Can we port Arduino code into ODROID?

joe232
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: null
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can we port Arduino code into ODROID?

Unread post by joe232 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am

According to this article https://www.deviceplus.com/how-tos/rasp ... pberry-pi/

you can port Arduino code into a Rasberry Pi and run the code on it.

Is it possible to also port the Arduino code into ODROID and is it also possible to use Arduino code to do everything on ODROID as though you are natively programming on ODROID to do something?

tobetter
languages_spoken: Korean, English
ODROIDs: X, X2, U2, U3, XU3, C1

Re: Can we port Arduino code into ODROID?

Unread post by tobetter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am

joe232 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am
According to this article https://www.deviceplus.com/how-tos/rasp ... pberry-pi/

you can port Arduino code into a Rasberry Pi and run the code on it.

Is it possible to also port the Arduino code into ODROID and is it also possible to use Arduino code to do everything on ODROID as though you are natively programming on ODROID to do something?
Interesting thread, I've tried to port whole Arduino code to XU4 last year...unfortunately not a success due to the lack of understanding of software stack. But technically it would be possible to run Arduino on XU4 and can do native programming like PC. Glad to hear someone has the same interesting. :)

joe232
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: null
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Can we port Arduino code into ODROID?

Unread post by joe232 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 am

> I've tried to port whole Arduino code to XU4 last year...unfortunately not a success due to the lack of understanding of software stack.

Thats unfortunate I hope you can one day run Arduino code into ODROID one day.

Do I have to do something complicated each time I want to compile my Aurdunio code for ODROID? Or is it a one time setup then I can compile the code and run it on ODROID?

> But technically it would be possible to run Arduino on XU4 and can do native programming like PC.

But you know ODROID's programming? If I ported Arduino's code over to ODRIOD, then is it as capable of doing whatever you want as compared to doing native ODROID programming if that makes anysense?

> Glad to hear someone has the same interesting. :)

Thanks bro :) I believe that one language should run on any similar devices as I would not want to start over if I wanted to write something for ODROID.

Return to “General Topics”