[TOOL] ODROID-Utility

Share here your ideas for new projects
mdrjr
Site Admin
languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

[TOOL] ODROID-Utility

Post by mdrjr »

I've started to write this script to replace kernel-update.

It does WAY more then the current kernel-update is doing.

I plan to replace kernel-update with this tool very soon.

Sources: https://github.com/mdrjr/odroid-utility

How to Install:

Code: Select all

sudo -s
wget -O /usr/local/bin/odroid-utility.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mdrjr/odroid-utility/master/odroid-utility.sh
chmod +x /usr/local/bin/odroid-utility.sh
odroid-utility.sh
Don't worry about the extra files. The script self-updates itself everytime its started.

What is supported.
Debian and Ubuntu ATM. More to come.
Xorg on/off
Change hostname
Configure HDMI (x/x2/u2/u3) only.
Kernel Update (all boards)
boot.scr's update (all boards) Oh yes. Updating the kernel doesn't replace your boot.scr's anymore. If you was using custom ones to boot from hdd.. they should be safe now.
Rebuilds ARMSOC DDX , installs new Mali drivers when they are available and fixes ABI errors
Filesystem resize

TODO:
HDMI Configuration for XU.
XBMC Install/Update

Ideas and patchs are welcome. Either post a diff with your e-mail and name or submit a PR on github.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Re: [TOOL] ODROID-Utility

Post by meveric »

armsoc.sh:
you install build dep for Debian, but not for Ubuntu, any particular reason why not?
change_hostname.sh:
1. instead of adding more and more names for 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts you should find and remove the old line with sed, before adding the new line
2. you probably wanna check for exim4 and see if a config file exists.. cause the hostname is in there as well in case it's installed.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

meveric wrote:armsoc.sh:
you install build dep for Debian, but not for Ubuntu, any particular reason why not?
change_hostname.sh:
1. instead of adding more and more names for 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts you should find and remove the old line with sed, before adding the new line
2. you probably wanna check for exim4 and see if a config file exists.. cause the hostname is in there as well in case it's installed.
Because debian requires other packages.. Ubuntu with a single build-dep I can fetch all I need.

1. Yep.. Need to improve that.. want to submit a PR ?
2. Nope. I won't touch any mailserver configuration. If someone is running a mailserver its their problem to deal with that.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2, H2 (J4105), GoA, C4

Post by meveric »

mdrjr wrote: Because debian requires other packages.. Ubuntu with a single build-dep I can fetch all I need.
That's only partly true cause that only works for Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 if someone still uses 13.04 or even 12.04 that won't work (including some of robroy's community images).
And since in the last issue of ODROID Magazin the old Ubuntu 12.04 Image was named as the "official Image" there might be people using Ubunut where that is not working.
Besides that, even IF you can fetch it with one command, that command is not in the armsoc.sh file which is simply what i was pointing at :)
mdrjr wrote: 1. Yep.. Need to improve that.. want to submit a PR ?
2. Nope. I won't touch any mailserver configuration. If someone is running a mailserver its their problem to deal with that.
I'm ok with the second one.. i just remeber we're doing that on work just in case automatically as well each time we rename a PC :)

For 1. you might use the following before your echo "127.0.0.1 $NH" >> /etc/hosts:

LINE=`cat /etc/hosts | grep -n "^127.0.0.1" | grep -v "localhost" | cut -d ":" -f1`
sed -i "${LINE}d" "/etc/hosts"
Not sure if it works if there are already multiple lines in there, so you might have to set it in a loop or something.
You could also simply do something like this:

sed -i "s/^127.0.0.1.*//" /etc/hosts
which would simply replace the line with an empty line, which should work for no matter how many lines you have in your /etc/hosts, but would result in many empty lines depending on how often you change the name.

Anyway, that are just some suggestions and you should test that.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

drEagle
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: U3/U3+/C1
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by drEagle »

Why debian support install xorg ?
I have a debian wheezy server headless which do not need X11.
Is it possible to move xorg dependencies to specific feature ?

