Gamesir G3s

Moderators: meveric, mdrjr, odroid

Gamesir G3s

Unread postby joeyjohnson » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:07 am

Before asking this question, I did a search for Gamesir and not much came up.

I have the controller setup up as a xbox 360 controller (x mode on the lights) and I am running retropie 4.3.12.
Whenever I start a game (not all systems) psx, dreamcast, n64, genesis and a few others, the game loads and it shows xbox360 controller configured. When the game starts, none of the buttons work. I have to change modes to android and then back to xbox mode and then everything works. When running on wireless I have to turn off the controller and then back on in a different mode then off again and back to x mode. When plugged into usb, I can just change mode and back again without powering off. Hot key is enable and everything then works.
Has anyone seen or heard of this issue?
Thanks
Joey

p.s. I have attached my es_input.cfg file if anyone wants to look at it.
Attachments
es_input.rar
(426 Bytes) Downloaded 6 times
joeyjohnson

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Xu4

Re: Gamesir G3s

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:32 am

es_input.cfg has nothing to do with retroarch.. whatever is configured on EmulationStation is for EmulationStation only and will not be used in ANY emulator.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby joeyjohnson » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:59 am

meveric wrote:es_input.cfg has nothing to do with retroarch.. whatever is configured on EmulationStation is for EmulationStation only and will not be used in ANY emulator.

I understand that. Emulation Station settings are sent to retroarch correct? Do I need to edit the retroarch.cfg file?

Thanks
Joey
joeyjohnson

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:05 am

joeyjohnson wrote:I understand that.

Apparently you do not. As your next sentence is the opposite of what I just said.

joeyjohnson wrote:Emulation Station settings are sent to retroarch correct?

No they are not... EmulationStation is just a frontend to start emulators.. it has nothing to do with retroarch, it does not share configs or button mappings.
The entire mapping from EmulationStation is just fake and most of the buttons you set up aren't even used at all.

joeyjohnson wrote:Do I need to edit the retroarch.cfg file?

Rather than editing retroarch.cfg manually you should open the menu and do a button mapping from inside retroarch.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby joeyjohnson » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:09 am

Ok, went into Retroarch menu and setup the controller in input.
It now shows xbox360 pad as a retroarch controller.
Tested it and it does the same thing. Works once but after you exit and chose another game (psx to psx), have to do the change mode etc.
I pulled out an old Saitek usb rumble stick and ran the same setup. it works 100% game to game. Can it be something with Gamesir with Retroarch?

Joey
joeyjohnson

Return to Games and Emulators