[OS] Debian Jessie

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:15 pm

yes, but that makes it difficult to be consistent with images on different boards if they react differently.
I use a lot of scripts that work on all boards cause they work the same, but if they are now reacting different that means I have to watch out for things like this and it makes scripts and automations a lot harder.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 am

Hi,

I'm having the following problem after upgrading this image to stretch.

First, I flashed the Jessie image and did
Code: Select all
apt update && apt upgrade && apt full-upgrade

Then I replaced "jessie" in sources.list to "stretch"

After that I did
apt update && apt upgrade && apt full-upgrade

It all went OK.

But now, when I'm doing
apt update
it stalls after Hit 6 with
0% [Working]
and hangs for long time, I did not wait more than 10 minutes, though.
What could be the problem?
igagis

languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 am

can you show the complete output of apt-get update?
I want to see where it stops "Hit 6" is not really a site or anything, just means it's the 6th site it tried to open, what ever the 6th would be.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:23 am

meveric wrote:can you show the complete output of apt-get update?
I want to see where it stops "Hit 6" is not really a site or anything, just means it's the 6th site it tried to open, what ever the 6th would be.

Sorry, I have no possibility to copy-paste the output from U3 as it is the very minimal installation there.

The Hit6 line is as follows:
Hit:6 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch Release
0% [Working]

before it stalls in the square brackets it shortly prints "0% [Release.pgp]" or something like that, I'm not able to notice the exact string there, than it changes to "0% [Working]" and hangs forever.
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 am

if you try to open: http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian you'll see an error 404, this site does not exist and does not belong to the original sources of this image.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:13 am

Ok, I reinstalled everything and it seems to work now. Thanks!
igagis

Unread postby igagis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:43 pm

After upgrading to stretch, I'm running glmark2-es2 and it gives me exactly 10 FPS in windowed and fullscreen modes for all scenes. If I run

glmark2-es2 --off-screen

then it gives ~300 FPS. So, it looks like some problem with framebuffer drivers, perhaps? Any Idea how can I get more FPS for on-screen rendering?
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:58 pm

I don't much experience with Debian Stretch yet. As you may have noticed, this thread is called "Debian Jessie".
My previous tests with Debian Stretch on ODROID U3 was not very promising, window movement on desktop was terrible slow and laggy, but I remember that glmark2-es2 was working "normal" even if somewhat slower than on Debian Jessie.

You need a correct/updated version of armsoc driver to get this to work. I also don't know the state of your GPU drivers, since I don't know what you did to update the image and what drivers you installed.
So it's really hard to tell what could be the issue.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Yes, I have seen the other thread about stretch and that you had glmark2-es2 working at higher FPS than just 10, so this is why I'm asking.

To update to stretch I just replaced "jessie" with "stretch" in the /etc/apt/sources.list.
Also, I replaced "jessie" with "stretch" in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/meveric-jessie.list and also I removed "jessie-backports" from there as there seem to be no "stretch-backports".
Then I installed "mali400-odroid" drivers.
That's it. Then I did "apt update/upgrade/full-upgrade" and installed the "xf86-video-armsoc-odroid", so I suppose this is the right one, because X did not start with the old one from jessie. Maybe I need to build it with some other options? Becasuse it is strange that it limits the FPS at exactly 10... maybe related to that window movement lags, as those seem to be also ~10 fps...
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:50 am

You write you installed mali400-odroid and the did the updates.
That was probably the issue.
Since the updates most likely have overwritten the mali libraries.
Reinstalling the mali drivers might all that is needed.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am

I re-installed the mali400-odroid but can't test it since glmark2-es2 package is broken after last apt update:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 glmark2-es2 : Depends: glmark2-data (= 2014.03-1+deb9) but 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d-0ubuntu4+deb9 is to be installed

EDIT:
tried running some OpenGL ES2 samples found somewhere on github... Still gives too few FPS... :(
Last edited by igagis on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:51 am

I'm currently working on the ODROID C2 version of Debian Stretch, and slowly check on all the other boards in time, but it's gonna take some time to figure everything out.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:21 am

meveric wrote:I'm currently working on the ODROID C2 version of Debian Stretch, and slowly check on all the other boards in time, but it's gonna take some time to figure everything out.

Thanks for your work!

Could you fix glmark2-es2 package?
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:10 am

the packages you need are probably already available and you "only" need to set the correct version.

Check the output of:
apt-cache policy glmark2-es2 glmark2-data
This will show you all available version of both glmark2-es2 and the data files.

