ICS 4.0.4 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20140714)

robroy
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2

ICS 4.0.4 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20140714)

Unread post by robroy » Sun May 19, 2013 10:20 am

I created an Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 image with a core suite of applications for a set-top box.

Download the image here (SD card only):
http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 714.img.xz

European mirror by @traxo:
http://odroid.txmonitor.de/

Want to run Android from an eMMC module?
Use the Pocket Rocket image instead: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1321

Already have an Android image?
Upgrade your existing image to Couch Potato with the Epic Loot Software Collection, which includes XBMC 13, 1080p resolution and more: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1320

Applications:
  • Firefox
    XBMC 13.1 Gotham Beta with hardware acceleration (5/18 version)
    ES File Explorer
    Ultra Explorer
    Terminal Emulator
    MX Player
    tTorrent
    BluezIME Controller with HID pack for use with Wiimote
    Angry Birds Star Wars I and II
    Angry Birds Space
    RetroArch
    Ad Away
    Jota+ Text Editor
    Juice SSH
    bVNC
    Screen Orientation Control
    Stickmount
    full!screen
    Youtube
    Netflix
    TED Talks
    Pandora
    PC Radio
    BusyBox
    ZArchiver
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
  • 1. Configure the following apps and enable them with SuperUser permissions: StickMount, AdAway, full!screen, and Screen Orientation Control.
    2. Start DicePlayer, select "Settings", and click the "Custom Plugin" checkbox.
    3. Start MX Player, select "Settings", choose "Decoder", and click all of the "H/W+ decoder" checkboxes.
Optional steps: Feature in this release:
  • XBMC 13.1 Gotham Beta with hardware acceleration (5/18 version)
    Installable on 8GB SD card
Notes:
  • The folder "/sdcard/Bootstrap" contains the installation files for apps that were downloaded from the developers' websites. Please copy the Bootstrap directory to an external USB drive for system restore purposes as it contains everything you need to rebuild Couch Potato from the official HardKernel release.

USB drives are mounted in /sdcard/usbStorage once Stickmount is enabled.

XBMC 13 Gotham Beta is included for testing purposes. Install the 2/19 Stable version, located in /mnt/sdcard/Bootstrap/xbmc/frodo/, for the best XBMC experience. Nightly updates are available here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/.

If you experience poor playback in the Stable version of XBMC, use MX Player instead, which also has hardware acceleration.

You can provide feedback directly to the XBMC developers here: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=164.

Last edited by robroy on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:17 am, edited 58 times in total.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

deggaa
languages_spoken: english, norwegian
ODROIDs: U2

Re: ICS 4.0.3.1 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20130515)

Unread post by deggaa » Sun May 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Xpost from the Pocket Rocket thread, as it is relevant here as well:

"Thanks a heap! However, I'm just wondering - Has this ROM been tested for downloading torrents to a mechanical drive? The last time around I tried Android on my U2, I kept having these scheduler issues where I would quickly reach the maximum pending/outstanding write jobs allowed to the external drive, and then the downloads just stopped."

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sun May 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Torrents work ok, the I/O bugs were fixed recently.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

deggaa

Unread post by deggaa » Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 am

Good stuff! Disk Imager is doing its thing right now. Excited about trying it out. Do you by any chance accept donations through Paypal or something similar. Not that I have much to donate, but I feel that hardworking individuals such as yourself at least deserve some reward and monetary encouragement to keep up the good work :)

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 am

deggaa wrote:Good stuff! Disk Imager is doing its thing right now. Excited about trying it out. Do you by any chance accept donations through Paypal or something similar. Not that I have much to donate, but I feel that hardworking individuals such as yourself at least deserve some reward and monetary encouragement to keep up the good work :)
Great, thank you so much! I can PM you my paypal address if you would like to help fund future images :)

deggaa

Unread post by deggaa » Mon May 20, 2013 2:17 am

I doubt my donation will fund much more than a burger and a shake, but it's something at least. Who knows, maybe I'll start a trend :)

deggaa

Unread post by deggaa » Mon May 20, 2013 2:54 am

One little snag. No output to my screen. My TV detects the presence of something, but there is no signal. I remember having a similar problem with one of Hardkernels own Android images, where I had to wait to insert the micro hdmi until boot was complete, but no luck using this trick. If memory serves (I may be way off here due to my technical insight being limited to the monkey see monkey do approach), upon first boot Android copies a load of files and folders to the fat 32 partition on the emmc. No such thing has happened, so maybe this is some first boot failure.

