ODROID-SHOW useful application examples and tips

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

ODROID-SHOW useful application examples and tips

Unread postby AreaScout » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:04 am

Hi all

First attempts:

After creating a new ODROID Logo in June, i got some new Hardware from Hardkernel which one of it was the ODROID-SHOW2 + Weather-Board, after accidently building the weather board sketch for the wrong board and flashing the binary + bootloader on the Atmel328p, the outcome was that the board was unusable :o, some investigations later i found that the Arduino IDE has a tool option for it to recover the bootloader with ISP ( In-System-Programming or In-Circuit-Programming )
under Tools i had to set this options Tools->Programmer: "Arduino as ISP"->Arduino as ISP but you need another Arduino board for it to flash the bootloader, lucky me i had more then one Arduino boards, so i quickly connected my Arduino Nano V3.1 to USB, loaded the ArduinoISP Sketch under Examples build and uploaded it to the device, then i had to connect the two boards together using this schematics ( link below ) the ODROID-SHOW2 has that 6 Pin Connector for it and on the Nano V3.1 side i had to ask google for the SPI signals connectors, after clicking on Tools->Burn Bootloader ( be sure the target device is set correctly ) my ODROID-SHOW2 was resurrected :)

Second attempts:

After a long break i did a PCB Development with EAGLE, it is a GPS sensor board project driven by an Atmel Chip and used for RC drones in combine with an ODROID-C2 as a flight controller, so i came back to use the ODROID-SHOW2 as an programming device for the ESC to configure the bl-motors, i found an useful GFX Library for the ILI9341 which has touchscreen and can drive the LCD 10 times faster ( on Arduino Due ) but works with ILI9340 used in ODROID-SHOW too ( i had to modify the source code a little bit ), this library gives you some ideas how to use ODROID-SHOW for different projects and has some upsides to the original library like an example to use it as a watch.
My project is not finished yet but a video on how the modified library is running on ODROID-SHOW + some links i.e an device scanner to scan devices that are connected via i2c are below. In the video i use a self written programming software to quickly upload some pre-build projects.

The GFX library + examples, PWM LED Backlight has to be activated to show something:
https://github.com/marekburiak/ILI9341_due

i2c device scanner:
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/I2cScanner

Use Arduino as ISP Programmer:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP

P.S. Sorry for the camera shake, the tablet is very sensitive when it comes to that

AreaScout

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: X2, U3, XU3, C2

Re: ODROID-SHOW useful application examples and tips

Unread postby odroid » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:11 am

Thank you for sharing a nice video.
I love the loading animation and graphics demo.

BTW, which software did you use to upload the firmware?
It looks very nice since it also has a serial console terminal feature.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby AreaScout » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi odroid

i have written the software in MFC C++, previously i used it only to program or upload firmware settings to SiLab Chips using an firmware on Arduino to act as a programmer, but it became very handy to use it also for all other Arduino projects, i compiled avrdude with mingw and did some slightly modifications to use libavrdude and linked the library static to my project, i have not spread it to the public yet.

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby odroid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 am

Oh! You made your own development software. :o
Very nice indeed.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby AreaScout » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 pm

odroid wrote:Oh! You made your own development software. :o
Very nice indeed.

thank you, i have a improvement suggestion, if there will be an ODROID-SHOW3 please use the ILI9341 with touchscreen support and make some pin headers for pin D0 and D1 aka RX/TX, that would be cool !

RG
AreaScout

Return to SHOW