OpenELEC for Odroid-U2/U3/XU3/C1

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: OpenELEC for Odroid-U2/U3/XU3

Unread postby kinguru2 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:17 am

How about OpenELEC build for ODROID C1 ?
It is much more faster as RPi. And OpenELEC goes fine on RPi.
kinguru2

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: C1

Unread postby jbyrkit » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:50 am

bighampton wrote:
Jigger1975 wrote:Hi there,

Could anyone give me a step-by-step installation manual
for openelec 4.2.x on sd-card on u3? I don't know the right
Use of linux or the bin file method...

Since you admit your knowledge of linux is limited, are you sure you want to install an *experimental* port of OpenElec? Many things aren't working right now...

Anyway... here's a step by step guide to installing the image using the "bin" file:

1) insert your sdcard into the USB adapter

2) insert the USB adapter into a USB port; most flavors of linux will now automount the sdcard

3) open a terminal and type
    Code: Select all
    lsblk
    to see what device the sdcard has been mounted on. It should be obvious and it's probably the last entry. For this example let's assume it's mounted on /dev/sdb1 so the device is /dev/sdb

4) in the terminal go to the directory you've downloaded the image to by typing
    cd <insert destination directory here>

5) type the following:
    sudo ./OpenELEC 4.2.1.1.bin U2 /dev/sdb
    making sure you replace /dev/sdb with the device discovered in #3

6) at the password prompt type your password
You should now see your USB activity light blinking and the following text:
Extract: Extracting Odroid Image
Fuse: Fusing Odroid for U2

That's it. Hope this helped. Good Luck!

I've tried this multiple times, even on different OS, and still can't get the 4.2 versions to boot on my U3. I even booted an old p2 system with knoppix and created an SD card version (took like 30 minutes!) but each time the blue heath light fails to light when i apply power. Anybody have any suggestions? I use a microSD/usb adapter for the sd card, and i tried multiple SD cards. I can always write 4.1.6 on my windows box to these cards/adapter and it boots up.
EDIT Ahh...passing "U3" as parameter makes an unbootable image
Last edited by jbyrkit on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbyrkit

ODROIDs: u3

Unread postby kinguru2 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:53 am

Openelec 5 is released!!!
It is amazing! Iptv pvr add on onboard.
HDMI cec works from the box.
kinguru2

Unread postby tks » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:12 pm

OK,

Installed latest one (4.2.1) on card. but no boot.
Solution: place the resize file after dding the bin to the disk already on the storage partition.

Next thing to solve: Analog Audio, i cant hear anything.
Tried the headphone commands, but there is no explanation (on this thread) what it does.

Remembered from past that i need to disable HDMI sound output.
(normally one can select that in xbmc as well, but i think we need to tell uboot this (hdmi.audio=EDID:0 / hdmi.audio=0) depending if one wants EDID a chance first...

Would be nice to have analog sound output..

2nd: When using a non EDID DVI-D monitor like mine. (its on my test bench)... Then the first time you are a bit *** because you don't have screen, you cant get valid IP adress.
(settings in wizard aren't readable). Next thing is the serial adapter, but that terminal looks like only recieves information and cant send information...

Will go to another HDMI device to fullfill the wizard and then come back to my testbench in order to have ssh working.
tks

languages_spoken: spanish;english;german;dutch
ODROIDs: U3 / XU

Unread postby Ealaionta » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:29 am

First of all let me start by saying Thank you for doing this. I've been using XBMC a lot on my RPi and there's nothing easier and faster than OpenElec.
Now I've fixed an earlier issue that led to overheating above 90 degrees Celsius by simply resizing the partition (which of course was far too small by default and seems to have held back caching and everything).

Two issues remain for me that sadly keep me from using this port, at least for now:

• I don't get any audio over HDMI. A quick look at the audio settings in XBMC shows Audio output device as "Default (Built-in Audio Analog)".
    It's greyed out so I can't change it. Somehow it doesn't recognise HDMI as an audio output?
  • My TV registers HDMI CEC on HDMI1 (black picture) and the actual video on HDMI4.
    Inputs with the remote control work while on HDMI1, video only shows on HDMI 4.
    I created a CEC.conf in /storage/.config/ with "CEC_HDMI_PORT = 4", but it didn't change anything. Surely I'm doing something wrong? :?

I'm running it on an Odroid-U3+ with an Amazon Basics HDMI cable if that helps.
Thanks very much for any help! :)
Ealaionta

ODROIDs: ODROID-U3+

Unread postby zalaare » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:00 am

I'm currently trying to get Kodi 14 running on the XU3. When my image works for the U2, the U3 and XU3 then I"ll look at adding the C1.
zalaare

ODROIDs: U3 Community | XU3 | XU4 | C1 | C1+

Unread postby jbyrkit » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:08 am

i found a thread on the kodi forums about updates to the pvr.mythtv plugin which could cause crashes on "low memory" systems; odroid and rpi were mentioned. Hopefully as you are pulling code for kodi 14 you will get the updates for mythtv so perhaps liveTV will work...
jbyrkit

Unread postby kinguru2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:41 pm

You can use iptv.simple pvr add on instead. It works fine on rpi and c1.
kinguru2

Unread postby emaz_bln » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:09 am

It seams like this OpenELEC version automounts my removable disks read-only. Is it possivle to automount external hard drives with write permission?
emaz_bln

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: U2

Unread postby kinguru2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:38 pm

you need to get your HDD UUID, like:
sudo blkid

then edit fstab and add/change mounting line:
UUID=YOUR_HDD_UUID_HERE /home/storage auto user,umask=000,utf8, 0 0

refer for LINUX manual/google for details.
kinguru2

Unread postby Ironarrow » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much zalaare for doing this great job.

I had some problems to compile your current source code. Some problems I could solve by myself, but right now, I don't know what to do. I got the source from here: https://github.com/zalaare/OpenELEC-Odroid.git

When I start the compilation using the following command

make PROJECT=Odroid ARCH=arm image

... the build process stopped with the following message:

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/linux-api-headers-3.0'
mkdir: cannot create directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include': File exists
make: *** [image] Fehler 1

This content of the file "include" seems to be the same like the content of the file /build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/binutils-2.24/include/libiberty.h

So I renamed "my" sysroot/usr/include file to sysroot/usr/libiberty.h, created the folder sysroot/usr/include and moved the libiberty.h into the new include directory. With this modification, my build process keeps on working.

It seems to me, that the problem is in the file OpenELEC.tv/packages/devel/binutils/package.mk

At the end of this file is the followig function:

makeinstall_host() {
cp -v ../include/libiberty.h $SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr/include
make install
}

If the directory $SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr/include doesn't exist, the libiberty.h will be copied to $SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr/ and will be named "inlcude".