Anyway, I'll try zeroing out the card and burning the image again. As far as I've gathered, not zeroing out the card frequently causes weird and mysterious errors. I always thought zeroing out an sd card before burning an image was about as useful as wiping your Dalvik cache three times in a row, but it's worth a shot I guess :)

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon May 20, 2013 3:16 am

deggaa wrote:One little snag. No output to my screen. My TV detects the presence of something, but there is no signal. I remember having a similar problem with one of Hardkernels own Android images, where I had to wait to insert the micro hdmi until boot was complete, but no luck using this trick. If memory serves (I may be way off here due to my technical insight being limited to the monkey see monkey do approach), upon first boot Android copies a load of files and folders to the fat 32 partition on the emmc. No such thing has happened, so maybe this is some first boot failure.
The FAT32 partition is pre-built and the dalvik-cache is wiped, so you should see the Android logo, followed by a long "Optimizing apps" message, on your first boot.

The resolution is defaulted to 1080p, so you can try deleting the "boot.scr" and "boot.ini" files on the FAT32 partition to reset back to 720p and see if that works with your monitor. Use File Explorer to navigate to the sd card partition, remove the files, and reboot.
Anyway, I'll try zeroing out the card and burning the image again. As far as I've gathered, not zeroing out the card frequently causes weird and mysterious errors. I always thought zeroing out an sd card before burning an image was about as useful as wiping your Dalvik cache three times in a row, but it's worth a shot I guess :)
Always zero out your card, otherwise it will contain ghosts of past images that will haunt you :lol:

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon May 20, 2013 3:47 am

deggaa wrote:I doubt my donation will fund much more than a burger and a shake, but it's something at least. Who knows, maybe I'll start a trend :)
Thank you very much for the donation! I'm a vegetarian so probably a coconut smoothie and an avocado salad :D

deggaa

Unread post by deggaa » Mon May 20, 2013 4:44 am

robroyhall wrote:
deggaa wrote:One little snag. No output to my screen. My TV detects the presence of something, but there is no signal. I remember having a similar problem with one of Hardkernels own Android images, where I had to wait to insert the micro hdmi until boot was complete, but no luck using this trick. If memory serves (I may be way off here due to my technical insight being limited to the monkey see monkey do approach), upon first boot Android copies a load of files and folders to the fat 32 partition on the emmc. No such thing has happened, so maybe this is some first boot failure.
The FAT32 partition is pre-built and the dalvik-cache is wiped, so you should see the Android logo, followed by a long "Optimizing apps" message, on your first boot.

The resolution is defaulted to 1080p, so you can try deleting the "boot.scr" and "boot.ini" files on the FAT32 partition to reset back to 720p and see if that works with your monitor. Use File Explorer to navigate to the sd card partition, remove the files, and reboot.
Always zero out your card, otherwise it will contain ghosts of past images that will haunt you :lol:
Marley's ghost image :) I tried zeroing out the card, no difference, then tried removing the boot files to see if 720p made a difference, which it didn't. Then I tried the same for Pocket Rocket, which also didn't work. Something just struck me however. Does it matter that I'm using the emmc card instead of a regular sd card? HKs own ROMS come in separate editions, one for emmc and one for sd card.

My plan of action is to try HK's 1.6 beta, and then back to Linaro if that doesn't work either. If the problem persists, I guess the HDMI port might have offed itself while I was away for the weekend :)

Thanks for the help so far!

