Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Share here your ideas for new projects

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Unread postby odroidboats » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:21 am

Hi All,
I'm coming to the Odroid from a friend who is using one on their sailboat to power their navigation system. For a few reasons it seems to me like Odroid could be a perfect platform for this and I'm curious to explore it. That said, I'm coming at this as a non-techie, so it's a bit of slow process for me! I have some questions I would love some help with.

First, the idea: Electronic navigation has been common on sailboats for a long time, but until very recently we've had to pay many hundreds or thousands of dollars for relatively clunky systems. That is rapidly changing now with mini-computers, netbooks, smartphones, and tablets. Power consumption has also been a big issue but this is also changing with smaller, more efficient technology. There is currently an open-source program called OpenCPN which provides all kinds of navigational tools, including vector and raster charting. My goal is to figure out whether it is possible to set up an Odroid to run OpenCPN on a small monitor while keeping the power draw as low as possible (ideally less than 24W) the costs below $300, and the complexity at a minimum. I'm worried about complexity being a sticking point! Sailors are pretty slow to adapt technology and if I can't figure out a way to do this without having to learn Linux source-code it's not going to be very repeatable...

Here is the system as I currently envision it:
The core would be an Odroid U3, with a case and an SD card with Ubuntu pre-installed (This is a bit of an issue, actually. The system will need a decent amount of storage space for vector charting, but I want the simplest possible system so there is a definite advantage the plug-n-play nature of a pre-installed card. The eMMC module looks cost prohibitive and too exposed, corrosion being a huge issue on boats)

The monitor would be this: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1033 -True 720p HDMI, for $150. For my application (very small boat) 7-10" inches is ideal. I had a hell of a time finding this monitor, as there are very few small affordable monitors which accept 720p HDMI. I am very open to monitor recommendations! The catch is, I want something smaller than 13" and with a power drain of 12watts or less. Another good option for boats with a little more space and power would be a 14"+ LED HDMI monitor.

I haven't yet done my research on mouse/keyboard. Like I said, I'm not a tech guy! I'm not sure whether it is more efficient to use a USB port for a USB mouse/keyboard (would I need a slot for each, or can you buy paired sets?) or to buy the Bluetooth module and use a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Anyone have a rough idea what the additional power drain of a bluetooth mouse/keyboard would be?

The system needs a GPS. The USB-puck style Globalsat BU353 would do the job.

My questions, at the moment:
#1. Will these components work together? In theory I believe I should be able to plug all these in (with proper power supplies, of course) and have a fully-functional Ubunutu system without having to install anything - is this true?! If so, that's a huge step on the way to making this system replicable. Of course OpenCPN will need an install, and the GPS puck may need drivers but all of that is (I think) well documented on the OpenCPN site.
#2. It looks like the stable versions of OpenCPN are for older versions of Ubuntu (http://opencpn.org/ocpn/download). There is a Beta but it's not usually a good idea to use Beta sotware for navigation! As a total newbie to Linux in general and Ubuntu specifically, is it likely that I will have to downgrade/re-install the Ubuntu version on the Odroid SD card in order to run OpenCPN? Is this difficult?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
odroidboats

languages_spoken: english

Re: Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Unread postby mdrjr » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:13 am

After a quick google-fu on how this piece of software works.

Here's my notes for you.

1. We do plan to sell a 9" Touch HDMI screen.
2. You'll need to build OpenCPN by yourself. How To: http://opencpn.org/ocpn/compiling_source_linux
They don't provide ARM Linux builds.

If you are a complete Linux newbie you'll fight a lot with that.

Also if you plan to do a customer product.. you'll need to learn some linux basics in order to do some customization on the UI, how it starts.. starts directly to your software.
So your product doesn't look like a bunch of stuff wire together.
Said so. Yes.. You can keep this below 20W.
mdrjr
Site Admin

languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

Unread postby odroidboats » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:01 am

Ah, that's a shame. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait a couple of years... I'm not trying to do a customer product, just a write-up for others to follow suit, if it was going to work out.
odroidboats

Unread postby mdrjr » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:03 am

odroidboats wrote:Ah, that's a shame. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait a couple of years... I'm not trying to do a customer product, just a write-up for others to follow suit, if it was going to work out.

