SD card corrupted, after mounting /home from it

rohezalzal
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid ultra go

SD card corrupted, after mounting /home from it

Post by rohezalzal »

Lubuntu / QT Ubuntu:
I am using an 32 GB Sandisk SD card for hosting images. This works fine. When I tried to move the home directory to the SD card, it is sometimes not found. I created an ext4 partition and entered it into FS TAB. It booted once or twice, but then the card became corrupted and needed to be reformated / fs check repair via gparted, the superblock was destroyed twice. Dmesg complained about no answer from the SD card during the boot, it was not found in /dev/mmc... . Buggy sd card, hardware problem on the OGU or Ubuntu Software Problem? I am using the 2020.4 hardkernel image with a new window manager and without emu station.

Also: can you boot directly from the SD card, not from the EMMC? My usecase is a dualboot system.

odroid
Site Admin
languages_spoken: English, Korean
ODROIDs: ODROID

Re: SD card corrupted, after mounting /home from it

Post by odroid »

The Ubuntu-ES image has already been downloaded by over 1,000 people, but there have been no reports of similar phenomena.
Unless there is a system log or kernel log, it is very difficult to trace the cause of a file system corruption.

eMMC always has higher boot priority than microSD card.
However, you can temporarily change the boot priority of the microSD card by pressing the hidden recovery button on the back of the device when turning it on.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid_go_ultra ... overy_emmc

rohezalzal
languages_spoken: english
ODROIDs: odroid ultra go

Re: SD card corrupted, after mounting /home from it

Post by rohezalzal »

You were correct, it was an old SD card, which had a hardware glitch. Thank your for your answer.

Return to “General Topics”