[GAMES] OpenOMF (One Must Fall 2097 remake in SDL)

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

[GAMES] OpenOMF (One Must Fall 2097 remake in SDL)

Unread postby meveric » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:36 pm

OpenOMF is a remake of the old DOS beat 'em up One Must Fall 2097

I really liked the game back then and already beaten up quite alot enemies on the ODROID.

The game is still under development and misses some parts like the tournament mode where you had character progression and could get a robot that you can not get in single player mode (Arcade mode).

Still the game is very nice already and has very nice sounds and music. If you want to play it you can download it from my repository (jessie/main or stretch/main for both armhf and arm64 package list)
Code: Select all
apt-get install openomf-odroid
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Re: [GAMES] OpenOMF (One Must Fall 2097 remake in SDL)

Unread postby monstercamf » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks!

Does this game require the original omf files?
monstercamf

languages_spoken: english, spanish, german?
ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby meveric » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 am

The necessary files are already included.. they were published some time ago so i simply put them into the .deb file as well.
3. Data Files

OpenOMF loads the original data files from the original OMF:2097 game using libShadowDive. Since One Must Fall 2079 is freeware, the files are obtainable for free from http://www.omf2097.com.

On linux in debug mode, the OMF resource files should be put in resources/ subdirectory.

On linux in release mode, the resources should be located in ../share/openomf/. So if your binary is in /usr/local/bin, the resources should be put in /usr/local/share/openomf/. With release or testing packages, the resources should be extracted to /usr/share/openomf/.

On MacOS and windows, the resources should be put into the resources/ subdirectory.

Note! Only BK,AF,PIC,TRN,PSM and DAT files are required, others may be removed to save space.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby meveric » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 am

Update:
The game is now available for Debian Stretch as well both armhf and arm64
meveric

Unread postby mad_ady » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:21 am

Wow, how did I miss this one? Used to play the shareware version as a kid. I'll make time to try it out... Not as bloody as MK. :)
mad_ady

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 am

Sadly there is still no tournament mode which sucks as it is the only way to get the Nova HAR.
Also it's quite satisfying to update your HAR and increase your strength. Really miss that.
meveric

Return to Games and Emulators