Nothing stops you to try. Buy a board and start experimenting :)
mdrjr
Site Admin

languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

Unread postby AreaScout » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:18 pm

@odroidboats

Regarding OpenCPN Marine Seaboat Navigation Software, i did a little research yesterday and was able to compile it for our odroid's ( ARM is supported now )

All you have to do is to disable the use of OpenGL i will show you how to do:

Code: Select all
git clone https://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN.git
cd OpenCPN

inside the new created directory ( OpenCPN ) find the file CMakeLists.txt and edit it with your favorite editor so that OpenGL is hide from execution, at the moment it starts from line number 134 to 148, after edit it should look like this:

#FIND_PACKAGE(OpenGL)
#IF(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)

# SET(wxWidgets_USE_LIBS ${wxWidgets_USE_LIBS} gl )
   # INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR})

# MESSAGE (STATUS "Found OpenGL..." )
   # MESSAGE (STATUS "    Lib: " ${OPENGL_LIBRARIES})
   # MESSAGE (STATUS "    Include: " ${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR})
   # ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DocpnUSE_GL)
   # ADD_DEFINITIONS(-DUSE_GLU_TESS)

#ELSE(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)
#    MESSAGE (STATUS "OpenGL not found..." )
#ENDIF(OPENGL_GLU_FOUND)

ok save the file and start over with the compiling progress

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev gettext git-core cmake gpsd gpsd-clients libgps-dev build-essential wx-common libwxgtk2.8-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgtk2.0-dev wx2.8-headers libbz2-dev libtinyxml-dev libportaudio2 portaudio19-dev

cmake -G 'Unix Makefiles'
make -j5
sudo make install

you should now find a new menu entry 'OpenCPN' under Education in your desktop manager startmenu

Have Fun and Ahoy !
AreaScout

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: X2, U3, XU3, C2

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:15 pm

i just created a .deb file for those who need it for easy install.

You can get it from my repository all/testing package list with:
apt-get install opencpn-odroid

or if you want to do it manually:
wget http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/dists/all/testing/binary-armhf/opencpn-odroid_3.3.1931-2_armhf.deb
wget http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/dists/all/testing/binary-armhf/libgl-odroid_20140723-1_armhf.deb
wget http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/dists/all/testing/binary-armhf/libglues-odroid_20140723-1_armhf.deb
dpkg -i libgl-odroid_20140723-1_armhf.deb libglues-odroid_20140723-1_armhf.deb opencpn-odroid_3.3.1931-2_armhf.deb
apt-get install -f

Edit:
I changed this post to point to the glshim version of the file since AreaScout said it's working much better than the other version.
Last edited by meveric on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby Killer Turtle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 pm

You are pretty much doing wha I did for my truck PC, except in a bout. the USB GPS draws alot of power. I would get a BT module, because then you can use it for the keyboard/mouse and GPS. Your biggest challenge is going to be making everything water tight, and if you're sailing on Salt water, you'll really have to make it very water tight.

The Emmc module will be just as protected as the SD card. I would recommened getting the emmc for the OS and using SD cards for maps storage, this way you could have a USB SD Card reader attached and away from the ODROID, which could be set it a very dry spot on the boat. You wouldn't have to touch the ODroid to update/add maps.
Killer Turtle

ODROIDs: U3

Unread postby AreaScout » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:41 pm

@Killer Turtle

Killer Turtle wrote:Your biggest challenge is going to be making everything water tight, and if you're sailing on Salt water, you'll really have to make it very water tight.

of course that's right salt in water and in the air are very aggressive about corrosion and deterioration, but something like this should do it:

https://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/1388 <---- not cheap but not invaluable IP67 water resistant + sunlight readable transflective TFT with high contrast value ( 500 : 1 ) and anti-glare coating

the housing around on that picture should be secured as well but it is not something you can't do, the board itself would need some little extra cooling but there are 100'ts of possibilities to do that, and i would spend some isolating lacquer spray on the board electronics :)

Killer Turtle wrote:The Emmc module will be just as protected as the SD card. I would recommened getting the emmc for the OS and using SD cards for maps storage, this way you could have a USB SD Card reader attached and away from the ODROID, which could be set it a very dry spot on the boat. You wouldn't have to touch the ODroid to update/add maps.

I agree on that !

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby AreaScout » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:51 am

Hi again

I found that my solution for building OpenCPN is not the fastest when you have cards installed, so it's better to use glshim library as a wrapper to OpenGL, meveric will shortly provide a new precompiled package with glshim

start OpenCPN click on Settings->Use Accelerated Graphics ( OpenGL ) then click on Options, Texture Compression ( check ) / Texture Compression Caching ( check ), Texture Memory Size 256MB, click OK

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby venkatbo » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:42 am

Makes for a great future magazine article ! ;)
venkatbo

ODROIDs: C0/C1+/C2 U3+ XU3-Lite/XU4 VU/VU7+ Touchscreen Show TFT Cloudshell SmartPower mAHRS DAC GPS Multiscope

Unread postby meveric » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:45 am

changed the original post for the new .deb files: viewtopic.php?p=48721#p48721
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:50 am

Thanks maveric!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

When doing my first test which is to run glxgears I get the following, so I don't think I have something set up correctly in the basic out of the box install.

The exynos driver was part of what was broken last time I tried this and lead to my copying and moving a bunch of files that completely messed up the gl stuff so that not even glxgears would work.