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

meveric wrote:
mdrjr wrote: Because debian requires other packages.. Ubuntu with a single build-dep I can fetch all I need.
That's only partly true cause that only works for Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 if someone still uses 13.04 or even 12.04 that won't work (including some of robroy's community images).
And since in the last issue of ODROID Magazin the old Ubuntu 12.04 Image was named as the "official Image" there might be people using Ubunut where that is not working.
Besides that, even IF you can fetch it with one command, that command is not in the armsoc.sh file which is simply what i was pointing at :)
Not my problem if Rob wants to write whatever he wants on the magazine.
For me the only official image from us is the Xubuntu image that is also the image that comes pre-installed.
If he pointed that on the magazine its a big screw up. Since that image still uses the eldery 3.0 kernel and won't even have the needed enhancements for U3.

Your point is actually valid. I'll move all xorg dependencies to armsoc. That way I fixed the issue from drEagle too.
meveric wrote:
mdrjr wrote: 1. Yep.. Need to improve that.. want to submit a PR ?
I'm ok with the second one.. i just remeber we're doing that on work just in case automatically as well each time we rename a PC :)

For 1. you might use the following before your echo "127.0.0.1 $NH" >> /etc/hosts:

LINE=`cat /etc/hosts | grep -n "^127.0.0.1" | grep -v "localhost" | cut -d ":" -f1`
sed -i "${LINE}d" "/etc/hosts"
Not sure if it works if there are already multiple lines in there, so you might have to set it in a loop or something.
You could also simply do something like this:

sed -i "s/^127.0.0.1.*//" /etc/hosts
which would simply replace the line with an empty line, which should work for no matter how many lines you have in your /etc/hosts, but would result in many empty lines depending on how often you change the name.

Anyway, that are just some suggestions and you should test that.
I know how to use sed :( I asked for a PR not how to use sed.
Anyway.. I'll address those two issues today :)

You guys can open issues on github ;) Its better for me to keep myself organized and keep track of the issues :)

sert00
languages_spoken: english,italian
ODROIDs: ODROID-U2*2__ODROID-U3__ODROID-XU-E__ODROID-XU-Ebeta__ODROID-C1__ODROID-XU4

Post by sert00 »

Hi Mauro and guys! :mrgreen: Recently i'm not following so much here,and excuse me if i'm asking something stupid or already answered.
Let me try to explain:
i have a Emmc inserted,with some linux distro on it.
I have a microsd inserted,with some linux distro on it.
Is there a way to use boot from sd,without pull-off emmc?something doable within yours odroid-utility where i can choose which (sd or emmc)storage will be used next reboot as a boot partition?
Having it on both storage,both with a linux distros (debian\ubuntu)i can everytime switch from one to one without having to pull-off the emmc.
I don't know if it's possible,i think not,but never say never...
thanks and greetings! :)
good job with this tool!
2x Odroid-U2
2x Odroid-XU-E
Odroid-U3
Odroid-C1+
Odroid-XU4
Lcd touch panel 10.1"
....and many of the goodies available....

magnum_pi
languages_spoken: English, Japanese, French, Irish
ODROIDs: U2, X2, XU, U3

Post by magnum_pi »

sert00 wrote:Is there a way to use boot from sd,without pull-off emmc?something doable within yours odroid-utility where i can choose which (sd or emmc)storage will be used next reboot as a boot partition?
I don't know about mdrj's utility because I haven't tried it yet.

What I do when I want to change boot devices:

#1 figure out which device the bootloader will be looking at when it tries to boot (for X2 anyway, you have a switch on the board to select, but for others, it should always be emmc first)
#2 mount the first partition (the vfat one) of that disk somewhere (or find it, if it's already mounted)
#3 check UUIDs of all attached drives. If two duplicate UUIDs exist for linux the partitions, either rename one disk's UUID (with tune2fs -U) or its Label (with tune2fs -L)
#4 change boot.scr on the actual boot device to point to new root device (change the kernel boot line from root= to root=UUID=... or root=LABEL=...). (Instructions elswhere for regenerating boot.scr; also note that changing this doesn't change the default boot kernel)
#5 change fstab on the target root filesystem (which is not necessarily the one where the kernel resides). Replace line for '/' (2nd field) so that the first field says UUID=... or LABEL=... as appropriate

Note that this with method you may end up with the bootloader loading the kernel from one device, but uinitrd and/or root filesystem being loaded from the other. This may lead to problems...

