Download the image here:
http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 222.img.xz
European mirror by @traxo:
Keep your Whisper image updated:
Kernel updates: http://builder.mdrjr.net/tools/kernel-update.sh
Applications: Firefox, Chromium, Xine, Gimp, Transmission, Filezilla and Oracle JDK 8.
Autologin is enabled and boots directly to a single-user Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE) running Xfce desktop.
If you enjoy my contributions to the Hard Kernel community, please consider donating an amount of your choice via the link in my signature.
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
- 1. Resize the "rootfs" partition to fit your SD card. This is best done on another Linux system using the GParted utility.
2. Set your time zone using "sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata", or press the Up arrow in the Terminal window on first boot.
3. Set your language using Preferences -> Language Support.
- 1. The kernel has an on-demand maximum clock frequency of 1.8GHz.
2. Firefox has the IcedTea7 plugin installed for Java browser applets, and uses the built-in HTML5 player which is not compatible with Flash. Chromium has the Pepper Flash plugin installed for viewing Flash videos. Both Chromium and Firefox have the Adblock Plus add-on. The default browser is Chromium.
3. All upgrades and updates have been run using aptitude, apt-get and synaptic.
4. All orphaned and obsolete packages have been purged, including the original kernel.
5. Lots of quality-of-life tweaks, such as setting folder preferences to List View, removing the Battery icon from the Status bar, setting the Chromium and Firefox preferences to their highest privacy settings, and installing wallpapers (/usr/share/wallpapers).
- Authentic Canonical Ubuntu 13.10
Official HK kernel 3.4.75 (commit 89afccf8a33ee98679e8235aee5b957986158916)
Oracle JDK 8 September 2013
Joystick support for most controllers, including Xbox 360, Wiimote and PS3 (more here: http://www.winko-erades.nl/index.php?op ... se-the-wii)
Vino and Remmina VNC server and client (more here: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-266981.html)
Samba file sharing server
Installable on 8GB SD or eMMC
- This image boots to a desktop in 14 seconds, uses 150MB of memory, and requires only 3 GB of disk space.
Vino VNC server may be started via SSH by typing "vino" after enabling Desktop Sharing using "vino-preferences".
Optional USB and TFTP boot support is available with the updated bootloader by @suriyan (more here: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2601)