how should i start - mame

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

how should i start - mame

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Hello,
i give up ... i dont know how to start...
I read about some emulationstation, retropie, libretro... i just want to start some mame roms,
there is some compilation for xu4, c2, c1... nothing for u3 i know it is old stuff but i dont use it so much so i think that i can additionally start from time to time some mames rom.

I was trying to compile retropie - but it miss mali-fbdev packge, compiling emulationstation give some problems with libgles
From what should i start?
I am using ubuntu 14.04.5 lts, kernel 3.8.13.30.
bpbiszkopt

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: how should i start - mame

Unread postby odroid » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Try this great OGST image on your U3 board.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2684
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Yes, i read about it...but this is a full image. Earlier i have installed debian and i have some problems with it,
so i came back to ubuntu. Is there possibility to install gamestation on ubuntu with full functionality ?
bpbiszkopt

Unread postby meveric » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

bpbiszkopt wrote:Earlier i have installed debian and i have some problems with it

What problems did you have with Debian? What version of Debian die you try?
bpbiszkopt wrote:Is there possibility to install gamestation on ubuntu with full functionality ?

No it's not, I build my software for Debian not Ubuntu and you certainly will miss drivers here and there.

If you use my Debian Jessie image for the U3 you should be able to install what is needed manually.
Still you will miss all the configurations and have to set that up yourself (that's why there is a full image where everything is already set up).

If you use Debian, you should install a Desktop (use setup-odroid for that), it won't work without the Desktop.
Then you need a minimum of retroarch-odroid and one of the libretro-mame or libretro-fba packages.

I'd still suggest using the OGST image, as it's already preconfigured.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks for answer maveric, im really impressed your work.
I wrote you about my problems in debian topic, maybe not so big but annoying, reboot isn't working, from time to time odroid wasn't shutdown....

So closing this topic, probably i will give debian second chance.
bpbiszkopt

Return to General Chat