[GAMES] Shmupacabra (libGL)

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

[GAMES] Shmupacabra (libGL)

Unread postby meveric » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:03 am

Shmupacabra is a acrade side scroller it's quite nice and offers nice graphics, music and a very demanding gameplay.

you can download and install the game from my repository from the all/testing (armhf) and stretch/main (arm64) package list
Code: Select all
apt-get install shmupacabra-odroid
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Re: [GAMES] Shmupacabra (glshim)

Unread postby petevine » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:11 pm

The deb binary is still functional on a C1 but only when used with glshim master from lunixbochs. Both lunixbochs unstable and ptitseb's fork are no good at the moment.

EDIT:
The current master doesn't have this problem and even takes up the whole screen.
Last edited by petevine on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
A few packages and other useful stuff for Odroid C1 or ARM64. * PyPy for non-SSE2 CPU's anyone?
petevine

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1, MXQ PRO+

Re: [GAMES] Shmupacabra (libGL)

Unread postby meveric » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:55 pm

I've updated the .deb file to include the right version of glshim. So it doesn't matter what version you have installed on the system.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby petevine » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Do you provide a different glshim on a per-package basis? I was only interested in testing the binary and so made it run with my own version.
--
A few packages and other useful stuff for Odroid C1 or ARM64. * PyPy for non-SSE2 CPU's anyone?
petevine

Unread postby meveric » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:25 am

right now i provide the unstable version of lunixbochs as .deb files. It seems to provide all funtions that exists in OpenGL (maybe just as spacers for now).
And since Shumpacabra seems to work only with one specific version it's better to provide it with the package rather than have people switch versions.
I'm also trying out ptitSebs version at the moment.. It's really not that bad :)
Good thing it's working on ODROIDs again.
meveric

Unread postby petevine » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:43 am

Yeah, the current master of the game runs in "fullscreen" thanks to pitSeb's fork. So both projects got better.
Last edited by petevine on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
petevine

Unread postby meveric » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:09 am

the game was always running in fullscreen.. just that it was locked to 800x480 resolution.
the game wasn't updated since april 2014..
meveric

Unread postby petevine » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:18 am

Still there is a visible difference between the two scenarios, have a look:
shmucky.png
This looks like 1280x800
(966.93 KiB) Downloaded 730 times

Whereas before it looked like the res you quoted with no stretching, your screenshots basically.

--
An up-to-date package and other useful stuff built on Ubuntu 14.04 for Odroid C1:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2u6y68rc2m3xkez/AABdAqrU8wmrOq7acHIA6Ckba?dl=0
--
petevine

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:26 am

Update:
Updated the Shmupacabra build for armhf and added new packages for arm64 (ODROID C2) with the above mentioned better screen resolution fix.
Packages are available in jessie/main package list of my repository:
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 pm

Update:
added new packages for Debian Stretch arm64 (ODROID C2/N1)
Packages are available in stretch/main package list of my repository:
meveric

Return to Games and Emulators