The other method of choosing a device to boot from is using the UART debug console. Connect to a (Linux) PC with it, run minicom (usually /dev/ttyUSB0, but check dmesg |tail output to be sure). First, run 'strings boot.scr' on your current boot.scr while the machine is still running. Copy that off into a file somewhere so you can copy and paste from it.

Next, reboot the machine, being ready to hit a key in minicom to interrupt the boot process. If you get a boot prompt, you can issue commands. It will also tell you what devices (SD/eMMC) the bootloader can see.

Now go back to the boot.scr. As an example, one I have says:

boot.scr for X with HDMI auto-pr
setenv initrd_high "0xffffffff"
setenv fdt_high "0xffffffff"
setenv bootcmd "fatload mmc 0:1 0x40008000 zImage; fatload mmc 0:1 0x42000000 uInitrd; bootm 0x40008000 0x42000000"
setenv bootargs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC1,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro  mem=2047M"
boot
You want to copy and paste in all those lines (except the first, which is just a comment; if you do paste it in, it'll give an error you can ignore), but make two changes:

* fatload mmc 0:1 has to change to the correct boot device to find the kernel (I can't remember if it's 0:0 or 0:2 for the other device; check the boot messages!)
* change root= in the 'setenv bootargs' line the same way you would in method 1 above.

Using this method, if you picked the right device your kernel and associated files (modules, root file system, fstab) should all agree and there won't be a problem. Obviously, you do need the UART debug cable to do this...

I hope that helped.

sert00
languages_spoken: english,italian
ODROIDs: ODROID-U2*2__ODROID-U3__ODROID-XU-E__ODROID-XU-Ebeta__ODROID-C1__ODROID-XU4

Post by sert00 »

thanks for a so much detailed reply magumpi!
The second option you sad,it's what i already used for months...but in the long term it's a bit tricky to do everytimes....instead for the first you cited,i didn't knbow about,but i agree it leads to problems,loading one kernel and root fs from another storage.
I'm organizing all the os after months of non-usages of odroids for so little time,and continue with method i always did.
thank you very much for reply! :)
2x Odroid-U2
2x Odroid-XU-E
Odroid-U3
Odroid-C1+
Odroid-XU4
Lcd touch panel 10.1"
....and many of the goodies available....

HiDeHo

Post by HiDeHo »

how to use this tool there is no explanation on how to which is weird. i ned this tool to help me get back to old kernel version. there is no menu entry and nothing in /usr/share/applications
I appreciate all who take the time to contribute to improve and help make things better for all.

magnum_pi

Post by magnum_pi »

A couple of things that happened in wheezy:
* script seems to want to look in /media/boot (on Debian) rather than /boot (then straight after we get 'shouldn't get here error message')
* Message about "E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list". Maybe harmless for me (armsoc*.txt shows compile OK with no errors) because I manually installed libudev-dev, but maybe it causes problems for other users?

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

magnum_pi wrote:A couple of things that happened in wheezy:
* script seems to want to look in /media/boot (on Debian) rather than /boot (then straight after we get 'shouldn't get here error message')
* Message about "E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list". Maybe harmless for me (armsoc*.txt shows compile OK with no errors) because I manually installed libudev-dev, but maybe it causes problems for other users?
1. Ugh! That shouldn't happen! It will use /boot if its debian. "Shouldn't get here" is printed only if by some reasons the menus gets wrong values.
2. Ah! deb-src may be missing on the sources.list :( I need to put a check on that too.

robroy
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: Q2, X, X2, U2, U3, XU-E, XU3, XU4, C1, C1+, C2, GO, GO Advance, H2+

Post by robroy »

Not my problem if Rob wants to write whatever he wants on the magazine.
For me the only official image from us is the Xubuntu image that is also the image that comes pre-installed.
If he pointed that on the magazine its a big screw up. Since that image still uses the eldery 3.0 kernel and won't even have the needed enhancements for U3.
I dont remember declaring a single "official image" in the magazine :? "Official" just means that an image comes from Hardkernel instead of a 3rd party developer. There are lots of official images, Linaro 12.04 being one of the earliest.
Rob Roy, Editor-in-Chief of ODROID Magazine (submit an article | make a donation)

magnum_pi

Post by magnum_pi »

I re-ran all the steps for installing wheezy on a U3. I paid more attention this time to what your utility script was doing

1a. I may have got the wrong idea about /media. The error message I get (from updating HDMI config) is 'cp: cannot stat `/boot/boot-auto_edid.scr': No such file or directory'
1b The "shouldn't get here" was giving ">> 2 <<" in the message and happens when I select '6. exit' from the menu. If I press ESC instead of using <cancel>, I get a different kind of 'shouldn't be here' message.
1c. actually, I still get a 'cp: target `/media/boot' is not a directory' message in the log, but I'm not sure what option I pressed to trigger it...

'

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

magnum_pi wrote:I re-ran all the steps for installing wheezy on a U3. I paid more attention this time to what your utility script was doing

1a. I may have got the wrong idea about /media. The error message I get (from updating HDMI config) is 'cp: cannot stat `/boot/boot-auto_edid.scr': No such file or directory'
1b The "shouldn't get here" was giving ">> 2 <<" in the message and happens when I select '6. exit' from the menu. If I press ESC instead of using <cancel>, I get a different kind of 'shouldn't be here' message.
1c. actually, I still get a 'cp: target `/media/boot' is not a directory' message in the log, but I'm not sure what option I pressed to trigger it...

'
1a and 1c should be fixed by this: https://github.com/mdrjr/odroid-utility ... 93ecb26276
1b is a error that I still need to fix it :( Its harmless. Just cosmetic

jeanrob98
ODROIDs: XU

Post by jeanrob98 »

An excellent tool.

However, on Debian Jessie, when doing the "Rebuild xorg armsoc" option,
it comes back with:

E: Unable to find a source package for xserver-xorg-video-armsoc

And, yes, there is no such package in Debian.
But google says that there is sucha package in ubuntu.

Should I add an Ubuntu source repository?

Jean

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

jeanrob98 wrote:An excellent tool.

However, on Debian Jessie, when doing the "Rebuild xorg armsoc" option,
it comes back with:

And, yes, there is no such package in Debian.
But google says that there is sucha package in ubuntu.

Should I add an Ubuntu source repository?

Jean
No... Don't do that.. It will break your debian install.

If you are on XU you don't have to use this option.

TSC
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2 / U3

Post by TSC »

Hi,

This tool seems great! But there's a little problem. I have ubuntu linaro 12.11 Robotics Edition on a X2 and I'm trying to rebuild Xorg armsoc DDX (fixes ABI errors), including updating Mali drivers (which is what I want to do). But I get:

every time I try to update the Mali drivers. I send the log on the attachment.

Running es2gears gives me:

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
EGL_VERSION = 1.4 (DRI2)
vertex shader info: 
fragment shader info: 
info: 
281 frames in 5.0 seconds = 56.021 FPS
273 frames in 5.0 seconds = 54.448 FPS
Here's the initial glmark2-es2 log:

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
=======================================================
    glmark2 2012.08
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VENDOR:     Mesa Project
    GL_RENDERER:   Software Rasterizer
    GL_VERSION:    OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 8.0.4
I already have mali400-odroid installed by apt-get. If I try to install mali400 and mali400-dev, the following packages will be removed: glmark2-es2, libegl1-mesa, libegl1-mesa-dev, libegl1-mesa-drivers, libgbm1, libgl1-mesa-dri, libgles2-mesa, libgles2-mesa-dev, libglew1.7, libglew1.7-dev, lubuntu-core, mesa-utils-extra and xorg. Which probably are not supposed to be removed. (I probably need libgles2-mesa-dev since it is a libqt4-opengl-dev dependency and I need this one to compile a ROS package - namely rgdslam).

Is there a way to correct this? Maybe a manual way without using this tool?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
armsoc-update-2014.06.27-15.23.txt
armsoc-update log
(9.65 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

TSC
ODROIDs: ODROID-X2 / U3

Post by TSC »

Anyone?!

I just tried to follow Mali driver update using this:

wget http://dn.odroid.com/MALI400_R3P2/20130222/mali_packages.tar.gz
tar xvfz mali_packages.tar.gz
cd mali_packages
sudo dpkg -i mali400_2.1-13_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i mali400-dev_2.1-13_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i xf86-video-mali_1.0.1-7_armhf.deb
sudo rm -fr /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl
sync
But now it fails to boot to the graphical interface. Can't even use Ctrl+Alt+F1 to enter terminal to correct the boot using the Odroid Utiity, cause every key I type appears as strange characters on screen :S

Any way to solve this without a clean Ubuntu install again? (yes again since I repeated this at least 4 times!)

Thanks for the help!

Note: I'm using an HDMI screen, not the LCD interface.

UPDATE: Did a fresh clean install of Ubuntu Linaro 12.11 Robotics Edition on my eMMC. Ran Odroid-Utility and did a kernel-update and Rebuild Xorg armsoc DDX (besides updating boot.src's, udev rules and installing firmware files). Got my Mali drivers somehow disconfigured. Now running es2gears gives me:

EGLUT: failed to intialize EGL display
So right now, I don't have any idea how to update the Mali drivers in this image!

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

TSC,

Right now we don't support that old image.

But you still can build armsoc for it.

You have to do it all manually.

https://github.com/mdrjr/odroid-utility ... /armsoc.sh

Check what it does and you can manually build it.. Just apt-get build-dep xserver-xorg-video-.....
You have to use another package as reference since 12.11 doesn't have it.

thenoots
ODROIDs: U3

Post by thenoots »

Hello,
I have a fresh install on emmc from this image: http://manidhillon.com/odroid-u3/debian-hf/
It is a Debian Jessie kernel 3.8.13.3. It works well but I want to do a kernel update for it to have the USB hdd drivers builtin and cooler control.
After running the kernel update, the odroid hangs on this screen - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/986 ... M00815.jpg
What is wrong?
Btw - it seems the kernel update script needs three tools which dont exist on a Debian fresh install: initramfs-tools, u-boot-tools and lsb_release.

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

This script has a set of requirements that you need to match. If your image doesn't have those it won't work for you.
Its tested only on Official images and a few community images.

BaGRoS
languages_spoken: polish, english
ODROIDs: Odroid U3

Post by BaGRoS »

Your ODROID Utility script installs the drivers of yesterday?
http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-fo ... y-drivers/

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

BaGRoS wrote:Your ODROID Utility script installs the drivers of yesterday?
http://malideveloper.arm.com/develop-fo ... y-drivers/
No. What you linked is just the X11 DDX that we don't even use anymore.

HiDeHo

Post by HiDeHo »

mdrjr wrote:This script has a set of requirements that you need to match. If your image doesn't have those it won't work for you.
Its tested only on Official images and a few community images.
if this is true then odroid should mention what images it has tested it on not just saying debian support, as there are different debian os images, a stable one and an testing one. just saying let people what exact images have been tested to work. and what each os requires os people can check if all is there.
I appreciate all who take the time to contribute to improve and help make things better for all.

PepperCorn
ODROIDs: U3

Post by PepperCorn »

I get this when trying to update the kernel on Ubuntu 14.04

*** Installing new kernel. Please wait. A backup and log will be saved on /root
/usr/local/bin/kernel_update.sh: line 196: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d/flash-kernel: No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/initramfs/post-update.d/flash-kernel’: No such file or directory

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

This is harmless. Don't worry..

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

Updated today with new:

1. Kernel downloads are now md5sum to avoid issues with failed downloads.
2. Users can now safely update their eMMC/SD Bootloaders on XU3/X/X2/U3/U2
3. Fixed the annoying "You shouldn't be here >> 2 <<" message
4. Fixed the flash kernel warning as well

Cartridge
languages_spoken: english, french natively
ODROIDs: The Perfect ODROID-U2, ODROID-U3+, C1, XU3

Post by Cartridge »

I've finally updated to 14.04 a few days ago and I'm trying to update the kernel. This was before memeka put out the new update on his image. (Dang!)
As the kernel update begins it was very fast but then suddenly it stopped at 60% and it's been there for about an hour. Is it working on something or did I run into some kind of error?
http://cartridgeports.cf/
ODROID's DO what WinDON'T "That's Blast Processing!"

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

It just stopped the download.. something went bad between your computer and the server where the file is stored.
Simple as that. Close the program and run it again.

Cartridge
languages_spoken: english, french natively
ODROIDs: The Perfect ODROID-U2, ODROID-U3+, C1, XU3

Post by Cartridge »

Thanks for the advice mdrjr :)
http://cartridgeports.cf/
ODROID's DO what WinDON'T "That's Blast Processing!"

pws

Post by pws »

Updating the SD based boot-loader on on of my U3's, bricked it; so much for that.

(Out of curiosity, what changes were made?)

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

https://github.com/mdrjr/odroid-utility ... d93a21007d
Is the changeset that add's the said functionality.

Just tested here and it failed! I'm working on fix it.

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

Fixed the logic causing the error :(
Sorry about that.

pws

Post by pws »

It appears the prior code corrupted the partitioning of the SD card, as it appears to now be unmountable.

Is there any way the card may be made bootable again while maintaining access to prior critical files on the card?

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

dd if=image.img of=/dev/sdX count=1
Will restore the default MBR. If you had it resized.. You have to open gparted and resize it again before trying to boot

pws

Post by pws »

Thank you. Although I was not able to get it to boot again, I was able to access the files I was most interested in.

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

I'm really sorry about that :( I was idiot enough to not test microsd on U3 :(

pws

Post by pws »

No problem; as sometimes a few steps forward, incurs a step back on occasion.

FLOPPY
ODROIDs: ODROID XU Lite

Post by FLOPPY »

Can I upgrade from xubuntu 13.10 to 14.04 with that script?
wanted urgently for home: streaming in firefox and looking films in youtube.

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

FLOPPY wrote:Can I upgrade from xubuntu 13.10 to 14.04 with that script?
No. This is not the idea of the script.

bgeneto
ODROIDs: U3, C1

Post by bgeneto »

Does this script also updates xserver-xorg-core with a patched version? If not, is this possible in a near future? TIA.

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

No.. It won't do that.. ever...
That's not the point of it anyway.

gulp
languages_spoken: Italian,english
ODROIDs: Odroid U3

Post by gulp »

Hope to see Fedora support soon ;)
waiting from long time.

emc2
languages_spoken: english,german
ODROIDs: ODROID U3+C1

Post by emc2 »

is the install/update of XBMC in work? This would be a great feature ;)

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

Works for U3/U2 and C1

jacakk
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: XU Rev 0.3 20130717

Post by jacakk »

I have fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my XU. After upgrading kernel board won't boot. Something about bad image! :(
Logs:

cat: /tmp/kupdate/odroidxu.tar.xz.md5sum: No such file or directory
md5sum: /tmp/kupdate/odroidxu.tar.xz: No such file or directory
*** Installing new kernel. Please wait. A backup and log will be saved on /root
ls: cannot access /tmp/kupdate/boot/config-*: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '/tmp/kupdate/boot/config-*': No such file or directory

root@odroid-server:~# cat kernel_update-log-2015.09.26-21.37.txt 
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
xz: odroidxu.tar.xz: No such file or directory
tar: odroidxu.tar: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
cp: cannot stat 'boot/zImage': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'lib/modules/*': No such file or directory
No arg for -k option
Usage: /usr/sbin/update-initramfs [OPTION]...