Edit: The official HK 1.6 for emmc loaded up just fine, so I guess maybe the whole sd card/emmc-thing was the issue?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 am

Edit: The official HK 1.6 for emmc loaded up just fine, so I guess maybe the whole sd card/emmc-thing was the issue?
Yes, this release of Couch Potato does not yet have an eMMC installer. Please let me know if you figure out how to get it onto the eMMC like HardKernel does :)

PeterRavnMikkelsen
languages_spoken: English, Swedish, Danish
ODROIDs: U2, C2

Unread post by PeterRavnMikkelsen » Mon May 20, 2013 6:37 am

Hi deggaa,

I had similar problems with various Android images. It turned out to be related to the USB ports. If I had anything connected to the USB ports, the kernel started up fine with blinking blue LED and all, but no picture. The TV reported that something was connected but nothing else happened.

Try to disconnect ALL USB stuff from your Odroid and see what happens. Remember to power off for ten seconds before unplugging the USB devices, then reboot without any USB devices attached. I only needed to do this once and then I could plug USB devices into my U2 without any problems. It wasn't related to high currents being used from the USB port, even 20mA dongles resulted in black screens. I use a 2,5 amp PSU thats soldered directly to the U2 PCB.

I haven't got any issues with the various Linux images I have tested. They work without any problems first time around.

A little note on EMC though. I have a BR/amplifier combo with a lot of DSP's and digital circuitry. When I temporary had my U2 placed on top of it, I had green screen problems and random resets. The U2 has a very open design when it comes to EMC shielding. So when I moved my U2 away from all my other noisy electronics, my green screens and resets disappeared. The crosstalk between electronic units will vary from setup to setup, so consider the placement of the Odroid. Don't 'snakepit' the cabling too much or you could run into problems. My U2 is rock solid now and I haven't had any resets or anything else weird for four weeks :-)

Held og lykke norske bror :-)
Last edited by PeterRavnMikkelsen on Mon May 20, 2013 7:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

deggaa

Unread post by deggaa » Mon May 20, 2013 7:00 am

robroyhall wrote:
Yes, this release of Couch Potato does not yet have an eMMC installer. Please let me know if you figure out how to get it onto the eMMC like HardKernel does :)
The likelihood of me figuring that out is virtually zero :) As it turns out, I still have the same problems with my external hard drive in Android as before, so it's back on the shelf for the U2 until hardware accelerated video playback is possible in Linux.

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon May 20, 2013 12:26 pm

The likelihood of me figuring that out is virtually zero :) As it turns out, I still have the same problems with my external hard drive in Android as before, so it's back on the shelf for the U2 until hardware accelerated video playback is possible in Linux.
It seems a shame to bench your U2 :o Couch Potato has really good HD video playback, and you can still browse, play games, torrent and remote desktop. Android is better for gaming, too.

USB drives should be visible in both operating systems if they're formatted as FAT32. There are also Android apps like NTFS mounter that will mount NTFS drives.

It's also possible to configure Android XBMC to get its media from a Samba server or network drive on your main computer.

deivid
languages_spoken: english, spanish

Unread post by deivid » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:12 pm

rob,
could you add what I asked for in the other thread? I've tried this image and it works way better than pocket rocket.
It was a
*samba client ( cifsmanager is pretty good )
*Performance as the default governor
*kernel up to 2ghz

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 pm

deivid wrote:rob,
could you add what I asked for in the other thread? I've tried this image and it works way better than pocket rocket.
It was a
*samba client ( cifsmanager is pretty good )
*Performance as the default governor
*kernel up to 2ghz
I will evaluate cifsmanager. Dont forget to support future Odroid development by using the Donate link in my signature.

I use the standard HK kernels in my public Android images. I am planning a Professional Series Cyanogenmod image called Big Tiny that will have an accelerated kernel.

You can ask @mdrjr to build you a custom kernel. He has a thread started for it.

mikhail.timofeev
languages_spoken: english, russian
ODROIDs: u2

Unread post by mikhail.timofeev » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Hello, I tried to establish your assembly, the keyboard and a mouse doesn't work. Whether USB web camera with OpenCV library in this assembly will work? ?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:42 am

mikhail.timofeev wrote:Hello, I tried to establish your assembly, the keyboard and a mouse doesn't work. Whether USB web camera with OpenCV library in this assembly will work? ?
Try reflashing the image if the mouse and keyboard aren't working. This image supports the same keyboard and mice as the original HK version.

