[GAMES] UltrastarDX (Karaoke similiar to SingStar)

Moderators: meveric, mdrjr, odroid

[GAMES] UltrastarDX (Karaoke similiar to SingStar)

Unread postby v0ltumna » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 pm

UltraStar Deluxe is a free opensource karaoke game which is similar to SingStar games made by Sony.
http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/

I think using the odroid as a karaoke box adds some really cool functionality, I use two wireless SingStar microphones which work great. So here are my steps to get it working (though there is still some strange behavior, perhaps someone has an idea where that comes from?)

1. [Optional but recommended] Compile a version of ffmpeg, which works with ultrastardx
Ultrastardx has customizations for different versions of ffmpeg which is used for playing media. However not all existing versions of ffmpeg worked in my tests, I tried different versions and got different errors when I compiled ultrastardx. After those tests I would recommend v2.1.5. Before you install it, it is a good idea to remove your old version and also some dev packages because otherwise Ultrastar might find false version infos during compilation.
Code: Select all
apt-get remove ffmpeg libavutil-dev libswscale-dev libavcodec-dev libavdevice-dev

Then install your custom version (you might change some parameters in configure to suit your needs beside ultrastardx, if you are on debian you perhaps need to install some dev packages like libmp3lame-dev,libx264-dev, libxvidcore-dev etc.):
wget http://www.ffmpeg.org/releases/ffmpeg-2.1.5.tar.bz2
tar xf ffmpeg-2.1.5.tar.bz2
cd ffmpeg-2.1.5
export CFLAGS="-O3 -D__ARM_NEON__ -fPIC -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mvectorize-with-neon-quad -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mtune=cortex-a9"
export CXXFLAGS="-O3 -D__ARM_NEON__ -fPIC -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -ftree-vectorize -mvectorize-with-neon-quad -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mtune=cortex-a9"
./configure --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libmp3lame --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --prefix=/usr
make -j5
make install

On Debian you might do checkinstall -D.

2. Compile ultrastardx
Ultrastardx is written in Object Pascal so you will need the Free Pascal Compiler and some units for it:
apt-get install fp-compiler fp-units-misc fp-units-base fp-units-math fp-units-fv fp-units-fcl

After that download the latest source of ultrastardx and configure:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/ultrastardx/svn/trunk ultrastardx-svn
cd ultrastar-svn
./configure

Because of a compiler error in fpc it wont simply compile afterwards, you have to remove optimization "-O2" from PFLAGS_RELEASE_DEFAULT in file src/Makefile in line 102.
To get it working with the OpenGl wrapper you need to remove or comment lines 4323 to 4330 in file src/lib/JEDI-SDL/OpenGL/Pas/glext.pas which will look like this:
//   @glCopyTexSubImage3D := SDL_GL_GetProcAddress('glCopyTexSubImage3D');
//   if not Assigned(glCopyTexSubImage3D) then Exit;
//   @glDrawRangeElements := SDL_GL_GetProcAddress('glDrawRangeElements');
//   if not Assigned(glDrawRangeElements) then Exit;
//   @glTexImage3D := SDL_GL_GetProcAddress('glTexImage3D');
//   if not Assigned(glTexImage3D) then Exit;
//   @glTexSubImage3D := SDL_GL_GetProcAddress('glTexSubImage3D');
//   if not Assigned(glTexSubImage3D) then Exit;

Then compile it:
make
make install

On Debian you might do checkinstall -D.

If it gives you errors about the versions of libavutil for example and you installed the ffmpeg version above, just export those versions in environment variables and configure again:
export libavutil_VERSION=52.48.101; export libavcodec_VERSION=55.39.101; export libavformat_VERSION=55.19.104; export libavdevice_VERSION=55.5.100; export libavfilter_VERSION=3.90.100; export libswscale_VERSION=2.5.101; export libswresample_VERSION=0.17.104
./configure

Compiling should be fine then (dont forget to remove the optimization in PFLAGS again).

You may now start ultrastardx, but it will be a bit slow, because opengl has to be emulated by software. But ultrastardx only uses opengl1.2 so the wrapper which is used by several projects of meveric written by lunixbochs from the openpandora community might work.

3. [Strange part] Sounds good so far, but here comes the strange part (at least for my installation). Starting ultrastardx with the wrapper often gives me an error about creating the egl display, but it sometimes works without any change in configuration.

But lets do it step by step: To get the wrapper you have to do the following.
If you have meverics repository:
apt-get install libgl-odroid libglues-odroid

Otherwise compile it yourself:
git clone git://github.com/lunixbochs/glshim
cd glshim
cmake .
make GL

and
git clone git://github.com/lunixbochs/glues
cd glues
cmake .
make

Then copy the dynamic librarys to /usr/local/lib or wherever you want to keep them.

Usually you just have to export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to this folder and start the program. As mentioned above this does not always work, so here is my (strange) start script which needs about 5 to 10 tries, did not find any systematic behavior there up to now. When it runs it is really stable and fast - good game experience for me.

