How-To: Install CyanogenMod on eMMC

Moderators: meveric, mdrjr, odroid

How-To: Install CyanogenMod on eMMC

Unread postby Hamiko » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:45 pm

How-To: Installing CyanogenMod on eMMC

Cyanogen is mostly Nightlie. Nightlies are not for every day use and are not supposed to run stable. So please wait for an official stable build, when you want CM as main system on your odroid.

Since the SD-Card image cause problems, I deleted this section!

Content:
  • 0. Introduction
  • 1. Install CM on eMMC using Ubuntu
  • 2. Install CM on eMMC using Windows (by Cyanogen; credits to kruppin))
  • 3. Update CM and install Google Apps
  • 4. Source

Introduction
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 on a virtual Machine running in Parallels.

1. For eMMC

1. Connect the eMMC through the Adapter to your PC.
2. Download the Bootstrap.
with the Terminal
Code: Select all
sudo wget http://cmw.cmfs.me/emmc/bootstrap-cm-10.1-20130105-odroidu2.zip

this will automatically download the bootstrap-file. :)
3. Now you need to extract the files of the bootstrap.
There should be a command

4. Detect the device name of the eMMC.
Type
mount

in Terminal to see a list of all connected and mounted devices.
For my example, the eMMC was mounted as /dev/sdb/
5. You need to unmount the eMMC. In Unity, search for Disk Util and unmount the right device with this tool. Easiest Way for me, because in VM the normal eject doesn't work the right way.
There should be a command

6. You need to change the directory. Go into the bootstrap directory with
cd /bootstrap/

7. Command with terminal:
sh ./install-emmc.sh /dev/sdX

sdX is in my example sdb! Please make sure, that you choosed the right device!
8. Let the script make his work. After it finished, disconnect the eMMC and insert it into your Odroid-U2. :)

2.b) Install CM using Windows

Note: Only For eMMC
Installing with Windows

1. Install one of the odroid releases on your emmc if you don't already have one.
2. Download Cyanogen Recovery and unzip in the root on the fat-partition on emmc.
3. Download latest CM for odroidu2 from here and put it in root on fat-partition
4. Download optional Google Apps from here and put that too on emmc.
5. Now with the files from odroidu2-recovery.zip you will boot into recovery directly and from there just follow as usual.
Optional/Recommended: Select backup and restore to create a backup of the current installation on the odroidu2.
6. Select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
7. Select install zip from sdcard.
8. Select choose zip from sdcard.
9. Select the CyanogenMod file you placed on the memory. You will then need to then confirm that you do wish to flash this file.
Optional: Install any additional packages you wish using the same method.
Once the installation has finished, return back to the main menu, and select the reboot system now option. It should now boot into CyanogenMod.
The stock Cyanogen should work now with your Odroid-U2! Now it's time to update Cyanogen!

3. Update CyanogenMod

0. (Boot your Odroid.) Perhaps, it's already running like a charm, I hope. ;)
1. You need to get the latest Cyanogen from this Source on your device
and the latest Google Apps
3. Start the terminal app and type in

su

after that:

reboot recovery

4. Now the Odroid will boot in recovery Mode.
Wipe data/factory reset.
5. Select install zip from sdcard.
6. Select choose zip from sdcard.
7. Select the Cyanogen File, you downloaded. It should be in the folder Downloads, if you downloaded it through odroid.
8. Confirm to flash the file!
9. After it's finished, repeat the steps with the Google Apps!

