[Reference OS Image] issues and/or bugs

Andyyy
languages_spoken: english, 조금 한국어
ODROIDs: OGA BE, OGS and OG OG

[Reference OS Image] issues and/or bugs

Post by Andyyy »

Hello again,
I noticed an issue with audio specifically when using earphones. If the system is shutdown while earphones are plugged in, then rebooted with earphones unplugged there is no audio. This can be rectified by inserting and removing earphones. While the device is on, it is not resolved by rebooting or attempting to adjust the audio.

This originally occured using 4 pole earphones. I didn't have 3 pole earphones at home. After noticing the issue I went out and got some to test. They didn't change anything. I've tested it through the hardware test feature and the audio works fine. However when I'm the OS the issue is still there. So it looks like a firmware issue.

Additionally when the device boots from the hardware test it doesn't read the microSD card (none of the games or systems show up - only the configuration folder) and as a result you have to reboot.

Rebooting has been an issue in fact. Occassionally when rebooting the screen will stay black (With a red indicator light at the rear of the device when this occurs). I then have to hold down the power button and reboot that way.

So in summary:
1)Audio issue - sound won't play from the speaker when earphones have been connected, even after restarting the device. (the only solution is to reconnect then disconnect earphones.) Confirmed issue through hardware test.
2)Rebooting the device through software - sometimes results in a black screen and the blue indicator LED turning off.
3)Booting after the hardware test the OS doesn't read the microSD card.

I hope this is all helpful. Please let me know if I can help in any other way.
These users thanked the author Andyyy for the post:
odroid (Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:07 pm)

Andyyy
languages_spoken: english, 조금 한국어
ODROIDs: OGA BE, OGS and OG OG

Re: [Reference OS Image] issues and/or bugs

Post by Andyyy »

Hello all,
Just an update. I flashed the updated firmware to the device. A wonderfully simple process!

WIFI is now working!

The sound issue reported above is still present.
Upon flashing the updated image all save data was lost, is it possible to change the save storage location to the sd card instead of the onboard storage to avoid this happening in the future?

As always thank you to the developers for all of your hard work!

Return to “Issues”