ODROID-XU4 Getting Started Video

Respectech
languages_spoken: English, German, some Ukrainian, some Spanish
ODROIDs: All the ODROIDs!!

Well, the ones released since the U2.
Has thanked: 0

ODROID-XU4 Getting Started Video

Post by Respectech » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:31 am

We created a "Getting Started" video for people using the ODROID-XU4 for the first time.
These users thanked the author Respectech for the post:
GopikaBG (Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:41 pm)

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Japanese
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: ODROID-XU4 Getting Started Video

Post by odroid » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Very nice tutorial and this post is STICKY now for noobs. :D

kalonbihan
languages_spoken: French
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4
Been thanked: 0

Post by kalonbihan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:17 am

Hello,

I'm a novice and i've problem to start my XUE whit linux or android on SD. When i turn on my device, we coiuld see this (look the video)

https://youtu.be/6gFlIds9jg0

And after it reboot and do this again and again.

i have test two Dc connector: 5V 1A and 6V 3A.
i have test 3 SD carts

Could you help me..

Excuse me for my english but i'm french

memeka
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Post by memeka » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:46 am

1) video is private
2) try a 5V 4A power

kalonbihan
languages_spoken: French
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU4

Post by kalonbihan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:16 am

Thanks

Now video is public

odroid
Site Admin

Post by odroid » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Please do not post the same thing here and there.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 18#p112514
I think 6V/3A PSU could damage the ODROID.

BDProductions
ODROIDs: XU4

Post by BDProductions » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 pm

Nice video.... as long as you are not coming here with a factory fresh XU4...

Firefox and Chromium both can't play it from the Ubuntu 15.04 that ships on eMMC from HardKernel...

Very unimpressed with the device so far..

First video in VLC I had no playback... figured out to use the GLES2 for video, but no options work for getting any audio out of HDMI after logging into the desktop.
Plugged in USB audio CODEC and have usable sound... oops, not any more... both USB 3 ports seem to have died.
The Hard drive I had plugged into USB 3 is externally powered....
The USB audio codec works fine plugged into either of my cellphones with a converter cable that is not powered, so power draw should not be the issue.

The only working USB port now is the USB 2 port, and that is taken by the logitech adapter for my K400r unifying receiver.

Even my rPI worked fine right out of the box. This is a huge fail for HardKernel.

I am just about to package it and sell it on ebay after two days...

If the USB 3 ports can't power a device that works normally on a cell phone's USB 2 port and an externally powered hard drive, it won't work with two USB data acquisition boards I need for a project.

I wasn't able to watch the video, so I don't know if anything useful to me was discussed...

No, I don't have a PC at home, where I am now, to watch the video.

What all does the video have for a new XU4 owner?

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Post by meveric » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:14 pm

BDProductions wrote:Nice video.... as long as you are not coming here with a factory fresh XU4...
True, there you probably have to alter some settings or install other images to get the most out of your XU4.
BDProductions wrote:Firefox and Chromium both can't play it from the Ubuntu 15.04 that ships on eMMC from HardKernel...
FireFox probably never will be able to play it, but Chromium can be started with hardware acceleration which should be enough to watch movies in 720p
There even is a flash addon called pepperflash for Chromium which can be used.
BDProductions wrote:First video in VLC I had no playback... figured out to use the GLES2 for video, but no options work for getting any audio out of HDMI after logging into the desktop.
Although VLC player with GLES2 option "is workign" VLC player is a terrible player on ARM devices.
The Image from HardKernel should have Kodi installed, it's the only way to play videos hardware decoded.
A good software decoder for videos is "ffpay" from the ffmpeg project. VLC player only works on x86 systems "good".
BDProductions wrote:Plugged in USB audio CODEC and have usable sound... oops, not any more... both USB 3 ports seem to have died.
I think there are some issues with the USB 3.0 port that can be solved by "cleaning" the ports.. Can't tell for sure, never had issues with my XU4s that I have, but might be worth a try :)
BDProductions wrote:Even my rPI worked fine right out of the box. This is a huge fail for HardKernel.
RPi has a couple thousand people more working on their systems. They use completely different drivers and tools. They also only have two major products which are mostly identical as is.
HardKernel offers many different boards for different purposes, sadly this means none of them is as deeply developed as the RPi, but still they are working fine.
BDProductions wrote:I am just about to package it and sell it on ebay after two days...
You should probably try addressing one issue after another describe what you try to do and what's not working and people might be able to tell you how to fix it.
In worst case you can try to install another image and see how it works out for you.
BDProductions wrote:I wasn't able to watch the video, so I don't know if anything useful to me was discussed...
The video is an unboxing and first start video, it shows how to boot from eMMC or SD card, and it shows how to boot Linux and Android.
Besides that it's showing how to assamble the case.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