Now choose reboot. Newest CM is up and running. :)

4. Source
CyanogenMod
Flashing Image on Linux from mdjr
Last edited by Hamiko on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hamiko

languages_spoken: english, german
ODROIDs: Odroid-U3

Re: How-To: Install CyanogenMod on eMMC and SD-Card

Unread postby kruppin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:54 am

Or you can make your life alittle easier and just put your emmc/sd in the computer and unzip http://cyanogenmod.org/rc/odroidu2-recovery.zip in the root of your card. And then also put the latest gapps and cm-release there too, and then you will boot directly to recovery so you can install the zips. The one prerequisite is that you already have some form of android already on the sd or emmc. If you bought the emmc/sd from odroid, that shouldn't be a problem though. :) Otherwise just DL and install one of the odroid android-versions first.
kruppin

languages_spoken: Swedish, English
ODROIDs: Odroid-U2

Unread postby Hamiko » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 am

Haha, that's really nice and easy, but when you come from a ubuntu install, it's the same procedure. If you install Odroid Android or CM, there's no difference! :) But thanks for the Addition, I will add it later to the How-To, if you don't mind?
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

CM install on SD card 8GB.
Why can not I see the remaining space on the SD card? The settings do not see sd card.
how it can be fixed?
libtool

languages_spoken: english russian
ODROIDs: U2

Unread postby mdrjr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm

libtool wrote:CM install on SD card 8GB.
Why can not I see the remaining space on the SD card? The settings do not see sd card.
how it can be fixed?

Probably the fat partition isn't there or its broken.
mdrjr
Site Admin

languages_spoken: english, portuguese
ODROIDs: -

Unread postby NMRat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:57 am

When I issue the reboot recovery command the U2 just reboots but does not go into recovery mode. I can't update to the latest version or install google play from the zip files.
NMRat

languages_spoken: english

Unread postby Hamiko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:10 am

When I issue the reboot recovery command the U2 just reboots but does not go into recovery mode. I can't update to the latest version or install google play from the zip files.

You sureley tried it with Cyanogen? Because Odroid Android didn't have Recovery. Maybe you should try the way from kruppin. It's the first post after mine. Thank him, if it's work for you.
Hamiko

Unread postby Hamiko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 am

how it can be fixed?

Which OS did you use? If you are on Ubuntu, try starting Disk Utility and look, what is wrong with your sd-card (there should be 4 partitions, when I remember exactly)

If you are not sure, whats wrong, please make a screenshot and open a new topic for this, so we can look over this :)
Last edited by Hamiko on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hamiko

Unread postby Hamiko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 am

mdrjr wrote:
how it can be fixed?

Please mdrjr, try to ask more to find out, whats going wrong and write less of your short answers. It's horrible for something new to this, to get an answer without a real solution. I hate this and I'm sure, some of the other folks too. Not everyone is as intelligent and creative with this little miracles as you and I really appreciate and love your work with the Odroid. But your answers sucks sometimes even if they could be correct. Sorry to say that, but thats my opinion, so don't be evil. :)
Last edited by Hamiko on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hamiko

Unread postby mdrjr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 am

Hamiko wrote:
mdrjr wrote:
how it can be fixed?

Please mdrjr, try to ask more to find out, whats going wrong and write less of your short answers. It's horrible for something new to this, to get an answer without a real solution. I hate this and I'm sure, some of the other folks too. Not everyone is as intelligent and creative with this little miracles as you and I really appreciate and love your work with the Odroid. But your answers sucks the most time even if they could be correct. Sorry to say that, but thats my opinion, so don't be evil. :)

I don't understand ;( When I ask more people think that I'm stalling. When I answer quick people don't like either ;(
I must suck at it.. Sorry.
mdrjr
Site Admin

Unread postby Hamiko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:36 am

Haha Don't want to say most time, instead sometimes. Bad english and I'm really tired and stressed at the moment. Sorry for that, dont want to make you sad

BTW: You have a special attidude and that's okay. People are different, but sometimes you seems to be very rude. Maybe because the most time, there are very trivial and "easy to find out by myself" answers and this could be disgusting. I understand this, because I feel the same way. I try to search all my informations by myself and that's very hard and consume much time. Others could do this too, but I already know how to do some things (like running Owncloud with nginx, but without webdav, disgusting, but I will find it out) and it's cool and new for me to share this informations. But sometimes i delete my answer, because it's too short or too rude or a little bit sarcastic O:-) It's the better way of dealing with people, even if you want to slap them in the face. :D

