Questions about ordering directly from hardkernel site

Moderators: odroid, meveric, mdrjr

Questions about ordering directly from hardkernel site

Unread postby AndrewLii » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Hello, I'm an American citizen who wants to order from hardkernel's online web store and have the products shipped to my house. I made an order to hardkernel and noticed that it stated that I am "considered the Importer of record and must comply with local regulations of the country in which I am to receive the goods." Can someone explain to me the exact context of what this means and if someone who lives in the United State of America and has ordered from the hardkernel main web store share any insight, knowledge, and/or experiences they've had with this? Like for example, I placed an order for under $70 (it was one board with some accessories). Do I seriously have to call and notify my border control about the incoming package or do I just wait for UPS or Fedex to deliver it to my door? Or is the legal disclaimers there to protect the company from liability of a customer not paying an import tax on goods or border control confiscating/losing the package?

Thanks,
Andrew
legalStuff.png
Attached is the text I was referring to in regards to my question
AndrewLii

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid c1+

Re: Questions about ordering directly from hardkernel site

Unread postby mad_ady » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Ups/fedex should deliver it to your door, but might charge you some import tax (I pay that being in the EU). You can also order stuff from ameridroid, which is the us distributor.
mad_ady

languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: XU3, C1+, C2

Re: Questions about ordering directly from hardkernel site

Unread postby fgodroid » Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Hello,
I have ordered my eMMC from hardkernel's online web store.
The real price of the device is 41.50$
On top of this price, it must be added :
- the handling charge : 16$
- the custom duties (for France) : 31€ ~ 35$
At the end, the final cost of my eMMC is 92$ !!!!!!!! More than twice the price !!!!!
Really, I am very angry ! I ordered it from hardkernel in order to avoid any compatibility concern : but I probably should buy it from a "local" shop/web store.
Do you have any advice for a future purchase ?
thank you
fgodroid

languages_spoken: french
ODROIDs: XU4

Return to General