/proc/asound/cardsonly built-in audio is listed.
- HardKernel 3.8 kernel (same issue with vanilla 4.14.15)
- Debian Stretch (upgraded from Jessie)
- Pulseaudio 10 and Kodi Kripton from Debian (don't think it matters, here)
- Use different
- Change HDMI port
- Connect directly to TV vs. through AVR (Onkyo HT-S3800 -> I need HDMI pass-though...)
- Buy new HDMI cable
- Re-enable HDMI EDID in TV through service menu (Samsung UE32EH5300)
- Search a solution over internet (starting here)
Strange thing: it worked in the past (when I did not needed it), although not in a consistent way.
Stranger thing: it worked recently even if no HDMI audio was available! I guess that clearing
.config/pulsedirectory made me lost this opportunity. BTW, even so it was not possible to configure passthrough, the device not being present in sound configuration panel.
Any advice? Thanks!