[GUIDE] Installing EmulationStation

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Re: [GUIDE] Installing EmulationStation

Post by meveric »

EmulationStation is not an Emulator
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

AayMajjy
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AayMajjy »

its a work in progress. I just like it cause it has a much nicer layout... ill see what I can do to make it run a little smoother

AayMajjy

Post by AayMajjy »

sergio-br2 wrote:
Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:29 am
I'm trying to run the latest stable version from git, but ES is too slow. I built it with:

Code: Select all

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr .
make PREFIX=/usr install
But I'm getting this:

emulationstation 
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: malformed or no PCI ID
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos
So I instaled libgl and libglue from meveric repo, and then:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
emulationstation 
libGL:loaded: libGLESv1_CM.so
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryDrawable not found.
libGL: built on Oct 28 2014 22:54:44
libGL:loaded: libEGL.so
libEGL warning: failed to create a pipe screen for armsoc
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open armsoc (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
ERROR: EGL Error detected: EGL_BAD_ALLOC (0x3003)
glXGetProcAddress: glXQueryDrawable not found.
ERROR: EGL Error detected: EGL_BAD_ALLOC (0x3003)
So, what's the magic to get ES working? meveric, what you did with this. package? Is it old? Because it ask some unmet dependencies like libboost-system1.49.0, in ubuntu 14.04 it uses libboost-system1.54.

PS: I had to do:

cd /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl/
sudo ln -f -r -s libOpenVG.so.1 ../
Like in this bug report, libOpenVG.so.1 is missing from /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/
So The package has a version on it 2.0.0-rc1 check your git from when that is.. it's probably a couple of months old.. haven't put much effort in this package since i prefer Rom Collection Browser

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Post by meveric »

EmulationStation is now maintained by RetroPie crew and is getting regular updates.
So it's rather easy to build and get to work in SBCs.
There are also pre-build packages in my Debian repositories.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Jimmy Logan
ODROIDs: 1

Post by Jimmy Logan »

woo hoo superb share!!!

Return to “Games and Emulators”