So I made the following chage:

makeinstall_host() {
mkdir -p $SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr/include
cp -v ../include/libiberty.h $SYSROOT_PREFIX/usr/include
make install
}

After that I could continue build OpenELEC. Until it failes downloading the following file: http://zalaare.homenet.org/odroid/u-boo ... d56.tar.xz

I found the information, that this is your personal server and might be offline sometimes. this morning I could keep on building OpenELEC until I got the following output:

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/systemd-217/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi'
GEN test-libsystemd-sym.c
make --no-print-directory all-recursive
Making all in .
CC src/libsystemd/sd-rtnl/libsystemd_la-rtnl-types.lo
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/systemd-217/src/libsystemd/sd-rtnl/rtnl-types.c:254:10: error: 'IFLA_EXT_MASK' undeclared here (not in a function)
[IFLA_EXT_MASK] = { .type = NLA_U32 },
^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/systemd-217/src/libsystemd/sd-rtnl/rtnl-types.c:254:9: error: array index in initializer not of integer type
[IFLA_EXT_MASK] = { .type = NLA_U32 },
^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/systemd-217/src/libsystemd/sd-rtnl/rtnl-types.c:254:9: error: (near initialization for 'rtnl_link_types')
Makefile:15227: recipe for target 'src/libsystemd/sd-rtnl/libsystemd_la-rtnl-types.lo' failed
make[3]: *** [src/libsystemd/sd-rtnl/libsystemd_la-rtnl-types.lo] Error 1
Makefile:17624: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Makefile:8916: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/systemd-217/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi'
make: *** [image] Fehler 2

Any ideas, what I can do?

Best regards,

Rainer
Last edited by Ironarrow on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironarrow

ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby memeka » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:05 pm

@zalaare should get some space on mdrjr's server and move those files there .. :D
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby zalaare » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 am

@Ironarrow: If I didn't tag it in git, there is a chance it won't build. In this case I fixed the issue with /usr/include you pointed out this morning and pushed it just a bit ago. So when this happens you can A.) fix it yourself (as you did this time), B.) let me know what broke and wait for me to fix it, or C.) wait and hope I have the same problem and fix it. In regards to that systemd compile error, I'm betting you are on git commit 5211ec5 as I believe this was something I already fixed.

Thank you for reporting the download problem with u-boot-odroid-u2! I thought I had fixed the PKG_URL lines in all the packages to reflect the ODROID_MIRROR, but I missed that one. I fixed it just now and pushed it to git. It should download from the $ODROID_MIRROR now (Thanks again to Moonfire for hosting!).

@ALL: If your willing to build OE yourself like Ironarrow is doing, you can get OE 5.0 working on the U2/U3 variants now. The XU3 is still not working however, so don't waste time building the image if your trying to run OE on your XU3 variants unless you want to help me figure out how to fix it. I will release when I can finally get it working again.

A reminder to all, that I do this alone with my spare time (which is not much) so it may take awhile.
zalaare

Unread postby emaz_bln » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:21 am

kinguru2 wrote:you need to get your HDD UUID, like:
sudo blkid

then edit fstab and add/change mounting line:
UUID=YOUR_HDD_UUID_HERE /home/storage auto user,umask=000,utf8, 0 0

refer for LINUX manual/google for details.

I'm root on the latest OpenELEC build from this thread. But fstab is also not writeable
emaz_bln

Unread postby Ironarrow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:15 am

@zalaare:

Thank you for your fast reply. I hope it is o.k. for you, when I report all errors, I find.

In my current (partial build) directory, I run "git pull" and restart the build process. It continue building OpenELEC, but it fails now with the following message:

/tmp/ccanrwSs.ltrans30.ltrans.o:ccanrwSs.ltrans30.o:function BufFilePushZIP: error: undefined reference to 'inflateInit2_'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:783: recipe for target 'Xorg' failed
make[5]: *** [Xorg] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC.ODROID/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
Makefile:833: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC.ODROID/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
Makefile:647: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC.ODROID/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
Makefile:592: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC.ODROID/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw'
Makefile:760: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC.ODROID/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi'

Just for your information: I am running Ubuntu 14 with Gnome.

I made a second test with a clean directory and a fresh "git clone". But when I run the build command in this "clean" directory, it fails with the following error:

/home/rainer/source/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/arscan.c:805:7: note: in expansion of macro 'AR_HDR_SIZE'
if (AR_HDR_SIZE != write (fd, &ar_hdr, AR_HDR_SIZE))
^
make[3]: *** [ar.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [arscan.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/source/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/source/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/source/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
make: *** [release] Fehler 2

So it seems to me that there a two problems in the current files.

Best regards,

Rainer
Ironarrow

Unread postby zalaare » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:40 am

@Ironarrow: I've rebuilt twice today w/o issues. Not sure where your problem is. Definitely make sure you clear out your .ccache and .ccache-openelec prior to building each time.
zalaare

Unread postby Ironarrow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:58 am

What linux are you using for your build? As I mentioned I have Ubuntu 14.04.1 64 bit Desktop with Gnome.

Which XOrg packages do I need to install via apt-get install?
Ironarrow

Unread postby zalaare » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:56 pm

I use Arch linux. I've no idea what you would need to apt-get on Ubuntu. But, if it gets through the building of the toolchain its not relevant. The toolchain builds the entirety of OpenELEC.
zalaare

Unread postby Ironarrow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:04 pm

Hmm very strange.

With the same installation I could build an OpenELEC for my Raspberry Pi. But now with Odroid I got this trouble.

When I try it right now (gnu.org was down for several hours), it fails with the following message right at the beginning of the build process:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu/po'
Making install in doc
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu/doc'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu/doc'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
/bin/mkdir -p '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/share/info'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/doc/make.info /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/doc/make.info-1 /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/doc/make.info-2 '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/share/info'
install-info --info-dir='/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/share/info' '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/share/info/make.info'
This is not dpkg install-info anymore, but GNU install-info
See the man page for ginstall-info for command line arguments
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu/doc'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu/doc'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
/bin/mkdir -p '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/include'
/bin/mkdir -p '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/share/man/man1'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/gnumake.h '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/include'
/bin/mkdir -p '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/bin'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/make.1 '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/share/man/man1'
/usr/bin/install -c make '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/bin'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/make-4.0/.x86_64-linux-gnu'
find: `/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/': No such file or directory

At home I still have the directory with the a partial build, where already mor packages were build yet. But with a clean one ... right now ... no way. :?

But later on I will try Arch linux in a VM and will check if it works better or not.
Last edited by Ironarrow on Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ironarrow

Unread postby Ironarrow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:04 pm

btw: Are there any things I have to take care of when I install Arch linux? any special packages that need to be installed?
Ironarrow

Unread postby Ironarrow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:17 pm

I found a solution: If I create the directory on my own, it works and it keep on building:

mkdir -p build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/
Ironarrow

Unread postby outlaw » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:50 am

Just installed the latest build on my XU3
Great Job !!!!
thanks for building this
way faster than the ubuntu based version

question
any chance you will make an eMMC build ?
outlaw

languages_spoken: english german
ODROIDs: Odroid XU3 light eMMC

Unread postby Ironarrow » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:12 pm

It's me again,

I tried to install ArchLinux, but it ended in a not booting VM. So I keep on trying to build OpenELEC with my Ubuntu VM.

