Community Disk Images and Software for ODROID-U3

Moderators: mdrjr, odroid

Community Disk Images and Software for ODROID-U3

Unread postby robroy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:47 am

Are you looking for U3 software and prebuilt operating systems?

In addition to the official Hardkernel images available in this forum, there are community-sponsored repositories stocked with images and software based on the official versions, offering specialized Ubuntu, Android and Debian operating systems with many useful features such as hardware-accelerated video playback, web development, game emulation, internet and file servers, coding environments, compilation tools, security testing, desktop publishing, music production, hardware tinkering, and more!

Since all U2 software is 100% compatible with the U3, any U-series image listed in my ODROID software collection will run great on the U3.

For even more community and official images, read the sticky posts on the U2 Android forum, or check out @meveric's ODROID repository.

Please refer to the How-To forums for instructions on writing the images to your eMMC module or SD card.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)
robroy

languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2

Re: Community Disk Images and Software for ODROID-U3

Unread postby mek0n » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:02 am

Will you be releasing this with kitkat?
mek0n

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby robroy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:20 am

I plan to release a new image called Pocket Rocket II in May, based on the official KitKat release. I am waiting for a few bugs to be fixed in the official 4.4 KitKat image before releasing my version.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)
robroy

Unread postby mek0n » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Looking forward to the release of pocket rocket 2
mek0n

ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby Androchiel » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:55 am

Hi Rob, any news about the pocket roket 2 version?
Androchiel

languages_spoken: english Dutch
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2

Unread postby robroy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:08 am

Androchiel wrote:Hi Rob, any news about the pocket roket 2 version?

I'm waiting for the 4.4 build to stabilize before releasing it. Last time that I checked, it still needed Bluetooth and a few other things.

I will be updating my Pocket Rocket I image first, since 4.1.2 seems much improved recently, and doesn't have the Netflix "blank screen" issue anymore.

In the meantime, you can install the Epic Loot software collection apps (including XBMC) onto your copy of 4.4 Kitkat, then use the 1-Click Gapps Installer that comes with it to install Google Play. The rest of the apps on Pocket Rocket are available from the Play Store.
robroy

Unread postby mkkyah » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi Robroy,
Is there a way to force Netflix for HD (1080p/3000kbps) or superHD(6000kbps/1080p) on Odroid?
I was not totally happy with Netflix picture quality, but couldn't say details. Now with 4.4 image the application displays details when you play "Example Short 23.976" test film. It gets only 1750kbps/480p quality. (and there is still Netfix green banding issue with last image)
mkkyah

Unread postby HiDeHo » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Amy updates to this android version would love to see your 4.4 build.
I appreciate all who take the time to contribute to improve and help make things better for all.
HiDeHo

Unread postby robroy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:14 am

mkkyah wrote:Hi Robroy,
Is there a way to force Netflix for HD (1080p/3000kbps) or superHD(6000kbps/1080p) on Odroid?
I was not totally happy with Netflix picture quality, but couldn't say details. Now with 4.4 image the application displays details when you play "Example Short 23.976" test film. It gets only 1750kbps/480p quality. (and there is still Netfix green banding issue with last image)

IIRC, Netflix adjusts the resolution according to the network speed. I recommend posting a bug report on the 4.4 thread if you're having playback issues in Netflix.
robroy

Unread postby robroy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:15 am

HiDeHo wrote:Amy updates to this android version would love to see your 4.4 build.

4.4 isn't yet stable enough to build from, such as missing Bluetooth support. You can, however, replicate Pocket Rocket by installing the Epic Loot Software Collection, available from these forums, which includes XBMC and Gapps. Once Gapps is installed, the rest of the software can be downloaded from the Play Store.
robroy

Unread postby sarahah » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:34 pm

What is the latest Software for ODROID-U3 and how to update it? :?
sarahah

Return to Android