The glxgears does work when I run it. However I get this in the terminal window.

odroid@odroid:~$ glxgears
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: malformed or no PCI ID
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen ${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (${ORIGIN}/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: dlopen /usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so failed (/usr/lib/dri/exynos_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libGL error: unable to load driver: exynos_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: exynos
653 frames in 5.0 seconds = 130.483 FPS
655 frames in 5.0 seconds = 130.920 FPS
664 frames in 5.0 seconds = 132.635 FPS
651 frames in 5.0 seconds = 130.026 FPS

Thanks maveric!
Guy
:-)
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:04 am

glxgears is a very bad test for OpenGL.. i tried it earlier today and it was only doing EGL errors with glshim, only in fullscreen it was actually working (and working fine)
What you see up there is not glshim.. glxgears runs in software mode if you do not have OpenGL driver installed. It will use mesa which is software OpenGL.

So you see nothing that is actually done over glshim..
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:12 am

OK I am going to go for it! :-)

A moment to say how pleasing this is, and how much more fun this is than other times that I have tried Linux.

meveric! This has been amazing! Thanks for the help.

In the past working with linux has been a challange and getting questions answered generally involved people calling me names on boards like this because I didn't know what a bash was. When the raspberry pi came out, I went and cruised the forums for it and found it was a whole lot of great questions and answers by people that seemed to like being nice to each other. That is what started me down this path. I decided to try the odroid u3 because of the specs, and when things started going wrong I was really worried about getting help.

Meveric, whoever you are, you have made this fun, and educational! Thanks!!!!

Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:24 am

How do I know where your repository is?

sudo apt-get install opencpn-odroid states unable to find package... I think I need something else in there?
Thanks
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:27 am

check my signature there is a link to HOWTO install my repository to your distribution you're using.. don't forget to do an "apt-get update" after you downloaded the package lists.
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 am

Ok....
I tried to go it alone.. Really I have tried everyting I can think of over the last few days. I have recreated the ssd card image 14.04.1lts 814 build at least 20 times on one of 4 32 gig sd cards that I have. Starting for scratch every time.

I installed per your package. That went well, but I had to break the signature part of the package install into two parts, otherwise I got a bad pipe error. This may have been because I was using sudo becasue the odroid out of the box does not have a root. However I got around that just fine.

I installed the package as per the instructions, and it installed with out reporting an error. OPencpn then works fine! If you don't use openGL.

However open GL does not work in opencpn. See the screen shots. If I open with opengl on I get a gray screen, if I open with opengl off I get a chart. I have 7 charts loaded and it reports that all of the textures were built sucessfully. ( I don't know if we believe it, but that is what it reports).

This is a fresh install of the latest 14.0.1lts from the download section of Odroid. (Could that be the issues should I be running the 13.x.x kernal?)

Attaced are:
The logs from opencpn
The Screen shots of the kind of thing that happens when not using opengl, and the kind of thing that happens when using it.

I also get a warning over and over again if I start opencpn from a terminal screen. Others on the opencpn board have this problem too, and redirect the errors to null, and report that opencpn works faster, this seems to be a opencpn bug and not an implementation of opengl with opencpn. Those errors are here:
opencpn

(opencpn:2125): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion 'GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)' failed

(opencpn:2125): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion 'GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed

(opencpn:2125): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
libGL: built on Jul 23 2014 07:28:00
libEGL warning: Could not open driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/egl/egl_gallium.so (libOpenVG.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open armsoc (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
glXGetProcAddress: glGenFramebuffers not found.
glXGetProcAddress: glGetCompressedTexImage not found.

(opencpn:2125): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -5 and height 17

The last line repeats itself over and over and over again.

I have also tried following the directions in the opencpn documentation for installing to a cubie board, which others seem to have had some sucess at. I have tried everything every way each time creating a new 32 gig sd card to do it on. (There has to be a quicker way to make the images on these cards than I have found...).

If I use these instructions (Which I have tried at least 20 of the 40 times, I can't create a link to a file no matter what I get permision access denied errors. (libGL.so => libGL.so.1 etc). I understand what the command is supposed to do, but I can't seem to ever get it to work. Here are those instructions, along with at least one other person that has opencpn with opengl working great on his odroid. http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f13 ... ost1586540. It always falis on me because I can'g get the links to work. If I start copying files all over the place I end up with the same problem and a mess of files that I can't easily sort back out or delete.

So I am stuck.

Barring any insight I am going to try loading the xubuntu-13.10-desktop-armhf_odroidu_20140211.img on a clean card and see what happens there.

Thanks for any help.
Guy
Attachments
opencpn.log
(14.15 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
opengl.jpg
opengl.jpg (207.96 KiB) Viewed 8388 times
non_opengl.jpg
non_opengl.jpg (294.54 KiB) Viewed 8388 times
aikiguy

Unread postby AreaScout » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi

1. Do not use the guide provided from OpenCPN forums, it's to complicated, we have a much simplified solution posted by meveric
2. Please be sure that you flash your image on the right drive, because it looks like you are still booting the old image ( it's still trying to use MESA instead of MALI driver )

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby aikiguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 am

Ok I Got it working.
The issue is that opengl does not work correctly under 14.04.1

I downloaded and wrote a ssd card for 13.10 and then ran the package as above everything works great.
Do the same thing in 14.04.1 and it does not work.

Of note in this is that with this running opengl in 13.10 the chart rebuilds are as fast as they are on all but my fastest laptops.

The software is very usable.

I have no idea how to submit a bug about this to the powers that be for the 14.04.1 release of ubuntu for the odroid. AreaScout noticed that the new build was using the old drivers.

It seems to me a non linux person that the latest release 14.04.1 ls is a mess.

Is there anyway that we can fix the 14.04.1 lts or is that something that the odroid folks have to do ?

Running 13.10 now and OPen cpn is awesome! Now I am going to try to get the extenisons running, and see if I can hook the unit up to my radar and display radar overlays on it. I am hopefull!

Thanks to all of you that helped me !!!!!!!

If I can provide any more data on the 14.04.1 lts problem I would be happy to as I have a bunch of ssd cards and I am pretty good at flashing them now! LOL

Guy

PS You guys have been great! I really love the help from the members!

AND this 14.04.1 problem is really frustrating for a beginner. First the non boot to anything with 14.04.0 image that I worked on for two days then found out that it was a bad build of the OS, then this with apparently the old drivers being installed on the 14.04.1 image of the OS. Do I need to report this bug, how would I do that?
aikiguy

Unread postby AreaScout » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:41 am

aikiguy wrote:Ok I Got it working.

Ahaa very very extra ordinary cool ^^ :) Nice to read

aikiguy wrote:The issue is that opengl does not work correctly under 14.04.1

NoNoNo it's just that our boards are not capable to make OpenGL, instead they can do OpenGLES ( Open Graphics Library for Embedded Systems ), what we are using is glshim, this is a wrapper library that does the conversation from OpenGL to OpenGLES, so we are using a trick to get this working. Everything should be fine on 14.04.01 images, because it supports what it should support on stock

Mesa is needed because glshim can only convert OpenGL version 1.0 and some customers may use different software with OpenGL up to 4.3, it may be slow because Mesa does a software emulation what is done normaly in hardware but still may be needed from some PPL's ( ok Mesa has gallium extension which can do hardware acceleration but not on our Odroid's )

aikiguy wrote:Is there anyway that we can fix the 14.04.1 lts or is that something that the odroid folks have to do ?

yes of course, you have surpassed me with your finding on 13.10, on 14.10.01 you could try to start opencpn from terminal and force the use of /usr/local/lib directory where glshim is located with this command

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
opencpn

if this is still not working, you could remove temporally the mesa directory's by doing this:

sudo mv /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa_orig
sudo mv /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl_orig

aikiguy wrote:If I can provide any more data on the 14.04.1 lts problem I would be happy to as I have a bunch of ssd cards and I am pretty good at flashing them now! LOL

hahaha, i thought so that you are now a professional image flasher ;)

what would be really nice if you could provide some pictures of your unit on our radar, can't wait to see this !

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby aikiguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:50 pm

AreaScout

I flashed a new 14.04.1 lts and tried both sooutions. The first solution did allow the computer to process the chart textures, but the chart display was non functional as in the above example. I get the follow errors:
odroid@odroid:~$ opencpn

(opencpn:2822): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion 'GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)' failed

(opencpn:2822): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion 'GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed

(opencpn:2822): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
libEGL warning: Could not open driver /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/egl/egl_gallium.so (libOpenVG.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to open armsoc (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)

The sudo mv solutions prevented opencpn from functioning at all.

opencpn
opencpn: error while loading shared libraries: libEGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am confused why version 13.10 of the OS works great, and 14.04.1 does not work at all. I think that the driver defaults for 14..04.1 are not set up correctly in the OS build. (Remember I don't have much linux to go on, so it could be that there is a finer detail that I am missing here.). The 14.04.1 is much better looking and is more fun and easier for me to play with that the 13.10, so I would love to get it opencpn working with 14.04.1.

Something is different between the two in how they are handling the opengl shim and glue system. I am frustrated because I don't have enough knoweldge to figure out what the differences are at this point. I can see that the 14.04.1 lts build is dealing with the opengl calls very differently than 13.10 but I can't figure out how to find out what the difference is.

Since this is as easy as swaping cards around on the Droid I am going to continue with both forks, getting the instruments and radar working on the 13.10 card, and trying to get opencpn to function with opengl calls in 14.04.1. Any helo that anyone can give would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby AreaScout » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:11 pm

I am confused too as 14.04.01 is brand-new, i will flash it today and try it there, on my old 14.04, it's working !?