OpenCV support: http://codewalkerster.blogspot.com/2013 ... ebcam.html

robroy

Re: ICS 4.0.3.1 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20130622)

Unread post by robroy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:26 am

New features:
  • Alpha XBMC 13 Gotham Libstagefright Hardware-Accelerated Build (6/20 Nightly Version)
    CIFS Manager
    MXPlayer
    Archos Video Player Free
    Lucky Patcher
The nightly unstable build of XBMC Gotham Alpha is pre-installed for testing purposes.

If you experience poor playback in XBMC, install the monthly version located in "/mnt/sdcard/Bootstrap/xbmc/monthly/" instead.

You can provide feedback directly to the XBMC developers here: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=164

Enjoy!

deivid

Re: ICS 4.0.4 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20130622)

Unread post by deivid » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:55 am

works pretty well, best so far.
"unrelated": the nightly build of xbmc has perfect video but choppy sound, the monthly build of xbmc has perfect sound but choppy video, looks like we are almost there

DiscoDave
languages_spoken: English, German

Unread post by DiscoDave » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:30 am

deivid wrote:works pretty well, best so far.
"unrelated": the nightly build of xbmc has perfect video but choppy sound, the monthly build of xbmc has perfect sound but choppy video, looks like we are almost there
Try the libstagefright builds.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/and ... bi-v7a.apk

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:05 am

DiscoDave wrote:
deivid wrote:works pretty well, best so far.
Try the libstagefright builds.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/and ... bi-v7a.apk
He is referencing the development libstagefright builds for XBMC 13 (Gotham Alpha 4), which was recently included with Couch Potato and Pocket Rocket.

You linked a really good build and I recommend using it until XBMC 13 reaches beta.

Androchiel
languages_spoken: english Dutch
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2

Re: ICS 4.0.4 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20130630)

Unread post by Androchiel » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Today i have installed the latest version of potato .
(SDR Toch is now working again in this version).
But now i have another problem, the resolution.
I have write the image to a 32GB sd card.
When it was burnd , it work fine.
I had small icons ( i don`t now i think 1080 , i am running on a pc monitor with a hdmi converter to vga)
But after resizing the sd fat to the max partionion i have large icons .
I use a live cd version of Gparted, and i like it.
But now i running in a lower resolution, i have check the boot.scr in my root and its present.
What can be wrong ?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Androchiel wrote:Today i have installed the latest version of potato .
(SDR Toch is now working again in this version).
But now i have another problem, the resolution.
I have write the image to a 32GB sd card.
When it was burnd , it work fine.
I had small icons ( i don`t now i think 1080 , i am running on a pc monitor with a hdmi converter to vga)
But after resizing the sd fat to the max partionion i have large icons .
I use a live cd version of Gparted, and i like it.
But now i running in a lower resolution, i have check the boot.scr in my root and its present.
What can be wrong ?
From the original post:
1. Resize the SD card partition: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1582
Follow the instructions exactly and the 1080p resolution will be restored.
Last edited by robroy on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Androchiel

Unread post by Androchiel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:43 am

Hi Rob,

Now it`s working great !
Thanks.

Michiel
Last edited by Androchiel on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:07 am

Androchiel wrote:Hi Rob,

Now its work great !
Thanks.

Michiel
You're welcome! It took me several hours of trial and error to come up with the guide, it is not an easy trick!

Thank you for the recent donation, Michiel, it is much appreciated :D

Androchiel

Unread post by Androchiel » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 am

you deserve it :D

robroy

Re: ICS 4.0.4 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20130825)

Unread post by robroy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:24 am

New features in this release:
  • Alpha XBMC 13 Gotham Libstagefright Hardware-Accelerated Build (2/19 Stable, 8/2 Monthly and 8/16 Nightly versions)
    Replaced Lucky Patcher with AdAway
    Replaced uTorrent with tTorrent for added features and stability
    Replaced File Manager with Ultra Explorer (more here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... p=39772628)
    Replaced Terminal with Terminal Emulator
Enjoy!

littleguy
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: ODroid-U2

Unread post by littleguy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:50 am

Wow this is sick - thank's a bunch!

