KitKat 4.4.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20150125)

robroy
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2

KitKat 4.4.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20150125)

Unread post by robroy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 pm

I created an Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 image with a core suite of applications for a set-top box.

Download the image here (eMMC only):
KitKat 4.4.2 (Beta): http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 125.img.xz
JellyBean 4.2.2 (Stable): http://oph.mdrjr.net/robroyhall/images/ ... 714.img.xz

Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU is only available for eMMC module. When writing to eMMC, use the eMMC->SD card adapter that came with your module and copy the image directly. It may be necessary to use the eMMC recovery tool before writing this image: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4778

Already have an Android image?
Upgrade your existing image to Pocket Rocket with the Epic Loot Software Collection, which includes Kodi 14 and more: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=8787

Applications:
  • Chrome
    Firefox
    Kodi 14 Helix with hardware acceleration
    Gmail
    Google Drive
    ES File Explorer
    Ultra Explorer
    Terminal Emulator
    MX Player
    tTorrent
    BluezIME Controller with HID pack for use with Wiimote
    Angry Birds Star Wars I and II
    Angry Birds Space
    RetroArch
    Ad Away
    Jota+ Text Editor
    Juice SSH
    bVNC
    Screen Orientation Control
    Stickmount
    full!screen
    Youtube
    Netflix
    TED Talks
    Pandora
    PC Radio
    BusyBox
    ZArchiver
Customizations left for you upon burning the image to your card:
  • 1. Configure the following apps and enable them with SuperUser permissions: AdAway, full!screen, and Screen Orientation Control.
    2. Start MXPlayer, select "Settings", choose "Decoder", and click all of the "H/W+ decoder" checkboxes.
Optional steps: Features in this release:
  • Kodi 14 Helix with hardware acceleration
    Installable on 8GB eMMC
Notes:
  • KitKat 4.4.2 is still in Beta, and some features may not yet be working properly. Please provide feedback and bug reports directly to the Hardkernel developers on the main KitKat thread if you encounter any issues.

When resizing the partitions using Gparted on a 64GB eMMC module, the FAT32 partition has a limit of 32GB in order to be recognized by the bootloader. It's recommended to backup, delete, recreate and restore the files to the FAT32 partition instead of resizing it.

The folder "/sdcard/Bootstrap" contains the installation files for apps that were downloaded from the developers' websites. Please copy the Bootstrap directory to an external USB drive for system restore purposes as it contains everything you need to rebuild Pocket Rocket from the official HardKernel release.

If you experience poor playback in Kodi, use MX Player instead, which also has hardware acceleration.

You can provide feedback directly to the Kodi developers here: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=164.

Kodi nightly updates are available here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/.

Last edited by robroy on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:06 pm, edited 47 times in total.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

abechayak
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid xu

Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20131006)

Unread post by abechayak » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:58 pm

DO you have the image for sd card? thanks

robroy

Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20131006)

Unread post by robroy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:18 pm

abechayak wrote:DO you have the image for sd card? thanks
I used to publish an SD card version of Android, but there were too many timeout popup warnings that interrupted normal use, even on a Class 10+ 15MB/s SD card.

Android is designed to run from eMMC, and I managed to keep the image size under 8GB to fit the smallest eMMC that Hard Kernel sells.

To upgrade your current Android 4.2.2 SD card image to Pocket Rocket:
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

robroy

Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20131020)

Unread post by robroy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:12 am

New features in this release:
  • 1. Replaced ASTRO File Manager with ES File Explorer.
    2. Replaced Splashtop with bVNC for compatibility with Vino VNC server.
Enjoy !

jacakk
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: XU Rev 0.3 20130717

Unread post by jacakk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 am

robroyhall wrote:forked from the official Hard Kernel release
I have question. Are you basing on offical Android 4.2.2 BSP Alpha 2.0 Release? Or maybe some git/svn source?

You should put this information in "about release".

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:56 am

jacakk wrote: I have question. Are you basing on offical Android 4.2.2 BSP Alpha 2.0 Release? Or maybe some git/svn source?
Hard Kernel 0.4 Alpha release (build JDQ39E)
You should put this information in "about release".
My releases are usually in-step with the latest versions available from Hard Kernel.

In this case, I built using the version available from dn.odroid.com on 10/20/2013.

