- And much more

After realizing how important it is to me, I bought another one just to have as a backup.
That's when I tried Android TV on the XU4Q. In short, awesome! Thank you voodik!

One hurdle, which isn't Android TV's issue, that I haven't been able to solve:
- Kodi tvheadend pvr client decodes the MPEG2 from the hdhomerun extend (no transcoding, ATSC) in software instead of hardware which sometimes causes stutter and high cpu rates. (Kodi tvheadend pvr client on C2 LibreElec decodes properly in hardware from the same tvh server)
- The workaround on Android TV was to use the hdhomerun provided pvr client within Kodi which does decode in hardware. The downside to this is the inability to set a free recording. So having the same channel from both pvr client sources is not ideal.

Again, Thanks so much for this build!!! My dream would be to have it for the C2 as well. :)
redbird
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U2, C2x5, XU4Qx2

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby redbird » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 am

As an update to the above, upgrading tvheadend to 4.3-1252~g595fd17 didn't solve it but using Kodi 18.0 Leia Alpha 1 with that upgrade did.
My local MPEG2 channels coming from hdhomerun through tvheadend are now decoded in hardware and all looks good.
redbird
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U2, C2x5, XU4Qx2

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby emperornovio » Sat May 26, 2018 4:58 pm

JdeH97 wrote:Hi guys,
The new ATV image works really great, except 1 things.
My Usb Hdd dont mount anymore on user level since the update, in ES i can access it on /mnt/media_rw/.

Is there any workarround to mount the usb hdd manually, so kodi can access it ?

Ps: The documentsui is missing ;)


Has any found a solution to this? I have the same problem, only es explorer can access hdd or USB flash drives. Es explorer finds mine on 3003/Usbstorage. How can I make SPMC access this directory?
emperornovio
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby Jeremycarlson » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Voodik,

I would first off like to thank you for all your hard work with odroid boards, it doesn't go unnoticed. I was wondering how the odroid c2 android tv was coming along? If there is anything I can do to help? Is it going to be lineageOS 14.1 or 15? Thanks for your time and consideration.
Jeremycarlson
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:36 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C2 XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby RenanBigBear » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Hello all,
I've the same issue that some people : when I use the alpha 1.x version, my board is lock in a boot loop. I tried to use the Android 4.4.4 and update to the alpha 1.x version with Odroid Updater, but the boot loop came again.
In the meantime, I use the Alpha 0.5 version (It works, but I still have to found a way to get Play Store).
If somebody has solved this issues, I would be very grateful :D
Anyway thanks to everybody who help others, you are heroes ! :D
RenanBigBear
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:27 pm
languages_spoken: French
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4Q

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby dymekkk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Hi,

So I am using Google Live TV app with TV Headend addon, it works very well, but I have a deinterlancing problem, why Odroid on ATV does not deinterlace the Live TV?

another thing -> AC3 passthrough does not work from PLEX app, as auto refresh rate change to 24p.. could someone confirm this please?
dymekkk
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:51 pm
languages_spoken: english,polish
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby emperornovio » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello, can someone please tell me how to get xu4 to recognize game controllers? I have tried to use both USB and Bluetooth but no connection, the device does not recognize it, it recognizes my air mouse effortlessly
emperornovio
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:15 pm

emperornovio wrote:Hello, can someone please tell me how to get xu4 to recognize game controllers? I have tried to use both USB and Bluetooth but no connection, the device does not recognize it, it recognizes my air mouse effortlessly

Which controller you use ?
post here your USB VID/PID
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby emperornovio » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:16 am

USB/VID_2563&PID_0575&REV_0200
Tronsmart G02
emperornovio
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:55 am
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby voodik » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:23 pm

emperornovio wrote:USB/VID_2563&PID_0575&REV_0200
Tronsmart G02

Can you try latest Lineage-15.1 ATV image ?
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=31569
Buy me a beer Here ;)
BTC: 3Lx83Vh9HL7UbsD9oDBcMR9pQMRSPEfRmg
User avatar
voodik
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 am
languages_spoken: english,russian

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby tangs » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi!

After test this Os, I can't figure out how to connect my PS3 controller with bluetooth. I've got a A2dp stick, bit it won't recognize my dualshock. Any ideas how to do it ?
Also, I can't use the Molotov TV app because of a lack of drm. Any ideas how I could make it work ?

Thanx for the amazing job here!
tangs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:29 pm
languages_spoken: english / french
ODROIDs: Odroid xu4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby blades » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Hello, I have an XU4 with sd and emmc cards, Iam trying to install TV-box but failed. Can somebody write 2 lines how to write image to sd or emmc card? and which image? Thank you :)
What I do is download https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROI ... 20.img.zip
Extract, burn extracted with etcher to SD card.
I insert SD to odroid, wait 30', OS not booting but fan spins/stops and blue led blinks/stops/off.
Afterwards I can see SD card(put it in PC) has populated files but still OS not loading. What should I do
blades
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:07 pm
Location: Oslo
languages_spoken: english, greek
ODROIDs: XU4

Re: LineageOS-14.1 Android TV for ODROID-XU3/XU4

Unread postby blades » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:30 pm

blades wrote:Hello, I have an XU4 with sd and emmc cards, Iam trying to install TV-box but failed. Can somebody write 2 lines how to write image to sd or emmc card? and which image? Thank you :)
What I do is download https://oph.mdrjr.net/voodik/5422/ODROI ... 20.img.zip
Extract, burn extracted with etcher to SD card.
I insert SD to odroid, wait 30', OS not booting but fan spins/stops and blue led blinks/stops/off.
Afterwards I can see SD card(put it in PC) has populated files but still OS not loading. What should I do

Problem solved by following this YT video
I had to use the sd2emmc image and the method to write from sd to emmc
blades
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:07 pm
Location: Oslo
languages_spoken: english, greek
ODROIDs: XU4

Previous

Return to Android

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests