Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Share here your ideas for new projects

Moderators: meveric, mdrjr, odroid

Re: Odroid for sailboat navigation? Help a non-techie?

Unread postby meveric » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:47 pm

I have a github, check for "meveric" and you will find it. But no not all packages are up there. Often I don't need to change packages at all just need to use the correct compiler flags and options for compiling.
OpenCPN for example works without any changes, so there's no need to have it in my repo.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby seandepagnier » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Please report your success with the C2.

I tried it a few months ago, and got it working with hardware acceleration, but you should install the fbturbo driver. Also, be sure to use latest sources from git to get the arm64 fixes.

There are some strange issues with wxwidgets on arm64.
seandepagnier

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: c2

Unread postby maxencep » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:42 am

I cannot tell you that much if it is working well or not. What Meveric is providing seems to work fine but I don't have (yet?) a boat for extended testing.
maxencep

languages_spoken: english French
ODROIDs: C2

Unread postby maxencep » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Hello Meveric (or anyone who managed to compiled it),
could you give me the command you type to have the compiler to work for the odroid?

I managed to compile and install it (by removing -ldri2 from the link.txt) but the application is not starting. I have the feeling it is compiled for armhf when yours is compiled for arm64.

Thank you for your help.
maxencep

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:10 am

if you compile it directly on the ODROID C2 it will be compiled for arm64, if you compile it on another device it won't work.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.
meveric

ODROIDs: ODROID-X2,ODROID-U2,ODROID-U3,ODROID-XU-Lite, ODROID-XU3, ODROID-XU3-Lite, ODROID-C1, ODROID-XU4, ODROID-C2

Unread postby maxencep » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:34 am

Thank for the answer.
I tried to compile it on the C2.
When typing "cmake ../" or "cmake -DCFLAGS="-O2 -march=native" ../"
One of the first lines is something like "Build architecture is "armhf" ".

After having removed -ldri2, I compile with "make -j2" and then "make install".
Then I see the icon on the desktop but if I start it, nothing happen.

For sure I am doing somehting wrong, but I can't find what. :(
maxencep

Unread postby meveric » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 am

That it finds armhf is not an issue, that's just the cmake script that doesn't know better it doesn't really check the architecture.
You don't have to hand over any -march arguments.. in fact I'm not sure -march=native will work properly.

Did it find the GLESv1 drivers? -- Found OpenGLESv1?
Can you list whatever it says "not found" during cmake?

also, try staring opencpn from terminal not over the icon. Just type "opencpn" in a terminal to see what is happening. Maybe it shows what the issue is when you try to start it.
meveric

Unread postby maxencep » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:24 pm

Hello,
I deciced to reinstall the Odroid C2 to give it the best chance. It was probably a good idea because now it is compiling for "arm64". But it is not able to complete the cmake process and I don't see the error.

Code: Select all
odroid@odroid-jessie64:~/OpenCPN$ cd build
odroid@odroid-jessie64:~/OpenCPN/build$ cmake ../
-- *** Build Architecture is arm64
-- *** Staging to build opencpn 4.5.307 ***
-- *** Package will NOT include documentation ***
-- *** Package will include GSHHS basechart level: NONE ***
-- *** Package will NOT include tide and current data ***
-- Found OpenGLESv1
--     Adding local GLU
CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:397 (add_subdirectory):
  Policy CMP0013 is not set: Duplicate binary directories are not allowed.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0013" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

The binary directory

/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/src/glu

is already used to build a source directory.  This command uses it to build
  source directory

/home/odroid/OpenCPN/src/glu

which can generate conflicting build files.  CMake does not support this
  use case but it used to work accidentally and is being allowed for
  compatibility.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error at src/glu/CMakeLists.txt:57 (add_library):
  add_library cannot create target "GLU_static" because another target with
  the same name already exists.  The existing target is a static library
  created in source directory "/home/odroid/OpenCPN/src/glu".  See
  documentation for policy CMP0002 for more details.

-- Found wxWidgets...
--  wxWidgets Includ: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0;/us                                    r/include/wx-3.0
--  wxWidgets Libraries: -L/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu;-pthread;;;-lwx_baseu_net-                                    3.0;-lwx_baseu_xml-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_aui-3.0                                    ;-lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0;-lwx_baseu-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0
--  Revised wxWidgets Libraries: -L/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu;-pthread;-lwx_base                                    u_net-3.0;-lwx_baseu_xml-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_html-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_a                                    ui-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_core-3.0;-lwx_baseu-3.0;-lwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0
--
-- *** Staging to build opencpn  ***
-- Build type: Release
-- *** Will install to /usr/local  ***
-- Crash reporting enabled
-- Using Linux crash reporting
-- Found Portaudio: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libportaudio.so
-- Portaudio Found
-- wxCurl configured...
-- CURL_LIBRARIES:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so
-- SVG support enabled...
--  Cairo include directory found: /usr/include/cairo
--  Cairo library found: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libcairo.so
-- Cairo Extra Libraries: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libpangocairo-1.0.so/usr/li                                    b/aarch64-linux-gnu/libpangoft2-1.0.so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libpangoxft-1.0                                    .so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so
-- Building against GTK2...
-- Building with lzma support
-- Building with tinyxml includes
-- S57 ENC support: enabled
-- Garmin Host Mode support: enabled
-- Found LibELF...
--     ELF Lib: /usr/include
--     ELF Include: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libelf.so
--
-- *** Staging to build PlugIns ***
-- *** Staging to build grib_pi ***
-- *** Staging to build chartdldr_pi ***
-- Found OpenGL...
--     Lib: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libGL                                    .so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libSM.so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libICE.so/usr/l                                    ib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libX11.so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libXext.so
--     Include: /usr/include
-- Chartdldr_pi building with system tinyxml
-- *** Staging to build wmm_pi ***
-- Found OpenGL...
--     Lib: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libGL                                    .so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libSM.so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libICE.so/usr/l                                    ib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libX11.so/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libXext.so
-- Found OpenGL...
--
-- *** Staging to build dashboard_pi ***
-- Writing spec file...
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
odroid@odroid-jessie64:~/OpenCPN/build$

If it can help you: CMakeOutput.log
odroid@odroid-jessie64:~/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles$ vi CMakeOutput.log
The system is: Linux - 3.14.79+ - aarch64
Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c" succeeded.
Compiler: /usr/bin/cc
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:

Compilation of the C compiler identification source "CMakeCCompilerId.c" produced "a.out"

The C compiler identification is GNU, found in "/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles/3.0.2/CompilerIdC/a.out"

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" succeeded.
Compiler: /usr/bin/c++
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:

Compilation of the CXX compiler identification source "CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" produced "a.out"

The CXX compiler identification is GNU, found in "/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles/3.0.2/CompilerIdCXX/a.out"

Determining if the C compiler works passed with the following output:
Change Dir: /home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:"/usr/bin/make" "cmTryCompileExec347665710/fast"
/usr/bin/make -f CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec347665710.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec347665710.dir/build
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/odroid/OpenCPN/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1

I am a linux newbee, but I found this compiling system very difficult :(

In any case I really appreciate your help and the fact you are giving your time to help the community

Maxence
maxencep

Unread postby meveric » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 pm

That's a new error which wasn't there in previous build.
You can fix it if you edit the CMakeList.txt file in the main directory of the project.
Outcomment the line "add_subdirectory(src/glu)" so it looks like this:
MESSAGE (STATUS "    Adding local GLU" )
#add_subdirectory(src/glu)
SET( OPENGL_LIBRARIES "GLU_static" ${REVISED_OPENGL_LIBRARIES})

It will still be build and linked, they just included it doubled for some reason.
Still it seems that's not the only issue in the build system. I had to add lib/libGL.a to CMakeFiles/opencpn.dir/link.txt
I'm still looking into it, but it's quite troublesome at the moment. It did not have this issues in the past.
meveric

Previous

Return to The Ideas