Okay, tried again with a fresh installed android and now it seems to work.
Please note this might be very unsecure on a device connected to an open network.
This was the whole procedure:
1) android developer options --> enable root
2) start terminal emulator (on promt give superuser permission)
Code: Select all
mount -o remount,rw /vendor
echo "adb.tcp.port=5555" >> /vendor/default.prop
3) check if everyhing is alright
4) edit manually if necessary (save and exit with ZZ)
5) reboot and now it should be accessible via network from another machine
** EDIT **
since I had problems with access again and after reboot had to call this from terminal:
I installed the app "WiFi ADB - Debug Over Air" which automatically opens the port on ethernet connection.
Here is also a xda thread dealing with that topic: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/moun ... t-82521979
It would be nice to have this as a setting in the odroid settings app.