BDProductions

Post by BDProductions » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:56 pm

I am sorry you are a VLC hater...

Actually VLC works great on 3 of my cell phones, all ARM devices... all play 1080P videos with perfect audio from MP4 or MKV containers perfectly, as does a raspberry PI I have.

Do you mean VLC doesn't work well on ODROID devices?

Oh, I also have a NeoTV device that also runs ARM and VLC... works pretty well there too, though that devices gets hot and hangs sometimes...

Anyway, thanks for responding, and not getting all hurt I am not happy I purchased this device... If I had come into this forum before purchase I would not have purchased an ODROID device. I should have just bought a uATX motherboard, where i wouldn't have to worry things like hardware video encoding didn't work. USB ports wouldn't flake out and require unplugging every single connection to restore... I would rather develop a larger device than one that could become useless to my end users.

I am sure I will find something to use it for... but I can't trust the USB 3 ports to not cause a serious problem with any device plugged in working or not.

Anybody want an XU4 with about 4 hours time on it, with a CASE and 8GB eMMC for $75.... (free case and eMMC basically)
Apparently it works as well as it is supposed to, but will be unsuitable for my project.

I have had it for two days since the shipment arrived, and mostly used it to post in this forum.

I just updated it to current, and disabled CEC so KODI will shut down properly without hanging and messing up the desktop indefinitely.

Thank you for posting what is in the video... I guess I managed all that without the video, even updating the system.

After updates, and before, Screen Reader works (though choppy) at the login screen, but not after logged in.

Audio over HDMI stops working as soon as the desktop loads, no system sounds, no VLC audio, no KODI audio.....
Plugging in my USB audio codec allows me to enable all sounds.

To me this is unacceptable... I should not be required to install a 3rd party device for normal sound to function.

For the record, I am using a 37" Samsung TV (HDMI audio works on anything I have ever plugged in, including my rPI)

RE: trying another image....
Seriously? When I purchased an eMMC module from HardKernel I expected it to be functional for basic things like audio output over HDMI... I expected non-flakey USB ports. I didn't expect to have to update the image for any reasons other than security this late in the game. (When I bought my PI i installed their image and everything worked right as far as audio and video, and I didn't have any ports go bad on the first day)

If I have to fight it for basic functionality and if i can expect USB ports to temporarily fail, it will not work for what I want to do.

Raspberry PI isn't fast enough, but I suppose a Banana PI is. I trusted the HardKernel site that their product was so much more powerful, yet it also has so many issues right out of the box, and after updates to the OS image they provided.

I need to have 2 USB data acquisition boards and a multi channel usb codec installed for my project, though no keyboard once programmed... The XU4 seemed to fit the bill, but falls short in reliability of ports, apparently. MY project will never need audio over HDMI, but the XU4 was described as having working audio over HDMI, so I expected it to work in the provided OS image.

Right now this is a $120 lesson in doing more research before buying such a product.

Maybe I will use it to control lights via GPIO and a matrix switch, or maybe someone will want it at discount...

