Download the image here:
http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 101.img.xz
European mirror by @traxo:
Want to build a set-top box with XBMC?
Use the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Pocket Rocket image instead, with hardware-accelerated XBMC 13: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=125 or the Ubuntu 13.04 Dream Machine image with hardware-accelerated XBMC 12.2: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1335.
Applications: Firefox, Chromium, Xine, XBMC, Gimp, Mednafen, Transmission, Filezilla and Oracle JDK 8.
X11 environments: Gnome, Lubuntu (LXDE), Kubuntu (KDE), Blackbox, Openbox, Fluxbox, Unity and Xubuntu (XFCE).
You can switch environments using the circular icon next to the username on the login screen after logging out of Ubuntu. I recommend KDE Plasma Workspace for its hardware-accelerated visual effects.
If you enjoy my contributions to the Hard Kernel community, please consider donating an amount of your choice via the link in my signature.
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
- 1. Resize the "rootfs" partition to fit your SD card. This is best done on another Linux system using the GParted utility.
2. Set your time zone using System Settings -> Time & Date.
3. Set your language using System Settings -> Language Settings.
4. Set your username and password using System Settings -> User Accounts.
- 1. Includes kernel 3.0.75, rebuilt to include 24bpp color depth and joystick support.
2. The Mali 3D EGL and GLES2 drivers are also installed, and ffmpeg has NEON and multi-threading enabled.
3. To overclock to 1.92GHz, type "sudo gedit /etc/rc.local" in Terminal and remove the "#" from the beginning of the line that starts with "echo 1920000".
4. Firefox has the IcedTea7 plugin installed for Java browser applets, and uses the built-in HTML5 player which is not compatible with Flash. Chromium has the Pepper Flash plugin installed for viewing Flash videos. Both Chromium and Firefox have the Adblock Plus add-on. The default browser is Firefox.
5. All upgrades and updates have been run using aptitude, apt-get and synaptic.
6. All orphaned and obsolete packages have been purged, including the original kernel.
7. Lots of quality-of-life tweaks, such as setting folder preferences to List View, removing the Battery icon from the Status bar, setting the Chromium and Firefox preferences to their highest privacy settings, and installing wallpapers (/usr/share/wallpapers).
- Official HK Kernel 3.0.75 (commit 79dc7322f487f8664481874bf68daf2554b5fc46 )
Oracle JDK 8 September 2013
Joystick support for most controllers, including Xbox 360, Wiimote and PS3 (more here: http://www.winko-erades.nl/index.php?op ... se-the-wii)
Kernel swap script to allowing booting from a single MicroSD shared between a U2 and an X2 (more here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1222)
Virtual Memory support to extend your Odroid's memory above 2GB (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-add- ... ile-howto/)
Mednafen 0.9 multi-platform emulator by @meveric (more here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1096)
Optimized ffmpeg (more here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 08&p=14917)
Kwin GLES hardware-accelerated window manager for KDE Plasma Workspace
Samba file sharing server
- To boot directly to the most recently used desktop environment, type "sudo /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-set-defaults --autologin linaro" in Terminal, which bypasses the login screen.
More Odroid software by @meveric is available here: http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/repository