#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
while true
  do
  ultrastardx
  if [ "$?" -ne 0 ]; then
    break
  fi
done

If anyone has some information or ideas about the strange part I would be very interested. At the moment I am pleased with ultrastardx running but as you see there is still some space left for improvements.

For those who are interested: The graphics part of my configuration file config.ini is
[Graphics]
Screens=1
FullScreen=On
Visualization=Off
Resolution=640x480
Depth=16 bit
TextureSize=256
SingWindow=Big
Oscilloscope=Off
Spectrum=Off
Spectrograph=Off
MovieSize=Full [BG+Vid]
VideoPreview=On
VideoEnabled=On
v0ltumna

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: U2, U3

Re: [GAMES] UltrastarDX (Karaoke similiar to SingStar)

Unread postby v0ltumna » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:58 am

Just a small update:
I tried the most recent version (after commit [r3115]) and there are some improvements in the game itself but also for the usage with the odroid. If you use meverics Gamestation Turbo, you dont need to install a custom version of ffmpeg anymore, the actual version on this image works fine as far as I see.

The strange part described in point 3 concerning the error about egl disappeared, i suppose this has nothing to do with ultrastar but with some driver changes, still its worth mentioning.

So from now on just compile the game as it is described in point 2 above, one additional comment on compiling: You may have to install some dev-packages, at least the following
apt-get install libsqlite3-dev portaudio19-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev

After compiling and installing, start ultrastar with
#!/bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
ultrastardx
v0ltumna

Unread postby karlkloss » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Does it run on a C1?
karlkloss

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby v0ltumna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 pm

I can not test it on a C1, but I strongly suppose that it will run. I am not sure about the speed though, because the C1 has a slower CPU. On the U3 it runs really smooth. Another difference could be the resolution settings, which I set to 640x480 on my U3. But as far as I know the C1 doesn't support changing resolutions on the fly, so this has to be set to the resolution you have on your desktop.
v0ltumna

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:56 pm

I've created some .deb packages for this here, i still have some issues with my Debian Wheezy package, but Debian Jessie is already up. So you need for now two package lists active
all/main for the ultrastardx-odroid-data package which is the same for every version and
jessie/main for the ultrastardx-odroid package it already includes glshim, so no extra install necessary.

if you have both repositories in your sources lists you can install it with:
apt-get install ultrastardx-odroid

This means on my ODROID GameStation Turbo image for U2/U3 and X2 this is already working out of the box.
I will see that i can bring it up for Debian Wheezy as well, which should work on most other systems (Ubuntu 12.04 up to 14.04 as well). Ubuntu 15.04 can probably use the Deban Jessie packages.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby v0ltumna » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Great news! Thanks meveric.
v0ltumna

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:20 pm

I was finally able to compile it for Debian Wheezy as well.. but with a lot more dependencies.. mainly cause of my modified version of ffmpeg.
I will test ist later today and if it's working upload it in my repo as well.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby Julius » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Nice, thanks a lot for providing the deb. I guess I will stay on your image after all, seems to work better with my TV also (before I was using a 1200x800 projector).
Julius

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: X2

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:24 pm

First tests with Debian Wheezy package did not work out that well.. Program starts and shows th Loading screen but then hangs at that spot and i need to restart the ODROID.

I'm gonna try a different approach.
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:35 am

Ok, seems it's working now.. means the ultrastardx-odroid package is now also in wheezy/testing and should work on Debian Wheezy and Ubuntu up to 14.04.
You might need certain extra packages from deb-multimedia and/or wheezy-backports depending on the image you're using.
meveric

Unread postby gadgetdoctor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:11 pm

Is it pure xserver dependent or can we also get it to run on fbdev :D ?
gadgetdoctor

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:50 pm

My version is compiled against X11.
And since it's using SDL 1.2 it's probably harder to get it to work under fbdev.
There are only SDL2 patches for Mali fbdev-drivers which have to be compiled in as well.
meveric

Unread postby gadgetdoctor » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:16 pm

hmm ok. thx for the info
gadgetdoctor

Unread postby k4yl0rd » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:24 am

Hi all,
I noticed the thread is quite old, but anyway... I need to convert temporarily my c1 into a karaoke machine for a party.
Is there any updated howto for this? Are these debs still available or maybe, someone created a specific ISO for this ? It would be awesome...

Thanks,
K4y
k4yl0rd

languages_spoken: english, italian
ODROIDs: C1 (with RTL and CEC-enabled)
C2

Unread postby meveric » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:40 am

The .deb files are still available and should work out of the box on my Debian images for ODROID C1.
But other OS (Ubuntu) should be able to use it as well.
meveric

Unread postby mancer » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Ultrastar actually got update last month -> http://ultrastardx.sourceforge.net/usdx-downloads/usdx/

Linux-noob question: Do you guys think it would work on a C2 if installed through SSH on LibreElec?
Not-so-noob question: Do we have any chances of making the official SingStar USB microphone adapter work?
mancer

ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby v0ltumna » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:22 pm

I use wireless singstar microphones without any problem.
I think this is the exact version: http://de.playstation.com/ps3/accessori ... tem154816/
v0ltumna

Return to Games and Emulators