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Post by meveric » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:48 pm

BDProductions wrote:I am sorry you are a VLC hater...
I'm not a VLC hater, it's simply a fact that it has quite many issues on ARM. I use it on Linux and x86 systems as well.
BDProductions wrote:Actually VLC works great on 3 of my cell phones, all ARM devices... all play 1080P videos with perfect audio from MP4 or MKV containers perfectly
That's android and not Linux, actually VLC made quite some progress under ARM already, still it's far from x86 performance, and I still prefer MX Player for Android over VLC
BDProductions wrote:as does a raspberry PI I have.
RPi has specific drivers to work with VLC and VLC actually needs to be started to use these drivers. Such drivers do not exist for "most" ARM devices.
BDProductions wrote:Do you mean VLC doesn't work well on ODROID devices?
Doesn't work well on "most" ARM devices.. Check PandaBoard, CubiBoard, whatever, they all have the same issues.
VLC uses v4l2 to use accelerated Video playback. Nearly none of the existing ARM boards have v4l2 compatible acceleration drivers. None of the standard protocols are supported.. That's an issue of the ARM vendors which prefer to use their own VPUs which do not support standard protocols but also do not open their drivers to allow them to be integrated in these protocols. That's why this is a general issue and not only related to ODROIDs.
BDProductions wrote:Audio over HDMI stops working as soon as the desktop loads, no system sounds, no VLC audio, no KODI audio.....
Plugging in my USB audio codec allows me to enable all sounds.
Sound issue is untypical still there are a few options you have to try why it's not working. I think there was a changed option for sound in /etc/asound.conf that might help.
It's also always a good way to try and boot up Android to see if the issue is just in Linux or general, that way you can rule out if you got faulty hardware (which always can happen as well)
BDProductions wrote:To me this is unacceptable... I should not be required to install a 3rd party device for normal sound to function.
True and that's not the default, it should work with sound over HDMI, that's the only way I use it, and many others as well.
BDProductions wrote:For the record, I am using a 37" Samsung TV (HDMI audio works on anything I have ever plugged in, including my rPI)
I also use a 37" Samsung TV which does work fine with sound over HDMI, so the TV should be fine. Still could be a hardware issue -> RMA process,
or faulty configured image -> test with Android to see if it's working at all.
BDProductions wrote:RE: trying another image....
Seriously? When I purchased an eMMC module from HardKernel I expected it to be functional for basic things like audio output over HDMI... I expected non-flakey USB ports. I didn't expect to have to update the image for any reasons other than security this late in the game. (When I bought my PI i installed their image and everything worked right as far as audio and video, and I didn't have any ports go bad on the first day)
There is always the possibility of a hardware fault, that's why you rule out if it's a hardware issue and if it turns out to be one you send it back and get a replacement device. Same could be for USB ports. It's rare, but it happens. Even if you buy a regular PC it can always be you have a faulty hardware component.
BDProductions wrote:I need to have 2 USB data acquisition boards and a multi channel usb codec installed for my project, though no keyboard once programmed... The XU4 seemed to fit the bill, but falls short in reliability of ports, apparently. MY project will never need audio over HDMI, but the XU4 was described as having working audio over HDMI, so I expected it to work in the provided OS image.
Normally all of this works, it does not work on your board, so obviously something is wrong with your board or your setup. That's why you normally try to figure out what's wrong rather than rant about how everything issn't working. You might have noticed, that not many people complain about the same issue, that should show you this is very uncommon and not the "standard" or else there would be much more complains.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

BDProductions

Post by BDProductions » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:43 am

Thank you for your patience.

I do have another concern... heat buildup in the case HardKernel sells.
I did a cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp and divided by 1000.... and that yields 64C. Sitting IDLE on the desktop with Firefox open to a post on this forum, and an open inactive terminal window. Is that really normal in Ubuntu 15.04?

Where on this forum would be best to discuss the system hanging on application launches rarely, and sometimes inside KODI as it prepares to switch files being played?