@Zalaare: Maybe you have a hint for me, what could be wrong?

Making all in modes
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/modes'
make[5]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/modes'
Making all in dri2
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/dri2'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/dri2'
Making all in .
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/bin/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wbad-function-cast -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wshadow -Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wredundant-decls -Wlogical-op -Werror=implicit -Werror=nonnull -Werror=init-self -Werror=main -Werror=missing-braces -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=return-type -Werror=trigraphs -Werror=array-bounds -Werror=write-strings -Werror=address -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-aliasing -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/freetype2  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/include -I../../include -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xext  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/damageext -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xfixes -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/mi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/sync -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/shadow  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/damage -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/render -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/randr -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/fb -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/dbe -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/present -fvisibility=hidden  -DHAVE_XORG_CONFIG_H -fvisibility=hidden  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/libdrm   -march=armv7-a -mabi=aapcs-linux -Wno-psabi -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -pipe -Os -fexcess-precision=fast -flto -ffat-lto-objects -export-dynamic -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -s -Wl,--as-needed -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin -flto -o Xorg sdksyms.o ../../dix/libmain.la ../../dix/libdix.la ../../mi/libmi.la ../../os/libos.la loader/libloader.la common/libcommon.la os-support/libxorgos.la parser/libxf86config_internal.la dixmods/libdixmods.la modes/libxf86modes.la ramdac/libramdac.la ddc/libddc.la i2c/libi2c.la ../../xfixes/libxfixes.la ../../Xext/libXext.la ../../dbe/libdbe.la ../../record/librecord.la ../../randr/librandr.la ../../render/librender.la ../../damageext/libdamageext.la ../../dri3/libdri3.la ../../present/libpresent.la ../../miext/sync/libsync.la ../../miext/damage/libdamage.la ../../Xi/libXi.la ../../xkb/libxkb.la dixmods/libxorgxkb.la  dri2/libdri2.la ../../dri3/libdri3.la ../../miext/sync/libsync.la ../../mi/libmi.la ../../os/libos.la -lpciaccess  -ldrm   -lpixman-1 -lXfont -lXau -lxshmfence   -lm  -lm
libtool: link: /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/bin/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wbad-function-cast -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wshadow -Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wredundant-decls -Wlogical-op -Werror=implicit -Werror=nonnull -Werror=init-self -Werror=main -Werror=missing-braces -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=return-type -Werror=trigraphs -Werror=array-bounds -Werror=write-strings -Werror=address -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-aliasing -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/freetype2 -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/include -I../../include -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xext -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/damageext -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xfixes -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/mi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/sync -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/shadow -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/damage -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/render -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/randr -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/fb -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/dbe -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/present -fvisibility=hidden -DHAVE_XORG_CONFIG_H -fvisibility=hidden -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/libdrm -march=armv7-a -mabi=aapcs-linux -Wno-psabi -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -pipe -Os -fexcess-precision=fast -flto -ffat-lto-objects -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -s -Wl,--as-needed -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin -flto -o Xorg sdksyms.o -Wl,--export-dynamic  ../../dix/.libs/libmain.a ../../dix/.libs/libdix.a loader/.libs/libloader.a common/.libs/libcommon.a -ludev os-support/.libs/libxorgos.a parser/.libs/libxf86config_internal.a dixmods/.libs/libdixmods.a modes/.libs/libxf86modes.a ramdac/.libs/libramdac.a ddc/.libs/libddc.a i2c/.libs/libi2c.a ../../xfixes/.libs/libxfixes.a ../../Xext/.libs/libXext.a ../../dbe/.libs/libdbe.a ../../record/.libs/librecord.a ../../randr/.libs/librandr.a ../../render/.libs/librender.a ../../damageext/.libs/libdamageext.a ../../present/.libs/libpresent.a ../../miext/damage/.libs/libdamage.a ../../Xi/.libs/libXi.a ../../xkb/.libs/libxkb.a dixmods/.libs/libxorgxkb.a dri2/.libs/libdri2.a ../../dri3/.libs/libdri3.a ../../miext/sync/.libs/libsync.a ../../mi/.libs/libmi.a ../../os/.libs/libos.a -lcrypto -ldl -lpciaccess -ldrm -lpixman-1 -lXfont -lXau -lxshmfence -lm
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xkb/xkbInit.c:731:22: warning: type of 'XkbDfltAccessXOptions' does not match original declaration
 extern unsigned char XkbDfltAccessXOptions;
                      ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xkb/xkbAccessX.c:58:16: note: previously declared here
 unsigned short XkbDfltAccessXOptions =
                ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c: In function 'xf86HandleConfigFile':
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1273:9: warning: 'Pointer' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
         xf86DeleteInput(Pointer, 0);
         ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1148:18: note: 'Pointer' was declared here
     InputInfoPtr Pointer, Keyboard;
                  ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1369:9: warning: 'Keyboard' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
         xf86DeleteInput(Keyboard, 0);
         ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1148:27: note: 'Keyboard' was declared here
                           ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/os/access.c: In function 'InvalidHost':
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/os/access.c:1579:25: warning: 'addr' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
                 matches = s->addrMatch(family, addr, len,
                         ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/os/access.c:1395:11: note: 'addr' was declared here
     void *addr;
           ^
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FTGetName: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Name_Count'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FTGetName: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Name'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FT_Do_SBit_Metrics.isra.4: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FT_Do_SBit_Metrics.isra.4: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Glyph'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function sfnt_get_ushort: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function ft_get_very_lazy_bbox: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function ft_get_very_lazy_bbox: error: undefined reference to 'FT_MulFix'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function ft_get_very_lazy_bbox: error: undefined reference to 'FT_MulFix'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function ft_get_very_lazy_bbox: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Vector_Transform'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function ft_get_very_lazy_bbox: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Vector_Transform'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeActivateInstance: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Activate_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeActivateInstance: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Transform'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeFreeFace: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Face'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeFreeFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_New_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Char_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Glyph'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Outline_Get_BBox'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Glyph'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Outline_Get_BBox'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Render_Glyph'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Init_FreeType'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_New_Face'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Postscript_Name'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_X11_Font_Format'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncName'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Name_Index'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncRecode'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Charmap'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Char_Index'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncFromXLFD'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Select_Charmap'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncFind'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncFind'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Has_PS_Glyph_Names'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans30.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans30.o:function BufZipFileFill: error: undefined reference to 'inflate'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans30.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans30.o:function BufZipFileClose: error: undefined reference to 'inflateEnd'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans30.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans30.o:function BufFilePushZIP: error: undefined reference to 'inflateInit2_'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi'

Best regards,

Rainer
Ironarrow

Unread postby bighampton » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:34 am

Ironarrow wrote:It's me again,

I tried to install ArchLinux, but it ended in a not booting VM. So I keep on trying to build OpenELEC with my Ubuntu VM.