Sorry! Keep up the good work! I will find out, what's going on with the recovery and the SD-card and the entertainment stuff and you take on the real and important stuff like questions on how to compile a kernel :D

Deal, Bro?
Hamiko

Unread postby mdrjr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 am

Hamiko wrote:Haha Don't want to say most time, instead sometimes. Bad english and I'm really tired and stressed at the moment. Sorry for that, dont want to make you sad

BTW: You have a special attidude and that's okay. People are different, but sometimes you seems to be very rude. Maybe because the most time, there are very trivial and "easy to find out by myself" answers and this could be disgusting. I understand this, because I feel the same way. I try to search all my informations by myself and that's very hard and consume much time. Others could do this too, but I already know how to do some things (like running Owncloud with nginx, but without webdav, disgusting, but I will find it out) and it's cool and new for me to share this informations. But sometimes i delete my answer, because it's too short or too rude or a little bit sarcastic O:-) It's the better way of dealing with people, even if you want to slap them in the face. :D

Sorry! Keep up the good work! I will find out, what's going on with the recovery and the SD-card and the entertainment stuff and you take on the real and important stuff like questions on how to compile a kernel :D

Deal, Bro?

I'm ok ;) PM me whenever you want to talk about those things ;)

Too late about the kernel, already did a how to for it ;)
mdrjr
Site Admin

Unread postby NMRat » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:05 am

Hamiko wrote:

You sureley tried it with Cyanogen? Because Odroid Android didn't have Recovery. Maybe you should try the way from kruppin. It's the first post after mine. Thank him, if it's work for you.

I'm pretty sure it's Cyanogen. I followed the directions above. Build number is odroidu2-eng 4.1.1JRO03C eng.codewalker.20130111.165829 test-keys. Is this the correct build?

Thanks
NMRat

Unread postby mdrjr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 am

This isn't Cyanogen.. Its our Jellybean image.
mdrjr
Site Admin

Unread postby Hamiko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:30 pm

NMRat wrote:
Hamiko wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's Cyanogen. I followed the directions above. Build number is odroidu2-eng 4.1.1JRO03C eng.codewalker.20130111.165829 test-keys. Is this the correct build?

Thanks

Damn, I'm good. Master detective and such stuff ;)

So please try the way, kruppin describes in his post. This should work. If not, try the way I describe to run CM. This should do it too. If you haven't Linux for this, go to source and click on Link to CyanogenMod. There is an installation guide for windows too, which I am integrating later to this!
Hamiko

Unread postby recliq » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Hamiko wrote:Haha Don't want to say most time, instead sometimes. Bad english and I'm really tired and stressed at the moment. Sorry for that, dont want to make you sad

Deal, Bro?

This is a common problem, I always suggest to read this:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
It explains a lot, especially what most poeple tend to interpret as rude or too short answers... :mrgreen: :geek:
recliq

ODROIDs: 2xU2 + U3 + XU3 + 2xXU4 + C2

Unread postby Hamiko » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:54 pm

Hey recliq, thanks for the link, but we settled down the little thing, and I think, mdrjr and myself are okay. :) But I will still read this, it seems nice ;) But at the moment I have a grudge on Win 8. I hate this system so much sometimes :D
Hamiko

Unread postby ingans » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 am

I'm a Windows user :oops: I can install it?
ingans

languages_spoken: Spanish

Unread postby mdrjr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 am

ingans wrote:I'm a Windows user :oops: I can install it?

Probably you'll need a VM or someone kind enough to make a CM image for you..

I'll try to make one :( But only later this night..
mdrjr
Site Admin

Unread postby ingans » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 am

Thanks!

