About OpenGL in python

maatong
languages_spoken: english
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

About OpenGL in python

Unread post by maatong » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:17 am

Hi there:
I now need to use odroid u3 to write a program to display some 3D plots on PyQt/PySide widgets.
And I tried to install PyOpenGL on this board, and when I tried some examples, the system give me these error information:

Code: Select all

libGl error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGl error: driver pointer missing
libGl error: failed to load driver: exynos
So how can I install that driver?
And I searched online, some websites told me that odroid u3 doesn't support opengl, it only supports opengl-es, is that true?

Thank you.

Yini

robroy
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2

Re: About OpenGL in python

Unread post by robroy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:31 am

odroid u3 doesn't support opengl, it only supports opengl-es, is that true?
Yes. Supposedly the "glshim" application (https://github.com/lunixbochs/glshim) can be used, but I haven't seen any actual reports of success yet.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

maatong

Unread post by maatong » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:33 am

Hi Rob:
Thank you for your reply.
And how about rpigl or other 3d libraries that can run on raspberry pi, can I run them on odroid u3?
Or is there any python 3D library that developed for odroid u3?
Thanks.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Unread post by meveric » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:35 am

if rpigl is liked only against GLESv1_CM or GLESv2 it might work.. if it's linked against bcmhost or other RPi only libraries you won't have much luck.

besides a few people that work on the Kernel, or on XBMC and MFC you won't find much developers for the board. You won't find much publishing work here. Most people just setup servers or run Android apps.
I doubt there are much people that would be able to program anything OpenGL ES related directly for the ODROID like you can see on other communities such as RPi or OpenPandora.

There is one exception.. Retroarch actually has some support for ODROID devices, which require very special Kernel drivers and can't be used for anything else, that was actually a development directly made for the ODROID Community.. sadly it's useless when you want to run anything else besides Retroarch.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

maatong

Unread post by maatong » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:51 am

meveric wrote:if rpigl is liked only against GLESv1_CM or GLESv2 it might work.. if it's linked against bcmhost or other RPi only libraries you won't have much luck.

besides a few people that work on the Kernel, or on XBMC and MFC you won't find much developers for the board. You won't find much publishing work here. Most people just setup servers or run Android apps.
I doubt there are much people that would be able to program anything OpenGL ES related directly for the ODROID like you can see on other communities such as RPi or OpenPandora.

There is one exception.. Retroarch actually has some support for ODROID devices, which require very special Kernel drivers and can't be used for anything else, that was actually a development directly made for the ODROID Community.. sadly it's useless when you want to run anything else besides Retroarch.
Ho meveric:
Thanks for the reply.
And I choose this board because it's faster than raspberry pi, but like you said, the support documents are really hard to find.
I found a opengl es 2.0 python binding called pogles 1.0, so far it seems like successfully installed, I'll try to see if it works for u3.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Unread post by meveric » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:45 pm

i just checked on pogles... it's looking good so far and what i can see.. just make sure to use X11 EGL and you should be good to go :)
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

maatong

Unread post by maatong » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:00 am

meveric wrote:i just checked on pogles... it's looking good so far and what i can see.. just make sure to use X11 EGL and you should be good to go :)
I'm trying pogles,and when I tried to run an example on it.
The program seemed run well, but after I tried to close the windows, there is an error information read:

Code: Select all

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
   Major opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
   Resource id in failed request: 0x2200001
Does it mean that it doesn't work on X11 EGL?

Thanks.

Return to “Issues”