@Zalaare: Maybe you have a hint for me, what could be wrong?

Making all in modes
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/modes'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/modes'
Making all in dri2
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/dri2'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86/dri2'
Making all in .
make[5]: Entering directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
/bin/bash ../../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/bin/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wbad-function-cast -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wshadow -Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wredundant-decls -Wlogical-op -Werror=implicit -Werror=nonnull -Werror=init-self -Werror=main -Werror=missing-braces -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=return-type -Werror=trigraphs -Werror=array-bounds -Werror=write-strings -Werror=address -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-aliasing -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/freetype2  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/include -I../../include -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xext  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/damageext -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xfixes -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/mi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/sync -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/shadow  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/damage -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/render -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/randr -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/fb -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/dbe -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/present -fvisibility=hidden  -DHAVE_XORG_CONFIG_H -fvisibility=hidden  -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/libdrm   -march=armv7-a -mabi=aapcs-linux -Wno-psabi -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -pipe -Os -fexcess-precision=fast -flto -ffat-lto-objects -export-dynamic -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -s -Wl,--as-needed -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin -flto -o Xorg sdksyms.o ../../dix/libmain.la ../../dix/libdix.la ../../mi/libmi.la ../../os/libos.la loader/libloader.la common/libcommon.la os-support/libxorgos.la parser/libxf86config_internal.la dixmods/libdixmods.la modes/libxf86modes.la ramdac/libramdac.la ddc/libddc.la i2c/libi2c.la ../../xfixes/libxfixes.la ../../Xext/libXext.la ../../dbe/libdbe.la ../../record/librecord.la ../../randr/librandr.la ../../render/librender.la ../../damageext/libdamageext.la ../../dri3/libdri3.la ../../present/libpresent.la ../../miext/sync/libsync.la ../../miext/damage/libdamage.la ../../Xi/libXi.la ../../xkb/libxkb.la dixmods/libxorgxkb.la  dri2/libdri2.la ../../dri3/libdri3.la ../../miext/sync/libsync.la ../../mi/libmi.la ../../os/libos.la -lpciaccess  -ldrm   -lpixman-1 -lXfont -lXau -lxshmfence   -lm  -lm
libtool: link: /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/bin/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi-gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-declarations -Wformat=2 -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wbad-function-cast -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wshadow -Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wredundant-decls -Wlogical-op -Werror=implicit -Werror=nonnull -Werror=init-self -Werror=main -Werror=missing-braces -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=return-type -Werror=trigraphs -Werror=array-bounds -Werror=write-strings -Werror=address -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-aliasing -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/freetype2 -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/include -I../../include -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xext -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/damageext -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xfixes -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/Xi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/mi -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/sync -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/shadow -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/miext/damage -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/render -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/randr -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/fb -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/dbe -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/present -fvisibility=hidden -DHAVE_XORG_CONFIG_H -fvisibility=hidden -I/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/toolchain/armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/include/libdrm -march=armv7-a -mabi=aapcs-linux -Wno-psabi -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -mcpu=cortex-a9 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -pipe -Os -fexcess-precision=fast -flto -ffat-lto-objects -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -s -Wl,--as-needed -fuse-ld=gold -fuse-linker-plugin -flto -o Xorg sdksyms.o -Wl,--export-dynamic  ../../dix/.libs/libmain.a ../../dix/.libs/libdix.a loader/.libs/libloader.a common/.libs/libcommon.a -ludev os-support/.libs/libxorgos.a parser/.libs/libxf86config_internal.a dixmods/.libs/libdixmods.a modes/.libs/libxf86modes.a ramdac/.libs/libramdac.a ddc/.libs/libddc.a i2c/.libs/libi2c.a ../../xfixes/.libs/libxfixes.a ../../Xext/.libs/libXext.a ../../dbe/.libs/libdbe.a ../../record/.libs/librecord.a ../../randr/.libs/librandr.a ../../render/.libs/librender.a ../../damageext/.libs/libdamageext.a ../../present/.libs/libpresent.a ../../miext/damage/.libs/libdamage.a ../../Xi/.libs/libXi.a ../../xkb/.libs/libxkb.a dixmods/.libs/libxorgxkb.a dri2/.libs/libdri2.a ../../dri3/.libs/libdri3.a ../../miext/sync/.libs/libsync.a ../../mi/.libs/libmi.a ../../os/.libs/libos.a -lcrypto -ldl -lpciaccess -ldrm -lpixman-1 -lXfont -lXau -lxshmfence -lm
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xkb/xkbInit.c:731:22: warning: type of 'XkbDfltAccessXOptions' does not match original declaration
 extern unsigned char XkbDfltAccessXOptions;
                      ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/xkb/xkbAccessX.c:58:16: note: previously declared here
 unsigned short XkbDfltAccessXOptions =
                ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c: In function 'xf86HandleConfigFile':
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1273:9: warning: 'Pointer' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
         xf86DeleteInput(Pointer, 0);
         ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1148:18: note: 'Pointer' was declared here
                  ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1369:9: warning: 'Keyboard' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
         xf86DeleteInput(Keyboard, 0);
         ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c:1148:27: note: 'Keyboard' was declared here
                           ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/os/access.c: In function 'InvalidHost':
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/os/access.c:1579:25: warning: 'addr' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
                 matches = s->addrMatch(family, addr, len,
                         ^
/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/os/access.c:1395:11: note: 'addr' was declared here
     void *addr;
           ^
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FTGetName: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Name_Count'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FTGetName: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Name'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FT_Do_SBit_Metrics.isra.4: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FT_Do_SBit_Metrics.isra.4: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Glyph'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function sfnt_get_ushort: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function ft_get_very_lazy_bbox: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Load_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeActivateInstance: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Activate_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeActivateInstance: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Transform'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeFreeFace: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Face'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeFreeFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Sfnt_Table'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_New_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Char_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Done_Size'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeRasteriseGlyph: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Render_Glyph'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Init_FreeType'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_New_Face'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_PS_Font_Info'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Postscript_Name'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans7.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans7.o:function FreeTypeLoadXFont: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_X11_Font_Format'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncName'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Name_Index'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncRecode'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Set_Charmap'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTRemap: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Get_Char_Index'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FontEncFromXLFD'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Select_Charmap'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans26.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans26.o:function FTPickMapping: error: undefined reference to 'FT_Has_PS_Glyph_Names'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans30.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans30.o:function BufZipFileFill: error: undefined reference to 'inflate'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans30.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans30.o:function BufZipFileClose: error: undefined reference to 'inflateEnd'
/tmp/cceYkZoX.ltrans30.ltrans.o:cceYkZoX.ltrans30.o:function BufFilePushZIP: error: undefined reference to 'inflateInit2_'
make[5]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw/xfree86'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi/hw'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/xorg-server-1.16.3/.armv7a-openelec-linux-gnueabi'

Best regards,

Rainer

Hi Rainer,

This is happening to me as well. I think this error is happening because when compiling Xorg there seems to be 3 missing libraries when linking. They are freetype, fontenc and zlib. Don't know why they're not in the dependency chain.