I download Ubuntu desktop and try to install CM10
ingans

Unread postby Hamiko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:24 am

Hey ingans,

Installing with Windows

Install one of the odroid releases on your emmc if you don't already have one.
Download http://cyanogenmod.org/rc/odroidu2-recovery.zip and unzip in the root on the fat-partition on emmc.
Download latest CM for odroidu2 from http://get.cm/?device=odroidu2 and put it in root on fat-partition
Download optional Google Apps from http://goo.im/gapps and put that too on emmc.
Now with the files from odroidu2-recovery.zip you will boot into recovery directly and from there just follow as usual.
Optional/Recommended: Select backup and restore to create a backup of the current installation on the odroidu2.
Select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
Select install zip from sdcard.
Select choose zip from sdcard.
Select the CyanogenMod file you placed on the memory. You will then need to then confirm that you do wish to flash this file.
Once the installation has finished, return back to the main menu, and select the reboot system now option. It should now boot into CyanogenMod.
Hamiko

Unread postby mdrjr » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 am

I'm moving your guide to the How-tos and guide section, please elaborate it a-little more ;)

Great guide :)
mdrjr
Site Admin

Unread postby libtool » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Hamiko wrote:
how it can be fixed?

Which OS did you use? If you are on Ubuntu, try starting Disk Utility and look, what is wrong with your sd-card (there should be 4 partitions, when I remember exactly)

If you are not sure, whats wrong, please make a screenshot and open a new topic for this, so we can look over this :)

Thank you all for your answers.
Sd card has now the following sections:
part.png

In the setting of Android this fat-section is shown but not active (does not format) and not mounted.
Attachments
part.PNG
gparted
part.PNG (51.34 KiB) Viewed 13132 times
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:10 pm

mdrjr wrote:I'm moving your guide to the How-tos and guide section, please elaborate it a-little more ;)

Great guide :)

Could you specifiy, what you want to be elaborate (didn't know what this word means in the first reading) :D

But I'm looking over it and try to improve some things. At the moment, I try to find out, how I can get this hyperlink thingies to jump to a specific section of the text. Like in wikipedia. :)
Last edited by Hamiko on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamiko

Unread postby Hamiko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:18 pm

libtool wrote:
Hamiko wrote:
how it can be fixed?

part.png

In the setting of Android this fat-section is shown but not active (does not format) and not mounted.

Uhm, reformatting didn't work, I think? There are two options, that I think, could help us.

1. try to use another sd-card. When the same problem appears, there is something wrong, when the image is flashed on sd-card.
2 try to flash the whole sd-card, after that install the official odroid Android and look, if the fat partition works pr not. From there proceed with the windows guide for installing cyanogen (basically this is only copying data from pc to sd-card, so it should work).

Maybe the sd-card has damaged sectors? Sorry, that I can't give you a short solution for this.
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:45 pm

1. SD card is working, 3 days ago, she had a set official Android_Alpha_4.0.3.1, section fat montirovalsyai worked perfectly.
2. Since that fat partition I installed CM:
Copied odroidu2-recovery.zip this fat partition, boot into it, did wipe and flashed the latest CM.
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Uhm, maybe there is a problem with the user rights on this partition and it's locked, because Android wanted the Odroid or something like that? 0o

Could I talk you in a completely fresh flash of Cyanogen with the bootstrap?
I think this should solve all your problems and it's done in a couple of minutes. :)

There's nothing more I could think about to help you. :( I'm sorry for this and I hope it works the right way after the new install
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 pm

What is the bootstrap?
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey libtool, please read the guide on the first side here in this topic and install it following this guide. You are on Linux, I think?, so please read the Install routine for Ubuntu
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:29 pm

Thank you, I will try to flash again.
Using instructions For SD-Card on Ubuntu
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Hope it will work. :) I wish you luck and maybe you could tell us, if it's work for you or not. :)
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Cm set as described in 2. For SD-Card on Ubuntu.
I enter the command: su
reboot recovery
odroid just rebooted in recovery Mode is not included
what to do?
libtool

Unread postby ingans » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:03 am

Hamiko wrote:
libtool wrote:
Hamiko wrote:
how it can be fixed?

part.png

Uhm, reformatting didn't work, I think? There are two options, that I think, could help us.