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby aikiguy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:09 pm

AreaScout,

Hmmm...

It is working for you? Did you do anything other than a flash with the 14.04.1 814 build and install the opencpn as per this thread?

You have Opencpn working with the openGL checked in the options menu and a chart loaded, and it works?

Did you load a chart or two then select opengl in the options in Opencpn set the texture cache to 256megs and rebuild the texture cache? (This is all standard opencpn stuff). So that the program is working with some kind of opengl mode. The difference with opengl on and off on my droid using 13.10 is about 2x the speed in moving and zooming on charts, maybe more. Without opengl it is barely usable, with opengl on it is quite capable of working as a chartplotter, instrument repeater, log, tracker, autopilot controller and possibly having radar work on it too.

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby AreaScout » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:28 pm

Ok i have installed 14.04.01 and it's the same, it looks like this image use a different GTK version and depends on Mesa libEGL.so which doesn't give you HW acceleration for OpenCPN, meanwhile you should use this image http://odroid.in/ubuntu_14.04lts/old_im ... 612.img.xz, it should work with this

please stay patient for a solution

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby AreaScout » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm

well here is a solution:

wget http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/dists/all/main/binary-armhf/mali400-odroid_20140419-r4p0-4_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite mali400-odroid_20140419-r4p0-4_armhf.deb
sudo ldconfig

reboot

it was just a bad symlink

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby aikiguy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:41 am

Areascout!!!! YOU ROCK!!!)
AWESOME!!!!!!!

How did you figure this out. (Trying to learn here.).
What is a symlink?

This is great!!!!

Thanks for this!!!!

Radar testing will start later today.... If I have issues, I will start another thread.

Thanks for helping the noob!

Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby AreaScout » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 am

I had a chat with meveric today, i was playing around with the symlinks ( symbolic links ) from mali libraries, he told me not to act like a girl instead i should take a mace and do it in one swab and i should install the mali400-dev package from his repro. Well all of a sudden it works now, it's a working solution for your sailboat navigation but maybe in the future glshim wrapper library is not needed anymore, because there is already code for OpenGLES in OpenCPN that's why i was trying it a different way in the first place ( maybe this will become the preferred one in the future ), but it looks like that it's not finished yet, so let's have a look what the future brings ;)

Have Fun
AreaScout

Unread postby aikiguy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 am

This seems to be working great.

I have made a few routes and done a bunch of other normal stuff. Now going to start on adding in the plugins for opencpn.

Vector charts blow the whole thing up though. I wonder if that is an opnecpn error or an error in what we are doing.

This is what the errors are on the terminal screen ( I think it may be a library problem on the OS end?)

odroid@odroid:~$ opencpn

(opencpn:8967): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion 'GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)' failed

(opencpn:8967): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion 'GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed

(opencpn:8967): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Aborted

Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:12 pm

the Gtk Errors can be ignored.. they pop up on nearly everything that uses GTK, even stock Ubuntu/Debian programs..

is actually an error of glshim.. not all OpenGL functions are implemented yet, or are even be able to put in glshim :)
Also glshim right now only supports OpenGL 1.x calls everything OpenGL 2.x or higher won't work.
meveric

Unread postby AreaScout » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm

yep, and as you probably know by your own, those things are still in development so stay patient, ignore little side effects and maybe you will be surprised sooner or later ( first one preferred )

RG
AreaScout

Unread postby aikiguy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:37 am

Ok I have things mostly working and am hoping to have some time to play with the radar overlay system this week.

I have some basic questions:

The Mali dev kit (?) that we downloaded and installed with this command:

wget http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/dists/all/ ... _armhf.deb
sudo ldconfig

Is this a driver that works on hardware on the Odroid board? This seems to be specific to the Odroid board is this correct? Is there a way to build this myself from source somewhere.

What exactly is a glshim? Is this a piece of piece of code that sends requests for hardware opengl to software emulated opengl? There seem to be more than one of these out there in linux land. Do i need the one written by Maverik or are there other ones that may work better written by other people? Are these Odroid specific? Or Ubuntu version specific?

There is a lot of talk on the OpenCPN board about the raspberry pi's hardware GL being worked on as Broadcom has released the source code to be able to use it. Is this something that may happen with the Odroid?

