Current issues on earphone jack?

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Current issues on earphone jack?

Unread postby T_X » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi there,

Within the last couple of weeks my Odroid U3 behaved weird... not to say scary.

I've updated my Odroid with an extra external battery power pack for powering USB devices (Anker Astro Pro) and added a 3m extension cord for the audio jack of the Odroid.

Since about then I'm having the following two issues:

I had to quickly pull out the earphones recently as I got a quick twinge in my right ear. I waited a few seconds, put it in again and the same twinge came and built up again. I'm wondering whether I was lucky that the Anker was just connected to a 12V battery + solar power and not the 230V grid at that moment. The missing CE marking for Odroid U3 makes me a little nervous in that regard.

Two days ago I was able to crash the Odroid by connecting the headphones to the extension cord. The extension cord was already attached to the Odroid and so was the Anker to the 230V power supply (12V battery was running low, so had to connect it to the 230V grid).

Does any of this make sense? Might there be some electric safety measures missing for the Odroid U3? Or might I simply go nuts :)?

Cheers, T_X
T_X

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Odroid U3

Re: Current issues on earphone jack?

Unread postby odroid » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:38 am

The U3 got the CE & FCC certification.
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=3619

Is there something wrong on the grounding path between your power pack and solor cell?
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: Current issues on earphone jack?

Unread postby rymonsandy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:51 pm

When I plug my headphones in the usb connection on my Zoom R8 interface disappears. It records fine if headphones not plugged in. Cannot record vocals only with the phones being plugged in. Any help please!
rymonsandy

languages_spoken: english

Return to Issues