ODROID Magazine App Development Columnist Wanted

robroy
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2
Has thanked: 0

ODROID Magazine App Development Columnist Wanted

Unread post by robroy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:24 am

Do you have computer knowledge that you'd like to share with the ODROID community?

Join the ODROID Magazine Contributor Team and receive monthly hardware gift packages for published articles! Choose from any of the Hardkernel products such as the XU4, C2, N1, and many useful peripherals like a 64GB eMMC module. As an additional perk, you will also get FREE SHIPPING for additional items.

We are looking for a monthly columnist who would like to write about App Development, starting off with an introduction to app development tools, Java, graphical routines, game development, submitting to the Google Play Store, and interesting beginner to intermediate software projects.

Please respond to this thread, or PM me if want to contribute to ODROID Magazine!
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

Newfrequency
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU4, C2
Been thanked: 0

Re: ODROID Magazine App Development Columnist Wanted

Unread post by Newfrequency » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Ive made some simple apps. Some with Unity and some with UE4. Nothing to brag about. Mostly made to help my Autistic daughter to communicate. She cant talk so I developed an app that she can press buttons on the things she needs like food or water. Her disability is something id rather not go public about "magazine" but I hope u find some cool app devs. Always wondered if therr are any in the forums.

RandyHall
ODROIDs: C1

Unread post by RandyHall » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:50 pm

robroy wrote:Do you have computer knowledge that you'd like to share with the ODROID community?

Join the ODROID Magazine Contributor Team and receive monthly hardware gift packages for published articles! Choose from any of the Hardkernel products such as the XU4, C2, N1, and many useful peripherals like a 64GB eMMC module. As an additional perk, you will also get FREE SHIPPING for additional items.

We are looking for a monthly columnist who would like to write about App Development, starting off with an introduction to app development tools, Java, graphical routines, game development, submitting to the Google Play Store, and interesting beginner to intermediate software projects.

Please respond to this thread, or PM me if want to contribute to ODROID Magazine!
Howdy! I am a seasoned computer professional who has worked on software development for, well, a long time. I would love to be able to write some more esoteric app development and/or software porting articles for you guys.

I'm curious what you have in the hopper for content this next issue. Please let me know if I need to pitch an idea, or if you have some prompts to riff on for articles.

Looking forward to it!

RichSr40
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Xu4

Unread post by RichSr40 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:06 pm

Hey would you be interested in some "old" school wisdom and yet peppered with new school knowledge, I am a semi retired Satellite Telecommunications Engineer, who started his electronics engineering background back in 1972, on radios and televisions, then computers in yhe 80s with the alter8080 (Then Intel 8088..., Z80..), Motorola 6000 seies (apple, Mac,Comadore).
Then I went on to mainframes systems modification (high end microcode reworking), custom operating systems for Satellite and Ground systems.
Now I usally work auditing and validating others work or cleaning up disasters (unfortunately there seem to be a lot out there), [ I write up a report showing the problem and possible ways to corrrct and let them fix it]. I try to keep it simple in easy to read, and basic terms, so just about anyone would be able to understand it.

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:15 pm

Yes, absolutely! Please PM me your email address and we can go over the details :-)
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:39 pm

We are still looking for someone to take over this position, so please PM me if you are interested in contributing your knowledge!

Return to “ODROID Magazine”