Thanks for answering these newbie question.
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby memeka » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:58 am

mali400-odroid_20140419-r4p0-4_armhf.deb are GPU drivers.
they enable 3D OpenGL ES video acceleration. they have some parts which are open source, and some parts which are not open sources.
think windows - did you ever build your nvidia or ati drivers? or just installed them? there would be no benefit for you to build the open source part of the drivers.

glshim is a sort of emulator. odroid has OpenGL-ES. openCPN requires OpenGL. These 2 are different. OpenGL is used mostly on desktops, OpenGL-ES on embedded. So the drivers above do not provide OpenGL acceleration, but OpenGL-ES acceleration. glshim are like a fake OpenGL driver that will transform OpenGL requests to OpenGL-ES. So OpenCPN can see the glshim OpenGL drivers, and think you have OpenGL accelerated, when in fact you have OpenGL-ES accelerated. However, not all OpenGL functions are "translated", hence some issues with some apps that require OpenGL functions not translated. glshim is open source and you can build it yourself or install it from wherever you like - but it won't give you any new extra feature if you install it from A or B. Meverik built it on odroid, so it's maybe best; and already packaged and easy to install.

openGL on the odroid depends on 2 things: if the mali GPU supports it, and if arm mali will write it in their closed source drivers, and open source drivers. so dont expect it too soon, if indeed possible (i suspect not, at least on u3).

the good news is that openCPN developers are working on making openCPN work with OpenGL-ES acceleration. In this case, it will use the native mali drivers, and will not require glshim to fake openGL. so you should follow their progress on that, and on the meantime stick with glshim or disable openGL.
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby rein » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:30 am

Hello,

How was the final result in using OpenCPN on Odroid for daily navigation at sea.
Is it reliable to use it ?

Rein
rein

Unread postby Boston » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:15 am

Hi All,

I´ve just found this thread !!! , but after almost 4 months without any reply I wonder if there is any improvement or update as far as Opencpn compilation for Ubuntu SO is concern.
I´m still running old Ubuntu 13.10 and original kernel on my U3 ( emmc). Should I update to 14.04 image and latest kernel? It seems that Opencpn running problems on 14.04 are solved.

And more important, is Meveric compilation published Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:15 am (apt-get install opencpn-odroid) the most advanced way to get Opecpn running in my Odroid U3 ?.

Does exist a definitive receipt, a definitive compilation ?.

Could any of you help me, please ?, I´m not just an expert at all.

Many thanks.
Boston

languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID U3 Community Edition

Unread postby meveric » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:39 pm

I haven't looked into OpenCPN for a while.. I don't know if they improved their sources and finally included OpenGL ES support (could be) up to this point i'd say the version i created should be the easierst way to get it to work since at least some acceleration is working. I might take a look at the sources again and see if they changes something.

Edit: Looks like there is newer versions out there but they still require OpenGL although it already searches for OpenGL ES
meveric

Unread postby Boston » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:40 am

Many thanks for your help, meveric. I could try your version (previous update to 14.04 and kernel upgrade), meanwhile there is any improvement on the way.

I´m not an expert at all, but I´ll try it.

Regards.
Boston

languages_spoken: english, spanish
ODROIDs: ODROID U3 Community Edition

Unread postby aikiguy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:11 am

ok the newest version is supposed to have some improvements that may help with the graphics issues.

So I wanted to update all the files necessary from my odroid and then try an install of the new OpenCpn

I run into this:
odroid@odroid:~$ sudo apt-get upgrade -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
firefox-locale-ast firefox-locale-el firefox-locale-gl firefox-locale-hu
firefox-locale-nb firefox-locale-nl libavfilter3 libshairport1 xbmc-bin
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages have been kept back:
python-cupshelpers system-config-printer-gnome xserver-xorg-core
The following packages will be upgraded:
libegl1-mesa-dev libgles1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
172 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/58.3 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2,048 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 248123 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libegl1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libegl1-mesa-dev (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3) over (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libegl1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/include/KHR/khrplatform.h', which is also in package mali400-odroid 20140419-r4p0-4
Preparing to unpack .../libgles1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libgles1-mesa-dev (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3) over (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/include/GLES/gl.h', which is also in package mali400-odroid 20140419-r4p0-4
Preparing to unpack .../libgles2-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libgles2-mesa-dev (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3) over (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles2-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/include/GLES3/gl3ext.h', which is also in package mali400-odroid 20140419-r4p0-4
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libegl1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgles2-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

How do I fix this error so that I can then try and see what happens with the new open cpn?

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby memeka » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:31 am

sudo apt-get install -f
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

and try to understand what you are running. for example, opencpn is not even in the list of things to be updated.

probably just updated the GLES packages which will result in you losing hardware acceleration.
memeka

ODROIDs: XU rev2 + eMMC + UART
U3 + eMMC + IO Shield + UART

Unread postby aikiguy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:34 pm

That was what I was worried about actually. This hardware vs software acceleration problem with opencpn is a real issue for me.

I knew that the newest version of open cpn is not in the automatic udate process. I was trying to have everything else updated before I installed the new opencpn. It seems that I can't update the system now that I followed the instructions here and put the forked gl libraries in. It stops there and won't upgrade any of the other packages (files?) because I have manually reworked the gles packages.

