[GAMES] World of Padman

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

[GAMES] World of Padman

Unread post by meveric » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:17 pm

World of Padman

Is a clone of Quake 3 Arena but using it's own graphics and maps and basicly everything when it come to content.

You play the game as bugs which makes it feel like being in a Toy Story game. It very fun to play, more colorful then OpenArena and offers some nice features.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhaOJsksHGE[/youtube]

Install:
Since this package has barely any requirements at all, I moved it to the all/main package list.
The game should run on all Ubuntu and Debian versions.
You can install it with:

Code: Select all

apt-get install wop-odroid
The datafiles are already included in a separate wop-data package, which will be downloaded as well. (please note: this package is rather big nearly 1GB in size)
Last edited by meveric on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

robroy
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2

Re: [GAMES] World of Padman

Unread post by robroy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:52 pm

I was playing this all day yesterday! I jumped onto a public Padman server that constantly run games.

Nice smooth graphics, rock guitar music, and fun gameplay.

Thank you, @meveric :D
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread post by meveric » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:55 am

Update:
I've completely updated the packages, and also moved it again.
Since this package has barely any requirements at all, I moved it to the all/main package list.
The game should run on all Ubuntu and Debian versions.
You can install it with:

Code: Select all

apt-get install wop-odroid
The datafiles are already included in a separate wop-data package, which will be downloaded as well. (please note: this package is rather big nearly 1GB in size)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Evon05
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODROID-C2

Unread post by Evon05 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:02 pm

A lovely game with insane details hidden everywhere, even in plain sight :) Bots perform better than in usual Quake3 forks. Suited for kids as well, no blood, no gore, just colorful and friendly.

meveric

Unread post by meveric » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:11 am

Don't forget the tons of online server for multiplayer action :)

Return to “Games and Emulators”