C4 petitboot HDMI does not sync

AFUN
languages_spoken: english german
ODROIDs: C2 C4
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C4 petitboot HDMI does not sync

Post by AFUN »

I am starting to set up my C4 with the minimal Ubuntu image. My setup is equipped with an HIFI shield plus, that has been activated with the regarding overlay from the amlogic directory. After I installed the multiboot enhancement ODROIDBIOS-20200721, I am able to boot from either the EMMC image or the image from the SD-Card. But after I installed this multiboot option, my HDMI monitor does not find the signal of the booted system. The behaviour is like that:
1. reboot
2. petitboot menu appears. Boot option can be selected
3. On system boot, the HDMI signal disappears
4. The system is booted correctly and accessible via SSH, but no HDMI signal output
5. Switch off and switch on of the HDMI monitor
6. The HDMI output is correct and I see the screen

Question No. 1: Which display settings are relevant? Those in boot.ini or those in config.ini?
Question No. 2: Why has it been broken by petitboot? It has been working well before I installed it.
Question No. 3: What do I have to do different from switching off and on the monitor?

Data:
Kernel: 4.9.236-39
Kernel command line: root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend fsck.repair=yes net.ifnames=0 elevator=noop hdmimode=1080p60hz cvbsmode=576cvbs max_freq_a55=1908 maxcpus=4 voutmode=hdmi disablehpd=false cvbscable= overscan=100 monitor_onoff=false logo=osd0,loaded hdmitx=cec3f sdrmode=auto enable_wol=0
Installed multiboot enhancement: ODROIDBIOS-20200721

Return to “Issues”