Options:
 -k [version]	Specify kernel version or 'all'
 -c		Create a new initramfs
 -u		Update an existing initramfs
 -d		Remove an existing initramfs
 -t		Take over a custom initramfs with this one
 -b		Set alternate boot directory
 -v		Be verbose
 -h		This message

mkimage: Can't open /boot/initrd.img-: No such file or directory

U-Boot 2012.07 (Sep 13 2013 - 13:53:58) for Exynos5410

CPU: Exynos5410 Rev2.3 [Samsung SOC on SMP Platform Base on ARM CortexA15]
APLL = 900MHz, KPLL = 600MHz
MPLL = 532MHz, BPLL = 800MHz
DRAM:  2 GiB
WARNING: Caches not enabled

TrustZone Enabled BSP
BL1 version: 
PMIC VER : 0, CHIP REV : 6
VDD MIF : 1.00000V
VDD ARM : 1.00000V
VDD INT : 1.00000V
VDD G3D : 1.00000V
VDD KFC : 1.00000V

Checking Boot Mode ... EMMC4.41
MMC:   S5P_MSHC0: 0, S5P_MSHC2: 1
MMC Device 0: 58.2 GiB
MMC Device 1: [ERROR] response error : 00000006 cmd 8
[ERROR] response error : 00000006 cmd 55
[ERROR] response error : 00000006 cmd 2
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   No ethernet found.
Press 'Enter' or 'Space' to stop autoboot:  0 
there are pending interrupts 0x00000001
reading boot.ini

5505 bytes read
Find boot.ini file from FAT Area!!
boot.ini command = setenv hk_current_version "2"
boot.ini command = setenv verify 'if test $hk_version != $hk_current_version;then;fatload mmc 0:1 40008000 u-boot.bin;emmc open 0;movi w z u 0 40008000;emmc close 0;setenv hk_version $hk_current_version;save;reset;fi'
boot.ini command = run verify
boot.ini command = setenv initrd_high "0xffffffff"
boot.ini command = setenv fdt_high "0xffffffff"
boot.ini command = setenv bootrootfs "console=tty1 console=ttySAC2,115200n8 root=UUID=e139ce78-9841-40fe-8823-96a304a09859 rootwait ro"
boot.ini command = setenv fb_x_res     "1280"
boot.ini command = setenv fb_y_res     "720"
boot.ini command = setenv vout         "hdmi"
boot.ini command = setenv left     "56"
boot.ini command = setenv right    "24"
boot.ini command = setenv upper    "3"
boot.ini command = setenv lower    "3"
boot.ini command = setenv hsync    "14"
boot.ini command = setenv vsync    "3"
boot.ini command = setenv fb_control "left=${left} right=${right} upper=${upper} lower=${lower} vsync=${vsync} hsync=${hsync}"
boot.ini command = setenv hdmi_phy_res "720p60hz"
boot.ini command = setenv led_blink    "1"
boot.ini command = setenv bootcmd "fatload mmc 0:1 0x40008000 zImage; fatload mmc 0:1 0x42000000 uInitrd; bootz 0x40008000 0x42000000"
boot.ini command = setenv bootargs "${bootrootfs} ${fb_control} fb_x_res=${fb_x_res} fb_y_res=${fb_y_res} vout=${vout} hdmi_phy_res=${hdmi_phy_res} led_blink=${led_blink}"
boot.ini command = boot
reading zImage

** Unable to read "zImage" from mmc 0:1 **
reading uInitrd

64 bytes read
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!
boot.ini command = 
>>> Load Boot Script from mmc 0:1 <<<
reading boot.scr

** Unable to read "boot.scr" from mmc 0:1 **
>>> Load Boot Script from mmc 0:2 <<<

** Unable to use mmc 0:2 for fatload **
>>> Run Default Bootcmd <<<
reading kernel..device 0 Start 1263, Count 16384 
MMC read: dev # 0, block # 1263, count 16384 ... 16384 blocks read: OK
completed
Bad Linux ARM zImage magic!
Exynos5410 # 

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

Should be fixed now.

jacakk
languages_spoken: english, polish
ODROIDs: XU Rev 0.3 20130717

Post by jacakk »

mdrjr wrote:Should be fixed now.
Just update the tool from git and try again? Or any more specific actions?

mdrjr
Site Admin

Post by mdrjr »

Just update and it should work..

Return to “The Ideas”