I am not super concerned with using KODI, as I understand it isn't exactly stable software, even if it is more usable than VLC for video.

Really strange to me that my Galaxy Note 4 can play back 4k video in VLC I have recorded, as smooth as the original event, and with a slower 8 core CPU...
Can I infer the issue is the Mali 628 GPU that doesn't have mature drivers?

Galaxy Note 4 is Adreno 420, and my HTC ONE uses an Adreno 320. (Both play smooth 1080P, and the Note 4 even plays smooth 2k or 4k scaled to 2560 x 1440 in VLC)

I guess I should research other devices that use the Mali 628 and see if that is the weakness in VLC.

The hangs I have noticed that are complete enough to disable the on board power button have all been related to video related apps, including youtube.

Hangs where the power button allowed a proper shutdown have all been related to apps not dealing with audio or video files.

I will make a backup of the system now, and download an android image for brief testing. My end project will not work with Android for multiple reasons.

Now to see how to best backup the eMMC data.
Thanks again.

meveric

Post by meveric » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:45 pm

BDProductions wrote:Thank you for your patience.

I do have another concern... heat buildup in the case HardKernel sells.
I did a cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp and divided by 1000.... and that yields 64C. Sitting IDLE on the desktop with Firefox open to a post on this forum, and an open inactive terminal window. Is that really normal in Ubuntu 15.04?
Depending on your CPU governor it could be. If you are on "performance" cpu governor that mean all CPU cores are always running with highest possible CPU clock for most speed.
This also means it's getting hotter. Switching to "ondemand" or "interactive" governor can reduce temperature on idle up to 10-15°C.
Still I guess the case could also be an issue that it's heating up more than without it. My Idle temperature of the XU4 is normally around 55°C on performance mode.
But browsers are known to be not very CPU friendly. It could also be why temperature is slightly higher.
BDProductions wrote:Where on this forum would be best to discuss the system hanging on application launches rarely, and sometimes inside KODI as it prepares to switch files being played?
If there is an issue, than you should discuss it in the issue section, if you want to discuss default behaviour of a certain application, the General section of the XU3/XU4 forum should be fine.
BDProductions wrote:I am not super concerned with using KODI, as I understand it isn't exactly stable software, even if it is more usable than VLC for video.
Kodi is quite stable, i still prefer XBMC 13.2 over Kodi if you really want to have stability but it doesn't make much of a difference.
BDProductions wrote:Really strange to me that my Galaxy Note 4 can play back 4k video in VLC I have recorded, as smooth as the original event, and with a slower 8 core CPU...
Can I infer the issue is the Mali 628 GPU that doesn't have mature drivers?
Nope, there is a major difference on ARM devices over x86 PCs. The GPU has nothing to do with Video decoding, it's another dedicated piece inside the SoC called "VPU" that's doing all the video encoding and decoding.
On Samsung's Exynos SoCs they use MFC to do all the video work. The biggest issue is as I said earlier proper drivers to use these decoders. Only XBMC/Kodi have these decoder right now. VLC and other players can not use the hardware decoder.
IF you would use the Android image available for the XU3/XU4 you "should" also be able to use VLC to play videos, but as I said, that's Android not Linux, lots of different drivers.
BDProductions wrote:Galaxy Note 4 is Adreno 420, and my HTC ONE uses an Adreno 320. (Both play smooth 1080P, and the Note 4 even plays smooth 2k or 4k scaled to 2560 x 1440 in VLC)
Adreno GPU is also just a GPU and has nothing to do with video decoding, but they use a VPU as well and in worse case they call it Adreno as well which makes it very confusing^^
Anyway, the SoC in the XU4 is a little bit older, it's it's about the same processor that was used in Samsungs Galaxy S5 so late 2013 early 2014. It should be able to handle 1080p up to 60 FPS, and it seems at least the press release of samsung stated it can do 4k videos as well (I wouldn't count on it, at least not under Linux^^)
BDProductions wrote:I guess I should research other devices that use the Mali 628 and see if that is the weakness in VLC.
Once again.. the Mali GPU has nothing to do with it. It's MFC decoder that's related to VLC and decoding.. Mali GPU is only for 3D rendering.
BDProductions wrote:The hangs I have noticed that are complete enough to disable the on board power button have all been related to video related apps, including youtube.
Can you go into more detail about this? What's the issues you encouter? What kind of "hangs" and when? When you start a video, or stop a video? That kind of things would be interesting to know.
BDProductions wrote:Hangs where the power button allowed a proper shutdown have all been related to apps not dealing with audio or video files.

