[GAMES] GZDoom (libGL)

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

[GAMES] GZDoom (libGL)

Unread postby meveric » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:34 am

GZDoom is a successor of ZDoom an engine that supports all kinds of IdTech 1 Engine games such as Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Chex Quest, and many fan based games.

It uses modern techniques such as SDL2 and OpenGL to enhance the experience and improve existing aspects of the game.

This game is my first releases that relies on the new OpenGL 2.0 -> OpenGL ES 2.0 engine from @ptitSeb to support shaders.
Without the game would only run in software renderer and be a lot slower and offer a lot less features.

Image Image

Thanks to a very active community many user made games are available here as well.

Just recently Castlevania Simon's Destiny was released

Image Image

But there are many many more games available.

You can install the game from my repository for Debian Jessie or Debian Stretch for both armhf and arm64 by using the command:
Code: Select all
apt-get install gzdoom-odroid

The game files need to be placed under ~/.config/gzdoom/ either as *.wad or *.ipk3 (maybe other formats as well).
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Re: [GAMES] GZDoom (libGL)

Unread postby Jojo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 am

That sounds awesome! I'll definitely give it a try :) . I've got a bunch of these good ol' ID games around here, so I'll have plently to do ;) !

Thanks for your effort!
How to ask questions the smart way:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Jojo

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2, HC1, HC2, VU8C

Unread postby Jojo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Dammit, I am doing it wrong somehow o_O . I've put three *.WAD files into the ~/.config/gzdoom directory: doom2.wad, heretic.wad and darkwar.wad (which is "ROTT", I think). But when I start gzdoom (either via the menu or by console command gzdoom_start), I don't get this dialog box to choose one of these games. Instead Doom 2 starts every time automatically. What am I doing wrong?!

BTW: I've read, that the source code of ROTT has been released many year ago. Do you know of any projects that aim for making it work on ARMs?

Greetings
How to ask questions the smart way:
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Jojo

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: C1, C1+, C2, HC1, HC2, VU8C

Unread postby meveric » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:29 pm

I suggest deleteing the gzdoom.ini file or look if something is in there that chooses doom2 by default.

Yes ROTT is available as standalone game and should work nicely under ARM. Up to now I never bothered compiling it though, although I even think I DID compile it some time ago, just never released it. :D
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby DonaldSilverburgh » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:12 pm

This is so cool. I am so thankful to the group. Two days ago I was thinking to play DOOM and BAM!! Am I lucky or what??
Ok GZDOOM It was a bit irritating at first, kz it was not starting properly like it was not loading the application. But that was due to my Windows issue(proabably .dll issues) But then, it works like a charm :ugeek: :ugeek:
DonaldSilverburgh

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: VU8 Tablet Case

Unread postby XD3l » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 am

@meveric Thank you very very very much!!!!

EDIT: I just noticed this runs very slowly at random.

@ Jojo I just put my iWAD files in: /usr/share/games/doom/
XD3l

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4

Return to Games and Emulators