CM12 Android movie lag

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

CM12 Android movie lag

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:44 pm

Hello,

I've change ubuntu 14 to android cm12 voodik version and now my odroid witch works pretty well with all of my movies hd/fhd/sd etc...there weren't any problems... change to device when opening a film is like "the wheel of fortune"...
Or it starts without problem, or there wont be video - only sound, or there will be mostly lags on movies...
I've change resolution on my tv from fhd to hd ...android works a little bit smother .... i've also did this because fhd movies mostly lags, so using this resolution doesn't give me any benefits.

I was trying with kodi 16.1 but there were problems like above, so i downgrade to 15.2, whether is better ? I dont think so... To fix movies without video i have to disable hardware acceleration, but then there is a lots of lags...cpu utilisation isn't on high level. MX player behaves mostly like kodi...it depends on movies sometimes better sometimes without any difference..

Is this is only my devices or using android on a u3 is like lottery ?
bpbiszkopt

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Re: CM12 Android movie lag

Unread postby odroid » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 pm

The video/audio file format, resolution, bit-rate could affect the video playback performance.
Make a list of your test video files with more detail information.
BTW, were those video files okay in Ubuntu Kodi?
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread postby bpbiszkopt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:26 pm

I'm not answering earlier because i want to be sure...
From the beginning i was thinking that my odroid are throttling... but why (and this isn't temperature i'm using fan..max temp. was 80 C) ? And on monday evening i was still searching...firstly i was thinking that this is because lolipop...kitkat works more fluently.
At lollipop i use odroid utlilty set governor to performance...but there wasnt performance in every place it was something like "jumping" ..works..stops...works...stops.

Odroid utlity doesn't work so i used kernel auditor- nothing, no frills - nothing....and then i found cpu tunner...after one click ...wow odroid takes second wind...+ 50 hp...
Movies not lagging...its dont stop at 100% but its much better...and answering to your question, yes Ubuntu kodi works perfectly and the same movies played under ubuntu works perfectly, under android wasn't, there is still in action scene "sloooow down" but it not stopping.

So summarizing...isnt as good as ubuntu...but now i'm not frustrating after clicking in any option because its worked.
bpbiszkopt

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: u3

Unread postby odroid » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:34 am

Thank you for the information about "CPU Tuner" app.
odroid
Site Admin

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Return to Android