[EMULATOR] Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator)

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

[EMULATOR] Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator)

Unread post by meveric » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Hatari is an Emulator for Atari ST/STE/TT and Falcon PCs.

A lot of games I got already to work, like Turrican II:

But, I haven't had the time to test all systems yet, and there's a lot you can configure here and I'm not an Atari "professional", so I can barely test it all.

The Emulator requires a BIOS file called tos.img which should be placed in a folder called .hatari in the homefolder of your user.
There's project called emutos that creates a opensource replacement of tos.img which can be used instead of the original tos.img file.
You can find it under: http://emutos.sourceforge.net/en/

The emulator is available in my repository (jessie/main and stretch/main package list) for both armhf and arm64 and can be installed with:

Code: Select all

apt-get install hatari-odroid
Feel free to give feedback on what is working and what doesn't, and have fun with this very nice emulator.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

meveric
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Re: [EMULATOR] Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator)

Unread post by meveric » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:46 am

Update:
Now also available for Debian Stretch (both armhf and arm64) in the new version 2.1.0 realease.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

meveric

Re: [EMULATOR] Hatari (Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon emulator)

Unread post by meveric » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:27 pm

Update:
Updated to latest development version (still named 2.2.1) check releases notes for more details.
The emulator is now available for Debian Jessie (armhf only), Debian Stretch (both armhf and arm64) and Debian Buster (both armhf and arm64)

Debian Jessie suffers from some flickering on the sides (letterboxes) where the background can be seen, but the game screen is fine.

The paths of the hatari folder was changed from /home/<USER>/.hatari to /home/<USER>/.config/hatari

Return to “Games and Emulators”