So cut me a little slack if this seems overly-simplistic....
My use case is simply
- Removing an HTFS-formatted/populated drive from my 24-7 PC
- Putting it into an HC2 that will live in the LAN closet
- Having that drive appear on my LAN as a share - the same way it does now while it is residing in that 24-7 PC
- No separate distro install
- No customization of said distro
- No separate package installs to said distro
- No system updates
- No driver installs
- No nothing - just etch that image on to the SD, insert the SD, boot the HC2, and go...
UUID of the hard drive's partition would seem to be one stumbling block...