[GAMES] yquake2 - Quake2 OpenGL remake (libGL)

Moderators: meveric, mdrjr, odroid

[GAMES] yquake2 - Quake2 OpenGL remake (libGL)

Unread postby meveric » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:20 am

yquake 2 is an opensource Quake 2 remake it even supports multi-player-maches against other players.

Game runs in full speed in 1080p resolution.
Nothing much else to say about it, besides that it's using glshim.

You can download it from my repository using the all/testing package list via:
Code: Select all
apt-get install yquake2-odroid

Have fun and happy fragging ;)

Update:
I've updated yquake2 to its latest version, but also added packages for different expansion packs:
quake2-ctf-odroid - Capture The Flag
yquake2-rogue-odroid - Ground Zero
yquake2-xatrix-odroid - The Reckoning
yquake2-zaero-odroid - Team Evolves Zaero

Please note: make sure to add the required .pak files in /home/<USER>/.yq2/<EXPANSION> folder for the different expansion packs in order to play the games

happy fragging with even more quake goodness
Last edited by meveric on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Re: [GAMES] yquake2 - Quake2 OpenGL remake (libGL)

Unread postby meveric » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:54 am

i forgot to mention there is a high resolution pack for this as well ;)

Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby ulysess » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:46 am

Hi meveric. Thks for all the repo.

I just discover & try to play Quake 2 on ODROID-C1.I Install the .pak files but when I run the game on Ubuntu 14.04.2, I get:

Yamagi Quake II v5.23
=====================

Client build options:
 - SDL2 (using 1.2)
 + CD audio
 + OGG/Vorbis
 + OpenAL audio
 + Zip file support
Platform: Linux
Architecture: Unknown
Byte ordering: little endian

Added packfile '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2/pak0.pak' (3308 files).
Added packfile '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2/pak1.pak' (279 files).
Added packfile '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2/pak2.pak' (2 files).
Using '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2' for writing.
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec yq2.cfg
execing config.cfg
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------
LoadLibrary(libopenal.so.1)
...opening OpenAL device:ok
...creating OpenAL context: ok
...making context current: ok

OpenAL settings:
AL_VENDOR: OpenAL Community
AL_RENDERER: OpenAL Soft
AL_VERSION: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.14
AL_EXTENSIONS: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFTX_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points

Available OpenAL devices:
- AML-M8AUDIO

Current OpenAL device:
- OpenAL Soft

Number of OpenAL sources: 31

Starting Ogg Vorbis.
OGG_LoadPlaylist: could not open playlist: No such file or directory.
No Ogg Vorbis files found.
Shutting down Ogg Vorbis.
Sound sampling rate: 0
------------------------------------

----- refresher initialization -----
Input initialized.

Refresher build options:
 + Retexturing support
 + Gamma via X11
Refresh: Yamagi Quake II OpenGL Refresher
SDL video driver is "x11".
setting mode 4: 640 480
libGL:loaded: libGLESv1_CM.so
libGL: built on Oct 28 2014 22:54:44
libGL:loaded: libEGL.so
libEGL warning: Could not open driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/egl/egl_gallium.so (libOpenVG.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open Mali DRI2 (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
Got 0 bits of stencil.
Using hardware gamma via X11/xRandR.

OpenGL setting:
GL_VENDOR: (null)
GL_RENDERER: (null)
GL_VERSION: 1.4 glshim wrapper
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_logic_op GL_EXT_blend_subtract

=======================================================

Yamagi Quake II crashed! This should not happen...

Make sure that you're using the last version. It can
be found at http://www.yamagi.org/quake2. If you do,
send a bug report to quake2@yamagi.org and include:

- This output
 - The conditions that triggered the crash
 - How to reproduce the crash (if known)
 - The following files. None of them contains private
   data. They're necessary to analyze the backtrace:

- quake2 (the executable / binary)

- game.so (the game.so of the mod you were playing
      when the game crashed. baseq2/game.so for the
      main game)

- Any other data which you think might be usefull

Thank you very much for your help, making Yamagi Quake
II an even better source port. It's much appreciated.

