Conflict Minerals Report

Ameridroid
languages_spoken: english

Conflict Minerals Report

Unread post by Ameridroid » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:57 am

Hello All,
This is Daniel from ameriDroid. We are trying to complete a conflict mineral report for one of our clients relating to the use of 3TG (Tantalum, Tin, Titanium and Gold) in production and the responsible sourcing of said minerals. We cannot complete this without help from HardKernel, and we have been referred here for support. Is there someone that may be able to complete this or at least provide us with the necessary information? Any help will be greatly appreciated, as we cannot proceed in business with one of our largest clients without it. Thank you very much,

Daniel
ameriDroid

mad_ady
ODROIDs: XU4, C1+, C2, N1, H2, N2

Re: Conflict Minerals Report

Unread post by mad_ady » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 am

Maybe you can share what such a report should contain and who generraly publishes/guarantees for that information.
Also, for which devices? I expect each one has a different report.

meveric
languages_spoken: german, english
ODROIDs: X2, U2, U3, XU-Lite, XU3, XU3-Lite, C1, XU4, C2, C1+, XU4Q, HC1, N1, Go, H2 (N4100), N2

Unread post by meveric » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:05 am

mad_ady wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 am
Maybe you can share what such a report should contain and who generraly publishes/guarantees for that information.
I think this is generally that you confirm that as a company you guarantee you don't get your raw materials such as gold, tin and so on from countries that are known to produce them in an environmental harmful manner (or human exploration).
There are some countries that use tons of chemicals to extract these minerals which in return will be washed into rivers, lakes and other things which harm environment a lot.
Some countries have bans (or high taxes) on products that were produced with minerals from these countries, therefore you have to give a certificate of origin to show where your materials come from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMdJgqKoxUw
mad_ady wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 am
Also, for which devices? I expect each one has a different report.
The devices are not really important, as it's about the minerals uses in the components and their origin.
As most of the materials are bought by HardKernel, such as the SoC, the memory chips, and other chips such as audio, or USB hubs, the manufacturer of these components are responsible for this, Samung, AmLogic, etc.
But the components used by HardKernel and how they build their SBCs (resistors, capacitors, conducting paths, etc.) is what can be confirmed by HardKernel.
And that is probably what the customer is asking for.
If they are asking about main components, such as SoC, I would bluntly tell him to go ask Samsung or AmLogic.
Donate to support my work on the ODROID GameStation Turbo Image for U2/U3 XU3/XU4 X2 X C1 as well as many other releases.
Check out the Games and Emulators section to find some of my work or check the files in my repository to find the software i build for ODROIDs.
If you want to add my repository to your image read my HOWTO integrate my repo into your image.

Ameridroid

Unread post by Ameridroid » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 am

Hello,
Thank you for the speedy reply. This relates to any products we carry that may contain 3TG, or Tantalum, Tungsten(not Titanium, sorry), Tin and Gold, and is mostly concerning ongoing conflict in the Peoples Republic of the Congo, much of which is financed by the mining and sale of such "conflict minerals".
Here are the questions listed in the report template:

1) Is any 3TG intentionally added or used in the product(s) or in the production process? (*)
2) Does any 3TG remain in the product(s)? (*)
3) Do any of the smelters in your supply chain source the 3TG from the covered countries? (SEC term, see definitions tab) (*)
4) Does 100 percent of the 3TG (necessary to the functionality or production of your products) originate from recycled or scrap sources? (*)
5) What percentage of relevant suppliers have provided a response to your supply chain survey? (*)
6) Have you identified all of the smelters supplying the 3TG to your supply chain? (*)
7) Has all applicable smelter information received by your company been reported in this declaration? (*)

A. Have you established a conflict minerals sourcing policy? (*)
B. Is your conflict minerals sourcing policy publicly available on your website? (Note – If yes, the user shall specify the URL in the comment field.) (*)
C. Do you require your direct suppliers to be DRC conflict-free? (*)
D. Do you require your direct suppliers to source the 3TG from smelters whose due diligence practices have been validated by an independent third party audit program? (*)
E. Have you implemented due diligence measures for conflict-free sourcing? (*)
F. Does your company conduct Conflict Minerals survey(s) of your relevant supplier(s)? (*)
G. Do you review due diligence information received from your suppliers against your company’s expectations? (*)
H. Does your review process include corrective action management? (*)
I. Is your company required to file an annual conflict minerals disclosure with the SEC? (*)

If 3TG is present in manufacturing, they request smelter information, including:
Smelter Identification number, Metal, Smelter lookup #, Smelter Name, Smelter Country (*), Smelter Identification, Source of Smelter Identification Number, Smelter Street, Smelter City, Smelter Facility Location: State / Province, Smelter Contact Name, Smelter Contact Email, Name of Mine(s) or if recycled or scrap sourced, enter "recycled" or "scrap", Name of Mine(s) or if recycled or scrap sourced, enter "recycled" or "scrap", Location (Country) of Mine(s) or if recycled or scrap sourced, enter "recycled" or "scrap", Does 100% of the smelter’s feedstock originate from recycled or scrap sources?

With this information we can complete the report. If more information about this process is desired, the template is available for download here:
http://www.responsiblemineralsinitiativ ... -template/

I am sorry to dump all of this on you, and I am hoping that you can find available time to assist us. Thank you very much for your response and any help that you can offer,

Daniel
ameriDroid

Ameridroid

Unread post by Ameridroid » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:02 am

Although they are requesting reports on all products that we carry, the most pressing will be information regarding the C2.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English
ODROIDs: ODROID

Unread post by odroid » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:55 am

We can supply the RoHS documents only.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-c2/hardw ... _documents

There are over 300 different components on the SBC and we can't investigate the 3TG minerals since our 100+ vendors can't do that.

Return to “General Topics”