Also check the output of:
apt-cache show glmark2-es2
You will see a line "Depends" which tells you what packages and version of a package is needed to install this package.

You can install a package with the version you need with <packagename>=<version>
for example: apt-get install glmark2-data=2014.03-1+deb9

The new package for glmark2-data comes from my port to the Debian Stretch image for ODROID C2.
glmark2-data is an architecture independent package and for this is seen by both armhf and arm64, while I only compiled glmark2-es2 for arm64 up to now, since it was not available on arm64.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:41 am

Ok, here is the output of apt-cache policy:

$ sudo apt-cache policy glmark2-es2 glmark2-data
sudo: unable to resolve host u3
[sudo] password for ivan:
glmark2-es2:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2014.03-1+deb9
  Version table:
     2014.03-1+deb9 500
        500 http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric stretch/main armhf Packages
glmark2-data:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d-0ubuntu4+deb9
  Version table:
     2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d-0ubuntu4+deb9 500
        500 http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric stretch/main armhf Packages
     2014.03-0ubuntu3 500
        500 https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric all/main armhf Packages

And here is the output of apt-get install:

$ sudo apt-get install glmark2-es2 glmark2-data=2014.03-0ubuntu3
sudo: unable to resolve host u3
[sudo] password for ivan:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 glmark2-es2 : Depends: glmark2-data (= 2014.03-1+deb9) but 2014.03-0ubuntu3 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

As you can see, glmark2-es2 depends on data version exactly 2014.03-1+deb9 which is not available in the repo. So, you just need to upload data package of version 2014.03-1+deb9 to meveric-all or meveric-stretch to fix that, I suppose...
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:01 am

I've updated the packages if you do apt-get update you should be able to install glmark2-es2
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:40 am

Thanks, I could install glmak2-es2 now.
igagis

Unread postby DerekBuegel » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:10 pm

Ich habe genau dieses Problem beim U3.
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=17569#p116606
Nur gibt es beim U3-Image keine boot.ini
Wie lässt sich das Problem da lösen?

I have exactly this problem with the U3.
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=17569#p116606
Only there is no boot.ini in the U3 image
How can the problem be solved?

MfG
DerekBuegel

languages_spoken: deutsch, google translator
ODROIDs: Odroid U3

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:35 am

das Bild oben ist von einem ODROID C1 aml_emmc gibt es NICHT beim U3.
Dieser Fehler ist ODROID C1 spezifisch und kann daher gar nicht von einem U3 stammen.

Vielleicht machst Du Dir doch einmal die Mühe den Fehler den Du tatsächlich hast hier zu posten.

Im schlimmsten Fall musst Du Dir eine anderen SD Karte besorgen SanDisk Ultra (nicht Ultra Plus oder Extreme) laufen eigentlich überall.

===========

It's impossible to be from a U3, since aml_emmc does not exist on an ODROID U3, please post the error you really have instead of copying from an ODROID C1 thread.

In worst case you have to use a different SD card, SanDisk Ultra (not Ultra Plus or Extreme) are most compatible.
meveric

Unread postby DerekBuegel » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:46 am

Das ist richtig. Ich habe das Bild nur Beispielhaft aus dem C1-Thread "rüber kopiert".

Ich habe eine Speicherkarte Class 6, die funktioniert und eine SD Class 10. Die Class 10 bleibt beim booten genau nach dem Einlesen des Keyboard und Maus stehen. Da es bei dem C1-Image das Selbe war und das "runtertakten" geholfen hat, nahm ich an, das sich Das vergleichen lässt.

MfG

Wenn es hilft, mach ich morgen mal einen Screenshot.
DerekBuegel

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:18 am

DerekBuegel wrote:Da es bei dem C1-Image das Selbe war und das "runtertakten" geholfen hat, nahm ich an, das sich Das vergleichen lässt.

Mit der Tastatur und Maus hatte das nichts zu tun und auch das runtertakten hat in den seltesten Fällen funktioniert, um genau zu sein ist mir kein einziger Fall bekannt wo es wirklich funktioniert hat.
Beim U3 ist der SD port techisch eh auf max. 15MB/sec beschränkt, während am C1 viel schnellere Geschwindigkeiten möglich sind. Hier wird unter anderem auch UHS-1 unterstützt was beim U3 gar nicht funktioniert, daher gibt es hier auch unterschiedliche Taktfrequenze, welche es meines Wissens nach beim U3 gar nicht gibt.