I've hacked configure.ac to include the libraries on the build path, but zlib is giving me trouble, so I don't have a fix right now. Still working on it.

Don't worry about your distro... I'm using LinuxMint 17. Since we're cross compiling to Arm all the applications, libraries, drivers, kernel, etc. and dependent source code is downloaded and built. That's why the process takes so long.

@zalaare : Any idea what happened here?
bighampton

Unread postby zalaare » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:01 am

Sorry guys, no idea. I'm not having these issues you are having at this time. I'm really focusing on getting C1 support added to my image right now while I'm waiting for help with the XU3 support. I'll take a closer look at this problem when I run into it or after I get my other items checked off my list.
zalaare

Unread postby Ironarrow » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:11 pm

@bighampton:

I am glad to hear, that I am not the only one who has this problem ;-)

@zalaare:

No problem. I can wait. Everybody should remember that you are doing all this in your spare time. And you should (usually) have another life beside modifying OpenELEC, too ;-) So when you have time and still don't get this issue, please let me know. I can give you a virtual machine (for VMPlayer) with Ubuntu so you can reproduce the error if you want.
Ironarrow

Unread postby zalaare » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm pretty sure this problem is from commit c62d8b94267012acf7c91098c0405a0f8aab2fbb. I was trying to make the build directory a bit more portable by removing the libtool files, but it seems without them some of the packages can't find the right FLAGS to build. The pkg-config files all say the prefix is /usr so they are of no real use unless I change them all to (which is the opposite of what I was trying to solve).

Anyway, revert that commit and give it a go. You will have to rebuild completely however...

EDIT: I'm really liking how Codesnake re-organized the OpenELEC source tree. I'm looking at merging those changes in my own tree. It means I'll have to waste lots of time rebuilding all of OpenELEC over and over for each device, but it should be much more trivial to add new devices. It also mean my beloved universal image would go by the wayside and I'll be release images for each device. So much waste! Just an FYI for all I guess.
zalaare

Unread postby bighampton » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:50 am

zalaare wrote:I'm pretty sure this problem is from commit c62d8b94267012acf7c91098c0405a0f8aab2fbb. I was trying to make the build directory a bit more portable by removing the libtool files, but it seems without them some of the packages can't find the right FLAGS to build. The pkg-config files all say the prefix is /usr so they are of no real use unless I change them all to (which is the opposite of what I was trying to solve).

Anyway, revert that commit and give it a go. You will have to rebuild completely however...

EDIT: I'm really liking how Codesnake re-organized the OpenELEC source tree. I'm looking at merging those changes in my own tree. It means I'll have to waste lots of time rebuilding all of OpenELEC over and over for each device, but it should be much more trivial to add new devices. It also mean my beloved universal image would go by the wayside and I'll be release images for each device. So much waste! Just an FYI for all I guess.

Currently rebuilding with the revert applied as suggested. I'll report back when it completes successfully :D

EDIT: SUCCESS! OpenELEC 5.0 branch builds without error if the above commit is reverted! I can upload an image file somewhere for those who don't want to go through the motions of reverting and building it themselves. Note that zalaare said it's only working for U2 and U3 platforms.

However, Mythtv plugin still crashes in EPG import :x
bighampton

Unread postby dimalo » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:43 pm

I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance...
Also big thanks to zalaare for maintaining this whole thing!
dimalo

Unread postby Ironarrow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:00 am

bighampton wrote:Currently rebuilding with the revert applied as suggested. I'll report back when it completes successfully :D

EDIT: SUCCESS! OpenELEC 5.0 branch builds without error if the above commit is reverted! I can upload an image file somewhere for those who don't want to go through the motions of reverting and building it themselves. Note that zalaare said it's only working for U2 and U3 platforms.

I almost got it. I removed the changes from commit c62d8b94267012acf7c91098c0405a0f8aab2fbb and my build works fine ... until the end. When the script is trying to build the image, it fails.

At first the file script/image didn't find the mkimage script. So I took a look at script/image and made the following changes:

diff --git a/scripts/image b/scripts/image
index 25eeac4..d63ea7b 100755
@@ -248,13 +248,13 @@ IMAGE_NAME="$DISTRONAME-$TARGET_VERSION"

if [ "$PROJECT" = "Odroid" ]; then
     # generate uInitrd
-    mkimage -A arm -T ramdisk -n RootFS\ [$PROJECT] -C none -d $INSTALL/../initramfs.cpio $INSTALL/../uInitrd
+    $SCRIPTS/mkimage -A arm -T ramdisk -n RootFS\ [$PROJECT] -C none -d $INSTALL/../initramfs.cpio $INSTALL/../uInitrd
     # generate boot.scr(s)
     for f in debug auto 720p 720p-noedid 1080p 1080p-noedid; do
-      mkimage -A arm -T script -n $f\ [Odroid-XU3] -C none -d \
+      $SCRIPTS/mkimage -A arm -T script -n $f\ [Odroid-XU3] -C none -d \
         $PROJECT_DIR/$PROJECT/bootloader/XU3/boot-${f}.cfg \
         $INSTALL/usr/share/bootloader/XU3/boot-${f}.scr
-      mkimage -A arm -T script -n $f\ [Odroid-U2/3] -C none -d \
+      $SCRIPTS/mkimage -A arm -T script -n $f\ [Odroid-U2/3] -C none -d \
         $PROJECT_DIR/$PROJECT/bootloader/U2/boot-${f}.cfg \
         $INSTALL/usr/share/bootloader/U2/boot-${f}.scr
     done
@@ -380,7 +380,7 @@ IMAGE_NAME="$DISTRONAME-$TARGET_VERSION"

# create image files if requested
       if [ "$1" = "mkimage" ] && [ "$PROJECT" = "Odroid" ]; then
-        sudo env \
+        env \
           ROOT="$ROOT" \
           BUILD="$BUILD" \
           INSTALL="$INSTALL" \
@@ -397,7 +397,7 @@ IMAGE_NAME="$DISTRONAME-$TARGET_VERSION"
         echo "mkimage: boo. now root access (sudo) is required..."
         echo "mkimage: see scripts/image and scripts/mkimage if you dont trust us :)"
         # variables used in image script must be passed
-        sudo env \
+        env \
           PATH="$PATH" \
           ROOT="$ROOT" \
           TOOLCHAIN="$TOOLCHAIN" \

After that the script runs a little bit more, and failed then with permission problems. I think the reason therefore is Ubuntu. I had to run commands like "mount" ect. as root or with "sudo mount".