I am not sure if I hacve itright though. Does it stop at the point it runs into the MALI Gles packages orjust skip them?

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks memeka, by the way.

I figured the -f was a force command, and I didn't think that I wanted to force libgles in the update package to overwrite the ones that seem to be working for the momement.

THank you for your help.

I did not do the install -f as I didn't want ot undo everything that every one here has helped me with so far.

Thanks again for reading and responding to these newby questions.

Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:52 pm

OK so I am trying to install the latest version of OpenCPN, 4.0

If I try and install it manually using this:
git clone git://github.com/OpenCPN/OpenCPN.git

followed by this:
$ cd opencpn # unless already in this directory.
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake ..
$ make

which I understand and telling building a make file to get ready to comile the source code.
(There is a lot of magic that happens then and if you have just the right incantation.... Viola as the say in franceland..... out pops a new version of OpenCPN).

However I get an error about not having wxwidgets
odroid@odroid:~/OpenCPN/build$ cmake ..
-- *** Build Architecture is armhf
-- *** Staging to build opencpn 4.0.0 ***
-- *** Package will NOT include documentation ***
-- *** Package will NOT include GSHHS data ***
-- *** Package will NOT include tide and current data ***
-- Found OpenGL...
-- Lib: /usr/local/lib/libGLU.so/usr/local/lib/libGL.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libSM.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libICE.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libX11.so/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libXext.so
-- Include: /usr/include
-- Found OpenGLESv2
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_FOUND)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake:832 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
CMakeLists.txt:286 (FIND_PACKAGE)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

So I read up on the wxwidget install here. Which all keeps me going in a circle.... It wont install with my installed gl libraries that support some hardware acceletation that were so nicely provided by maveric and the crew above.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to give.

Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:38 pm

the drivers i use are placed in a different folder it should be no issue to install the standard mesa-gl driver besides my packages...
I will update my package in the repository, so you can download the newest version from there if you want it :)
Just built it a couple of minutes ago..
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:16 am

mevric as always you rock.....

Thanks for your help.

I get the following:
root@odroid:~# apt-get install opencpn-odroid
Building dependency tree       
You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libegl1-mesa-dev : Depends: libegl1-mesa (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3 is to be installed
                    Depends: libegl1-mesa-drivers (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3 is to be installed
 libgles1-mesa-dev : Depends: libgles1-mesa (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3 is to be installed
 libgles2-mesa-dev : Depends: libgles2-mesa (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) but 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

So in frustration and being tired of this I tried:
root@odroid:~# apt-get -f install
Building dependency tree       
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  firefox-locale-ast firefox-locale-el firefox-locale-gl firefox-locale-hu
  firefox-locale-nb firefox-locale-nl libavfilter3 libshairport1 xbmc-bin
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
The following extra packages will be installed:
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 9 not upgraded.
172 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/58.3 kB of archives.
After this operation, 2,048 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 248123 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libegl1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libegl1-mesa-dev (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3) over (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libegl1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/include/KHR/khrplatform.h', which is also in package mali400-odroid 20140419-r4p0-4
Preparing to unpack .../libgles1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libgles1-mesa-dev (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3) over (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/include/GLES/gl.h', which is also in package mali400-odroid 20140419-r4p0-4
Preparing to unpack .../libgles2-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libgles2-mesa-dev (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3) over (10.1.3-0ubuntu0.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles2-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/include/GLES3/gl3ext.h', which is also in package mali400-odroid 20140419-r4p0-4
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libegl1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles2-mesa-dev_10.1.3-0ubuntu0.3_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Would I be right in thinking that I did this somehow by trying to set up a pointer to a link for the glshim and associated drivers earlier in this thread. I don't want to loose having it work with the hardware/software oengl we had going from ealier in the thread.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:23 am

Trying some more solutions here on my own...

I think soon I am going to have to reinstall the OS again... Darn and I just got this doing so well at everything other than this... LOL

Maveric put a custom mali driver up here that I followed his directions to install some time ago and this got everything working wonderfully with Opencpn 3.2.2
wget http://oph.mdrjr.net/meveric/dists/all/ ... _armhf.deb
sudo ldconfig

?? This included some of the libegl-mesa files. ????

?? The install for opencpn 4.0 wants to load the latest libegl files from somewhere else. The package from maveric won't let the new ones be installed, and the whole process ends with an unmet dependencies errors. ????

The mali drivers that maveric put up there no longer seem to be avaialbe. Is there a new set of them with the newer libegl1-mesa and libgles1-mesa and libgles2-mesa?
If there is how would I have found this informaiton out?

Thanks everyone for your help. This whole linux thing is still very new to me, and I am definatley on a large learning curve.
Thanks!
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:32 am

sudo apt-get autoremove mali400-odroid
apt-get install opencpn-odroid
apt-get install -f # if needed
apt-get download mali400-odroid
dpkg -i --force-overwrite mali400-odroid*.deb

try and see if it works.. you should have all/testing and all/main package lists from my repository included to your sources lists.
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:07 am

Meveric!!!!!!