Der Fehler am C1 hat auch ganz andere Ursachen. Beim ersten boot am C1 funktioniert die SD Karte Fehlerfrei, beim ersten boot wird jedoch ein resize gemacht und aus irgendeinem Grund (Fehler im Protokoll, oder Hardware fehler beim SD Port) geht beim resizen der Partition was schief und anschließend hat die root-partition keine UUID mehr (gar keine) und da in der boot.ini vom C1 drinnen steht rootfs is auf partition mit UUID=..... bleibt das C1 an der Stelle dann hängen, weil er keine Partition mit dieser UUID mehr findet.

WARUM dies passiert ist noch immer unklar.

Wie gesagt hat das alles aber nichts mit dem U3 zu tun, ich vermute hier ist es ein ganz anderes Problem und Du nutzt vermutliche eine sehr schnelle SD card UHS-1 oder UHS-3 welche vom U3 einfach nicht unterstützt wird (das Teil ist fast 5 Jahre alt ;))
Wie gesagt SanDisk Ultra laufen am besten und das ist auch eine Class 10, und da dass U3 eh max 15MB/sec kann ist es auch völlig egal ob Deine SD Karte 90MB/sec oder nur 45MB/sec kann, da es das U3 eh nicht ausreizen kann :)
meveric

Unread postby DerekBuegel » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Ich habe mal den Screenshot gemach (ist nicht besonders gut gelungen).
Es ist eine noname Class 10 4GB.

MfG
DerekBuegel

Unread postby meveric » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:34 pm

hmm wie immer ist in diesen Bildern nichts zu sehen. Diese zeigen in den seltensten Fällen was das Problem ist.
Sowas sieht man meistens nur wenn man ein UART verwendet.
Man sieht zwar, dass mmc mehrfach runter getaktet wird von 40MHz runter auf 20MHz am Ende und das könnte tatsächlich ein Indiz dafür SD kart Inkompatibilität sein.
Aber die eigentlichen Infos sind auf dem Bild nicht zu sehen.
Die SanDisk sind auch so ziemlich die billigsten Karten die man findet.

Ich kann nur empfehlen mal ne andere Karte zu testen.. alles andere wird vermutlich schwer rauszukriegen sein was es sein könnte.
meveric

Unread postby DerekBuegel » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:26 am

Ich habe eine Speicherkarte Class 6, die funktioniert und eine SD Class 10. Die Class 10 bleibt beim .....

Mein Problem ist, das ich gerne auf 2 oder 4GB mein Grundsystem aufsetze und dann eine komplette (unkomprimierte) Sicherung mache. Basis ist eben Dein Jessie, weil es so schön einzurichten geht.
Nur leider sind kleine Speicherkarten kaum noch zu finden und wenn deutlich teurer als 8GB.

Danke
DerekBuegel

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:49 am

Es gibt verschiedene Arten Sicherungen zu machen.. das image hier is unkomprimiert auch nur ca. 500 MB groß und ich erstell das image dennoch auf einer 32 GB SD Karte.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 am

I'm still trying to get 3d acceleration work on U3 updated to stretch.
I think DRI is not working.
I checked the Xorg logs and found the following:

[    10.468] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/armsoc_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/armsoc_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[    10.468] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

So, it can't find the armsoc_dri.so file. I checked the armsoc driver package and there is no such file there:
ivan@u3:~$ dpkg -L xf86-video-armsoc-odroid
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/xorg
/usr/lib/xorg/modules
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/armsoc_drv.la
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/armsoc_drv.so
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid/README
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man4
/usr/share/man/man4/armsoc.4.gz

Question: where should this file come from?
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:03 am

igagis wrote:I'm still trying to get 3d acceleration work on U3 updated to stretch.
I think DRI is not working.
I checked the Xorg logs and found the following:

[    10.468] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/armsoc_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/armsoc_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[    10.468] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

So, it can't find the armsoc_dri.so file. I checked the armsoc driver package and there is no such file there:
ivan@u3:~$ dpkg -L xf86-video-armsoc-odroid
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/xorg
/usr/lib/xorg/modules
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/armsoc_drv.la
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/armsoc_drv.so
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid/NEWS
/usr/share/doc/xf86-video-armsoc-odroid/README
/usr/share/man
/usr/share/man/man4
/usr/share/man/man4/armsoc.4.gz

Question: where should this file come from?

There is no dri driver for armsoc or ODROIDs in general, never was and who knows if there ever will be. That error can be ignored and does not affect 3D capabilities of the OS.

Please share your entire /var/log/Xorg.0.log file so we can check if armsoc is initialized correctly.
Also check on /dev/mali* if your user has access to the device.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 am

meveric wrote:Please share your entire /var/log/Xorg.0.log file so we can check if armsoc is initialized correctly.
Also check on /dev/mali* if your user has access to the device.