I couldn't gather from the thread, but how does updating work? Just redownload the image?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:19 am

littleguy wrote:Wow this is sick - thank's a bunch!
:D :D :D
I couldn't gather from the thread, but how does updating work?
The kernel for ICS is stable, so no more updates there.

I always post what changes between versions, so you can keep your existing copy of Couch Potato in sync when I release an update by downloading the new apps from Google Play Store.

The latest stable version of any apps that are not on the Google Play Store, such as AdAway and XBMC, are included in my Android Epic Loot Software Collection: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1323

Punky

Unread post by Punky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Is anyone else having problem starting the webserver?
Whenever I try to enable the webserver, I get an error "webserver failed to load"

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:38 am

Punky wrote:Is anyone else having problem starting the webserver?
Whenever I try to enable the webserver, I get an error "webserver failed to load"
I didnt include a web server application in this image :?

Punky

Unread post by Punky » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:59 am

Is it difficult task for one to install webserver application onto this image?
Thanks,
Punky

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:31 am

Punky wrote:Is it difficult task for one to install webserver application onto this image?
Thanks,
Punky
There are lots of web server apps available through Google Play Store.

If you're more advanced, you can run Apache via Linux chroot (more here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1920)

You're more likely to get a full answer if you create a new thread.

robroy

Re: ICS 4.0.4 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20131006)

Unread post by robroy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am

• Updated XBMC to 10/6 Nightly version
Enjoy!

sert00
languages_spoken: english,italian
ODROIDs: ODROID-U2*2__ODROID-U3__ODROID-XU-E__ODROID-XU-Ebeta__ODROID-C1__ODROID-XU4

Unread post by sert00 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 pm

2x Odroid-U2
2x Odroid-XU-E
Odroid-U3
Odroid-C1+
Odroid-XU4
Lcd touch panel 10.1"
....and many of the goodies available....

deivid

Unread post by deivid » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 am

How is the general performance in this iso compared to stock? and compared to stock JB/Pocket rocket? And with xbmc (vs stock, JB/pocket rocket)? I'm running off a sd card.

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:42 am

deivid wrote:How is the general performance in this iso compared to stock?
They're the same image.
and compared to stock JB/Pocket rocket?
ICS has a more mature kernel since HK worked on it longer, but they are identical images otherwise. Couch Potato is basically the SD card version of Pocket Rocket, since the ICS kernel and environment run well from SD card but Jelly Bean does not.
And with xbmc (vs stock, JB/pocket rocket)? I'm running off a sd card.
XBMC performs well on all the images, but you will get the best all-around performance running Pocket Rocket from eMMC.

toc
ODROIDs: 2x U2 with mSDs
2x U2 with emmc + fans
1x U3 with 16gb emmc, Battery, Fan & Case!!!!
2x X2+ with emmc
6x C2 with eMMC & SD
2x XU4Q + Fan

Unread post by toc » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:32 pm

This has to be my favorite image so far, well least issues anyway!

Ive replaced the explorers for ES file explorer as none would browser my network (SMB) but ES file explorer works fine its what I use on all my android devices.

Anyone found a way to adjust the screen from the overscan, I have 2 quality TVs and both dont show the whole screen Ive got 3 other android devices and God knows how many other devices and no issues, I did read about DVI modes but their on the newer versions of the stock image! is there nothing to work on this?