I added a note to the original post, thank you for letting me know :)

memeka
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread post by memeka » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:16 am

Any chance of getting APPLE_HID kernel module?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 am

memeka wrote:Any chance of getting APPLE_HID kernel module?
How do I install it?

memeka
ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread post by memeka » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:28 am

Need to recompile the kernel, with CONFIGURE_APPLE_HID=y

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 am

memeka wrote:Need to recompile the kernel, with CONFIGURE_APPLE_HID=y
I usually leave @codewalker's pre-built kernels in my public Android images. Otherwise, I would have to do a custom kernel from source every time that @codewalker released a new kernel update package, instead of being able to install his packages with the CM updater.

Also, unless the module is added upstream, anyone who owns the Pocket Rocket image would lose Apple peripheral support by installing future official Odroid updates.

However, I'm sure that @mdrjr or @codewalker would consider globally enable the option in their upcoming 0.5 release, if you ask nicely :)

When I see the next kernel update posted, I'll grab the CM Updater zip file and re-publish Pocket Rocket.

I recommend that you test on your local copy first, and then create a new thread directed at the Android developers.

NoProblem

Unread post by NoProblem » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Rob thanks again for your image , I know you are using v.0.4 recovery image however , I am getting a yellowish on white on my tv , I thought this was fixed but it seems to still be happening to me

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:41 pm

NoProblem wrote:Rob thanks again for your image , I know you are using v.0.4 recovery image however , I am getting a yellowish on white on my tv , I thought this was fixed but it seems to still be happening to me
Have you created a new thread for the issue?

robroy

Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20131226)

Unread post by robroy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:29 am

• Added Firefox and Angry Birds Star Wars II
    Update XBMC to 12/16 Nightly version
Enjoy !

rdroid
ODROIDs: None, yet!

Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20140101)

Unread post by rdroid » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Thinking of buying an XU but want to check no one has had any issues with h/w accelerated video playback, particularly 1080p high quality/large file rips I.e. Bluray, mkv h.264 etc. This looks like the best Android build for xbmc for the XU so figured this would be a good place to ask.

Has anyone had any issues with frameskipping, stuttering, delays, slow playback etc?

I bought a Rikomagic mk802iv TV stick and its poor for high quality 1080p videos, stuttery! I'm hoping this device will be perfectly smooth......

EDIT: I'm also wondering how noisy this thing is? Is it silent enough to not hear it at all 10 feet away and leave running overnight in my bedroom and be able to sleep?!

odroid
Site Admin
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Give me a couple of links of the test video.
We will try to playback with the XBMC on Android 1080p output and let you know the result.

If there is no heavy computing load, the fan doesn't run or runs very slowly.

rdroid

Unread post by rdroid » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:03 am

@odroid I have sent you a PM with details of an example

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:18 am

rdroid wrote:@odroid I have sent you a PM with details of an example
Would you mind posting them on this thread?

I would like to see, for comparison, how XBMC handles them using Pocket Rocket for the ODROID-U2.

rdroid

Unread post by rdroid » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:38 am

robroyhall wrote:
rdroid wrote:@odroid I have sent you a PM with details of an example
Would you mind posting them on this thread?

I would like to see, for comparison, how XBMC handles them using Pocket Rocket for the ODROID-U2.
The only video I know had issues us the following torrent:

grown-ups-2-2013-1080p-brrip-x264-yify

Sorry I don't have anything smaller/more legit but I have sent the mk802iv back now - wasn't happy at all!

If you did test this video on a U2/3 it would be hugely appreciated as I'm actually hoping to buy a U3 instead. The XU is a bit out of my budget and I'm now thinking it may be overkill just to play videos I.e. I won't see any noticeable difference between the U3 and XU?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 pm

rdroid wrote: If you did test this video on a U2/3 it would be hugely appreciated as I'm actually hoping to buy a U3 instead. The XU is a bit out of my budget and I'm now thinking it may be overkill just to play videos I.e. I won't see any noticeable difference between the U3 and XU?
The video that you mentioned plays flawlessly on the U3 using XBMC with Pocket Rocket for ODROID-U2 running from eMMC.

rdroid

Unread post by rdroid » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 pm

robroyhall wrote:
rdroid wrote: If you did test this video on a U2/3 it would be hugely appreciated as I'm actually hoping to buy I'm U3 instead. The XU is a bit out of my budget and I'm now thinking it may be overkill just to play videos I.e. I won't see any noticeable difference between the U3 and XU?
The video that you mentioned plays flawlessly on the U3 using XBMC with Pocket Rocket for ODROID-U2 running from eMMC.
Fantastic, really appreciate it. That's good enough to make me stay away from "TV Sticks" :-)

I will mostly be playing over wired ethernet smb share from my nas, not emmc, but I'm sure that won't be a problem.