Rocks!!!!!!!!!

Ok I did the first part on my own, and was able to install.

I have as well as I am able followed the directions here. It installed and works with raster charts, but blows up immidiately with vector charts., So there is something still going on, I think someone solved this problem back a ways on this same thread I am going to try to find the solution, and poke around on the op0encpn forum too!

I would have gotten there myself except that I forgot that I had to be in a specific directory to load your catalog! I went back and made that work, and immidately if found the drivers and installed them and we were off to the races!

Thank you Thank You Thank you!!!!!
Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:49 am

Thank you all!!!!

Especially Meveric!!!

Ugh Almost there but can't solve vector blow up problem:

Note: I have this working on my Raspberry pi, but it is too slow to use for actual navigation, and I don't think the raspberry is going to support the radar overlay plugin at all.

On the Odroid it works a lot faster, but now it exits when loading or changing zoom level in a vector chart. I think the issue has something to do with opengl, but I don't have an idea what. (Or it couild have something to do with something else...I am a rank newby at this).

In the terminal window I get the standard set of gtk errors and then Aborted.

In Opencpn Log I get attached file
Attachments
opencpn.txt
(31.72 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
aikiguy

Unread postby meveric » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:25 am

at the end of your log it says:
Searching directory: /home/odroid/Downloads/ENC_ROOT for *.s57
16:46:41 PST: Searching directory: /home/odroid/Downloads/ENC_ROOT for 00300000.a
16:46:41 PST: Error: can't open file '/home/odroid/.opencpn/chartlist.dat' (error 13: Permission denied)
16:46:41 PST: Finished chart database Update
16:46:41 PST:
16:46:41 PST: Chart cache purge
16:46:41 PST: Initializing Chart /home/odroid/Documents/charts/BSB_ROOT/501/501_1.KAP
16:46:41 PST: Chart cache purge
16:46:41 PST: Initializing Chart /home/odroid/Documents/charts/BSB_ROOT/501/501_1.KAP
16:46:41 PST: Detected display size: 508 mm
16:46:41 PST: Detected display size: 508 mm
16:46:46 PST: Chart cache purge
16:46:46 PST: Initializing Chart /home/odroid/Downloads/ENC_ROOT/US5CA13M/US5CA13M.000
16:46:46 PST: Error: can't open file '/home/odroid/.opencpn/SENC/US5CA13M.S57' (error 13: Permission denied)
16:46:46 PST: Error: can't open file '/home/odroid/.opencpn/SENC/US5CA13M.S57' (error 13: Permission denied)
16:46:46 PST: Error: can't seek on file descriptor -1 (error 9: Bad file descriptor)
16:46:49 PST: Initializing Chart /home/odroid/Downloads/ENC_ROOT/US4CA17M/US4CA17M.000

which seems like it's not allowd to open the files you want to access.. and therefore it causes issues and probably crashes..
Can you show me where to get charts? I'd like to try myself and i only see big blue, since i have no charts :)
meveric

Unread postby aikiguy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:21 pm

sure:

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/?Disclaimer= ... Downloader

RNCs are raster charts in BSB format
Enc's are vector charts in s57 format

both work fine with opencpn on the pc, or on the raspberry pi.

you may have to accept an agreement that you wont use them for nepharous purposes :-)

Guy
aikiguy

Unread postby aikiguy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:41 pm

So I started all over again with some changes...

1 I reflashed my MMC module and started over.
2 I downloaded the sourcecode for wxwidgets 3.02
3 Compiled and installed wxwidgets 3.02 (and I asume that I actually did it right because the test came out OK!)
4 downloaded the source for OpenCPN
5 Compiled and installed Opencpn
6 Ran OpenCPN

Results:
Vector charts display and no crashing with either opengl enabled or not enabled.
The program is slower with opengl enabled than with it unenabled.
Everything in a basic setup seems to work without crashes, or hangs.

Conclusions:
Hardware opengl is not running.
Wxwidgets in the relase of odroid 14.04 is not the most current, and is fataly flawed for my application.

Next to try:
Installing the mali400-odroid drivers from meveric.

Expected results:
Everything blows up again and chart displays don't work.

Hoped for results:
Everything works only faster when opengl is slected.

Testing issues:
I lack the knowledge to get back to where I am now once I install the Mali400-odroid drivers. Once they are installed, if everything goes pear shaped again I have to flash the MMC module and reflash it again to go back one step.

Thanks,
Guy

P.S. I know next to nothing about any of the linux stuff, and any or all of the above could be wrong. Your Milage may vary. Past returns are no guarentee of future preformance.... Yada Yada Yada.
aikiguy

Next

Return to The Ideas