I will make a backup of the system now, and download an android image for brief testing. My end project will not work with Android for multiple reasons.

Now to see how to best backup the eMMC data.
Thanks again.
There is a Windows tool here on the forum Win32DiskImager which can be used for backups as well as flashing new images on the eMMC/SD card.
Under Linux you can use "dd" to create backups and flash new images.

Maybe later you can explain what you try to do for you project... The XU4 has a very good CPU and using ffplay it might be possible to play videos software decoded "smoothly" on the desktop depending on your plans and needs.

Flipsy
ODROIDs: u3

Post by Flipsy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Hi all,
I need help.
I have XU4 with eMMC and want to use it as smb server+ media server (kodi). My only problem is that I installed 15.10. Wily and using kodi after a while black screen appeared. Since than I can not see anything , even after plug out and plug in again.
My question is: Which image should I use to have stable kodi and samba until the black screen issue is not solved?

odroid
Site Admin

Post by odroid » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 am

Flipsy wrote:Hi all,
I need help.
I have XU4 with eMMC and want to use it as smb server+ media server (kodi). My only problem is that I installed 15.10. Wily and using kodi after a while black screen appeared. Since than I can not see anything , even after plug out and plug in again.
My question is: Which image should I use to have stable kodi and samba until the black screen issue is not solved?
The black screen issue will be solved with a coming kernel update in a week. ;)

PashaShulga

Post by PashaShulga » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:00 am

Hello, First question: I can run odroid-xu4 with HDMI-DVI cable adapter or me need only HDMI-HDMI cable and second question: I can run odroid-xu4 without video cable and without input devices(keyboard, mouse)?
Why I ask? I can't run my odroid and I don't know why... Maybe wrong cable or other reason. Thanks

Sorry for my English.

odroid
Site Admin

Post by odroid » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:13 pm

@PashaShulga
Please open a new thread in this "Issue sub-forum" with more description of your display device and we will help you.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewforum.php?f=99

arnoldvilleneuve

Post by arnoldvilleneuve » Sat May 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Well that is funny.When I click on the video from my new XU4 unit I get this plug in is not supported. I had to go to my iPad to watch it!!! That's not good.

arnoldvilleneuve

Post by arnoldvilleneuve » Sat May 07, 2016 1:19 pm

I agree with do productions. Raspberry Pi is much easier. Odoriferous as some serious work to do to make this unit user friendly in my view. The OS they provide is very rough and until you figure out the hdmi settings on your tv the unit really is not useable.
Once I got the hdmi working so I could the menus the first software update took 30 minutes and over 1400 files which means these guys are not keeping the OS image up to date.

I am starting to like the unit but at this point I would not recommend it to to someone else.
BDProductions wrote:Nice video.... as long as you are not coming here with a factory fresh XU4...

Firefox and Chromium both can't play it from the Ubuntu 15.04 that ships on eMMC from HardKernel...

Very unimpressed with the device so far..

First video in VLC I had no playback... figured out to use the GLES2 for video, but no options work for getting any audio out of HDMI after logging into the desktop.
Plugged in USB audio CODEC and have usable sound... oops, not any more... both USB 3 ports seem to have died.
The Hard drive I had plugged into USB 3 is externally powered....
The USB audio codec works fine plugged into either of my cellphones with a converter cable that is not powered, so power draw should not be the issue.