=======================================================

Product:      Yamagi Quake II
Version:      5.23
Plattform:    Linux
Compiler:     4.7.2
Signal:       11

Backtrace:

/usr/local/bin/yquake2: line 2:  1611 Segmentation fault      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ /usr/local/share/yquake2/quake2
Blog about Raspberry Pi, Banana Pi and ODROID: http://misapuntesde.com
PiKISS project, a bunch of scripts with menu to make your life easier for ODROID & RPi here: https://github.com/jmcerrejon/PiKISS
ulysess

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C1

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:20 am

I'll check on it in a little while.. i have an C1 with Ubuntu somewhere around this house.. so i'm gonna check and see what i can find out..
But it's most likely a drivers issue..
meveric

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:46 am

ok, i checked and it's working..
here are some things you should check:

1. make sure you have the latest mali-x11 drivers installed from mdrjrs' repository (seems he got fed up with the mali-egl directory and now replaces the links in /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ directly with the mali drivers... that way it should work)
If the drivers are placed correctly instead of:
OpenGL setting:
GL_VENDOR: (null)
GL_RENDERER: (null)
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_logic_op GL_EXT_blend_subtract

you should see:
OpenGL setting:
GL_VENDOR: ARM
GL_RENDERER: Mali-450 MP

If you see that you are one step closer to victory ;)
If another error pops up saying it can't load a "dll" copy the /usr/local/share/yquake2/baseq2/game.so to /home/odroid/.yq2/base2q/
meveric

Unread postby ulysess » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:59 pm

I didn’t want to ask you, but I can’t find any threat that tell you how to update to latest mali-x11 or check the lastest version.

I update the distro with apt-get dist-upgrade, follow your HOWTO to integrate your repo and I link to the mali driver with ln -sf /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mali-egl/libEGL.so.1 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so, but doesn’t work. I think I’ve installed mali-x11 version 20150113-r4p0-1216b9e-13

:cry:

Thank you
PiKISS project, a bunch of scripts with menu to make your life easier for ODROID & RPi here: https://github.com/jmcerrejon/PiKISS
ulysess

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:38 pm

version 20150113-r4p0-1216b9e-13 looks about right..

can you post the output of:
ls -l /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib*GL*
meveric

Unread postby ulysess » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:44 pm

Of course:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     49 Mar 16 04:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so -> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mali-egl/libEGL.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so.1 -> libEGL.so.1.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     10 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so.1.4 -> libMali.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     17 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so -> libGLESv1_CM.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     19 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so.1 -> libGLESv1_CM.so.1.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     10 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so.1.1 -> libMali.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     14 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so -> libGLESv2.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2 -> libGLESv2.so.2.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     10 Jan 10 10:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2.0 -> libMali.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Jan  9 06:02 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so -> mesa/libGL.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 574448 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so -> libGLU.so.1.3.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so.1 -> libGLU.so.1.3.1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 264128 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so.1.3.1

meveric wrote:version 20150113-r4p0-1216b9e-13 looks about right..

can you post the output of:
ulysess

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm

the first one could be the issue.. try the following commands:
cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
sudo ln -sf libEGL.so.1 libEGL.so

rest looks about right.
meveric

Unread postby ulysess » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:49 pm

great!, that’s do the trick.

Only one note: The resolution is equal to my screen (800p), but the game is in a 640x480 square in the center of the screen. If I change it in video settings, The game exit with the next error:

/usr/local/bin/yquake2: line 2:  1741 Segmentation fault      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ /usr/local/share/yquake2/quake2

meveric wrote:the first one could be the issue.. try the following commands:
cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
sudo ln -sf libEGL.so.1 libEGL.so

rest looks about right.
ulysess

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:09 pm

ulysess wrote:great!, that’s do the trick.

Only one note: The resolution is equal to my screen (800p), but the game is in a 640x480 square in the center of the screen. If I change it in video settings, The game exit with the next error:

yes, sadly tha's common under these kind of applications.. changing resolution or any graphics setting from within the game often results in a crash.