/dev/mali is owned by root:
ivan@u3:~$ ls /dev/mali
/dev/mali
ivan@u3:~$ ls -l /dev/mali
crw-rw-rw- 1 root video 10, 62 Jul 11 19:34 /dev/mali
ivan@u3:~$ groups
ivan sudo

And my user is not in the "video" group. Although, I tried running glmark2-es as root and got same result, 9-10 FPS in each scene.

Just to remind, as I already told, if I run "glmark2-es --off-screen" then I get 200-300 FPS for all scenes, but, of course, nothing is visible on screen.

The entire Xorg log attached
Xorg.0.log
Xorg log
(33.39 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:26 am

I really can't say what's the issue. I just turned on my image from a couple months back and it was working fine.
I'm currently uploading my image and will post the link here.. don't consider it production ready.. it's just a mashed up testing stuff..still I get 90-110 FPS on glmark2-es2

Edit:
I fell asleep last night (already was after 1am), but the upload is running right now, still it will take about 3hrs :(
You will find the download here: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/images/Stretch/testing/ and it should be about 1GB in size when it's done.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:52 pm

meveric wrote:I really can't say what's the issue. I just turned on my image from a couple months back and it was working fine.
I'm currently uploading my image and will post the link here.. don't consider it production ready.. it's just a mashed up testing stuff..still I get 90-110 FPS on glmark2-es2

Edit:
I fell asleep last night (already was after 1am), but the upload is running right now, still it will take about 3hrs :(
You will find the download here: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/images/Stretch/testing/ and it should be about 1GB in size when it's done.

Thank you, I will try that image in the evening.
igagis

Unread postby igagis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:48 am

meveric wrote:You will find the download here: https://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/images/Stretch/testing/ and it should be about 1GB in size when it's done.

Ok, I have tried your image and it gives better FPS, around 80 in most of the scenes of glmark2-es.
But I could not find the difference between your image and mine. The only thing is that I use XFCE and you use MATE. But I don't think it can be a problem... or can it?
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:33 am

Not sure the XFCE window manager had some issues in the past, at least under Ubuntu not sure how the current state is.
try installing a different window manager and switch to that on your image to see if that can be the case.

Maybe you have compositing activated?
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 am

meveric wrote:Not sure the XFCE window manager had some issues in the past, at least under Ubuntu not sure how the current state is.
try installing a different window manager and switch to that on your image to see if that can be the case.

Maybe you have compositing activated?

No idea about compositing, how do I check it, or deactivate it?

I will try installing MATE also.

Here is my xorg.conf, just in case
# X.Org X server configuration file for xfree86-video-mali

Section "Device"
   Identifier    "Mali-Fbdev"
   Driver      "armsoc"
   Option      "fbdev"              "/dev/fb0"
   Option     "Debug"       "false"
   Option      "DPMS"         "false"
   Option      "Fimg2DExa"      "true"
   Option      "DRI2"         "true"
   Option      "DRI2_PAGE_FLIP"   "false"
#   Option      "Fimg2DExaSolid"   "false"
#   Option      "Fimg2DExaCopy"      "false"
   Option      "Fimg2DExaComposite"   "true"
        Option          "SWcursorLCD"           "false"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   Identifier   "Default Screen"
   Device       "Mali-Fbdev"
   DefaultDepth 24
EndSection

Section "DRI"
   Mode 0666
EndSection
igagis

Unread postby meveric » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:51 am

xorg.conf hasn't changed from Jessie to Stretch, so that should be fine.

I don't really know where XFCE has it's config for compositing (I don't really like XFCE and don't use it for that matter), but I guess you should find info about this on google.
meveric

Unread postby igagis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:05 am

meveric wrote:xorg.conf hasn't changed from Jessie to Stretch, so that should be fine.

I don't really know where XFCE has it's config for compositing (I don't really like XFCE and don't use it for that matter), but I guess you should find info about this on google.

Hooray! That did it! I disabled compositing in XFCE4 and now I get 70 fps in most glmark2-es scenes! It was quite easy, could be done even from UI in Settings Manager -> Window Manager Tweaks -> Compositor.
Just for info, I use XFCE because it works faster than all others, even faster than LXDE.

Thank you very much for all the help! The solution appeared to be so easy, but that's how it always happens, spending days to find easy solution :).

Next thing is to make WiFi working, but I haven't bought WiFi dongle yet... so, later I might ask some questions about that also.
igagis

Unread postby Muenzi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi meveric,

after you helped me a lot with your GameStation project, again I have to ask you for help.