Also anyone over clocking ? without having to recompile this that and the other ?

robroy

Re: ICS 4.0.4 Couch Potato for ODROID-U2 (20131020)

Unread post by robroy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:12 am

• 1. Replaced ASTRO File Manager with ES File Explorer.
    2. Replaced Splashtop with bVNC for compatibility with Vino VNC server.
Enjoy !

suriyan
ODROIDs: odroid-u2/xu-e/u3/x2/xu3/c1

Unread post by suriyan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:29 am

robroyhall wrote:New features in this release:
  • 1. Replaced ASTRO File Manager with ES File Explorer.
    2. Replaced Splashtop with bVNC for compatibility with Vino VNC server.
Enjoy !
I shall pick this image up for testing android booting with u-boot menus! I am downloading the image as I type.

littleguy
ODROIDs: ODroid-U2

Unread post by littleguy » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:08 am

Thanks for this iso.

Is it possible to remove the bottom android bar in XBMC? it's really annoying that you can see the back / home / windows buttons when playing videos in full screen...

memeka
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread post by memeka » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:15 am

install and activate full!screen app

Cartridge
languages_spoken: english, french natively
ODROIDs: The Perfect ODROID-U2, ODROID-U3+, C1, XU3

Unread post by Cartridge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Any way I can get my PS3 controller to work without paying for an app to make it work. I noticed there's an application for that in this distro but it looks like it's bluetooth only. I don't have any bluetooth dongle. Also, how to set SU permissions to apps? Is it already rooted?

--edit--
I just had to run the program to allow it to superuser, it is already rooted ^_^, still no PS3 compatibility, other than plugging it in and feeling like it's a keyboard, can't play any games.

--edit--
I paid for an app T_T... I just hope it works. This is the pain of BUYING APPS... you never know if it's a scam or it works with a scam behind the scenes or it's truthfully a working app.
http://cartridgeports.cf/
ODROID's DO what WinDON'T "That's Blast Processing!"

Cartridge

Unread post by Cartridge » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:05 pm

I bought Sixaxis Controller app from google play, and it looks bluetooth only too. I can't do zit with it.

--edit--
No refund too.
I bought another app Sixaxis Enabler, seems to do the job as joystick tests shows the PS3 controller in working condition.
Still no success in trying to make it work in a game or map buttons for that matter (Tinycore Keymapper ((Crap app)) only app I tried yet to map buttons. )

--edit2--
Got it to work finally, but just barely. I can now play Carmageddon on android! (Promo :P got it the day it came out)

Cartridge

Unread post by Cartridge » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:17 am

I have had it with the black and blue outlined cursor. I fail to see it due to ...Eye problems, let's leave it at that. I have to move it a lot to then get a glimpse of it moving and try to stay on track of it moving. There is only 1 program on all of the Play Store/Android Market that can change the cursor (Not even natively, only overlay) and it's only bluetooth! I sent a message to the founder of that program if there was a possibility that he would implement USB Mode overtime, with no response as of yet (Of course because it has just been sent a couple minutes ago) Did anyone have been able to change the mouse image? Is it even possible?

P.S. I know this is not image dependant, it's Android's default image of the cursor.

Pitrek
languages_spoken: polish

Unread post by Pitrek » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:22 pm

I need help
I install this image on my microSD 16GB.
And I have 2 problem.
1. On my TV (1920 X 1080) screen is so big I want smaller screen.
2. My odroid sometimes auto reset.

I need fast help

Cartridge

Unread post by Cartridge » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Pitrek, you may have Overscan on, on your TV. Turn it off. If an OLD LCD, reboot your TV.

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:03 am

Pitrek wrote:I need help
I install this image on my microSD 16GB.
And I have 2 problem.
1. On my TV (1920 X 1080) screen is so big I want smaller screen.
2. My odroid sometimes auto reset.

I need fast help
1. Remove the "boot.scr" file from /mnt/sdcard/ and reboot for 720p.
2. Please provide more information.

Pitrek
languages_spoken: polish

Unread post by Pitrek » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:13 am

First problem is complet . I configuration my TV .
But second problem is very uncomfortable .
For example when I want search anything in google chrome , or firefox , or Delphin, or Photon Browser my odroid reset .
But when I play in Angry Birds Space or when I use ES Explorer wirh connect to my samba server I can do it without reset .

Return to “Android”