Change the config file instead -> /home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2/config.cfg
change your resolutions and options there and make sure to set gl_mode "-1" to use custom resolution :)
meveric

Unread postby ulysess » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Thank for you effort. Now runs flawlessly!
I hope this error with the library is being fixed in the original Ubuntu image. Anyway, I hear that we’ll have a new R5P0 Mali drivers at the end of the week :D
ulysess

Unread postby Hansg91 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:19 am

Hey meveric,

I can't seem to get it to use the mali driver I believe.. I installed mali400-odroid on my U3 (mali400-odroid_20150320-r5p0-2_armhf.deb), however this is the output of running yquake:

Yamagi Quake II v5.23
=====================

Client build options:
 - SDL2 (using 1.2)
 + CD audio
 + OGG/Vorbis
 + OpenAL audio
 + Zip file support
Platform: Linux

Added packfile '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2/pak0.pak' (3307 files).
Added packfile '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2/pak1.pak' (279 files).
Added packfile '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2/pak2.pak' (2 files).
Using '/home/odroid/.yq2/baseq2' for writing.
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec yq2.cfg
execing config.cfg
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------
LoadLibrary(libopenal.so.1)
...opening OpenAL device:ok
...creating OpenAL context: ok
...making context current: ok

OpenAL settings:
AL_VENDOR: OpenAL Community
AL_RENDERER: OpenAL Soft
AL_VERSION: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.14
AL_EXTENSIONS: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFTX_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points

Available OpenAL devices:
- Built-in Audio Analog Stereo

Current OpenAL device:
- OpenAL Soft

Number of OpenAL sources: 31

Starting Ogg Vorbis.
OGG_LoadPlaylist: could not open playlist: No such file or directory.
No Ogg Vorbis files found.
Shutting down Ogg Vorbis.
Sound sampling rate: 0

----- refresher initialization -----
Input initialized.

Refresher build options:
 + Retexturing support
 + Gamma via X11
Refresh: Yamagi Quake II OpenGL Refresher
SDL video driver is "x11".
setting mode 3: 640 400
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: malformed or no PCI ID
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos
Got 8 bits of stencil.
Using hardware gamma via X11/xRandR.

OpenGL setting:
GL_VENDOR: Mesa Project
GL_RENDERER: Software Rasterizer
GL_VERSION: 2.1 Mesa 10.1.3
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_multitexture GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_point_sprite GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_APPLE_object_purgeable GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge

Probing for OpenGL extensions:
...using GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
...using GL_EXT_point_parameters
...GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette not found
...using GL_ARB_multitexture
...using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
...using GL_ARB_texture_env_combine

-------- game initialization -------
LoadLibrary("game.so")
Game is starting up.
Game is baseq2.

------- server initialization ------
0 entities inhibited.
0 teams with 0 entities.

==== Yamagi Quake II Initialized ====

And the output of

is :

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     11 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so -> libEGL.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so.1 -> libEGL.so.1.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libEGL.so.1.4 -> ../libMali.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     17 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so -> libGLESv1_CM.so.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     19 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so.1 -> libGLESv1_CM.so.1.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv1_CM.so.1.1 -> ../libMali.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     14 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so -> libGLESv2.so.2
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2 -> libGLESv2.so.2.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Mar 21 06:28 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLESv2.so.2.0 -> ../libMali.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     13 Jan  9 06:02 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so -> mesa/libGL.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 574448 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so -> libGLU.so.1.3.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     15 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so.1 -> libGLU.so.1.3.1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 264128 Oct 22  2013 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGLU.so.1.3.1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     20 Mar 13  2014 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libQtOpenGL.so.4 -> libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     20 Mar 13  2014 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libQtOpenGL.so.4.8 -> libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.6
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 393216 Mar 13  2014 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.6
Hansg91

ODROIDs: ODROID U2
ODROID U3
ODROID C1

Unread postby meveric » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:16 pm

are you starting quake2 over the icon from the menu or via console?
I don't see any glshim calls there.. do you have libgl-odroid installed as well?
Can you check:
ls -l /usr/local/lib/lib*GL*
meveric

Unread postby Hansg91 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:55 am

Hmm don't know where it went wrong but it is using the correct glshim libGL now.. thanks for your work :)
Hansg91