1. try to use another sd-card. When the same problem appears, there is something wrong, when the image is flashed on sd-card.
2 try to flash the whole sd-card, after that install the official odroid Android and look, if the fat partition works pr not. From there proceed with the windows guide for installing cyanogen (basically this is only copying data from pc to sd-card, so it should work).

Maybe the sd-card has damaged sectors? Sorry, that I can't give you a short solution for this.

I have the same problem in windows install.

I try 3 SD cards and all i have the same problem, dont work fat32 partiton. I format whit win7, gparted and dont recognizes partition, but if i put in my S3 i can see this extsdcard partition.
Now try install with Ubuntu desktop

Sorry for my english
ingans

Unread postby Hamiko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:31 am

Unfortunately, the windows guide is natively for eMMC.
Maybe there is something different for use with SD-Card. So this behavior could be normal. I will put a Note on SD-Cards in the guide until the problem is solved (hopefully) :)
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:25 am

Recovery Mode is already in the firmware http://cmw.cmfs.me/sdcard/OdroidU2_SD_i ... n-2013.zip?
Or it should be installed in addition?
Why can not I get into it?
su
reboot recovery
After these commands are normal reset Android.
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Please try to unpack the CM recovery.zip content in the root of your fat partition of android. You find the recovery in the Install CM for Windows section provides as link.
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks, I'll try!
Just do not understand why write such instructions if they do not work?
If not in the firmware file recovery, then how they will appear on the new Sd card?
And the command reboot recovery, how it should work if there is no file recovery.
Sorry for my English.
libtool

Unread postby libtool » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 pm

Then it turns out simpler to install recovery and flash from it as described in the method for windows. Why this extra step of installing http://cmw.cmfs.me/sdcard/OdroidU2_SD_i ... n-2013.zip?
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Normally there should be the recovery installed automatic with the Image. I really don't know, whats going wrong, but I will test it in the next days to see, if I can reproduce this failure. :)

But there seems a problem with sd-cards in general with Cyanogen. Like mdrjr told in the forum already, Android was made for eMMC and sd card could be to slow (and produce other problems maybe)

And the instructions work. Or did you not run cyanogen on your odroid? ;) only recovery is broken
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Here is the link http://cmw.cmfs.me/sdcard/OdroidU2_SD_i ... n-2013.zip posted stock Android, not CM.
It is installed properly, but without recovery.
CM set of nightly builds a recovery, but does not work for me section fat.
Why do I need to install this one image http://cmw.cmfs.me/sdcard/OdroidU2_SD_i ... n-2013.zip?
How is it different from this example: http://dn.odroid.com/Android_Alpha_4.0. ... b-2013.zip?
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:59 pm

The one is from odroid, the other from Cyanogen. It's basically both Android, Cyanogen on 4.2, Odroid on 4.0.4 and 4.1. It's your choice, what you prefer.

I prefer Cyanogen because of the Recovery, which work on my device, like it should. So it's much easier to implement the newest update.

The Odroid Release didn't have this feature, but it's much more stable then Cyanogen. If you want Android NOW, then install the Odroid Release.
Hamiko

Unread postby libtool » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:16 pm

Hamiko, recovery set you apart, or is it installed with http://cmw.cmfs.me/sdcard/OdroidU2_SD_i ... n-2013.zip?
libtool

Unread postby Hamiko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm

I installed Cyanogen on eMMC with Ubuntu. I used the Bootstrap file for this. So this works for sure. And it runs like a charm.

I will try it later with an SD-Card and will look, if the SD-Card image works the right way. Until then use the ODroid Release!
Hamiko

Unread postby Hamiko » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:07 am

Hey there, I deleted the Sd card section. This thing doesn't worked for me and causes many problems for others. So I think this was the best! When someone try to install Android on Sd-Card, use the Android from Odroid!

