Squeezeplug install on U3 problem

Moderators: odroid, mdrjr

Squeezeplug install on U3 problem

Unread postby crt » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:26 am

First, I am not Linux savvy, which made Max2Play an attractive option for LMS functionality on my new Odroid U3. I also acquired a C1, which works perfectly with the Max2Play image but I have experienced many glitches with the U3. The C1 has a little latency which I am hoping will not be present on the Max2Play U3 if I can get it functioning correctly.

I have burned the U3 Max2Play image on a 8GB eMMC and followed the installation directions. After much experimenting, there may be a problem with the USB functionality. I am using an external USB drive which contains a library of >200GBs of FLAC files. The only peripheral connected is the USB drive and I am using the Odroid power supply. Out of three USB drives tried, the only one that connects reliably is a 16GB USB 3.0 flash drive (too small for my library). The other two were independently powered drives, one with a USB 2.0 and the other with a 3.0 . One never connects while the other connects, completes an initial library scan and then disappears.

Since there are many reports of people with large libraries running Max2Play successfully on the U3, I am wondering if there is an issue with the board itself, which I purchased from the USA distributor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
crt

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1, U3

Return to General Chat