[GAMES] Minecraft client (libGL)

Unread postby ptitSeb » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:34 pm

Mincraft client, as feature in the July/2016 edition of ODroid magasin

https://youtu.be/T0sy_w-ZLxA
To install, simply
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install minecraft-odroid

and enjoy...
Last edited by ptitSeb on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ptitSeb

languages_spoken: english, french

Re: [GAMES] Minecraft client (libGL)

Unread postby linuxgnuru » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:16 pm

what repository do you have to add?

Code: Select all
odroid@odroid-xu4:~$ sudo apt-get install minecraft-odroid
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package minecraft-odroid
odroid@odroid-xu4:~$
linuxgnuru

languages_spoken: english,swahili
ODROIDs: XU4, C2, vu7+

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:00 pm

my repository all/main package list viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5908&p=47148
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby pichu123 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:31 pm

I'm thinking about buying a U2 from Ameridroid (recertified.) Will this work for it? I think that the U2 is 32-bit
pichu123

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid c2

Unread postby meveric » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Generally it will work, but it's hard to tell what the performance will be like, it's a rather demanding game.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby linuxgnuru » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:09 am

is it the game that makes it demanding or that it's java? Would a native C++ port of minecraft run better? (if such a thing were even doable)
linuxgnuru

languages_spoken: english,swahili
ODROIDs: XU4, C2, vu7+

Unread postby meveric » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:34 am

both.. the game uses OpenGL and uses Java to run it.. OpenGL is not supported by ODROIDs and we need to use a wrapper for OpenGL to OpenGL ES but that wrapper can only use some OpenGL 1.x functions, while the game would rather have OpenGL 2.x which we don't support.

There are some "similar" games like "freeminer" which are C based and use Irrlicht engine as a renderer, these games run much better, since Irrlicht also exists for OpenGL ES. So we have native OpenGL ES support.
BUT these games are remakes, and you can't play on the original servers.
meveric

Unread postby nightengale » Tue May 16, 2017 12:31 pm

I am really sorry for being dense here, but just trying to get Minecraft installed on an odroid XU4. Do I need to add the entire list of repositories or just the first one? Am thinking I somehow fragged my system and need to reimage because tons of errors when I try to apt-get Minecraft.
nightengale

Unread postby meveric » Tue May 16, 2017 2:23 pm

only the all/main repository is needed for this.
meveric

Unread postby nightengale » Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 am

Thanks for the reply and for all of your work on this. Managed to get it running but now can't figure out how to install the OptiFine mod for 1.9.4 -- MagicLauncher .jar to install the mod opens to a grey box. Have no clue what I may be doing wrong.
nightengale

Return to Games and Emulators