dd: failed to open '/.img': Permission denied
image: creating partition table on /.img...
losetup: /dev/loop0: failed to set up loop device: Permission denied
Error: Error opening /dev/loop0: Permission denied
image: creating part1 on /.img...
image: creating part2 on /.img...
losetup: /dev/loop0: detach failed: Permission denied
image: creating filesystem on part1...
image: mounting part1 on /tmp/tmp.Wu41YqpNo9...
mount: only root can do that
image: unmounting part1...
umount: /dev/loop0 is not mounted (according to mtab)
image: creating filesystem on part2...
mke2fs: Permission denied while trying to determine filesystem size
tune2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
Usage: tune2fs [-c max_mounts_count] [-e errors_behavior] [-g group]
[-i interval[d|m|w]] [-j] [-J journal_options] [-l]
[-m reserved_blocks_percent] [-o [^]mount_options[,...]] [-p mmp_update_interval]
[-r reserved_blocks_count] [-u user] [-C mount_count] [-L volume_label]
[-M last_mounted_dir] [-O [^]feature[,...]]
[-Q quota_options]
[-E extended-option[,...]] [-T last_check_time] [-U UUID]
[ -I new_inode_size ] device
e2fsck 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
e2fsck: Permission denied while trying to open /dev/loop0
You must have r/o access to the filesystem or be root
image: mounting part2 on /tmp/tmp.Wu41YqpNo9...
image: unmounting part2...
image: compressing...
gzip: /.img: No such file or directory
image: cleanup...
image: creating image: /.img...
dd: failed to open '/.img': Permission denied
image: creating partition table on /.img...
image: creating part1 on /.img...
image: creating part2 on /.img...
image: creating filesystem on part1...
image: mounting part1 on /tmp/tmp.7StkE2l5xF...
image: unmounting part1...
image: creating filesystem on part2...
mke2fs: Permission denied while trying to determine filesystem size
tune2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
Usage: tune2fs [-c max_mounts_count] [-e errors_behavior] [-g group]
[-i interval[d|m|w]] [-j] [-J journal_options] [-l]
[-m reserved_blocks_percent] [-o [^]mount_options[,...]] [-p mmp_update_interval]
[-r reserved_blocks_count] [-u user] [-C mount_count] [-L volume_label]
[-M last_mounted_dir] [-O [^]feature[,...]]
[-Q quota_options]
[-E extended-option[,...]] [-T last_check_time] [-U UUID]
[ -I new_inode_size ] device
e2fsck 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
e2fsck: Permission denied while trying to open /dev/loop0
You must have r/o access to the filesystem or be root
image: mounting part2 on /tmp/tmp.7StkE2l5xF...
image: unmounting part2...
image: compressing...
gzip: /.img: No such file or directory
image: creating image: /.img...

This is repeating several times and finally I got the following message:

Parallel mksquashfs: Using 4 processors
Creating 4.0 filesystem on /home/rainer/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-Odroid/target/OpenELEC-Odroid-5.0.0.system, block size 131072.
[==========================================================================================================================================================================================-] 9428/9428 100%

Exportable Squashfs 4.0 filesystem, gzip compressed, data block size 131072
compressed data, compressed metadata, compressed fragments, no xattrs
duplicates are removed
Filesystem size 109016.17 Kbytes (106.46 Mbytes)
42.55% of uncompressed filesystem size (256206.40 Kbytes)
Inode table size 102848 bytes (100.44 Kbytes)
27.68% of uncompressed inode table size (371561 bytes)
Directory table size 103187 bytes (100.77 Kbytes)
42.28% of uncompressed directory table size (244059 bytes)
Number of duplicate files found 291
Number of inodes 11241
Number of files 8194
Number of fragments 714
Number of symbolic links 595
Number of device nodes 0
Number of fifo nodes 0
Number of socket nodes 0
Number of directories 2452
Number of ids (unique uids + gids) 2
Number of uids 1
root (0)
Number of gids 2
root (0)
unknown (81)
install: cannot stat 'build.OpenELEC-Odroid.arm-5.0.0/image/system/../uInitrd': No such file or directory

For checking this, I changed the script/image. I changed the calls of mkimage to "sudo mkimage" ... so, the script should run with root permissions. Rerun the script I got almost the same error messages plus two additional files in the root directory of my HDD (/.img and /.img.gz).

Any ideas what could be wrong?
Ironarrow

Unread postby mark-aus-51 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:26 am

Hello,

thanks a lot for comiling OpenELEC for Odroid. I got an Odroid U3 as a christmas-pesent and I was not happy with the Android, Lubumtu and Xubuntu versions.

During the last 20 years, I only had insensive Contact with windows but I never worked seriously with Linux-Systems. But then, in the beginnig of the last year, I was "infected by the Raspberry-Virus". After a short "guest performance" with Raspian Wheezy, I only use OpenELEC on my Raspberrys, because my main interest is in the area of multimedia. I am an absultue "Linux-Beginner", but I own, additionall to the Raspberrys, three HTPCs: 1.Zotac Zbox ID 41, Atom D525, Nvidia ION, 4GB Ram, 128 GB SSD [OS=KODIbuntu], 2.Mini-Tower Silverstone SST-SG02B-F, DN2800MT, Atom N2800, 4GB Ram, Broadcom Crystal HD Decoder, 128 GB SSD [OS=WIN7PROF-KODI],3. Sharkoon Mini Tower, Core i3-4130T, Intel HD Graphics 4400, 4GB Ram, 128 GB SSD [OS=OpenELEC/KODI]

...an now: The Odroid U3. I installed the Odriod with a 64GB eMMC-module and a 1TB 2,5" HD in an old 3,5" IDE Multimedia HD-Case, wich didn`t support HD anyway an was collecting dust in the wardrobe since serveral years.

Today, I installed your OpenELEC 4.1.6.0 with XBMC 13.2 Gotham on the Odroid U3 and it works perfectly. I am very glad about this and I want to thank you for the good work :!:

(Sorry for my bad English)

Greetings from Cologne/Germany
Mark
mark-aus-51

ODROIDs: Odroid U3

Unread postby Ironarrow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:06 am

@bighampton: I have installed LinuxMint 17.1 cinnamon 64bit in a VM and tried the build again. I got the same problems like the try before with Ubuntu.

The building works fine, but creating the image failes. How have you done this?
Ironarrow

Unread postby Romanskij » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:07 am

hello all. I´m also very interested in a build for the Odroid C1. At the Moment i use the Raspberry Pi as media center with the actual OpenELEC 5. Today i get my Odroid C1 and searched for a XBMC/Kodi build for this device and find this thread.