The only working USB port now is the USB 2 port, and that is taken by the logitech adapter for my K400r unifying receiver.

Even my rPI worked fine right out of the box. This is a huge fail for HardKernel.

I am just about to package it and sell it on ebay after two days...

If the USB 3 ports can't power a device that works normally on a cell phone's USB 2 port and an externally powered hard drive, it won't work with two USB data acquisition boards I need for a project.

I wasn't able to watch the video, so I don't know if anything useful to me was discussed...

jet dragon
ODROIDs: ODROID XU4

Post by jet dragon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:03 pm

hey guys,can odroid gamestation turbo for xu4 run android apps & games,like brand new games like Asphalt 9: Airborne
Riptide GP: Renegade
Beach Buggy Blitz
Horizon Chase: World Tour ??

i sure hope itdoes

rooted

Post by rooted » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:24 pm

No, it's not Android based.

ghost

Post by ghost » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:53 am

Hello guys,

Can Odroid-XU4 run custom android applications?

stephensmith1211
ODROIDs: Vsd2

Post by stephensmith1211 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:45 am

Thanks for this information. It is useful

GopikaBG
ODROIDs: odroid xu4

Post by GopikaBG » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi,

I have booted up the device following instructions in odroid wiki.
I got an error log as follows.
can someone help me?

