Hello from Norway and MakeCode Arcade fan!

Vegz78
languages_spoken: english
Been thanked: 0

Hello from Norway and MakeCode Arcade fan!

Post by Vegz78 »

Hi,

I am currently investigating whether self-made games in Microsoft MakeCode Arcade compiled as .elf executables could run natively inside a Linux distro on an Odroid.

As Odroids are pretty hard to get by in Norway, any help from this forum is greatly appreciated(Which Odroid would be the closest/most binary compatible to a Raspberry Pi? Would anyone on the forum be interested in trying to get a MakeCode Arcade game to run on an Odroid? etc.)! ;-)

I also have a project related to helping downloading native game files, gamepad support and preventing freezes on MakeCode Arcade game exits here, which might also work on an Odroid:
https://github.com/Vegz78/McAirpos

Br,
Vegard

Update: Seems to be possible to run on some Odroids!: viewtopic.php?p=327567#p327567
Last edited by Vegz78 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

L67GS
languages_spoken: English, Jibberish, Pig Latin
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+,(3) C0's, and a whole big pile of accessories, VU7A Plus,, ect....

Re: Hello from Norway and MakeCode Arcade fan!

Post by L67GS »

I don't game, and I've never had any SBC aside from Odroid devices but I still wanted to welcome you to the forum.
Welcome to the community!
These users thanked the author L67GS for the post:
Vegz78 (Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:22 am)

Vegz78
languages_spoken: english
Been thanked: 0

Post by Vegz78 »

L67GS wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:18 am
I don't game, and I've never had any SBC aside from Odroid devices but I still wanted to welcome you to the forum.
Thank you!!! Hopefully you can soon maybe instead make and help getting to run your own MakeCode Arcade games that others could play on their Odroids, then!(?)... ;-)

L67GS
languages_spoken: English, Jibberish, Pig Latin
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+,(3) C0's, and a whole big pile of accessories, VU7A Plus,, ect....

Post by L67GS »

Vegz78 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:12 am
L67GS wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:18 am
Thank you!!! Hopefully you can soon maybe instead make and help getting to run your own MakeCode Arcade games that others could play on their Odroids, then!(?)... ;-)
Nah, I'm a maker, but there are plenty of gamers here.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”