@zalaare: if you need some testers, i would like to help you. Thank you for spending time for this! If you get it to work with auto switch the fps, cec and the configuration application to setup the wifi connection and so on i would donate you on PayPal.

sry for bad english
Romanskij

languages_spoken: german, english

Unread postby Catscrash » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:14 am

is audio pass through over hdmi on the U2 possible with this build?
Catscrash

ODROIDs: Odroid U2

Unread postby Romanskij » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:37 am

I´m shocked to hear that pass through does not work wit the C1
viewtopic.php?f=111&t=7569

is it true or just a problem of the Ubuntu for the C1?
Romanskij

languages_spoken: german, english

Unread postby bighampton » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:12 am

Ironarrow wrote:@bighampton: I have installed LinuxMint 17.1 cinnamon 64bit in a VM and tried the build again. I got the same problems like the try before with Ubuntu.

The building works fine, but creating the image failes. How have you done this?

It looks like you're getting permission errors. I get prompted for my password by the script prior to building the image which requires sudo. Is this happening for you? Have you added your username to the sudo group?

You could save yourself the pain of building and just use the bin file that I'm posting next...
Last edited by bighampton on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bighampton

Unread postby bighampton » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:20 am

Due to popular demand, I've posted my build of OpenELEC-Odroid-5.0.0.bin for U2 and U3 devices at the following location:

Working OpenELEC 5.0 bin

Enjoy!
Last edited by bighampton on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
bighampton

Unread postby bighampton » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Catscrash wrote:is audio pass through over hdmi on the U2 possible with this build?

Read this: June Odroid Magazine : How to enable multichannel audio
bighampton

Unread postby GateheaD » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:55 pm

bighampton wrote:Due to popular demand, I've posted my build of OpenELEC-Odroid-5.0.0.bin for U2 and U3 devices at the following location:

Working OpenELEC 5.0 bin

Enjoy!

Cheers, will try this weekend
GateheaD

Unread postby whatnick » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 am

Any chance for publishing the working image for XU3 ? I am happy to host it on S3 for you.
whatnick

languages_spoken: english, french, swahili
ODROIDs: U3, U3 UPS, XU-Lite

Unread postby fisheater » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:29 pm

First: thanks to everyone for their awesome work on this project and replies to Qs that help us work these things out.

Second: lurking for a while, reading, trying to learn how to install this beauty.

Third: thanks to jbyrkit (viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5915&p=64778&hilit=openelec#p61544). This helped me understand the syntax to make the SD.

Now my situation. I wresteled with 4, and tried today with 5.
1. Made the SD, the data seems to be on it. This is what I used:

mint Music # ./OpenELEC-Odroid-5.0.0.bin u3 /dev/mmcblk0
Fuse: Fusing Odroid for u3
mint Music #

2. This is what the SD looks like in gparted, it seems to look good.

3. When I put it in the U3+ and power up - only the red light is on. I push the power switch, hold for 1, 3, then 5 seconds and nothing.

I read in Jan 2014 of the Odroid Mag what the lights mean. It seems only the power is on, and not booting.

4. Setup:
Openelec version 4 and 5: U3+, odroid micro to regular HDMI and odroid power supply, to TV.

Of interest:
1. Ran Lubuntu 14.04 on preformatted card, same physical setup. Worked well, ran XBMC without problem (save crashing on exit).

2. When I boot the U3+ openelec 5, the red light stays on and in the top RIGHT corner is the date and time briefly, then the TV flashing message that HDMI cable has no input.

I am stuck. Thanks for lending me your brains.

Option 2: is there a img of the openelec 5? I saw there was talk, but didn't see a link.

Again, thank for everyone who made this possible and helped along the way.

Update 1
**Thought of one more thing, but the lubuntu 14.04 SD card back in, it booted. That takes board failure off the table, and leaves my ham-fisted script running the sole culprit.**

Update 2
Tried to make the image u2, no luck. Ill try and make an image of lubuntu and rule out a bad card.

mint Music # ./OpenELEC-Odroid-5.0.0.bin u2 /dev/mmcblk0
Fuse: Fusing Odroid for u2
mint Music #

Update 3
Flashed lubuntu to the card - red light, 2x flashing blue, not booting.

Update 4
flashed via linux the working SD with a copy of openelec 5, only red light. Puzzled
fisheater

ODROIDs: U3 - new to the device

Unread postby bighampton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:40 am

fisheater wrote:First: thanks to everyone for their awesome work on this project and replies to Qs that help us work these things out.

Second: lurking for a while, reading, trying to learn how to install this beauty.

Third: thanks to jbyrkit (viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5915&p=64778&hilit=openelec#p61544). This helped me understand the syntax to make the SD.

Actually that was my reply to jbyrkit who asked the same question as you... and you're welcome :D
Now my situation. I wresteled with 4, and tried today with 5.
1. Made the SD, the data seems to be on it. This is what I used:

mint Music # ./OpenELEC-Odroid-5.0.0.bin u3 /dev/mmcblk0
Fuse: Fusing Odroid for u3
mint Music #

2. This is what the SD looks like in gparted, it seems to look good.

3. When I put it in the U3+ and power up - only the red light is on. I push the power switch, hold for 1, 3, then 5 seconds and nothing.

I read in Jan 2014 of the Odroid Mag what the lights mean. It seems only the power is on, and not booting.

4. Setup:
Openelec version 4 and 5: U3+, odroid micro to regular HDMI and odroid power supply, to TV.

Of interest:
1. Ran Lubuntu 14.04 on preformatted card, same physical setup. Worked well, ran XBMC without problem (save crashing on exit).

2. When I boot the U3+ openelec 5, the red light stays on and in the top RIGHT corner is the date and time briefly, then the TV flashing message that HDMI cable has no input.

Check the seating of your HDMI cable. I've found that it's fidgety and the system doesn't boot without it seated properly.

I am stuck. Thanks for lending me your brains.

Option 2: is there a img of the openelec 5? I saw there was talk, but didn't see a link.

Again, thank for everyone who made this possible and helped along the way.

Update 1
**Thought of one more thing, but the lubuntu 14.04 SD card back in, it booted. That takes board failure off the table, and leaves my ham-fisted script running the sole culprit.**

Update 2
Tried to make the image u2, no luck. Ill try and make an image of lubuntu and rule out a bad card.

mint Music # ./OpenELEC-Odroid-5.0.0.bin u2 /dev/mmcblk0
Fuse: Fusing Odroid for u2
mint Music #

What went wrong making the image? From the output it looks fine...
bighampton

Unread postby jbyrkit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:14 am

bighampton wrote:
zalaare wrote:I'm pretty sure this problem is from commit c62d8b94267012acf7c91098c0405a0f8aab2fbb. I was trying to make the build directory a bit more portable by removing the libtool files, but it seems without them some of the packages can't find the right FLAGS to build. The pkg-config files all say the prefix is /usr so they are of no real use unless I change them all to (which is the opposite of what I was trying to solve).

Currently rebuilding with the revert applied as suggested. I'll report back when it completes successfully :D

:x so close to filling my house with U2s....if only live tv would work....
Anything i can do to help test, i will
jbyrkit

Unread postby fisheater » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:11 am

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5915&p=66182#p66142

Thanks for your insights:

1. Reseated both ends of the HDMI cable, no change.

2. Bought a USB SD reader - noted on the forums to be working. Remade image with the same commands, not booting. Stuck with red light only.