Its a shame there isn't an Android 4.2 or later build for the U2/3 yet but hopefully the CM 10.1 or 10.2 builds will work with the U3 and be just as good as your U2 pocket rocket 4.1 build when used with your epic loot software collection.

Anyway, think I'm going to have to buy the U3 for now :-)

And sorry to all for ending up spamming this thread with stuff on the U2/3 but I may also buy the XU later this year, to use as my main PC as it sounds like Linux is running really well on that and it has USB 3, allowing for full speed SATA 3 and Gigabit Ethernet.

schferenc
languages_spoken: english, hungarian
ODROIDs: Odroid XU (order, not delivered yet)

Unread post by schferenc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi,

do somebody know, it is possible to switch on the multiple user account in this Android build? As far as I know it is 4.2.x feature, the question is, it is incorporated into this build or not? I've just ordere an XU board, and want to be prepared :-)

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:14 am

schferenc wrote:Hi,

do somebody know, it is possible to switch on the multiple user account in this Android build? As far as I know it is 4.2.x feature, the question is, it is incorporated into this build or not? I've just ordere an XU board, and want to be prepared :-)
I don't have the image with me right now, but if multi-user is available, it will appear in the Settings app under a new "Users" tab.

schferenc

Unread post by schferenc » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi there,

currently, I'm running the pre-installed Android version (4.2.2) coming together with my XU. As I see, there are a lot of improvement either in Epic Loot Software Collection Android, or this Pocket Rocket version.
- Which one is more suitable for me, when the key purpose of using XU is a music and video playing?
- How can I upgrade my existing eMMC module with any of these image? Just download the img file, and put this with win32 diskimager?

Thanks in advance

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 am

schferenc wrote:Hi there,

currently, I'm running the pre-installed Android version (4.2.2) coming together with my XU. As I see, there are a lot of improvement either in Epic Loot Software Collection Android, or this Pocket Rocket version.
- Which one is more suitable for me, when the key purpose of using XU is a music and video playing?
Pocket Rocket is an excellent media center image, with Pandora, Youtube, XBMC, MX Player, PC Radio, and lots of games.
- How can I upgrade my existing eMMC module with any of these image? Just download the img file, and put this with win32 diskimager?
If you want to keep your existing image, then use Epic Loot Software Collection to install the third-party apps, including GApps, and then the rest of the apps can be downloaded from the Play Store by referring to the list in the original post.

Otherwise, you can start fresh by using the Pocket Rocket image, which can be written to the eMMC exactly as you described, and have all of the apps available without taking the time to install them.

schferenc

Unread post by schferenc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Many thanks for this reply, I could manage the Pocket Rocket on my XU, it was an easy task (aster reading your post). I have some trouble with XBMC audio. Earlier, using the Android version, what was pre-installed on the eMMC module, I had the similar setup in XBMC Audio Settings (especially the passthrough device part):
xbmc_audio.jpg
Now, I have this screen (sorry for the Hungarian interface):
new_audio_settings.jpg
So it seems, something is missing, I can not see any way to choose the pass trough option in XBMC. The most painful part, that I can not choose the right audio device for playback (which should be my Asus Xonar U7 card). The first line in the screenshot means Audio Device (I think, this would be the Audio output). The first 4 line on the screenshots are the same (in HU translation).
What should I do, to see the missing parts?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:24 am

Pocket Rocket is still using the January release of Android 4.2.2 for the -XU, and I believe that many improvements have been made since then.

I plan to rebase the image once the releases have slowed down ;)

In the meantime, you can convert your existing stock HK Android image (which allows use of your 5.1 card) into Pocket Rocket by using the Epic Loot software collection, as mentioned in my previous post. Follow the software link in my signature for details. Any packages not included in Epic Loot can be installed directly from the Google Play Store.

schferenc

Unread post by schferenc » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:36 am

robroy wrote:Pocket Rocket is still using the January release of Android 4.2.2 for the -XU, and I believe that many improvements have been made since then.

In the meantime, you can convert your existing stock HK Android image (which allows use of your 5.1 card) into Pocket Rocket by using the Epic Loot software collection, as mentioned in my previous post. Follow the software link in my signature for details. Any packages not included in Epic Loot can be installed directly from the Google Play Store.
Ok, so this means, the original pre-installes Android version supports the 5.1 sound (this is the reason, why I had the passthrough option in XBMC), but the Pocker Rocket version does not?
What is the most efficient and faster way to get back the original stock Android to my eMMC module? I've made a full backup with Win32diskimage tool before I went to Pocket Rocket, but that image (*.img file) consumes about 16GB. If I'm writing back this file using Win32diskimage tool, I'll get back the stock android (with the 5.1 sound support)?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:59 am

schferenc wrote:
robroy wrote:Pocket Rocket is still using the January release of Android 4.2.2 for the -XU, and I believe that many improvements have been made since then.

