Re: Rocknix - Odroid Go Ultra

Post by geo077 »

waywardthrowback wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 7:16 am
geo077 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:40 pm
waywardthrowback wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 8:25 am
I got 50 and 30 in the PAL versions Double Dash and Wind Waker respectively. Can't speak for more intense games, but those ran very well. 60 frames in Chains of Olympus at 1x for PSP and control stick issue has been fixed.
Regarding the PSP games, the PK clone and Retroid Pocket 2s (which have a less poweful GPUs) can easily 2x (and more) the entire PSP catalogue of games (including GoW). Are the graphics drivers not implemented yet in Rocknix?
GOW is very playable at 2x. It is almost constantly at 60fps and occasionally dips to 55-56. We're talking occasional hiccups here at 2x. Just at 1x there are no hiccups. I played at 2x for about five minutes just now, and it ran at a full 60fps a good 98-99% of the time. TBH, that is one of the more difficult games to run, and it'd be a it of a head scratcher why you would want higher than 2x for PSP games on 5 inch 854x480 display.
Thanks for that! No reason to run it at greater than 2x, I would be shocked a device with the Ultra's specs couldn't at least 2x the PSP catalogue. With the latest updates to Rocknix, I'm seriously considering getting an Ultra. I already have last year's model of the RG35xx and I wanted something that was an upgrade without breaking the bank. It looks like the Ultra is it.

jollygreen
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: Go Ultra
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jollygreen »

So far I’m loving my new Odroid. Installed rocknix and haven’t had any major bugs. Set cores to big and psp seems flawless. GBA looks AMAZING. Perfect size screen for it imo. My biggest gripe is charging takes forever

teams02
ODROIDs: n2+ GO ULTRA

Post by teams02 »

regarding running PSP at 2x on the GO ULTRA. have you changed the graphics driver to Vulcan in the PPSSPP menu?. you can also overclock the s922x in the systems settings. the odroid go ultra should match the retroid pocket 2s performance wise.

geo077

Post by geo077 »

teams02 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:46 pm
regarding running PSP at 2x on the GO ULTRA. have you changed the graphics driver to Vulcan in the PPSSPP menu?. you can also overclock the s922x in the systems settings. the odroid go ultra should match the retroid pocket 2s performance wise.
Yeah, this is what should happen. They both have the same GPU, Mali-G52. Retroid Pocket 2s and 3+ are MP2 (at 614mhz and 850mhz) but the Ultra has the MP6 version (at 846mhz). The Ultra should outperform even the RP 3+ and yet.... It must be a graphics driver issue for sure.

desouze2000
languages_spoken: french, english
ODROIDs: odroid go ultra

Post by desouze2000 »

Hi,
Just tried Moonlight, works perfectly!

Just modify the "moonlight.conf" file in "/config/moonlight/" directory (host ip)
Configure Sunshine on my PC (add the OGU display definition: 854x480, add the application I want to play: games, steam...
connect on my OGU via SSH and type

Code: Select all

moonlight

pair host ip
and type the pin on the PC
try the connection with

moonlight list
try a game with the following command:

moonlight stream -app (game)
for example

for more simplicity I made text files in the games-roms/moonlight/ directory named like this: "game I want to play.sh" and edit it with a line like: "moonlight stream -app (game)"

Update gamelist and go to the new moonlight section, you have your games ^^
These users thanked the author desouze2000 for the post:
odroid (Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:29 am)

brooksytech

Post by brooksytech »

desouze2000 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:15 pm
Hi,
Just tried Moonlight, works perfectly!

Just modify the "moonlight.conf" file in "/config/moonlight/" directory (host ip)
Configure Sunshine on my PC (add the OGU display definition: 854x480, add the application I want to play: games, steam...
connect on my OGU via SSH and type

moonlight

pair host ip
and type the pin on the PC
try the connection with

moonlight list
try a game with the following command:

moonlight stream -app (game)
for example

for more simplicity I made text files in the games-roms/moonlight/ directory named like this: "game I want to play.sh" and edit it with a line like: "moonlight stream -app (game)"

Update gamelist and go to the new moonlight section, you have your games ^^
Interesting, I wonder if the updated mali drivers have the needed extensions for moonlight. Will look into this further. Thanks for the heads up.

Ulikasil910
ODROIDs: Go Ultra

Post by Ulikasil910 »

Is there a way to launch Plex or even Kodi in Rocknix?

brooksytech

Post by brooksytech »

Currently no. Maybe kodi someday.

Return to “Projects”