3. Flipped the SD card to contacts faced away from board, red light only. (long shot yes, but ruled it out). Flipped it back to face the board, no change.

4. The data seems to be written to the card, it has 2 partitions.

5. The board works with the factory shipped lubuntu 14.04.

6. It would appear my making of the card/terminal command is faulty. Here is a summary of what I use this time

$sudo su
$chmod +x file.bin
$fdisk -l
$./file.bin u2 /dev/sdb
then tried
$./file.bin u3 /dev/sdb

7. I tried the above code on a 32 bit laptop, and now on a 64 bit desktop. Same red light results.

8. I put the finished SD in a win7 computer, if found the system partition, the files really appear to be there.

If I keep doing the same thing/error, I am bound to get the same results.

Thanks for your thoughts
fisheater

ODROIDs: U3 - new to the device

Unread postby mark-aus-51 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:31 am

Hello,

it would be nice, if somebody could help me:
I am the owner of an Odroid U3 and I have successfully installed Version 4.1.6 a few weeks ago.
Now, I want to update to version 4.2.1.2 but at the first page of this tread I read, that it is only possibile to uprgade with a .bin file. So I dowloaded version "OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin" and copied in in the dictionary "/<root>/storage/.update

Because I´m an absolute Linux-Newbie, I´ve difficulties to understand how to install the .bin file now and what is meant with: The resulting .bin file can be run like a script.
sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.1.bin U2/XU3 [/dev/device|/path/to/image]

Please explain me, how to install the update by using this code in the right way.
I already made several mistakes:
sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/Odroid U3|/storage/.update]

OpenELEC (unofficial) Version: 4.1.6
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/device|/storage/.update]
-sh: /storage/.update]: not found
sh: can't open 'OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin'
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/Odroid U3|/storage/.update]
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/root|/storage/.update]
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/storage/.update]
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin U2/U3 [/dev/Odroid U3|/storage/.update

Thanks a lot! (sorry for my bad English)

Greetings
Mark
mark-aus-51

ODROIDs: Odroid U3

Unread postby bighampton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:51 am

fisheater wrote:http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=5915&p=66182#p66142

Thanks for your insights:

1. Reseated both ends of the HDMI cable, no change.

2. Bought a USB SD reader - noted on the forums to be working. Remade image with the same commands, not booting. Stuck with red light only.

3. Flipped the SD card to contacts faced away from board, red light only. (long shot yes, but ruled it out). Flipped it back to face the board, no change.

4. The data seems to be written to the card, it has 2 partitions.

5. The board works with the factory shipped lubuntu 14.04.

6. It would appear my making of the card/terminal command is faulty. Here is a summary of what I use this time

$sudo su
$chmod +x file.bin
$fdisk -l
$./file.bin u2 /dev/sdb
then tried
$./file.bin u3 /dev/sdb

AH HA!

You must use uppercase for the options and the only options are U2 or XU3 when executing the bin file, otherwise, as you've discovered, it won't work. The U2 option is for both U2 and U3 devices. This is all specified in zalaare's 1st post on the 1st page of this thread.

Yes, the script could be made more foolproof... however, the author of the script (zalaare) may rightfully state "RTFM", although I wouldn't dare to speak for him... ;)
Last edited by bighampton on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bighampton

Unread postby bighampton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 am

jbyrkit wrote:
<snip>

I've tried to debug the MythTV plugin but I've not been successful in determining what's making it crash. I've moved on to using the IPTV Simple Client as someone has suggested in this thread. I can confirm that it works, however my cable TV provider (Comcast) streams all content using MPEG2, and I'm getting frame drops continuously for HD content, so now I'm researching a new problem... :cry:
bighampton

Unread postby bighampton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:29 am

mark-aus-51 wrote:Hello,

it would be nice, if somebody could help me:
I am the owner of an Odroid U3 and I have successfully installed Version 4.1.6 a few weeks ago.
Now, I want to update to version 4.2.1.2 but at the first page of this tread I read, that it is only possibile to uprgade with a .bin file. So I dowloaded version "OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin" and copied in in the dictionary "/<root>/storage/.update

Because I´m an absolute Linux-Newbie, I´ve difficulties to understand how to install the .bin file now and what is meant with: The resulting .bin file can be run like a script.
sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.1.bin U2/XU3 [/dev/device|/path/to/image]

Please explain me, how to install the update by using this code in the right way.
I already made several mistakes:
sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/Odroid U3|/storage/.update]

OpenELEC (unofficial) Version: 4.1.6
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/device|/storage/.update]
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/Odroid U3|/storage/.update]
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/root|/storage/.update]
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin [/dev/storage/.update]
Odroid:~ # sh OpenELEC-Odroid-4.2.1.2.bin U2/U3 [/dev/Odroid U3|/storage/.update

Thanks a lot! (sorry for my bad English)

Greetings
Mark

Upgrading from a 4.1.X series to a 4.2.X series requires a completely new image. So first, create a backup of your data, then execute the script like you did when installing 4.1.6. If you've forgotten how, I've given simple instructions on how to execute the "bin file" script in a post above. Also note that in another post above, I've provided a link to the OpenELEC 5.0 image which will work for your U3.

No need to apologize for your "bad English" as I can only order beer and ask where the toilet is in German. :lol:

Hope this helps!
bighampton

Unread postby jbyrkit » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:03 am

bighampton wrote:
jbyrkit wrote:
<snip>

I've tried to debug the MythTV plugin but I've not been successful in determining what's making it crash. I've moved on to using the IPTV Simple Client as someone has suggested in this thread. I can confirm that it works, however my cable TV provider (Comcast) streams all content using MPEG2, and I'm getting frame drops continuously for HD content, so now I'm researching a new problem... :cry:

Are you connecting to a mythtv backend with the IPTV plugin? If so, i would love to know how you set it up.
jbyrkit

Unread postby shoaibz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:35 am

Hi Guys, I've been lurking on this forum since I got myself the XU3-Lite. And I really need some help. I've tried the 4.2.1.2, and even though it boots, and I can ssh into it, but it doesn't give display on any monitor/TV I try. I know my cable is working coz when I boot the ubuntu 14.04 or the android 4.4.4 I can get display, its just the OpenELEC build. I also tried the latest build 5.0.0.bin (even though its only for U3) but again system boots up I can ssh into it but no display via HDMI. I tried both eMMC and SD card thinking it maybe the eMMC which is being picky. Now I'm thinking maybe I should've gone for C1 or the U3 version, as the only reason for getting this is to make it a XBMC/Kodi device for my TV. Any suggestion/help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by shoaibz on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shoaibz

ODROIDs: ODROID XU3-Lite

PreviousNext

Return to Other OS