Download the image here:
Kernel 3.4.67 (Stable): http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 111.img.xz
Kernel 3.11-rc7 (Beta): http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 112.img.xz
European mirror by @traxo:
Want to upgrade your existing Particle image?
Kernel 3.4 updates: http://builder.mdrjr.net/tools/kernel-update.sh
Kernel 3.11 updates: https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tre ... d-3.11-rc7
Applications: OpenSSH, Libgcc 4.8 and Nginx
If you enjoy my contributions to the Hard Kernel community, please consider donating an amount of your choice via the link in my signature.
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
- 1. Resize the "rootfs" partition to fit your SD card. This is best done on another Linux system using the GParted utility.
2. Change your server time zone from PST using "dpkg-reconfigure tzdata".
3. Nginx may be removed by typing "sudo apt-get autoremove nginx-light nginx-common".
4. The kernel build tools and source included with the Beta version may be deleted to free disk space by typing "sudo rm -rf ~/Public/kernel/".
- 1. The kernel has an on-demand maximum clock frequency of 1.8GHz.
2. All upgrades and updates have been run using aptitude and apt-get.
3. All X11, orphaned and obsolete packages have been purged, including the original kernel.
4. TFTP and USB support in U-Boot by @suriyan (more here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2601)
- Official HK Kernel 3.4.67 (commit e43e1c206e09f31715c0bddf621b403f9ff1d777)
Beta version includes kernel builds scripts for Kernel 3.11.0-rc7 (commit 4521a9df0bb9c10d5fa885e10182ca0f6990c0df)
Headless image (SSH and USB-UART serial console only)
Nginx web server (more here: http://wiki.nginx.org/Main)
Installable on 4GB eMMC
- This image is a light-weight version of Quiet Giant that boots to a web server in 15 seconds, uses 64MB of memory, and requires only 1.5GB of disk space. Benchmarks here: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1311 ... 310259SO12.
Use "shutdown -h now" when powering down to avoid single-user maintenance mode, ensuring that the rootfs unmounts cleanly.
- Kernel 3.11 does not yet support SD card, USB 3.0 or HDMI, but both are available in Kernel 3.4.67, which is included as a fallback. To use Kernel 3.4.67, remove all files in /boot except /backup, then recopy the files from the /boot/backup/3.4.67 folder into /boot and restart.
Kernel update and build tools are stored in ~/Public/kernel/. To compile the most recent updates to Kernel 3.11, use download.sh to pull the latest source from Github and follow the on-screen instructions to compile and install the kernel. After building, a kernel installation package is available in ~/Public/kernel/odroid-3.11-rc7/release/odroidxu_defconfig/ for posting and sharing.