I want to use my second Odroid U3 as a server for printers and external hard drives. For performance issues, I prefer to use it command line based without a desktop environment. Unfortunately, I have some problems to setup WiFi by terminal.

After the first start of the odroid I connected it to the internet by Ethernet. Then I followed the update procedure
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

Now I plugged in my WiFi dongle which was recognized as wlan1. As iw was not installed I did
apt-get install iw
and tried to scan for my WiFi router by
iw dev wlan1 scan
afterwards. I got
nl80211 not found
as response. Surprisingly,
iwlist wlan1 scan
worked as expected. Additionally I tried to enable WiFi with
ifup wlan1
, but got
Ignoring unknown interface wlan1=wlan1

Can you tell what to do to enable WiFi with your image, please? If you prefer, you may answer in German as well. I was just writing in English in case another guy not speaking German has the same problems and is looking for asolution.
Muenzi

languages_spoken: english

Unread postby LiquidAcid » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 pm

You're confusing some tools here. The package iw provides exactly one tool, and that's iw. iwlist and iwconfig are both part of the package wireless-tools. wireless-tools uses the old/deprecated wext API, iw uses the newer nl80211 API. So if iwlist works for you, this just means that your WiFi hw/driver only supports the old API (and hence is crap *g*)
LiquidAcid

ODROIDs: X2

Unread postby meveric » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:49 am

there should also be wpasupplicant installed, which offers quite some tools to manage WLANs as well.

Also make sure you have the correct WLAN adapter.
Normally it starts with wlan0 not wlan1 so make sure you have the correct adapter.

Try ip addr show to see if you WLAN adapter is even listed at all.
meveric

Unread postby Muenzi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:21 am

Thanks for the help. I installed wicd-curses. Thereby I was able to setup WiFi easily from terminal.

Best regards,
Muenzi
Muenzi

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello,

i have some trouble with ubuntu so i have try debian...and im really surprised how it works :)
Even my death network card, came back to life :)

I have two problems:
1) if i reboot my u3 shuts down and doesn't come up...
2) I have something like this when it start: WARNING! power/level is deprecated; use power/control instead

I have connected emmc, sd, usb flash...and hub with external hdd.
My kernel:

PS.Thanks for your work :)
bpbiszkopt

ODROIDs: u3

Unread postby meveric » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure why these issues happen, I've seen them occasionally as well, in different constellations.
It's probably related with the extra devices you connect.

Can you try again without using additional devices on SD or USB ports?

You can also try if it makes a difference if you use "reboot" or "shutdown -r" for the reboot issue.
meveric

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:51 pm

I can't remove another devices because i have small emmc card, and i had move some sys folders to sd card.
But most of the time this warning about power isnt showing, so i dont bother off it.

Unfortunately there isn't difference between reboot and shutdown -r...
bpbiszkopt

ODROIDs: u3

Unread postby meveric » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Then I'm sorry I don't know what it could be.
Maybe one of the logs can give some hints what happens during that time, or you can try using an UART to see what happens.
meveric

Re: [OS] Debian Jessie - disable tty in boot.scr?

Unread postby roidi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:23 am

Hello,

I' m using this Debian Jessie and all works fine! But...I want to use a reader like this ( http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/howto/simpler_ir_leser ) on the Odroid U3. I got it working on a Raspi and want to use it now on the U3.
For that I thougt, I could use the UART-RXT-Line from ttySAC1 BUT this one is activated as default at bootup in the /boot/boot.scr-file.

setenv bootargs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC1,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro  mem=2047M"

I tried to delete the entry
console=tty1 console=ttySAC1,115200n8
but it won't work - no booting anymore, 'til the file is originally restored.
What looks strange, that the originalfile has special signs in it from the beginning in the first line.

How to do it correctly?
roidi

ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby odroid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:44 am

You have to use "mkimage" to generate a boot.scr file.
#mkimage -A xxxxxxxxxxxx boot.txt boot.scr

Just remove "console=ttySAC1,115200n8" portion.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby roidi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Doesn't work for me:

I copied the boot.scr to boot.txt and run

mkimage -T script -A arm -C none -n 'test' -d boot.txt boot.scr

After a reboot, the odroid doesn't boot anymore.
roidi

ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby meveric » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:31 am

there should already be a boot.txt somewhere either in the .rar file or on the original image.

You can't copy the .src and rename it .txt since it's a binary file.
The .txt file is pure text... you can copy the text that is inside the .scr file and make a .txt out of it.. just leave all the scrambled characters out of it.
meveric

Previous

Return to Other OS