If someone managed to run cyanogen withput problems on sd-card, PM me. :)
Hamiko

Unread postby ingans » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 am

We all have problems installing CM10 in SD.
It would be nice to install CM10 and have access to 4GB partition ...
ingans

Unread postby Hamiko » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Yes, I know. Maybe you want to try the Official SD-Card image from Odroid. Flash it on your SD-Card, start from this sd-card, if it works, proceed with the Steps from CyanogenWindowsInstall with the recovery.zip and tell me what happens. :)
Hamiko

Unread postby spicypixel » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Anyone wanna make an image from a working CM + Recovery build for easy flashing?
spicypixel

Unread postby rozsadzacz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:27 am

Hamiko wrote:Hey ingans,

Installing with Windows

Install one of the odroid releases on your emmc if you don't already have one.
Download http://cyanogenmod.org/rc/odroidu2-recovery.zip and unzip in the root on the fat-partition on emmc.
Download latest CM for odroidu2 from http://get.cm/?device=odroidu2 and put it in root on fat-partition
Download optional Google Apps from http://goo.im/gapps and put that too on emmc.
Now with the files from odroidu2-recovery.zip you will boot into recovery directly and from there just follow as usual.
Select the option to wipe data/factory reset.
Select install zip from sdcard.
Select choose zip from sdcard.
Select the CyanogenMod file you placed on the memory. You will then need to then confirm that you do wish to flash this file.

I managed to install cm on sdcard and sucessfully boot it on u2. My steps are similar to that described by Hamiko, I followed tutorial available on odroid.us website.

1. Put sdcard to laptop with linux or Odroid with running os from emmc. Check the device name
dmesg|tail
I assume it is /dev/sdc. If partitions are automatically mounted, then unmount it
sudo umount /dev/sdc?

Fill the whole sdcard with zeros
sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc bs=4M
sync

this could take a while.
Again unmount partitions if they are automatically mounted.
2. Write official Android release from hardkernel.
sudo dd if=ODROID-U2-Android-070212.img of=/dev/sdc bs=4M
sync

3. Boot this prepared sdcard on Odroid, you should see official Android v 4.1. Then power it off. Booting sdcard at this moment is very important step. It takes a while, because u-boot creates new missed partinions.
4. Again put sdcard to laptop or Odroid running from emmc. Mount the first partition /dev/sdc1. Now you can see that it is fat partition. Copy unpacked recovery files to root of this fat partiion. That should be boot.scr, recovery-kernel, recovery-uboot.img. Copy also latest cm zip package and optionally zipped gapps to this partion.

Notice that boot.scr script from zip package is prepared to boot with hd-resolution. If your display screen doesnt support hd, you could see nothing. To make fixed boot.scr file, follow this commands
mv boot.scr boot.scr.1080 # save orginal boot.scr from recovery package
dd if=boot.scr.1080 ibs=70 skip=1 | sed '/^setenv hdmi_phy_res/ s/^/#/' > boot.txt #skip u-boot binary header and comment hd resolution
mkimage -A arm -T script -C none -n 'Boot' -d boot.txt boot.scr # add new header with correct checksum of modified script

5. Boot sdcard on Odroid. You should see recovery. Clear cache, wipe data/factory reset and clear dalvik (last one is in advenced options). Backspace key is to get previous menu.
Then install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sdcard and flash cm zip package, then optionally gapps.
From recovery select reboot. First boot of your new installed cm takes same time.

I hope that this instructions helps to run cm also from sdcard.
Last edited by rozsadzacz on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rozsadzacz

languages_spoken: english, polski
ODROIDs: u2

Unread postby ingans » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:26 pm

I try install this at SDcard and CM10 working, but not detect fat32 partiton.
I think is a CM10 .img problem
ingans

Unread postby rozsadzacz » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:44 pm

ingans wrote:I try install this at SDcard and CM10 working, but not detect fat32 partiton.
I think is a CM10 .img problem

I confirm. During trying to download a file by broweser or tTtorrent, it complains about sdcard not mounted. I tried to mount attached pendrive to /sdcard and /storage, but it didnt fix it.
rozsadzacz

languages_spoken: english, polski
ODROIDs: u2

Next

Return to Android