Download the image here:
http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 308.img.xz
European mirror by @traxo:
Want to upgrade your existing Quiet Giant image?
Kernel updates: http://builder.mdrjr.net/tools/kernel-update.sh
Servers: Mail, DNS, Tomcat, MySQL, Apache 2, JRuby, PHP 5, FTP, Samba, Open SSH and Minecraft/Spigot.
If you enjoy my contributions to the Hard Kernel community, please consider donating an amount of your choice via the link in my signature.
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
- 1. Resize the "rootfs" partition to fit your SD card. This is best done on another Linux system using the GParted utility.
2. Remove unused servers with tasksel to free up memory and processor cycles.
3. Change your server time zone from UTC using "dpkg-reconfigure tzdata".
4. Change the MySQL admin password which defaults to blank.
- 1. The kernel has an on-demand maximum clock frequency of 1.8GHz.
2. All upgrades and updates have been run using aptitude and apt-get.
3. All orphaned and obsolete packages have been purged, including the original kernel.
- Official HK kernel 3.4.75 (commit 88727487c1ed7a73f9c8233484a00de1b1cf7adc)
Oracle JDK8 September 2013
Blackbox Desktop Environment
Headless server (SSH, USB-UART serial output, or HDMI desktop)
Apache 2 web server running JRuby and PHP 5
Samba shares at /var/www/, /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT, and /home/odroid/Documents for sandbox website development
MySQL server integrated with Spigot and Apache
Spigot 1.6.4 server with Factions, Factions Plus, Hunger Games, PVP Arena, Kit PVP, World Edit, Vault, Essentials and more
Installable on 8GB eMMC
- All servers are started on boot except for Spigot.
Approximately 350MB of RAM is used when all 8 servers are running, leaving 1.65GB free for server use.
Use "shutdown -h now" when powering down to avoid single-user maintenance mode, ensuring that the rootfs unmounts cleanly.
Swap is enabled in the kernel, which extends memory beyond 2GB (more here: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-add- ... ile-howto/)
Follow this guide to use Nginx instead of Apache after uninstalling Apache: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=167
Spigot version 1.6.4 is installed in /home/odroid/Public/, and may be started with:
Code: Select all
cd ~/Public/spigot ./spigot.sh