Ok, so this means, the original pre-installes Android version supports the 5.1 sound (this is the reason, why I had the passthrough option in XBMC), but the Pocker Rocket version does not?
I don't know what advancements have been made since I last published Pocket Rocket, but I base all of my images on the official HK version. For JB 4.1.2, the official HK version happens to be more up-to-date than Pocket Rocket as far as kernel improvements and bug fixes. The two versions will be back in sync after the next release of Pocket Rocket.
What is the most efficient and faster way to get back the original stock Android to my eMMC module? I've made a full backup with Win32diskimage tool before I went to Pocket Rocket, but that image (*.img file) consumes about 16GB. If I'm writing back this file using Win32diskimage tool, I'll get back the stock android (with the 5.1 sound support)?
You'll get your original image back, with whatever configuration options you had at the time that you made the backup.

schferenc

Unread post by schferenc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:55 am

Sorry to ask again, but how can I install the epic loot sw collection? I assume the img file conaints only the sw's but does not contain the Android itself? Or kust write it to the emmc module with the win32disktool?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:33 am

schferenc wrote:Sorry to ask again, but how can I install the epic loot sw collection? I assume the img file conaints only the sw's but does not contain the Android itself? Or kust write it to the emmc module with the win32disktool?
If you take the time to download it, you will see that its a .zip file, not an .img file.

Download Epic Loot using your stock HK Android image, then uncompress it to a subdirectory in /mnt/sdcard/. Click on all of the .apk files for the applications that you want, especially the Gapps One Click installer. There is also a readme files for changing the screen resolution to 1080p.

schferenc

Unread post by schferenc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:06 pm

robroy wrote: If you take the time to download it, you will see that its a .zip file, not an .img file.

Download Epic Loot using your stock HK Android image, then uncompress it to a subdirectory in /mnt/sdcard/. Click on all of the .apk files for the applications that you want, especially the Gapps One Click installer. There is also a readme files for changing the screen resolution to 1080p.
Many thanks, finally I've got working the original HK image + Epic Loot sw collection. Everything is fine, except the sound. The strange thing is, the passtrough option seems to be depended by the XBMC version. When I've installed the latest stable (12.x) I have passtrough device option in XBMC (even, it reports failed to recognize anything), when I'm installing the latest nightly, there are no passtrough option in XBMC anymore.

So went back to stable XBMC. I have an Asus Xonar U7 USB external sound card attached, and trying to get the audio on this, but no luck. I've checked as many things, as I can (I'm newbee in Linux), so I can see the asus in # cat /proc/asound/cards as Xonar U7 (which is good sign), but still the sound comes out via HDMI attached TV's screen, not via Xonar's speaker output. It seems, there is a problem with the alsa (I can not get alsautil/alsamixer worked), or at least, the sound from XU is going to the primary sound device (which is the HDMI output). So my questions:
- how can I get works the Xonar as primary device
- how can I get alsautils/alsamixer on XU under android?

odroid
Site Admin

Unread post by odroid » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:14 pm

I think you must enable the XonarU7 device driver in the Kernel configuration and build it.

schferenc

Unread post by schferenc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:24 pm

odroid wrote:I think you must enable the XonarU7 device driver in the Kernel configuration and build it.
And guidance, where/how should I start this? I'm really committed to get this XU board works properly as a multimedia center, and this is the only one showstopper now.

odroid
Site Admin

Unread post by odroid » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Refer our wiki to configure/build/update the Kernel.
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:odroid-xu

After updating the kernel, you also need to adjust the alsa.conf in the Android platform.
But we have no experience of SPDIF/Optical path-through implementation.
So it is very hard to help you. :(

mdrjr
Site Admin
languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

Unread post by mdrjr » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:04 pm

http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=83

Ignore the Mali part and download the correct source for XU :)

Kevin Jin
languages_spoken: English, Korean, Chinese
ODROIDs: XU lite

Unread post by Kevin Jin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:58 pm

To get this on my emmc do I just format the emmc then burn the image on to it?
HI! I am Kevin Jin!,
Visit my graphic river page!
http://www.graphicriver.net/user/phantomore
Hope you have a Great Day!