ODROIDs: ODROID U2
ODROID U3
ODROID C1

Unread postby meveric » Thu May 07, 2015 2:16 am

Update:
I've updated yquake2 to its latest version, but also added packages for different expansion packs:
quake2-ctf-odroid - Capture The Flag
yquake2-rogue-odroid - Ground Zero
yquake2-xatrix-odroid - The Reckoning
yquake2-zaero-odroid - Team Evolves Zaero

Please note: make sure to add the required .pak files in /home/<USER>/.yq2/<EXPANSION> folder for the different expansion packs in order to play the games

happy fragging with even more quake goodness
meveric

Unread postby Jojo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi meveric (and all others),

As described in my mistakenly created thread http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=13966 I had some problems with the screen resolition, which was not changeable, because there was no config.cfg file.

This has been solved by just uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. After the first start via the panel menu entry the config file and some others have been created and the settings seem to work fine.

BUT: the game does not run as fluently as I expected. Especially in situations with more graphic effects (explosions, light effects, etc.) the frame rate is dropping heaviely. Is this a known issue?
How could this be solved and which information do you need if you like to help me?

Thanks a lot!

Jojo
How to ask questions the smart way:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Jojo

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C1, C2

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:47 pm

The game was written for OpenGL but ODROIDs do not support OpenGL only OpenGL ES. For this game i use something called "glshim" which is a wrapper for OpenGL -> OpenGL ES which allows you to transform SOME OpenGL calls to OpenGL ES calls and emulates some others. Sadly this is just a hack/workaround and only works for OpenGL 1.x functions.
Still it works with this game. Sadly this means it's not as fast as OpenGL (although pretty good) and some "expensive" OpenGL functions can be a little slow..
You should check CPU usage while playing.. If the game needs to emulate a lot of things this is done by the CPU which is rather slow on the C1 compared to the other ODROID devices from HardKernel.
meveric

Unread postby Jojo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:05 pm

Hi meveric,

thank you for the description! I don't care about framedrops anymore :) . I am just happy to have this cool game running on my tiny C1 and I am glad that there are people out there with knowledge and time to port our beloved "good ol' times" games :mrgreen: . This is an amazing effort *thumbs up* !

Greetings
Jojo

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Update:

I've just updated yquake 2 and the addons to their newest version:
yquake2-odroid - Quake 2 base game -> update to version 5.34
yquake2-ctf-odroid - Capture The Flag -> update to version 1.04
yquake2-rogue-odroid - Ground Zero -> update to version 2.03
yquake2-xatrix-odroid - The Reckoning -> update to version 2.04
yquake2-zaero-odroid - Team Evolves Zaero - no update

besides that I added BATCH mode to the GLshim call of the games, which gives a nice performance boost.

I also ported all parts to the ODROID C2 (arm64) in the latest version but on the C2 the BATCH mode has some graphical glitches, which is why I do not use it at the moment.
The C2 packages can be installed from jessie/main package list.

Happy fragging ;)
meveric

Unread postby Jojo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:21 pm

Hi meveric,

just a feedback: I installed yq2 on my C1 with your OGST image (upgraded to *-104) and it runs perfectly!
One sidenote: the particle size was set to 40, which resulted in absurd large "flies" (squares) over the dead bodies and the enemies completely disappeared behind a huge "blob" of smoke and blood when shooting at them. I changed the min_particle_size to 1, max_particle_size to 4 and the particle_size (whatever this is) to 2. This looks much better ;) .

Greetings!
Jojo

Unread postby meveric » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 pm

Jojo wrote:Hi meveric,

just a feedback: I installed yq2 on my C1 with your OGST image (upgraded to *-104) and it runs perfectly!
One sidenote: the particle size was set to 40, which resulted in absurd large "flies" (squares) over the dead bodies and the enemies completely disappeared behind a huge "blob" of smoke and blood when shooting at them. I changed the min_particle_size to 1, max_particle_size to 4 and the particle_size (whatever this is) to 2. This looks much better ;) .

Greetings!

Thanks for the Info, that would explain some issues that I saw :)
The new packages use LIBGL_BATCH mode which increases performance a lot.
meveric

Return to Games and Emulators