[ 20.192193] ALSA device list:
[ 20.204857] #0: Odroid-XU4
[ 20.208912] Freeing unused kernel memory: 1024K
[ 20.218152] request_module: kmod_concurrent_max (0) close to 0 (max_modprobes: 50), for module binfmt-464c, throttling...
[ 25.308144] request_module: modprobe binfmt-464c cannot be processed, kmod busy with 50 threads for more than 5 seconds now
[ 25.325682] request_module: kmod_concurrent_max (0) close to 0 (max_modprobes: 50), for module binfmt-464c, throttling...
[ 30.428140] request_module: modprobe binfmt-464c cannot be processed, kmod busy with 50 threads for more than 5 seconds now
[ 30.440069] Failed to execute /init (error -8)
[ 30.459764] request_module: kmod_concurrent_max (0) close to 0 (max_modprobes: 50), for module binfmt-464c, throttling...
[ 35.548140] request_module: modprobe binfmt-464c cannot be processed, kmod busy with 50 threads for more than 5 seconds now
[ 35.560021] Starting init: /bin/sh exists but couldn't execute it (error -8)
[ 35.576744] Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/admin-guide/init.rst for guidance.
[ 35.590804] CPU: 4 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 35.596948] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 35.600601] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 35.608308] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 35.615499] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c0124270>] (panic+0xe8/0x260)
[ 35.622346] [<c0124270>] (panic) from [<c08c257c>] (kernel_init+0x104/0x114)
[ 35.629363] [<c08c257c>] (kernel_init) from [<c01087c8>] (ret_from_fork+0x14/0x2c)
[ 35.636921] CPU3: stopping
[ 35.639598] CPU: 3 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/3 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 35.645738] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 35.649393] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 35.657102] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 35.664291] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI+0x348/0x3bc)
[ 35.671656] [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI) from [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq+0x98/0x9c)
[ 35.679194] [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq) from [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc+0x6c/0xa8)
[ 35.686643] Exception stack(0xee8fff78 to 0xee8fffc0)
[ 35.691666] ff60: 00000001 00000000
[ 35.699817] ff80: 00000003 c011b980 ee8fe000 c0d03dc0 c0d03d70 c0c8baf0 ee8fffd0 00000000
[ 35.707962] ffa0: 00000000 00000000 2e114000 ee8fffc8 c01090d4 c01090d8 60000013 ffffffff
[ 35.716113] [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc) from [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle+0x4c/0x50)
[ 35.723478] [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle) from [<c016590c>] (do_idle+0x164/0x1f8)
[ 35.730841] [<c016590c>] (do_idle) from [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry+0x18/0x1c)
[ 35.738379] [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry) from [<401018cc>] (0x401018cc)
[ 35.745306] CPU2: stopping
[ 35.747991] CPU: 2 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/2 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 35.754142] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 35.757786] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 35.765502] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 35.772694] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI+0x348/0x3bc)
[ 35.780059] [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI) from [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq+0x98/0x9c)
[ 35.787597] [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq) from [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc+0x6c/0xa8)
[ 35.795046] Exception stack(0xee8fdf78 to 0xee8fdfc0)
[ 35.800070] df60: 00000001 00000000
[ 35.808221] df80: 00000002 c011b980 ee8fc000 c0d03dc0 c0d03d70 c0c8baf0 ee8fdfd0 00000000
[ 35.816367] dfa0: 00000000 00000000 2e103000 ee8fdfc8 c01090d4 c01090d8 60000013 ffffffff
[ 35.824514] [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc) from [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle+0x4c/0x50)
[ 35.831879] [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle) from [<c016590c>] (do_idle+0x164/0x1f8)
[ 35.839245] [<c016590c>] (do_idle) from [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry+0x18/0x1c)
[ 35.846783] [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry) from [<401018cc>] (0x401018cc)
[ 35.853710] CPU1: stopping
[ 35.856395] CPU: 1 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/1 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 35.862547] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 35.866190] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 35.873906] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 35.881098] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI+0x348/0x3bc)
[ 35.888464] [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI) from [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq+0x98/0x9c)
[ 35.896002] [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq) from [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc+0x6c/0xa8)
[ 35.903451] Exception stack(0xee8fbf78 to 0xee8fbfc0)
[ 35.908474] bf60: 00000001 00000000
[ 35.916626] bf80: 00000001 c011b980 ee8fa000 c0d03dc0 c0d03d70 c0c8baf0 ee8fbfd0 00000000
[ 35.924771] bfa0: 00000000 00000000 2e0f2000 ee8fbfc8 c01090d4 c01090d8 60000013 ffffffff
[ 35.932918] [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc) from [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle+0x4c/0x50)
[ 35.940283] [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle) from [<c016590c>] (do_idle+0x164/0x1f8)
[ 35.947648] [<c016590c>] (do_idle) from [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry+0x18/0x1c)
[ 35.955186] [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry) from [<401018cc>] (0x401018cc)
[ 35.962114] CPU5: stopping