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:02 am

Kevin Jin wrote:To get this on my emmc do I just format the emmc then burn the image on to it?
Yes, thats correct. Make sure to zero out the eMMC instead of just formatting.

robroy

Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20140707)

Unread post by robroy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Please see the first post in this thread for download links and instructions.

• Upgraded to XBMC 13.1 Gotham Beta
    Netflix fix to prevent blank screen during playback
Enjoy!

robroy

Re: KitKat 4.4.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20140714)

Unread post by robroy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:02 am

Please see the first post in this thread for download links and instructions.

• New KitKat 4.4.2 version based on Hardkernel official release (20140620)
Enjoy!
Last edited by robroy on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

robroy

Re: KitKat 4.4.2 Pocket Rocket for ODROID-XU (20150125)

Unread post by robroy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:52 am

• Kodi 14 Helix
    Upgraded system software to v3.2 (12/29/2014 version)
    Moved FAT32 partition to end of partition table to facilitate resizing
Enjoy!
Last edited by robroy on Tue May 05, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UncleSlug
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU Lite

Unread post by UncleSlug » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 pm

With 4.4.2 for some reason i get no sound in kodi through hdmi. MxPlayer gets sound fine. Tried latest stable release (14.2?) and the latest nightly (15.0 alpha) both same thing. Changing passthrough doesn't do anything, can't choose the audio device and even the volume control (and amplification) are disabled. Screen seems to look the same as schferenc except in english for me and output set to 2.0.

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:23 am

UncleSlug wrote:With 4.4.2 for some reason i get no sound in kodi through hdmi. MxPlayer gets sound fine. Tried latest stable release (14.2?) and the latest nightly (15.0 alpha) both same thing. Changing passthrough doesn't do anything, can't choose the audio device and even the volume control (and amplification) are disabled. Screen seems to look the same as schferenc except in english for me and output set to 2.0.
I will look into it when I have some time to boot up my XU. Have you tried downgrading to a previous version of XBMC, located in the /sdcard/Bootstrap directory?

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:16 am

Wouldn't that be the same permission issue the C1 has with sound?

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:02 am

rooted wrote:Wouldn't that be the same permission issue the C1 has with sound?
Kodi on the C1 actually didn't show video, and only played sound unless it had SuperUser permissions. You can try installing the SuperSU app to see if that indeed resolves the issue.

@rooted, was there another fix for the C1 sound besides SuperSU?

rooted

Unread post by rooted » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:24 am

No it was the other way around for me initially, no sound but video with broken superuser. No other fix it just seemed like the same issue.

UncleSlug
ODROIDs: ODROID-XU Lite

Unread post by UncleSlug » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 am

Right i think i found where i was going wrong. I reflashed it to undo any weirdness i may have created. Went into kodi added some videos, played one and once again no sound, however i changed the volume from full to a bit lower and the sound returned, turned it back up to full and still had sound. Seems like a weird glitch. Next video i watched had sound from the start. I thought the volume level was stuck the first time around but perhaps i was imagining things :oops: .

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:32 pm

UncleSlug wrote:Right i think i found where i was going wrong. I reflashed it to undo any weirdness i may have created. Went into kodi added some videos, played one and once again no sound, however i changed the volume from full to a bit lower and the sound returned, turned it back up to full and still had sound. Seems like a weird glitch. Next video i watched had sound from the start. I thought the volume level was stuck the first time around but perhaps i was imagining things :oops: .
I've experienced the same thing occasionally with other builds of XBMC/Kodi, and thought I was imagining things too, which is why I didn't suggest adjusting the volume a bit, although I should have. I'm glad it worked out!

Evil85
ODROIDs: XU Lite,XU4,C1+

Unread post by Evil85 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:27 am

is it possible to update Kodi to 15.x version ? Thanks

robroy

Unread post by robroy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:08 pm

Evil85 wrote:is it possible to update Kodi to 15.x version ? Thanks
As mentioned in the original post, you can upgrade to the latest nightly version by visiting the Kodi website:
Kodi nightly updates are available here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/.
If you want the most recent stable release version, visit http://kodi.tv/download/ and select the "ARM" link under the Android logo.

Keep in mind that unless you really need a 15.x feature, it's best to stay with Kodi 14. I recall experiencing playback issues using Kodi 15.1 and above. Sometimes the XBMC team releases a version that hasn't been thoroughly tested on every possible platform, and ODROIDs are sometimes left off the testing list unless someone reports a problem.

Return to “Android”