Odroid-u2 uptime 1 year and 46 days today!

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Odroid-u2 uptime 1 year and 46 days today!

Unread postby Raymond Day » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:22 am

This is something I never seen any computer I have up for more then a year. This Odroid-u2 I have is on a battery backup. When the battery goes bad it my turn off the power that's how some battery back up's are even though still have AC they turn off all plug in it.

I have 2 3TB WD green hard drives on it. Here is a screen of the RPi-Monitor on it.

Odroid-U2 uptime over 1 year.jpg
Odroid-U2 uptime over 1 year.jpg (101.77 KiB) Viewed 102 times

Do they make battery backup's were you can change the battery as AD power is still going?

This says how good Odroid units are. This has a old Ubuntu on it so it never has any updates. So have not rebooted it. Others have to because of kernel updates.

-Raymond Day
Raymond Day

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2, XU4, C1+,

Re: Odroid-u2 uptime 1 year and 46 days today!

Unread postby meveric » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:51 am

Raymond Day wrote:Do they make battery backup's were you can change the battery as AD power is still going?

Server UPS can do that. I just did that a couple of weeks ago, replaced a 40 pounds battery while the UPS was still running and the servers connected to the UPS.
Looks something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaktnx7xVS4
(they also come in smaller sizes, so its not a must have to replace a 40 pounds one :D)

Raymond Day wrote:This says how good Odroid units are. This has a old Ubuntu on it so it never has any updates. So have not rebooted it. Others have to because of kernel updates.

-Raymond Day

I can confirm this.. I have an ODROID U3 from 2014 which runs nearly 24/7 and which I used up to last year to build nearly all my .deb files on it. It never failed.
These things are really well build and the Exynos 4 series was build to last it seems :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Unread postby memeka » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:37 am

meveric wrote:These things are really well build and the Exynos 4 series was build to last it seems :)

too bad they were not build for mainline :)
i know most things work on mainline, but ... not all things work :)
memeka

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby meveric » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Well considering that there are even MESA OpenGL drivers into the making. It's not so unlikely that Mainline will work fine at some point.
In fact I'm not even sure what does not work. There are even Ubuntu 18.04 images with mainline Kernel available for the Exynos 4 series.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go

Return to General Chat