[ 35.964809] CPU: 5 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/5 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 35.970959] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 35.974601] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 35.982315] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 35.989507] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI+0x348/0x3bc)
[ 35.996873] [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI) from [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq+0x98/0x9c)
[ 36.004411] [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq) from [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc+0x6c/0xa8)
[ 36.011863] Exception stack(0xee903f78 to 0xee903fc0)
[ 36.016886] 3f60: 00000001 00000000
[ 36.025035] 3f80: 00000005 c011b980 ee902000 c0d03dc0 c0d03d70 c0c8baf0 ee903fd0 00000000
[ 36.033180] 3fa0: 00000000 00000000 2e136000 ee903fc8 c01090d4 c01090d8 60000013 ffffffff
[ 36.041329] [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc) from [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle+0x4c/0x50)
[ 36.048693] [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle) from [<c016590c>] (do_idle+0x164/0x1f8)
[ 36.056058] [<c016590c>] (do_idle) from [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry+0x18/0x1c)
[ 36.063596] [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry) from [<401018cc>] (0x401018cc)
[ 36.070528] CPU0: stopping
[ 36.073214] CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 36.079355] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 36.082999] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 36.090715] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 36.097906] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI+0x348/0x3bc)
[ 36.105272] [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI) from [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq+0x98/0x9c)
[ 36.112811] [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq) from [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc+0x6c/0xa8)
[ 36.120260] Exception stack(0xc0d01f30 to 0xc0d01f78)
[ 36.125283] 1f20: 00000001 00000000 00000000 c011b980
[ 36.133435] 1f40: c0d00000 c0d03dc0 c0d03d70 c0c8baf0 c0d01f88 00000000 00000000 c0c58a30
[ 36.141579] 1f60: 2e0e1000 c0d01f80 c01090d4 c01090d8 60000013 ffffffff
[ 36.148164] [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc) from [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle+0x4c/0x50)
[ 36.155532] [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle) from [<c016590c>] (do_idle+0x164/0x1f8)
[ 36.162898] [<c016590c>] (do_idle) from [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry+0x18/0x1c)
[ 36.170440] [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry) from [<c0c00d04>] (start_kernel+0x41c/0x428)
[ 36.178579] CPU6: stopping
[ 36.181271] CPU: 6 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/6 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 36.187421] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 36.191063] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 36.198777] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 36.205969] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI+0x348/0x3bc)
[ 36.213334] [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI) from [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq+0x98/0x9c)
[ 36.220873] [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq) from [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc+0x6c/0xa8)
[ 36.228325] Exception stack(0xee905f78 to 0xee905fc0)
[ 36.233348] 5f60: 00000001 00000000
[ 36.241498] 5f80: 00000006 c011b980 ee904000 c0d03dc0 c0d03d70 c0c8baf0 ee905fd0 00000000
[ 36.249642] 5fa0: 00000000 00000000 2e147000 ee905fc8 c01090d4 c01090d8 60000013 ffffffff
[ 36.257790] [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc) from [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle+0x4c/0x50)
[ 36.265155] [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle) from [<c016590c>] (do_idle+0x164/0x1f8)
[ 36.272519] [<c016590c>] (do_idle) from [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry+0x18/0x1c)
[ 36.280058] [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry) from [<401018cc>] (0x401018cc)
[ 36.286990] CPU7: stopping
[ 36.289674] CPU: 7 PID: 0 Comm: swapper/7 Not tainted 4.14.157+ #1
[ 36.295825] Hardware name: ODROID-XU4
[ 36.299468] [<c011056c>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010c764>] (show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[ 36.307181] [<c010c764>] (show_stack) from [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack+0xa0/0xb4)
[ 36.314374] [<c08adc6c>] (dump_stack) from [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI+0x348/0x3bc)
[ 36.321739] [<c010f534>] (handle_IPI) from [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq+0x98/0x9c)
[ 36.329277] [<c0101458>] (gic_handle_irq) from [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc+0x6c/0xa8)
[ 36.336730] Exception stack(0xee907f78 to 0xee907fc0)
[ 36.341751] 7f60: 00000001 00000000
[ 36.349901] 7f80: 00000007 c011b980 ee906000 c0d03dc0 c0d03d70 c0c8baf0 ee907fd0 00000000
[ 36.358047] 7fa0: 00000000 00000000 2e158000 ee907fc8 c01090d4 c01090d8 60000013 ffffffff
[ 36.366196] [<c010d28c>] (__irq_svc) from [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle+0x4c/0x50)
[ 36.373559] [<c01090d8>] (arch_cpu_idle) from [<c016590c>] (do_idle+0x164/0x1f8)
[ 36.380923] [<c016590c>] (do_idle) from [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry+0x18/0x1c)
[ 36.388462] [<c0165c48>] (cpu_startup_entry) from [<401018cc>] (0x401018cc)
[ 36.395411] ---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: No working init found. Try passing init= option to kernel. See Linux Documentation/admin-guide/init.rst for guidance.
Last edited by GopikaBG on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GopikaBG
ODROIDs: odroid xu4

Post by GopikaBG » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:51 pm

Can you specify how you prepared the sd card.
No of partitions and type,contents in each partitions.
when i tried to boot up the device from sd card.it's showing unrecognized fs type

odroid
Site Admin

Post by odroid » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:53 pm

Return to “General Topics”